Share your progress !

• Author

Well done Leandro on the pushups! Were they from your knees, or on your toes? Either way, 3 sets of ten is enough to get you sweaty of you push yourself hard!

Okay, I have a meal plan, a deadline, and an exercise plan. I WILL stick to it, and if I do not lose weight, then I will at least have GLOWING skin, and a hot body shape. Even if it is not the 53 - 52 kilos I want.

FOOD:

AM or MIDNIGHT SNACK ( yes I need one to sleep and it works, after years of insomnia); 2 tbsps of nut butter ( sunflower, almond, or macadamia)

BREAKFAST: Organic fruit

LUNCH: Sweet potato chips

DINNER: OPTIONS: - two boiled eggs w/ raw green salad veggies and organic balsamic dressing ( it is pure, no cr@p added).

- OR goat or sheep cheese fetter salad with raw greens

- OR fish with raw greens and balsamic dressing

LESS OFTEN

- OR less often, I will have chicken or red meat with greens.

SNACK: ( I can have this before or after dinner) OPTIONS: fresh fruit, dried fruit, small portion of nuts.

TREAT FOODS: I do not believe grains are essential, so I will only occasionally have rye sprouted essence bread, or any form of bread and pasta - I will try to save them for guests and occasions when they r fun options to have in company.

I will also allow raw chocolate.

WITH CHOCOLATE - the raw chocolate I have is pure and healthy, and when I DO have it, I prefer to have a larger amount, but less often........ SO I would have the chocolate in place of my lunch.

ALSO - I have very healthy and RAW energy bars ( raw means the food is living, and has not been heated). These are to be consumed ONLY when I am on the go, for convencience.

PREVIOUSLY I have been LIVING off of raw chocolate and energy bars. Which although healthy, are not the same as eggs, fish, and other substancial meals.

EXERCISE: Tracey Andersons matt dvd 6 days per week IN ADDITION to running 3 days per week for 30 mins.

I will also walk a lot - on the days when I am not working on my feet all day.

SO. There you have it. The new plan of a reformed obsessive health freak. I am not as extreme as I have been - with the raw vegan phase, or the STRICTLY paleo foods with NO grains or dairy or even SUGAR FREE raw chocolate......

OH - I am trying 1600 calories per day WITH my exercise, and if I cannot lose to 53 kilos on this, I will maintain my current 53.whatever.

The end. I will not be posting now aside from to encourage others, and I will post my progress once per week...

I have decided the best plan for me, and need to just do it.

Well done Leandro on the pushups! Were they from your knees, or on your toes? Either way, 3 sets of ten is enough to get you sweaty of you push yourself hard!.

They were on toes and with good form too. I couldn't do that in the past.

eerie_reverie

Your lunch is gonna be potato chips? I don't think that's enough food OR the right kind of food.

And dinner is two eggs?

I'm sorry, but I think your meal plan = starvation.

I ran in a race with my hubby yesterday, it was so much fun! I did have pizza for breakfast which was delicious and totally worth it :laugh: I'll probably run about 5 miles later today.

• Author

Eevie - you have misunderstood what I said; I bake MY OWN chips, and they are sweet potato. I bake them in olive oil. They make a solid 400 calorie meal if I use 1 tbsp olive oil.

And I do not starve myself - I know how how many calories a women of my size needs, and I eat them. Every day. In fact, I have not restricted, fasted, or eaten UNDER the resommendations for calories in years.

I am 116.6 ( 53 kilos) when I first wake up, yay! My goal is to be 53 kilos at the END of the day, and more like 52.5 ish when I first wake up.

Not long to go now guys! More importantly, since I am at home most days, and have been away from the gym, I make sure to do Traceys 1 hour matt workout, AND a Pilates DVD, AND long walks.

I am going to start geting up and doing stretched every 2 hours - holding the stretches for one minute each.

I am heading back to the gym starting from tomorrow. I will continue to do Traceys matt DVD 6 days per week in addition to the running 3 - 4 days per week.

That execise, plus clean eating ( avoiding my sugar free pure and healthy chocolate bars for now, and cutting back on the goats cheese) will = a superior, clean, and very good diet that will = glowing skin, hopefully!

Like I said. I will never have a small body type, like a model. However, I CAN have lovely skin, and also use exercise to attain a fantastic body, within what is possible for MY body type.

I hate my body type, but I can learn to hate it less.

ALLINA - haha, I have had chocolate for breakfast before. Several times, actually. I remember once, I binged at breakfast, and got called up for work ( which was at a gym), and asked to go on a 8 kilometre run. LOL.

Well I weighed myself tonight. I'm 230lbs now. Last Sunday I was 235lbs. I didn't starve myself or anything like that. I only worked out one day and did cardio on one day too. This week I should be able to go to the gym like I use to and do a little more cardio as well.

Leigh I don't know what your budget $$$ is but have you ever considered / tried protein bars and protein powder? They are reasonably controlled in terms of sugars and calories. Protein powder has very low sugars in it and is perfect for flavouring low carb cottage cheese as a snack, or a meal at night like I often do. Or simply add it to oats. I use quick cooking oats and you don't even have to cook them. I have a coffee first think in the morning and as the kettle boiled water cools down a lot after my coffee, I just add water from the kettle to the oats and protein powder. Good, quick easy-to-make breakfast.

eerie_reverie

Just got back from an 11 mile run. Feel alright except my fingers are frozen, feet are blistered, and lower back feels like it's ready to give out.

I'm concerned about the 3rd.

Also cracked and got McDonalds on the way home. Didnt feel like cooking and my usual "healthy" takeout places were closed.

eerie_reverie
Eevie - you have misunderstood what I said; I bake MY OWN chips, and they are sweet potato. I bake them in olive oil. They make a solid 400 calorie meal if I use 1 tbsp olive oil.

Oh, ok. Sounds yummy! Would you mind sharing the recipe?

I still think you need more protein at lunch.

Are you the same green that had the frog as his avatar? Why is your new avatar of another member of this site? Is she your g.f in real life or something:S?

Yeah it's still me, I did a lot of walking yesterday and today for Halloween related activiteis. what does :S mean haha

loverofloveandstuff
Yeah it's still me, I did a lot of walking yesterday and today for Halloween related activiteis. what does :S mean haha

it's a confused emoticon (on msn).

it's a confused emoticon (on msn).

ah, ironic that it confused me... so lets see if you can go 2/2 on the questions... can you explain why my avatar is the way it is?

• Author

STEVE - THanks for your suggestion, but I do not feel that I would add any benifit into my diet by the addition of powders. I eat 15% of my calories from protein; I have a palm sized portion of protein each day.

That is a good idea to add to cottage cheese to flavour! I used to buy this organic cottage cheese back when I lived in Hobart, You can eat so much of it because half a cup is still low in calories!

I do not eat cottage cheese anymore, as I prefer goats or sheep fetta OR this other type of goats cheese I have discovered.

Although, I do use pure cacoa powder to sweeten 2 tablespoons of almond butter, and I also add a pinch of honey to it. I would hypothetically do the same to cottage cheese if I ate it.

EVVIE - I do not believe every one needs protein with every meal; I think you need a certain amount of protein each day, and that it is not matter HOW you get the protein.

I food combine most of the time - I do not believe it is optimal to digest carbs and heavy proteins. I eat my carbs alone, and proteins with green, non startchy veggies.

LEANDRO - well done on the weight loss! I am happy to hear you are going to go back to the gym and regularly exercise, and hopefully lose more weight!

GREEN - for some weird reason, your avatar pic, is a green picture of what another poster had as THEIR avatar pic. LOL! My computer that I am using right now recently underwent repairs and is a little dodgy, hence your weird avatar pic! It is just my computer being weird.

ME: I have AVOIDED RAW CHOCOLATE AND SNACK FOODS, and I woke up in the morning weighing 53 KILOS!!!! yay!!!

Once I eat dinner, I will be at about 1600 calories TOPS, although I am OVER estimating to be safe! it is more like 1550 calories for the day.

AND I did my 1 hour DVD.

It is raining here, but should I go for a walk? I love walking in the rain, although I am scared of lightening.

My skin is basically free of blemishes, and so long as I am good with food and go all " pure" again, clear skin will over ride my intense ANOYYANCE towards my slightly infected left ear lobe.

Sorry, but I have small and lovely ears, and I HATE how my left ear lobe is slightly bigger than my right onw, after the bad infection :(:(:(:(

loverofloveandstuff

Don't worry about the ear thing Leigh. Just wear your hair down until it goes back to normal and nobody will know the difference.

Green - because you like the girl in your DP and you are territorial over her, thus greenizing her with your greeness. Amirite?

Went to the gym today. Made two new friends who helped spot me on the bench press and I did the same for them.

I did 5 sets on the bench, can't really remember how many reps I did, I think I did as many as I could each one. The last set I was able to do 4 reps of 195lbs, and with the help of the spotters, I was able to squeeze out 4 more.

This is the first time I actually had spotters, before today I could only bench press 135lbs because I didn't want to do to much and the thing fall on me.

They motivated me a lot and said I have great potential and that I have the body for it. :)

I also did 5 sets of 5 with 390lbs on the leg press. I'm happy I did that, I need to work on my legs cause that is where most of the fat is stored and they are weak too.

My whole body is sore already and I just got back from the gym.

Tomorrow I'm going to try and get some cardio done, even if its just walking around the block for 30mins.

• Author

Leandro - well done, that is awsome that you made some workout buddies.

And your enthusiasm to do the cardio tomorrow make sit sound as though you are in this for the long haul, you sound like you enjoy being healthier.

My goal is to actually find a running buddy! I was inspired when I stopped running, and a blonde lady next to me said " darn, you were giving my momentum"

I want to ask her, or another runner who I happen to strike up a conversation with, to be a running partner.

Do you think it would be cool if I said " I have only recently started running, and I was wondering if we perhaps meet some times to do our runs together? It will motivate me more if Iarrange to meet you,and am able to have some one to do it with"

FOOD: hahaaa I had to have some raw, pure chocolate today. It really peps me up and I needed it, but I am still within calories, and I am having a low fat, clean dinner to make up for it. Besids, I did run, walk, and I am going to a pilates class later.

YESTERDAYS FOOD:

Midnight snack: almond butter

BREAKKIE: 2 organic apples

LUNCH: massive bowl of sweet potato french fries, thickly cut, dipped ins alt free tomato paste

SNACK: hand ful of organic dried figs

DINNER: 2 small boiled eggs w/ organic baby spinach leaves, w/ a little organic balsamic dressing ( pure, only the grapes in it!)

I feel GREAT after my run:) I have decided. I am going to be a runner. Nothing will stop me, besids injury.

I am also going to continue consuming raw chocolate regularl, because it acts like an anti depressant; as does running.

I do not need chemical aids for my depressive episodes, however, running, and also eating my pure, sugar free raw chocolate, both really help me at times.

WHile still on my high, I am out of here.

Keep up the good work p eople, please share your progress!

I cannot wait until I can come on here and say " I have run for 45 minutes straight, at a speed of 11 kilometres per hour".

Do you know WHY? because ONCE I CAN DO THAT, I will feel SO GOOD ABOUT what my body can do, that I WILL NOT CARE WHAT THE SILLY body builder at the gym thinks of me hahaha!

The idea of achieving new levels of fitness with your body, is that you feel more satisfied with your body, because it can do things. I am sure I will be less perturbed about my weight at that point.

Although I will always loath my body type, I can still learn to feel good about myself and my body as a whole.

YESTERDAYS FOOD:

Midnight snack: almond butter 100 calories

BREAKKIE: 2 organic apples 140 calories - not enough for the most important meal of the day!

LUNCH: massive bowl of sweet potato french fries, thickly cut, dipped ins alt free tomato paste 400 calories per your earlier post, but taht's gonna be a TON of sweet potato fries to even get up that high

SNACK: hand ful of organic dried figs 100 calories

DINNER: 2 small boiled eggs w/ organic baby spinach leaves, w/ a little organic balsamic dressing ( pure, only the grapes in it!) 150 calories (eggs) + 100 calories (dressing plus spinach leaves)

990 calories for the entire day. You are NOT eating enough. You are almost starving yourself.

• Author

Eevie - here is the recipe for my sweet potato, thick cut chips. TRY THEM seriously!!!!

1 - buy a variety of sweet potatos ( in AUS, I can find white and purple skinned ones, in addition to the usual orange ones)

2 - peal potato's, then slice them length ways in half. Place the halves flat, so the curved part is facing up and the flat part is on the cutting board. Cut length ways, and cut a serious of chip shapes.

3 - coat a baking dish with desired amount of olive oil. I manipulate, in accordance to how many calories I need; at times I add NO OIL when I cannot afford the calories, but normally 1/2 - I add 1 tablespoon for myself.

4 -Move dish around so that oil coats all of the bottom

5 - place sweet potato chips, prefreably leave enough room to allow each chip its own space

6 - sprinkle with mixed herbs - MAKE SURE you find a brand of mixed herbs, that ONLY contains mixed herbs! some breands add fillers, and insulting excuses for food.

alternatively, in place of mixed herbs, plain basil and paprika together go well with the ORANGE type of sweet potato.

7 - bake for about 25 - 30 mins each side ( turn potato 20 - 30 mins in, then cook for same amount of time on other side).

8 - ensure you cook sweet potatos until they caramalize and a few air bubbles are form; also make sure they are browned a little on top.

The good news is, if you wai tuntil sweet potatos caramalize, they are so sweet and tasty, that you barley NEED any oil for flavour - nto that oil is bad, but it can add a lot of calories, which is a hindrance if you are on a low calorie diet.

• Author
990 calories for the entire day. You are NOT eating enough. You are almost starving yourself.

Thanks for bothering to express your concern - but ... unfortunately, I have a high tolerance for fat, due to my binge eating in the past, and.. I actually eat up to 4 tabple spoons of almond butter per serve!!

And I have tried a raw vegan diet, which is very hardcore, and I can tolerate HUGE, epic volumes of raw fruit and vegetables; following the raw vegan diet for a year has given me the capacity to eat.. wait for it..... 400 GRAMS of sweet potato in ont sitting. Easily.

It may be strange to normal people, but I food combine, and eat carbs alone, and my history with trying different diets out, the latest being a raw vegan diet, has allowed me to be able to eat HUUUUGE amounts of sweet potato without feeling full.

STAR - I literally log all my callories, and I NEVER under eat - I am very adamant of this, I have never under eating in 4 years.

I have never eaten under 1500 calories for 4 years now. I am very averse to restriction, and I cannot go without food, fast, or restrict in any way shape or form. I justc annot do it .

trust me, I have tried to restrict, and fortunately, I have never been able to do this. Not once in 4 years.

I do eat a little differently to most people, because i do not combine protein or carbs, and I food combine in a way that I see fit, and that works for me, based on years of experimenting and researching.

Because I eat differently, many people ASSUME that I cannot get sufficient calories from WHAT I eat; however, the fact is, one tabplespoon of olive oil, and 250 grams of sweet potato's, is 400 or more calories e asily.

Because I eat differently, many people ASSUME that I cannot get sufficient calories from WHAT I eat; however, the fact is, one tabplespoon of olive oil, and 250 grams of sweet potato's, is 400 or more calories e asily.

Hence why I put down 400 calories in my count for your calories.

You're still at 990 for the entire day, even with a sh*t ton of sweet potatoes at 400 calories.

• Author
Hence why I put down 400 calories in my count for your calories.

You're still at 990 for the entire day, even with a sh*t ton of sweet potatoes at 400 calories.

I weighed and measured everything that I ate. I ate 1600 ish.

Look - I have not eaten under 1600 in years, you do not seam to understand that I am UNABLE to eat UNDER 1500. I simply cannot do it.

Look, pleaase respect the fact that I HAVE counted my calories almost daily, by weighing my food, and literally adding every single thing up, throughout the past 4 years; and I have never under eaten.

I literally weigh everything I eat lately - because I want to know exactly how many calories I consume. I use calorie king Australia.

To give you an idea -

I have accidently eaten about 650 cals worth of almond butter ( LOL - I thought it was 2 serves, but it was in fact about 4 serves!)

Then I ate the 400 ish cal lunch

That is slightly over 1000.

Then, the apples I had for breakie ( 150 calories as they were large apples), and the large hand ful of dried figs I ate ( 250 cals at least).

I then had the boiled eggs w/ dressing for dinner. I ensured that my calorie intake after the sweet potato amoounted to about 500 cals.

boiled eggs, plus a large serving of dried figs and the apples easily = about 500 ish.

Trust me, Star. I know what I am talking about, because I have weighed and monitord my calories over the past few years. I have a good understanding of what I can and cannot tolerate.

I am a little annoyed that you are undermining my years of carefully tracking my calories. And by the way, the reason I do it, is to ensure I eat enough; because I take my recovery of my eating disorder seriously, and although I am mentally still not right with my body, I AT LEAST have taken charge, and made sure that i eat enough.

I have taken great care to makr sure that I eat enough, and I have done so for four years, every single day, so please do not undermine my hard work.

I am open to constructive advice, however, you are basically saying that I do not know how to count calories properly ( even though I weigh and add my food into a calorie calculator).

eerie_reverie

Dragged myself outside today to run 3 miles. Even though I was drunk and had eaten 16 chicken wings for dinner and it was 40 degrees and windy.

Speaking of drinking, I wonder how detrimental it is to drink a couple of beers every night. Like with dinner or whatever. I really like beer. Is that bad?

eerie_reverie

I was just going to complain that I am a freaking legit long-distance runner, so why don't I look like it, when I realized, it's probably all the beer.

Oh well I can't give up beer.

I was just going to complain that I am a freaking legit long-distance runner, so why don't I look like it, when I realized, it's probably all the beer.

Oh well I can't give up beer.

A lot of the girls I know who run a lot arn't that thin and often have a bit of a belly... not that I'm claiming this is statisticly true but just something I noticed.