Share your progress !

• Author

Aww, but you still ran! The fact you plan to maintain your running is what counts. Given your committment so far, it is inevitable that you will make some more progress. Better still, you have learnt from this time, how to better manage your. next race, or marathon or which ever it is that you choose to do

Ran a 5K turkey trot on Thursday.

Crushed by my dismal performance. I finished in 26:12, which is almost 3 minutes over my PR... WTF?

My excuses are:

-I was freezing waiting almost an hour for the race because I'd accidentally spillt a bottle of water in my pants

-it was hilly, which concerns me because Austin, where I'll be running the marathon, is a hilly town, and I have never run hills

-I wasn't feeling "it" as my brother bailed on me so I didn't have anyone in mind I wanted to beat

I realized after the race that my Ipod sports thing which is supposed to measure miles is not calibrated correctly, which also sucks as I'd been relying it to measure mileage for my long runs. It's about .05 miles short for each mile.

I feel like a fraud calling myself a runner, but hopefully, the feeling will pass.

• Author

Well every one, I just had the most HEALTHY dinner!

A large glass of red wine ( merlot, an Australian brand) with some very expensive french goats cheese ( YES STAR it IS like brie - even though it is made from goats milk!!! it looks like brie, with the mould and all?)

I had not weighed myself on my home scales for one week, because I gave them to my therapist.

So I had my appointment today with therapist, and got my scales back.

I weighed myself and.............................. I was 51.4 kilos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I had eaten way more than usual - I had not ben counting calories, but had eaten at night, and eaten more at one or two occasions than I would have liked to have eaten.

I was fully expecting the dressed weight gain. But it turns out .... I had indeeed lost a teensy bit?

So I opened a bottle of red wine, even though I have no friends in my new town, and drunk thw wine with the expensive french goats cheese.

GOALS:

Stop night eating. Back when I losdt weight, I would make sure I had a snack at nidnight, cos I am a night person ( an insomniac), and to lose the weight I needed a slight defifit - so I would need a midnight small snack due to the lacjk of caloriees the previous day.

So now that LIKE my weight and have no intention of losing, I can eat maintenance, and stop eatihe snack at midnight.

The snack at midnight did work though! I manipulated it so that I would eat less than I needed - to lose that last 3 lbs - and I cannot sleep well in the best of times - and on a hungry stomach, I was paranoid I would not sleep well, so I would eat w eight loss amount, and then eat a small snack at about 12 ish - so that I would t hen sleep, despite my calorie deficit.

Now I need to get out of my night eating cycle.

RUnning at a speed of 12 kilometres per hour ( Australian measurements CANNOT be f*cked converting for the blooody states), for 10 mins every day for one week.

I started runing one month or so ago, and want to be able to run FASTer, so that once su start studing, I am able to get my running over with FASTER, fur to runing at a HIGHER speed, and for a SHORTER amount of time.

I suck at runnikng, but I am going to keep going as many days as I can. I feel happy at how I do nort give up:)

Sorrya bout my lack of spellong, but I am a little tipsy and really do nto care.

For once, I am going to just be satisfied my weight and body. I cannot believe I wasted the past years being hard on my body, whenh I should just be so thankful, and set fitness goals, so that I achieve them and feel good about myself.

well I went back to weight watchers and lost 4lbs this week. 5 more to go and I am back to my wedding weight.

so total loss 15 pounds so far. and I would like to take off 15-20 more.

eerie_reverie

I've been sick since Thanksgiving, nasty upper respiratory virus that isn't getting any better because I haven't been treating my body very nicely. I drink too much.

I plan to run tomorrow morning. With a running group. I hope I make it out there.

Had another relaxing training today, yes relaxing. I find heavy weight training relaxes me. As an introvert I find people exhaust me and today was no exception.

Training was back and bis. Seated pulley rows and pulldowns working up to 125 kgs and 75 kgs respectively for 10 good reps each. Followed up by deadlifts working up to 200kgs for 6 slow controlled reps. Curls up to 60kgs for 10 reps followed by preacher curls that left my arms pumped hard. Felt good and relaxed and happy.

Then went next door to the *new* sister gym of the one I attend, to have a look around, at the beckoning of a gym staff trying to get people to have a look on its official opening day. Ran into a girl I like who works at the gym on occasion (whom I recently befriended on facebook but she didn't reply to my purely platonic message). Said hi to her and she returned the nicety and then, while I was talking to a guy who was showing people the new gym, she walked off with her friend. So I have now, after two years of what was previously flirting with her, resolved that this will never go anywhere.

Kind of feel like this has upset me and negated the good feeling I gots from my training. :(

eerie_reverie

I haven't run since Thanksgiving. I am scared to go out there and realize I have lost a lot of endurance already.

The weird thing is, this entire week and a half, I have been losing weight like crazy, even though I have not changed my diet at all since when I was running. What's going on?

• 1 month later...