Share your progress !

I tend to advocate heavier resistance training for reasons I have already stated in this thread. But as far as I can see, OP seems to have a pretty good handle on what works best for her, regardless of how she may or may not feel about her body. I think OP has clearly articulated that she can see room for improvements with her body, and aspects she doesn't like. Many can identify with that. OP is also currently getting help, as I understand, for her issues and she may well be trying to assess herself objectively. She's mentioned she has good eating habits and from what I've read, I'm impressed with her overall knowledge about diet. Few people have that level of knowledge in the PT industry and I think she can use her experiences, good and bad, to help others. :)

Yeah, sorry, she has been stressing about losing 2-5 lbs for months now... 2-5 lbs even though her she is physically fit and healthy... even though anyone else who sees her would say she has a beautiful body... even though no one would notice a loss of 2-5 lbs... but to Leigh those 2-5 lbs have got to go!

That is not someone who is proud of her body. That is someone who is obsessing about her weight in the most unhealthy of ways.

I disagree and say she is proud of her body and comes on here because she just wants to talk and enjoys writing a lot. Also she is just trying to be the best version of herself she can be which is admirable.

Have you read any of her OBSESSIVE threads about her body? Honestly, this is one of the funniest posts you've ever made.

I don't need any extra self-confidence, Green. And my pictures are already up. :p

Well I don't see them

That's because they're not for everyone to see. Only my contacts. :)

Well she is going to put hers up for every one and thats more confident. but seriously maybe you are both confident, putting her down is only unconfident.

Well she is going to put hers up for every one and thats more confident. but seriously maybe you are both confident, putting her down is only unconfident.

It's called a desire for PRIVACY, not a lack of confidence.

I have not said one single negative thing about her appearance or her body.

And until she actually puts up pictures, she's all talk. ;)

It's called a desire for PRIVACY, not a lack of confidence.

I have not said one single negative thing about her appearance or her body.

And until she actually puts up pictures, she's all talk. ;)

even talking about putting up pictures is pretty confident. Anyways the truth is she has big progress to share every week. She was 120 when she started posting here and is now almost at her goal of 112 pretty amazing if you ask me. She gained the weight to face her fear and wow she did it how brave. Whats your fear star?

I think you're being facetious and simply trying to start a fight with me, but I'll bite.

Whats your fear star?

Taking too long (in my opinion) to complete the Filthy Fifty at CrossFit. Or hurting my knee on a black diamond and having to be taken down the mountain by snow patrol. Or slamming face first into the water wakeboarding going 35mph. That sorta thing. That's what I fear. Not the scale. :)

Citizen Erased
even talking about putting up pictures is pretty confident. Anyways the truth is she has big progress to share every week. She was 120 when she started posting here and is now almost at her goal of 112 pretty amazing if you ask me. She gained the weight to face her fear and wow she did it how brave. Whats your fear star?

I'm afraid of clowns. :(

Can I share my progress of dealing with this fear on here?

I'm afraid of clowns. :(

Can I share my progress of dealing with this fear on here?

well if you read the OP you should feel free to share your goals and how you plan on acieving them. Why not buy a clown doll and put it in your room and see if you can fall asleep at night. that would be a start right.

• Author

STAR - noo don't leave my threads! I was only defensive because, first of all, you acted like I was one of those unfit women who cannot really do much with their bodies, and are simply thin without being fit.

the other thing that annoyed me, was that you stated that heavy weights COULD be ideal for me, if i tried them. What i want YOU to know, is that despite my f*cked up image of my body, I DO have a decent knowledge of what does and what doesn't look good on me.

I have never lifted VERY heavy weights consistently, however, I have been all muscle and no fat before; I did body pump 3 times a week, when i was 110 lbs, and I was ALL muscle, with NO fat, and being very solid and hard with NO womenly fleshy bits did NOT suit me.

I do not like the concept of lifting very heavy weights, and developing me back, shoulders or arms; I have long, balerina type arms, and do nto wish to change their shape through heavy weights.

Anyways the truth is she has big progress to share every week. She was 120 when she started posting here and is now almost at her goal of 112 pretty amazing if you ask me.

BTW...not that it matters, but she's 116.5, not 112. That means she's lost 3.5 pounds in 7 weeks since she first posted her weight and her workout program. Wow. BIG progress. HUGE. Ginormous! That deserves an award!!!

Citizen Erased

No clown doll, Green. I wouldn't sleep.

I'm with you on that Leigh, I can't do weights because the joints in my hands and wrists are weak. So I started swimming, everyone suggested it and I love it anyway so I did. Until I realised I was getting swimmer's shoulders. NOT attractive at all on me.

• Author

STAR - Hey, that is a little nasty of you! The fact I have lost ANY weight is STILL something for me to be PROUD of! Shame on u lol, just cos I have not lost a LOT, that does NOT mean that it is a nice thing to put me down, by mocking the fact that I have not lost a lot.

My body type does not allow me to lose past my current weight easily, because 112 lbs is the lowest I can go on my body type, whilst still being healthy, and not " too thin" looking.

And I do still like my body shape... I am what I am, and I have embraced my body and my facial features. I really do like how I look, however, I like how I look more even I am thinner.

Liking the way I look when I am thinner does not mean I HATE my body now......

And another reason I cling to desperately too the desire to be thin, is that I have not developed myself as a person enough yet, for me to have enough fulfillment in my life; until I start building a better life for myself outside of my body, I will always fall back on the tendency to need to feel thinner ( to compensate for my other shortcommings and lack off... joy.)

Thanks for telling Green the truth. :)

yeah good job quoting her out of context when she went on to say that she knows what she is doing and is knowledgable in that same breath.

I'm with you on that Leigh, I can't do weights because the joints in my hands and wrists are weak. So I started swimming, everyone suggested it and I love it anyway so I did. Until I realised I was getting swimmer's shoulders. NOT attractive at all on me.

Well cmon what are you going to do to get over your fear of clowns. Seriously the man you've fallen in love with is quite a clown. Didn't he have a clown avatar up for a good long while (joker from "dark knight")

STAR - noo don't leave my threads! I was only defensive because, first of all, you acted like I was one of those unfit women who cannot really do much with their bodies, and are simply thin without being fit.

I did not act like that. You said I was more fit than you. I agreed.

the other thing that annoyed me, was that you stated that heavy weights COULD be ideal for me, if i tried them.

I never said that.

You put words in my mouth and become defensive and lash out. It's quite off-putting.

What i want YOU to know, is that despite my f*cked up image of my body, I DO have a decent knowledge of what does and what doesn't look good on me.

I disagree. Given your self-proclaimed "f*cked up image of your body," you cannot possibly know what does and doesn't look good on your body. Why? Because as you said, your image of your body is f*cked up. You obsess over 4 pounds.

Are you ever going to answer my questions? Have you been evaluated for BDD?

STAR - Hey, that is a little nasty of you! The fact I have lost ANY weight is STILL something for me to be PROUD of! Shame on u lol, just cos I have not lost a LOT, that does NOT mean that it is a nice thing to put me down, by mocking the fact that I have not lost a lot.

My body type does not allow me to lose past my current weight easily, because 112 lbs is the lowest I can go on my body type, whilst still being healthy, and not " too thin" looking.

And I do still like my body shape... I am what I am, and I have embraced my body and my facial features. I really do like how I look, however, I like how I look more even I am thinner.

Liking the way I look when I am thinner does not mean I HATE my body now......

Don't let her get to you. A lot of the women on this site weigh over 140 and don't think its a big deal to louse 5lbs. They don't understand what its like to be slender.

Don't let peoples negativity effect you as you have been a posotive influence for all.

Do you not understand sarcasm, or understand who I was talking to? It wasn't you. I was commenting on GREEN's post because he was putting ME down.

And another reason I cling to desperately too the desire to be thin, is that I have not developed myself as a person enough yet, for me to have enough fulfillment in my life; until I start building a better life for myself outside of my body, I will always fall back on the tendency to need to feel thinner ( to compensate for my other shortcommings and lack off... joy.)

Yep. That sounds like confidence to me... :rolleyes:

I'm out of here. Good luck, Leigh.

I'm not sugesting anything other then you minimized her progress and that if you don't think 5lbs is a big deal on some one her height and weight maybe you are referencing other body weights and heights.

• Author

I think that being active in general ( walking when possible instead of driving, walking daily to places, and finding a variety of ways to work out, be it running occasionally, dancing, or doing group fitness classes) is enough to make your arms and shoulders look .. in a firm and healthy state.

I think that women who have naturally long or slender shaped arms, can attain an ideal look by just being active and healthy. Personally, I do not find defined arms or shoulders attractive on women. fit and healthy yes - but I think that is a look that is attained through being active, and not necessarily lifting weights.

On the other hand, some women love getting definition in their bck and shoulders, and more power to them. I am not one of those women, I hate the notion of myself getting definition in those areas of my body, and like how I am now.

I am at the lower end of what is healthy for my body type; 110 is the BARE minimum for me, so I am only a fraction above that; at this weight on me, I would need to actually gAIN weight to get definition in my shoulders, back, and arms.

By doing low resistance types of activities, I feel that women like me, who are on the slender side ( although not emaciated), can get " firm" and " fit" looking arms and shoulders, WITHOUT the need to define them further.

I love my arms:) There you go. I do like parts of my body, like any one does! I have my good parts I like, and areas I do not love.

For me, I have really long arms, and long slim fingers, which I think looks gracefull and I love them. I may not be as thin as I was when I had what I considered my ideal body, however, I still like the shape of certain body parts.

I'm not sugesting anything other then you minimized her progress and that if you don't think 5lbs is a big deal on some one her height and weight maybe you are referencing other body weights and heights.

You attacked me, Green. I really have nothing more to say to you, ever. Hope Leigh finds all the support she needs from you.

You attacked me, Green. I really have nothing more to say to you, ever. Hope Leigh finds all the support she needs from you.

No one attacked you especialy me except yourself. All you do is put Leigh down and minimize her progress. No one put you down when you talked about your progress so why not show the same respect.

• Author

STAR - Your an intelligent and attractive women ( I have seen her pics, she is VERY attractive!) so please stick around in my threads and come post in them, I need people like you to interact with.

I have had no friends really or people around me, which is essential in order for me to develope as a person, and I am trying to put myself out there on the internet, so that I can at least hear what is being said by people from all walks of life.

I am seeing a therapist, and to get myself right it is hard work, and I am trying hard so give me a break please. I AM doing something about my body image issues.

What I stated earlier does not indicate that I DISLIKE my body; I just have the tendency to want to be thinner, for a myriad of reasons. It does not mean I " hate" the way that I look.

I actually like my body shape, and there are many features about myself that I LIKE. So please dont say that I HATE my WHOLE body, cos I do like aspects of it, and lastly, i do not think I am by any means FAT, I simply think I look better thinner.

Citizen Erased
Don't let her get to you. A lot of the women on this site weigh over 140 and don't think its a big deal to louse 5lbs. They don't understand what its like to be slender.

Don't let peoples negativity effect you as you have been a posotive influence for all.

As someone that weighs approximately 4 pounds more than Leigh, I have to respectfully disagree. ;)

From what I understand, she is still getting help for an eating disorder. I admire her, as I would anyone, that has been that strong, to get help for something so horrible. She herself has stated that her attitude to body image is something she needs to work on.

Is a good step in the right direction. How she is now physically is fine, healthy and fit and how she should be, going by her description of herself. If she wants to lose a few more pounds to suit herself, cool.The thing that I think a lot of the people on here are responding to is if she will stop once she gets to the magical number of 112. I hope she does, I think she knows that going down the path she has before is not good.

You cannot disregard people that are genuinely concerned for her because they may be 25 pounds more than her. Some people are a bit too harsh on Leigh, but not everyone deals in giving support with a pat on the shoulder.