Share your progress !

My sis and her husband visited this weekend. They're both health fanatics to the extreme. Yesterday morning I told them my endurance wasn't up to their 5 mile jog so we decided to head to our local high schools track and do sprints.

I'm no sure why but I haven't bothered to do any sprints since I started getting fit - just jogging. All I can say is WOW at the muscles I have apparently NOT been using. So sore today :) Everywhere in my legs and kind of strangely - in my back. Even my abs are a little sore. I think I'll start working in a day of sprints each week now. I'm also surprised at how fast I can still sprint. My gps runkeeper iPhone app thing said I averaged 10mph on my best sprint

And down to 167 now, from 200 lbs! Goal of somewhere between 160-165

Edited by bobdole

I used to be able to squat 245. Don't fall off a ladder. It been a frustrating recovery.

Bench 275

Squat 175 (ugg) like to get back to 245 within 12 months.

DL 255 injury limited. Don't do these enough.

Like to get my 10K time under 50 minutes.

GF

Bench 115

Squat 245

DL 205 (grip limited)

loverofloveandstuff

I'm no sure why but I haven't bothered to do any sprints since I started getting fit - just jogging. All I can say is WOW at the muscles I have apparently NOT been using. So sore today :) Everywhere in my legs and kind of strangely - in my back. Even my abs are a little sore.

Ahh... There is always glory that comes with the next day's pain after a good work out. It makes me feel as if I've really done something positive for my body! Good work. :)

• Author

I ran for about 30 minutes, at 10 kph, folr the first time in a couple of years!

I even ran at 12 kph for a minute.....

And I did a pilates DVd.

And I walked to the gym and back again, and back to the gym ( only 7 min walk each way but I hate driving when things are so close)

I am 116.5 ish lbs still. Nothings changed. Perhaps I should maintain on the normal caloric intake, and if I do not lose weight whilst eating the recommendations, PLUS ADDITIONAL exercise, I should NOT aim to lose weight.

Basically, if I cannot lose weight when I am; eating the recommendations, pus burning 500 ADDITIONAL calories, then my body is obviously not supposed to lose weight.

I have been able to MAINTAIN lower weights in the past through eating the recommendations. It is just GETTING to 114 lbs that I am wondering about.

but regardless of what happens with my weight, I am sure I will look and feel better if I run 2 - 4 days a week, in addition to other gym classes and variety.

loverofloveandstuff
I ran for about 30 minutes, at 10 kph, folr the first time in a couple of years!

Wow. You ran 5km in 30 minutes! I am impressed.

Goes to show how unfit I am. :rolleyes: You guys motivate me.

@Leigh: when I don't lose weight when I know I should have due to caloric deficit - I figure it is one of four things.

1. I under estimated my caloric intake

2. I over estimated my calories burned

3. I weighed at a time of weight fluctuation(water)

4. I gained muscle mass

If you take in less calories than you burn - you WILL lose weight. There are just a few things that can throw you off

I just started sprinting this morning. I went 20 minutes. I would sprint as fast as I could until I couldn't push anymore and then I would walk till I felt I was ready to go at it again. I did that five time within the 20 minutes. When I finished I felt very tired, breathing weird, felt like I was going to throw up. I could feel my heart working pretty hard. Went home and laid down but didn't fall asleep. Is that normal to feel after sprinting?

That happened to me the first time I jogged for over a mile without stopping when I was used to alternating jogging and walking about 200yds each.

I think its just your body's way of saying "HOLY SH*T DUDE! SLOW DOWN! I AINT USED TO THIS YET!". Seriously - I think its just a sign you over exerted yourself a bit to much. If you keep at it your body will adapt more and more and be able to handle it better.

Another thing - Did you eat anything before you did that? That has made me sick in an intense workout before.

That happened to me the first time I jogged for over a mile without stopping when I was used to alternating jogging and walking about 200yds each.

I think its just your body's way of saying "HOLY SH*T DUDE! SLOW DOWN! I AINT USED TO THIS YET!". Seriously - I think its just a sign you over exerted yourself a bit to much. If you keep at it your body will adapt more and more and be able to handle it better.

Another thing - Did you eat anything before you did that? That has made me sick in an intense workout before.

No I didn't. I did it early this morning. I'm fine now though.

Went to walmart today and got a 30lb bag of kitty litter. I was lugging it up my apartment stairs when it hit me - I used to essentially carry around a 30lb bag of kitty litter with me every where I went!

Amazes me...

My mad elliptical skills are up to 30min on level 7(of10) varying about half and half between 65rpms and 85rpms. RPMs vary wildly based on what song is playing on my shuffle :) Bought a heart rate monitor for curiosity's sake: HR likes to sit at 138 for 65rpms and around 150'ish at 85rpms and a max of 162 at some point when I didn't notice.

Strength training wise I started wondering if I was getting enough protein. I did some numbers and it came out to about 60g/day average. So I got some protein powder and upped my chicken/eggs/fish in my daily intake. Trying to shoot for at least 100g/day, bit even that still seems a bit hard. I'm just not really that hungry any more...

/badlyformattedpostoff

On Tuesday, I deadlifted 155. I was happy with that until the gal right next to me (a tiny little chick who's 5'2'') deadlifted 265. :eek: I'm too competitive for my own good.

I'm not a runner. Really. I'm more of a...jogger. I ran through the 6th-9th innings of the Giants game last night on the treadmill. I didn't even notice.

Then tonight, I survived a pretty difficult workout at CrossFit. I thought I might die when I saw what was written up on the whiteboard, but low and behold, I made it through. Honestly wasn't that bad.

I'd say I'm making progress.

• Author

Well done, STAR! Personally, I hate lifting the VERY, VERY heavy weights, not because I am frail, weak, unflit, or lazy, but because with my body type, I simly do not like how it gets with heavy weights.

I hate feeling too muscular, it really is not for me. SOme women look great when they lift very heavy weights, and they are SUPER firm, with SUPER low body fat. But I honestly feel too masculine!

Also, I have a sort of unusual face, with strong features, so it suits me more to be a little more feminine than some of those super firm cross fit women!

I hope people realize that what is one pesons ideal body and goals, are not the same for every one; I an averse to heavy weights, whilst other women do well on them. it is not MY goal to loft very heavy weighs, and get that type of body.

on ME: I am not loosing weight really, even though I execising enough to loose a little....... stuck on 117 darn it. SO I am setting other goals that make me feel good, and shift the focus away from my weight and eating disorder;

I have run about half hour, at a speek of 10 kilometers per hour ( I am in AUS, that is the speed we use go convert it, cos some ppl had a go at me once before for putting that I ran at a speed of 10 kph)

So I am aiming to;

- keep doing Tracey Andersons matt workout about 4 days per week, cos it gives my body a nice shape, like a dancers body

- Run 2 - 3 days per week for half an hour at 10 kph, and ramp it up to 12 kph the following week

- To do the gym " balance" and " Pilates" classes, cos it gets me out of the house at least, and they r low impact, stretching type and core type things, so they r not too much in addition to the rest of the eexercises I do.

So far, it looks like what works for ME is; doing a variety of different Pilates and yoga type things ( although not too deep into one type of yoga or Pilate sstyle, more a mix of various types)

and also; Traceys DVD most nights, and also the running is new thing I enjoy ( to music only - it is like therapy to run whilst listening to my songs).

As you guys can see, to reach my goals, I tend to do better with lower weights, but higher rep stuff.

I simply prefer to be a bit more womenly and fleshy, but still firm around the midsection and areas that count!

I have long, slim arms, so do not need to do heavy lifting with them; I do a standing arm workout with Tracey Andersons DVD; it really gives me GREAT arms, I love my arms haha).

Well done, STAR! Personally, I hate lifting the VERY, VERY heavy weights, not because I am frail, weak, unflit, or lazy, but because with my body type, I simly do not like how it gets with heavy weights.

That's a myth, Leigh. Very few women can bulk up without resorting to steroid use. But a 155 deadlift really isn't heavy to begin with.

The girl who deadlifted 265 doesn't even have muscles showing until she lifts and engages her muscles. She's tiny. Even her thighs are tiny.

You can be very, very strong and still be thin. Look here: http://practicalpaleolithic.com/paleolithic-diet-blog/my-perspective-on-what-strong-is-the-new-skinny-means

• Author
That's a myth, Leigh. Very few women can bulk up without resorting to steroid use. But a 155 deadlift really isn't heavy to begin with.

The girl who deadlifted 265 doesn't even have muscles showing until she lifts and engages her muscles. She's tiny. Even her thighs are tiny.

You can be very, very strong and still be thin. Look here: http://practicalpaleolithic.com/paleolithic-diet-blog/my-perspective-on-what-strong-is-the-new-skinny-means

Agh, your not HEARING me, star; I DO NOT LIKE HOW MY BODY LOOKS when I lift very heavy weights; I do NOT LIKE being that firm and fit. It makes me feel masculine. I do not like my body when I look that way. I prefer to have a different sort of " fit" body. The type of women who runs for half an hour a few days a week, does Pilates, and walks a lot when she can. I have a capable body, that looks fit and healthy.

The way my body type looks if I were to lift the same gigantic weights as the girls in crossfit r doing, IS NOT HOW I LIKE MY BODY LOOKING.

Can you please just believe me what i say that I KNOW what I WANT for my own body?

Being that fit suits some women, but for me, I tend to look too masculine. NOt in terms of SIZE, but just having a body that has too little fat looks bad on me.

Heavy weights are NOT the best way for ALL women to reach THEIR OWN personal goals. MY own body, looks best with the sort of stuff that i am currently doing.

Edited by Leigh 87
Agh, your not HEARING me, star; I DO NOT LIKE HOW MY BODY LOOKS when I loft very heavy weights;

I'm hearing you just fine, Leigh.

You don't like the way your body looks when you lift heavy weights (not that you ever have!!!), and you don't like the way your body looks when you don't.

You just don't like the way your body looks, despite the fact that for your height and weight and other shape descriptions, you're well above average.

Unfortunately, I just don't think anyone here can help you with your body and the way you see it.

• Author

I ran for about 30 minutes today at 10.2 kph. I wanted to stop half way through, but I kept going even though it was very hard.

I am not gaining weight which is good, for the amount I eat, combined with the calories I burn through exercise, I in theory, SHOULD be actually LOSING a little weight....

So it is worrying to think about eating maintenance WITHOUT exercising a lot?

Although in the past, earlier this year, I maintained 110 - 114 lbs through eating the same amount as I do now, without as much exercise.

• Author
I'm hearing you just fine, Leigh.

You don't like the way your body looks when you lift heavy weights (not that you ever have!!!), and you don't like the way your body looks when you don't.

You just don't like the way your body looks, despite the fact that for your height and weight and other shape descriptions, you're well above average.

Unfortunately, I just don't think anyone here can help you with your body and the way you see it.

Nah, you really NOT hearing me; I LIKE my body shape. I DO NOT want to become more firm, like the women who lift heavy weights.

I LIKE having a higher body fat % than the ultra fit crossfit girls OKAY!

STOP THINKG THAT HEAVY WEIGHTS will make my body in a state that I PREFER lol.

Heavy weights - a very firm body with very little body fat.

I DO NOT LIKE that type of look on ME. I look masculine when my body fat drops too low, and I have not enough fat.

I also would not feel comfortable lifting those huge weights, it just is not the type of exercise that I am comfortable with doing.

Stop telling me what is best for me I HATE that. I know my body well, and I simply do not like the ideaof standing there, lifting very heavy weights, because I prefer more natural forms of exercise.

I like to eat and work out in a way that i feel is more in tune with how women evolved; I do not think women would have stood there, and specifically targeted their muscles, in order to attain a certain shape!

I prefer running, walking, and Pilates and my Dance type DVD I do ( has dance moves and shapes your body like a dancer).

I like my body shape the way it is, thanks; I have NO desire to stand there and lift very heavy weights. Just because I like being slightly slimmer, it does not mean I do not like my body SHAPE. I like how I am, but I prefer a slightly smaller version.

Just accept that heavy weights is not the thing that will help all women attain what THEY see as their " ideal" body.

Nah, you really NOT hearing me; I LIKE my body shape.

I like my body shape the way it is, thanks

it does not mean I do not like my body SHAPE.

With all due respect, it reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally doesn't sound like you like your body from your plethora of threads. It sounds like you hate your body if it varies 5 ounces above your perceived ideal. I think every single poster here on LS (except for you) would agree with that assessment.

Have you ever been evaluated for BDD? Not just EDs, but BDD?

I like to eat and work out in a way that i feel is more in tune with how women evolved; I do not think women would have stood there, and specifically targeted their muscles, in order to attain a certain shape!

I don't workout or do CF to target particular muscles or to attain a certain shape. Do you know anything about functional exercise? It's about what your body can DO, not what it looks like. I suggested it as a method for you to gain confidence in your body and your fitness level, confidence which you do not have.

Beyond that, you really need to lose the defensive attitude. I'll stay away from your threads from now on, it's a waste of time.

she sounds pretty proud of her body to me. You Star often come off as insecure about your body.

I do? :laugh: And you think Leigh is proud of hers? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Okay, Green. Whatever you say. :rolleyes:

Citizen Erased
she sounds pretty proud of her body to me. You Star often come off as insecure about your body.

Green, you're encouraging someone with a very blatant eating disorder. Please stop, it's not helping. She has every right to be proud of her body, she sounds very healthy and fit, but she is NOT happy. Anybody else reading all of the threads she has created and the ramblings she goes on (usually in 2 or 3 successive posts) when talking about herself would never say that.

The OP needs help, Star doesn't.

I do? :laugh: And you think Leigh is proud of hers? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Okay, Green. Whatever you say. :rolleyes:

She sounds pretty proud of her body. And she always posts about how she wants to put pics up... thats almost a show off if you ask me...

You on the other hand... I wish I could just give you a little extra self confidence.

Green, you're encouraging someone with a very blatant eating disorder. Please stop, it's not helping. She has every right to be proud of her body, she sounds very healthy and fit, but she is NOT happy. Anybody else reading all of the threads she has created and the ramblings she goes on (usually in 2 or 3 successive posts) when talking about herself would never say that.

The OP needs help, Star doesn't.

She is one of the most entertaining posters on here and that is really what she is going for with her "ramblings" as you rudely call them.

Seriously you used to come on here and post about everything from "I think I may be pregnant" to what ever else and I loved it and aplauded you but never attacked your mind the way so many people try to put her down.

Yeah, sorry, she has been stressing about losing 2-5 lbs for months now... 2-5 lbs even though her she is physically fit and healthy... even though anyone else who sees her would say she has a beautiful body... even though no one would notice a loss of 2-5 lbs... but to Leigh those 2-5 lbs have got to go!

That is not someone who is proud of her body. That is someone who is obsessing about her weight in the most unhealthy of ways.

She sounds pretty proud of her body. And she always posts about how she wants to put pics up... thats almost a show off if you ask me...

You on the other hand... I wish I could just give you a little extra self confidence.

Have you read any of her OBSESSIVE threads about her body? Honestly, this is one of the funniest posts you've ever made.

I don't need any extra self-confidence, Green. And my pictures are already up. :p