Age difference... does it matter for guys ?

• Author
That's sweet. I would wonder the same thing if a guy does that all for me. :D

Aww that's nice. Isn't it exciting to be spending time with someone you really like even though it makes you wonder what's going on in his mind and heart.

Even working together aside, it shouldn't hold him back too much of his feelings towards you or confessing them to you. Don't know if it could just be shyness or religion. Maybe you will find out, sooner or later, since you've already started talking about religion and deeper stuff with him. :)

Yes, it gives you such a warm feeling inside. It's heaven.

Nevertheless, I'm afraid that I'll be rejected.

I get the feeling that I'm just a friend.

But then again, how can you know ?

Maybe I'm also projecting the 'we're just friends' vibe.

Today, I also had the feeling we spent too much time together, maybe he'll get bored by me, who knows :p ...

But we see each other everyday ...

ladyabstrused
Yes, it gives you such a warm feeling inside. It's heaven.

Nevertheless, I'm afraid that I'll be rejected.

I get the feeling that I'm just a friend.

But then again, how can you know ?

Maybe I'm also projecting the 'we're just friends' vibe.

Today, I also had the feeling we spent too much time together, maybe he'll get bored by me, who knows :p ...

But we see each other everyday ...

Well there's always nothing wrong with being close friends, right? I mean, sometimes I just leave it to fate...if it's meant to be, it will happen, if not, there's a good reason for it. :)

• Like 1
  • Author
Well there's always nothing wrong with being close friends, right? I mean, sometimes I just leave it to fate...if it's meant to be, it will happen, if not, there's a good reason for it. :)

Yes, you're right. :)

We'll see what happens and see what fate has planned for us.

• Like 1
  • Author

Okay, now i'm really freaking out.

Today my boss told me, my coworker is gonna be transferred to my cubicle at the office.

That means that we'll be working alone together in an office space from tomorrow.

:confused:

• Like 1
ladyabstrused
Okay, now i'm really freaking out.

Today my boss told me, my coworker is gonna be transferred to my cubicle at the office.

That means that we'll be working alone together in an office space from tomorrow.

:confused:

This made me have butterflies in my stomach! Exciting! I can't imagine how you must feel. You'd have trouble focusing on your work. Hehe. Aren't you excited? :D

• Author
This made me have butterflies in my stomach! Exciting! I can't imagine how you must feel. You'd have trouble focusing on your work. Hehe. Aren't you excited? :D

I don't know how I must feel. I don't even know if he's dating someone else. Today during lunch he had some errands to run to.... and he was sneaky about it. :(

But he's still flirty with me, I don't get this situation...

Yeah, butterflies of course, erm, yeah, what should I wear tomorrow ??? :eek:

What to say to him during all day ? Why, why, why ???

Why does he look at me like he's in love ? Why, why, why ???

Okay, tomorrow new updates lady ;).

ladyabstrused
I don't know how I must feel. I don't even know if he's dating someone else. Today during lunch he had some errands to run to.... and he was sneaky about it. :(

But he's still flirty with me, I don't get this situation...

Yeah, butterflies of course, erm, yeah, what should I wear tomorrow ??? :eek:

What to say to him during all day ? Why, why, why ???

Why does he look at me like he's in love ? Why, why, why ???

Okay, tomorrow new updates lady ;).

All I'll say is just be yourself. :)

It will be fine! I'm excited for you. Yes yes, do update about your day tomorrow working in the same cubicle with the person you're infatuated with. ;)

Honestly, I miss getting this type of feeling that you get when you're around someone you just can't stop thinking about. :) Lucky you.

• Author
All I'll say is just be yourself. :)

It will be fine! I'm excited for you. Yes yes, do update about your day tomorrow working in the same cubicle with the person you're infatuated with. ;)

Honestly, I miss getting this type of feeling that you get when you're around someone you just can't stop thinking about. :) Lucky you.

Ohh my, the day is over, and it's been wonderful with him :love:.

It was awkward at the office, we didn't know how to act.

But we stayed professional.

And I asked him out ! I found something we both could do, eating cupcakes in a parlour, cos we both like sweet things. Hehe, I was taking a deep breath before asking him. And he was very happy with it.

At dinner, we exchanged pieces of pizza. Hehe. Colleagues acted funny saying we kept exchanging things...

And the best part, he drove me (with his new car) to my car, again :p.

He even opened the car door for me. :eek:

Edited by Kamila
TaraMaiden

echanging pizza, huh....?

That's a marriage proposal in Italy, ya know..... that and eating spaghetti.....

• Author
echanging pizza, huh....?

That's a marriage proposal in Italy, ya know..... that and eating spaghetti.....

LOL :D

I said to him: "I never eat scampi's"... 10 min later he replies... "if you want we could exchange some pizza... " ehe... the scampi was good ...

ladyabstrused

Aww I'm glad you're having a great time since he started to work near you. Heh, seems like things are going pretty well there. :)

Well, here's the story. I'm so confused right now, because I never thought I would be posting something like this here.

I was mainly on the break-up and coping section and yeah getting over my heartbreak until I meet someone else...

He's a guy from work I've meet a month ago and we work on the same project.

He's 27 and I'm 30. At first he thought I was younger than him but I said I wasn't (without telling him how old I really am).

I know 3 years of difference isn't much.

But for you guys ? Is that a problem ?

He doesn't know and he's flirting like crazy with me. What should I do ?

He once texted me when I was sick and he wished me to get well soon.

And when we go out with the colleagues he's like super enthusiastic around me.

Today was really the icing on the cake, we went to a restaurant with the colleagues and on our way back to the office we kind of grew away from the group.

We talked about what we were going to do in the weekend, about general stuff.

He also slowed his pace just to talk more with me...

So confused here ... I'm here with a big grin on my face I can't wash away :confused:

Take a hint from your signature ... and beat the iron while it's hot. :p

If he has a problem with you being 'older', then you won't be able to hide that age forever ... he will eventually find out.

On another note, i hope you know what you're getting yourself involved in with a co-worker ... with this economy it could spell disaster.

PS: After reading of the exchanging of pizzas i only thought of this ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrl844rONx0

Edited by Radu
  • Author
My ex is now dating someone 20 years younger...hes turning 50 and its screaming mid life crisis!

But he's a man, a man dating a younger girl is quite common, no ?

• Author
Take a hint from your signature ... and beat the iron while it's hot. :p

If he has a problem with you being 'older', then you won't be able to hide that age forever ... he will eventually find out.

On another note, i hope you know what you're getting yourself involved in with a co-worker ... with this economy it could spell disaster.

PS: After reading of the exchanging of pizzas i only thought of this ...

Lady And The Tramp - Bella Notte (Main Version) - YouTube

He knows I'm older, just not 3 years...

Well, we're consultants, we're not really tied to the company we work for. We change jobs every 6 months...

Lol, that scene is so universal and cute.

Today, we worked, watched some videos, laughed, ate, the usual.

At the end of the day, he said " The time went very fast today ... "

• Author

Okay... something awkward happened.

We had a busy day and after the second meeting in the evening, we went back to our office.

He saw that I was tired and he tried talking to me. I just nodded or mumbled something.

Before I know, he was standing behind me and started massaging my shoulders. I think I felt his face slowly moving next to mine.

I was paralyzed.

After a couple of minutes I went outside to blow off some steam.

The rest of the evening I barely talked, while he tried to engage in some sort of conversation.

Then I went home.

TaraMaiden

....So tomorrow..... you leave a note on his desk, thanking him for the massage, and telling him you found it a wonderful surprise, but you weren't quite sure what to say - you were scared of making an idiot of yourself....

.....maybe...?

You still have a few bridges to negotiate, don't you........? :)

• Author

Uhu, we have still some things to discuss.

I was just amazed that he took action. He never, ever did something that physical.

Maybe my touches of the past weeks awaked something in him. Er.

What will happen next... :o

It depends, is he a very staunch muslim? I realise that in many religions, people tend to have different practices. Like some staunch muslims, they don't even date because they consider it a sin. I have a friend like this. She doesn't believe in dating all because religion says a woman is not to communicate with a man not of her bloodline because it's a sin. But yet, she does talk to other males.

I'm guessing that if he does show some signs of interest and talks to you...he probably isn't really that staunch? Best thing to do is, to ask him about it. I mean, I don't see anything wrong with finding out more about someone's culture and background, right? That'll give you more topics of discussion with him. :)

Why are u interested in a guy/religion that treats women like sh@t???

• Author
Why are u interested in a guy/religion that treats women like sh@t???

Well, I try to be open-minded.

He was born here in Europe and he seems very integrated.

He has a master's degree like me, we have a lot in common, we have the same humour, hell we share much more than I imagined...

I can't generalize and assume that he'll treat me badly now ?

Or am I too naive ?

Don't judge all Muslims with the same yardstick. There are various degrees of extremism, as with everything else, and I personally know Muslim men who treat their wife very well. Or at least way better than what we often see on this board.

Judge him by how he treats you, not by his religion.

• Like 1
WhyWontYouBe
Don't judge all Muslims with the same yardstick. There are various degrees of extremism, as with everything else, and I personally know Muslim men who treat their wife very well. Or at least way better than what we often see on this board.

Judge him by how he treats you, not by his religion.

Wish I could agree, but the country I am from, there are countless stories of women hooked up by Muslim men who treat them well, shower them with gifts and fancy words and after they get married they literally convert them into a slave. A 180 degree change in attitude.

In many of the those cases they are locked in the houses, threaten with death, getting beaten, etc etc. And ALL of these women tell the same story, how he was nice to them at first, how they connected, how happy they were, no fights, lots of promises of happy ending only to end up as a child maker machine.

There's actually an organization here that helps free those women and hide them after, because they if they are found, they are shot dead.

And from what I read, this guy is fairly into his religion.

ladyabstrused
Okay... something awkward happened.

We had a busy day and after the second meeting in the evening, we went back to our office.

He saw that I was tired and he tried talking to me. I just nodded or mumbled something.

Before I know, he was standing behind me and started massaging my shoulders. I think I felt his face slowly moving next to mine.

I was paralyzed.

After a couple of minutes I went outside to blow off some steam.

The rest of the evening I barely talked, while he tried to engage in some sort of conversation.

Then I went home.

Aww that's sweet. :)

Did you thank him yet? You must've stopped breathing the whole time he was doing that. I cannot imagine having the guy I'm infatuated with massaging my shoulder. That'd be something.

ladyabstrused
Wish I could agree, but the country I am from, there are countless stories of women hooked up by Muslim men who treat them well, shower them with gifts and fancy words and after they get married they literally convert them into a slave. A 180 degree change in attitude.

In many of the those cases they are locked in the houses, threaten with death, getting beaten, etc etc. And ALL of these women tell the same story, how he was nice to them at first, how they connected, how happy they were, no fights, lots of promises of happy ending only to end up as a child maker machine.

There's actually an organization here that helps free those women and hide them after, because they if they are found, they are shot dead.

And from what I read, this guy is fairly into his religion.

Though not all muslim guys are like that. I've got a friend who is married and her husband is a staunch muslim. They're the nicest people I've known in my life.

Don't think this guy should be judged or deemed bad just cos he's a muslim.