How, or if, to ask a girl you are dating if she has breast implants

Babolat

My girlfriend actually talks about wanting to get breast implants in the not-so-distant future. She's a B cup so I don't quite get it, but I also don't encourage or discourage it either way. It's pretty much the only insecurity that she has that's related to her body, and given just how messed up most women are in that department, I thank my lucky stars that it's the only thing she sometimes gets uneasy about. :bunny:

It's the only body-insecurity most women who get augmentation worry about, so I'm sure you two will be fine. :)

At the end of the day, there aren't hordes of women with breast implants dying alone because they were unable to find someone who loved them for them and wouldn't throw them out like yesterday's trash simply because they had cosmetic surgery.

When a guy rejects a woman simply because she enhanced her appearance, it says a LOT more about him than it does her. :)

I don't think I've ever met or heard of a flat chested black woman unless she was very underweight to the point of being emaciated. Seriously.

Even Jackie-Joiner Kersee (about as muscular as they come) still had boobs.

I also observe that a woman being a bit heavier is also more accepted by black men.

Well there are flat chested black women. Some do like thick women but that is the limit I want nothing pushing BBW status. That whole comment had nothing to do with the correction of some men instead of your intended all men. I wouldn't know about dating black women because they are not the type of women I date.:cool:

I appreciate your love of all things natural.

However, my mother didn't feel very feminine after losing her breasts. For some women who have no breasts, it is the same. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with them either. I'm very glad when women of all sizes find a way to be happy with what they were born with.

Again, your mom went through a medical situation...theres nothing wrong with her trying to go back to who she was before her affliction. Thats different from some insecure girl trying to become something she isnt.

When it comes to plastic surgery people opinions tend to be different based on the reason for the surgery. If its for purely cosmetic reasons, people might raise an eyebrow. If its because someones been disfigured due to accident or illness, we all give a thumbs up and say "good for him/her" for making it through a tough ordeal. Thats how it is. Most sympathize with sickness, not with anything that would be deemed purely vanity.

Im just being honest.

Anyway, I get the impression (maybe I'm wrong) that you've never been in a relationship with a flat-chested woman. You say you'd 'love the hell' out of her...likely in the theoretical is my bet. Your discussion about gaining weight so she can have boobs is also ridiculous. Yea, become overweight so they can have boobs for you. That sounds like a healthy choice. :rolleyes:
Ive hooked up and crushed on some flat chested chicks. Would have dated one of them if she was into me as a boyfriend type. She just wanted to have fun though. So please dont assume I wouldnt date a flat chested girl. I know who I would and wouldnt enjoy dating. As long as the chick is fit, then Im good. My ex who I was the most deeply in love with was a small but perky B cup. Would have loved her the same if she was an A or a C. She had a great ass and awesome curvature, so her breasts werent my fave anyways.

And you know nothing about weight if you dismiss my weight gain idea so quickly. Do you know anything about fitness? Men and women eat extra calories all the time so they can gain weight IN THE RIGHT PLACES. Its called bulking. You dont get overweight, you gain just the right amount of extra weight and sculpt it how you want.

All I was saying is that since breasts are fatty tissue, that a woman can try gaining a few pounds to add meat to her bones and then go through a cutting cycle to sculpt the new weight. Learn something about fitness before telling me Im preaching unhealthy stuff. Plenty of women know that their breasts get bigger or smaller as their weight changes.

The problem is you cannot spot gain, or spot lose body fat. So if you gain int he breasts, you will gain in other areas...but the key is giving it a shot and learning how your body reacts to weight change. One of my good friends from high school was a size 0 until her mid 20s. She was a stick figure all around. No ass whatsoever, and hardly any boobs. Now shes like a size 4, has a nice little booty and a cute set of breasts. Shed look even better if she toned it all up in the gym. Sure not every girl will be like my friend, but its worth a shot to figure out how ones body works.

So all in all, Im not talking out of my ass...go check out some fitness forums. Weight gain doesnt automatically mean someone is becoming unhealthy or overweight. Im trying to gain weight now, and my heavier weight will be due to muscle gain and more bone density from working out.

You don't have breasts, yet you continue to talk like you do.

But back to my mom's situation... Unless you've helped care for someone with cancer (who got it relatively young), your opinions about what is 'minimizing' are also uninformed.

Im sorry, but when you compare your moms situation to that of insecure young women who are healthy...you an indeed minimizing her situation.

You think Im going to compare hollywood botox and nose jobs treatments to that of a person who needed surgery to fix scars and injuries from an accident? Just because they have the same procedures does not make the situations comparable. Thats why I thinks its stupid you even put your moms cancer in the same paragraph as your insecure chick friends.

Edited by kaylan
  • Like 1

Since it is my mom and my friends, I think I'm more qualified to know how they felt about their bodies. Not you.

Like I said, I'm very happy when women can accept their bodies. I wish they all could.

I'm going to stop trying to help you develop empathy, because all you seem to know how to do in your responses is insult me and my friends and families experience...

regarding fitness... I don't need to defend myself. I've been an athlete my entire adult life. Longer than you've been alive.

Now, go jump off a building so you can claim to be an expert in that too. With a parachute, of course.

Edited by RedRobin
I'm going to stop trying to help you develop empathy, because all you seem to know how to do in your responses is insult...

That's all he knows how to do, unfortunately. :(

AGAIN,one cannot compare pure insecurity withhow god made them, with insecurity caused by dsifuguriment from a life threatneing illness. What dont you get about that? The two situations are very different and not comparable and it was stupid for you to ever do so. Doesnt matter what relation you have to the people, it was a dumb comparison.

Since it is my mom and my friends, I think I'm more qualified to know how they felt about their bodies. Not you.

Like I said, I'm very happy when women can accept their bodies. I wish they all could.

I'm going to stop trying to help you develop empathy, because all you seem to know how to do in your responses is insult me and my friends and families experience...

regarding fitness... I don't need to defend myself. I've been an athlete my entire adult life. Longer than you've been alive.

Now, go jump off a building so you can claim to be an expert in that too. With a parachute, of course.

Also, I have empathy for people like your mom. People who actually get plastic surgery for medical condition and body functions. I have no empathy for insecure people who get plastic surgery because they lack confidence. In their cases the surgery is not necessary whatsoever.

And regarding fitness, I wouldnt expect you to want to defend yourself since you have shown to not truly know what you are talking about.

If youve been an athlete your whole life how in the world did you come to the conclusion before that because I was telling people to gain a little weight that I was telling them to be unhealthy and overweight? Someone whos an athlete would know what the hell bulking and cutting is and would have understood my fitness comments from the jump.

AGAIN,one cannot compare pure insecurity withhow god made them, with insecurity caused by dsifuguriment from a life threatneing illness. What dont you get about that? The two situations are very different and not comparable and it was stupid for you to ever do so. Doesnt matter what relation you have to the people, it was a dumb comparison.

Sure it can. 'God' gave her that illness too (according to some). In some circles, she was supposed to gracefully accept that and not seek repair.

My mother was and still is a die hard 'naturalist'. It was not an easy decision for her to get reconstruction. Some told HER it was vain too.

Lol @ women with implants. Lack of self confidence and getting fake body parts is totally unattractive.

Want better breasts? Hit the gym or just deal with what god gave ya. I like women who put real work into looking good, not spending cash on shortcuts.

I used to think this way too but spending the last 5 years in the gym did diddly squat for my breast. In fact it made them smaller because my overall body fat % is lower.

When you lose or gain body fat, you don't get to choose where it comes from.. it happens from ALL OVER and your genetics determine where you tend to lose/gain it from the most.

Gain a little weight to add fatty tissue to the breasts. Then hit the gym to perk up the breasts by working the muscles underneath.

Sorry it doesn't work that way. :lmao:

The only surefire way to spot gain fat (or lose fat) in a specific area of the body is on the surgeons table.

You can build muscle in specific areas but most women don't want a muscular chest lol.

Sure it can. 'God' gave her that illness too (according to some). In some circles, she was supposed to gracefully accept that and not seek repair.

My mother was and still is a die hard 'naturalist'. It was not an easy decision for her to get reconstruction. Some told HER it was vain too.

Lol @ semantics....your mom was going back to the person she always was and had a serious medical condition.

People who were never sick in the first place, and were simply insecure, do not belong in comparisons to her.

TheBigQuestion

Get a goddamn grip. No one is insulting anyone in this thread. Kaylan thinks the comparison you're making is a dumb one. He hasn't insulted you or any of your relatives.

• Like 1
I used to think this way too but spending the last 5 years in the gym did diddly squat for my breast. In fact it made them smaller because my overall body fat % is lower.

When you lose or gain body fat, you don't get to choose where it comes from.. it happens from ALL OVER and your genetics determine where you tend to lose/gain it from the most.

Sorry it doesn't work that way. :lmao:

The only surefire way to spot gain fat (or lose fat) in a specific area of the body is on the surgeons table.

You can build muscle in specific areas but most women don't want a muscular chest lol.

I love how you didnt read my previous posts at all. I already said you cannot spot gain or spot reduce fat. And I already highlighted a friend of mine who gained all over rather nicely, and if she only toned out some shed be looking even better.

Learn to read the entire thread from now on.

Also, I have empathy for people like your mom. People who actually get plastic surgery for medical condition and body functions. I have no empathy for insecure people who get plastic surgery because they lack confidence. In their cases the surgery is not necessary whatsoever.

And regarding fitness, I wouldnt expect you to want to defend yourself since you have shown to not truly know what you are talking about.

If youve been an athlete your whole life how in the world did you come to the conclusion before that because I was telling people to gain a little weight that I was telling them to be unhealthy and overweight? Someone whos an athlete would know what the hell bulking and cutting is and would have understood my fitness comments from the jump.

Most women don't like looking like Helga the German shot-putter either.

Gaining 'a little weight' is not going to make a flat-chested woman have a nice B cup. Sorry. Ain't happnin'. Especially if she gains weight in other parts of her body.

Whatever Kaylan. I see you are an expert in everything. :rolleyes:

When a guy rejects a woman simply because she enhanced her appearance, it says a LOT more about him than it does her.

Yeah, it says he has a reasonable preference, just like everyone else in the world has.

• Like 1
Get a goddamn grip. No one is insulting anyone in this thread. Kaylan thinks the comparison you're making is a dumb one. He hasn't insulted you or any of your relatives.

He has a pervasive pattern of insulting people in various threads, hence why I can no longer see his posts unless someone quotes him.

• Like 1

Good for him. When he gets to know someone who has had breast cancer, I'll consider his opinion.

Yeah, it says he has a reasonable preference, just like everyone else in the world has.

Wrong. He's not saying "I only like the look/feel of real breasts." THAT would be a preference. He's making personal character attacks on women who have had cosmetic surgery. Huge difference.

• Like 2
I love how you didnt read my previous posts at all. I already said you cannot spot gain or spot reduce fat. And I already highlighted a friend of mine who gained all over rather nicely, and if she only toned out some shed be looking even better.

Learn to read the entire thread from now on.

My bad, I saw all of that was posted while I was typing... I took too long getting my post finished! You guys are on a whole other side bar...

Most women don't like looking like Helga the German shot-putter either.

Gaining 'a little weight' is not going to make a flat-chested woman have a nice B cup. Sorry. Ain't happnin'. Especially if she gains weight in other parts of her body.

Whatever Kaylan. I see you are an expert in everything. :rolleyes:

Omg...you really dont know how to understand what I am saying do you?

Read my posts word for word. I said that you cannot spot gain or spot lose fat. Im saying weight gain should be given a try so a woman can figure out how her body works.

My super skinny friend did just fine doing this. She was a size 0 with no shape whatsoever and has filled out nicely over the last few years. Sculpting in the gym would make her a fox. Shes gained about 20 pounds Id say and shes still FAR from overweight. Shes still slim actually.

... AND telling us what is or is not cosmetic.

ANY surgery that changes one's appearance and is not needed to cure an illness is cosmetic.

Including my mother's... Her implants were not necessary to cure an illness. It WAS necessary for her to feel 'normal' again. That is what she and my friends have in common.

My bad, I saw all of that was posted while I was typing... I took too long getting my post finished! You guys are on a whole other side bar...

Its cool....my bad if I was at all rude in my reply to you. And youre right...we are on a totally different side bar.

Im just advocating people love the skin they are in and be sexy with it. You dont need surgeries to be sexy. Surgery for what? To conform to what you think the opposite sex would want you to look like? Oh please.

And before anyone says "they got surgery for themselves"....no they didnt. The reason insecure men and women get purely cosmetic surgery in the first place is because other people make them think they should look different.

Be confident with the body you were born with.