I'm attracted to the wrong type of guy :/

pandagirl

• Author
I completely agree. Women say they want a nice guy, but they always pick the jerk in the end.

People who are "jerks" are never obviously jerks. You'd have to be a pretty messed up person to be with someone who blatantly was a jerk.

ChessPieceFace
I am always drawn to the wrong type of guy and I'm starting to feel defective for it. No, I don't like jerks or players. I do like genuinely nice men, but in addition to that, the issue is that I am highly attracted to very strong personalities--guys that are somewhat weird, or quirky, eccentric, a little strange, etc. Men with dominating personalities who are often very cerebral with great minds and ideas.

Wait, what? Since when do "nice guys" have "dominating personalities"?? I think you are in denial about the kinds of men you're going after. Or maybe you used a very poor choice of words.

You're ahead of most other girls if you actually do ignore jerks & players for smart, "nice" guys, which you claim to. Might just be bad luck so far. I don't see how you could think that every intellectual guy is not in touch with his emotions. As a genius I would say that we aren't controlled by our emotions (or our penises either.) Also many of us geniuses have been sh-t on by women our whole lives and as a result don't trust them and are tired of walking around with broken hearts, pining over another girl who treats us like dirt.

I am very in touch with some of my emotions, such as tearing up at certain moving/emotional things in dramas etc. But interpersonally, I keep everyone at arms length emotionally because I don't trust that I wouldn't just be emotionally hurt again for the umpteenth time. So, perhaps if you gave a guy a chance to know you weren't going to just discard him (which you seem to be doing) then he might open up emotionally.