Share your progress !

• Author

Lets get back to sharing our progress people:)

With my eating, I am still not quiet perfect, but I am at least more laid back than my obsessive days.

I really want to enhance my skin through my eating. My goal is to keep up with my running! 2 - 4 days per week, no less than half an hour, increasing the SPEED, but not the DISTANCE for the first month.

I am excited at the prospect of getting even more radiant skin, through adhering to a even cleaner diet ( not as much raw sugar free chocolate - hey it is notn unhealthy, but it is still not in accordance with our dietary evolution and hence we have not adapted to new foods well).

OH - lastly, STAR - I DO know what does and does not work well onmy body! Man, I have studied, researched, and worked my ASS of at the gym folr the past for years lol! I was over weight and unhealthy as a teen, and was able to start working out and turn that around, albiet the brief anorexia phase

So please do not undermine the level of knowledge I have about my diet, and personal fitness goals; I kno very well what weight and what execises and food make me look great, good, or a little off.

Wow if anyone assumes it is the guys who feed into womens' EDs, this thread would indicate otherwise. Geebus. :eek:

Have you read any of Green's threads? The DUDE? Apparently I'm obese, by his standards. It's a wonder that I don't have an ED/BDD given what I've read here...just by osmosis. :laugh:

Have you read any of Green's threads? The DUDE? Apparently I'm obese, by his standards. It's a wonder that I don't have an ED/BDD given what I've read here...just by osmosis. :laugh:

I never said you were obese. I just like women under a certain amount of weight. A slender body type.

• Author

Never say the word fat to a women. My dad told me ages ago, and I still recal the conversation I had with him; he said Leigh, never use the word fat when referring to people, it is not right".

As a teen, I was 145 at my ABSOLUTE HEAVIEST, at 5 ' 4 - 5 ' 5. On my body type, this is big. It is not big on other women, but it is large onmy frame size.

I was called fat. I remember meeting a group of young teenage guys once. They were typical, immature, and not very nice guys who loved seeking out hot girls.

I was pimply, I have unusual features, and was big for my bodytype and build. I met the guys, and they r like " so can u bring any hot friends"

They ditched me, and one called me and said " so are you going to put out for any of us or not?".

In the back ground, I heard one or more of the guys saying " haha your fat".

I was pimply, lazy, and physically unhealthy, and this was combined with he fact that I have the genetics to get bad skin very easily.

I actually worked very hard educating myself about nutrition ( I have studied various methods of eating, and tried them all out), and i joined a gym, and have found out HOW I need to eat, and WHAt sort or exercises I need to do regularly, to attain a body that i feel comfortable with.

I am not ONLY concerned with thinness. Given my history, I REALLY value the importance of being healthy, because I HATED , hated HATED having awful, painful spotty skin, and being just lethargic and... my body just was NOT functioning and I was depressed and just bleugh.

I really need to have clear skin and radiate health. SO all the goals I post on here, are geared towards helping my body function better in some way, which will in turn, improve my skin and hair ( my health on the inside will result in me looking better superficially).

I know I have come across as though I only care about being very thin, but I really derive a LOT of pleasure frm having great skin, and looking really healthy.

After knowing how awful it felt when my body was not functioning well due to poor diet and lack of exercise, it is really important for me to look healthy.

Nothing wrong with having something to hold on to and a few curves. :p

Goal: Run 26.2 miles

Deadline: Feb. 20, 2011.

:bunny::bunny::bunny:

If you start tomorrow and run a quarter mile a day, you will make it by your deadline with a few days to spare...good luck! :)

Helped a friend move last Sunday and realized Monday that there are definitely some muscles I haven't been working out.

Monday I researched and got a fairly comprehensive weekly workout routine - well as comprehensive as you can get with the apartment complex's all-in-one-gym that isn't quite "all". Started that today and did an extra 10 minutes on the elliptical. My heart rate monitor said I burned over 1000kcals in 45min of elliptical and 30min of weight lifting.

Down to 165lbs from 200. All this makes me feel all warm and fuzzy - and sweaty... :)

Edited by bobdole

I think I might post an update but will mention first that my training took a sharp turn two months ago when I ruptured my left tricep tendon (distal) in the gym while bench pressing. This required immediate surgery and was in a cast for two weeks followed by a brace for a further four weeks. I took two and half full weeks off training altogether before returning to do some lighter upper body workouts and legs.

Last weekend I was able to accomplish seated pulley rows with 125 kgs (275 lbs) for 10 good reps. This was followed by four good sets of lat pulldown and then deadlifts, working up to 180 kgs (396 lbs) for 10 good slow controlled reps. I was able to barbell curl 60 kgs (132 lbs) for 8 reps with some cheating. Certainly not my best lifts but was very happy with the effort.

I currently cannot do any bench presses, shoulder presses or tricep work of any kind. But I can do machine flyes, cross overs, dbell laterals, upright rows for chest and shoulders which are doing the job for the time being.

Leg training is pretty typical and routine. I typically do leg presses first and work up to 320 kgs (704 lbs) for 20 reps across a total of six sets of 20 reps starting with a light weight of 120 kgs, followed by barbell squats, working up to 140 kgs (308 lbs) for 10 reps. I usually follow these up with leg curls.

I'm certainly not the strongest person around but noone would say my training is sissy by any means.

• Author
I think I might post an update but will mention first that my training took a sharp turn two months ago when I ruptured my left tricep tendon (distal) in the gym while bench pressing. This required immediate surgery and was in a cast for two weeks followed by a brace for a further four weeks. I took two and half full weeks off training altogether before returning to do some lighter upper body workouts and legs.

Last weekend I was able to accomplish seated pulley rows with 125 kgs (275 lbs) for 10 good reps. This was followed by four good sets of lat pulldown and then deadlifts, working up to 180 kgs (396 lbs) for 10 good slow controlled reps. I was able to barbell curl 60 kgs (132 lbs) for 8 reps with some cheating. Certainly not my best lifts but was very happy with the effort.

I currently cannot do any bench presses, shoulder presses or tricep work of any kind. But I can do machine flyes, cross overs, dbell laterals, upright rows for chest and shoulders which are doing the job for the time being.

Leg training is pretty typical and routine. I typically do leg presses first and work up to 320 kgs (704 lbs) for 20 reps across a total of six sets of 20 reps starting with a light weight of 120 kgs, followed by barbell squats, working up to 140 kgs (308 lbs) for 10 reps. I usually follow these up with leg curls.

I'm certainly not the strongest person around but noone would say my training is sissy by any means.

Well done, Surrealist! It is good that you modest about your body/fitness level, while also being able to acknowledge that you are not totally hopeless either, haha.

ME: Well, I thought I had gotten down to 53 kilo's, but apparently that is due to dehydration and me not drinking mch water.................

I may not have been counting calories accurately enough, either... because I normally eat about maintenance, PLUS I exercise... SO I should be losing in theory.

Regardless if wheather I have been under estimating calories or not, I am back at about 54 kilos at my heaviest. I still have some aspects of my eating that I could improve still, so I am giving weight loss one more week.

I am going to count my calories fairly accurately for 1 - 2 weeks, and if I lose no weight when I SHOULD be, I will just accept that I am not meant to be that thin. :(

There is no way I would resort to 1200 calories WITH exercise. That feels like literally starving myself. I have not eaten that little in years. I have to eat 1600 MINIMUM, or I feel starved and turn into a b*tch.

EXERCISE: I have been doing something every day. I am not working full time or studying yet, so I base my research and study materials aroumd my own schedule, and I WALK as many days as I can, in addition to the gym, and my TA matt dvd.

RIGHT NOW: I am trying to eat as much minimally processed food as possible; run om treadmill at 11 kph 3 days this week; do TA matt workout 6 days this week all up; go on walks whenever I have the time.

I also have a midnight snack every night, and I wanrt to reduce the caloric load of it, cos then i run out of energy during the day, due to using up 1/3 of my calories at night.

MIND FRAME: want clear , glowing skin, to radiate health, which can only be attained through clean eating food that is as close to its natural state as possible.

ALSO to go to the gym or do some exercise as much as possible, as the more I move, and the cleaner and more natural I eat, the BETTER I will look and feel.

My desire to be very active and eat clean are making me deal with not being thin any more. There are other great ways to look good besides being thin, so I am tryingt o shift the focus back onto having lovely clear glowing skin, and looking very healthy and appealing in other ways.

I have been focused on attaining cleart skin and a healthy 'look' for a few years now, except I was also thin; now I am not thin, and cannot rely on it as a soul way to feel attractive ( physically).

I am actually getting a nicely shaped body with all the walking, matt DVD 6 days per week, and Pilates I have been doing.....

SO at least the body I DO have is in good shape. I will probably never be 110 lbs ( 50 kilos) again unless I starve myself to get that way, so I think I will focus on getting a nice toned, healthy body, with cleatr skin ad a healthy look instead.

It is hard for me, to accept my body at my current weight. I am seeing therapist tomorrow. But really - it is what it is; I simply want to be thin and beautiful, and am resentful at my own parents even, that I am NOT small boned and thin.

So I will always want to be thinner. I just have to deal ewith the body I have in a healthy manner; by eating healthily, and aiming to looka nd feel my best.

If I cannot lose weight on a decent 500 calorie deficit, I will just stop and maintain my current weight.

• Author
Helped a friend move last Sunday and realized Monday that there are definitely some muscles I haven't been working out.

Monday I researched and got a fairly comprehensive weekly workout routine - well as comprehensive as you can get with the apartment complex's all-in-one-gym that isn't quite "all". Started that today and did an extra 10 minutes on the elliptical. My heart rate monitor said I burned over 1000kcals in 45min of elliptical and 30min of weight lifting.

Down to 165lbs from 200. All this makes me feel all warm and fuzzy - and sweaty... :)

Well done! You have consistently done enough to get results! It inspires me to see people set goals, and just do what needs to be done. I wonder if it is any easier for a normal or larger sized person to lose weight, than it is for a person like myself ( who has a body that does not NEED to lose weight).

Do you think that if your body COULD part with weight, it does so easier, thasn if you are already at a good weight ( and hence your body does not NEED to lose weight for health reasons, and it isd only for vanity?)

loverofloveandstuff

I am a bit of upset today. You know 'fat days?' I feel like I've been having a lot of them lately. And even though the scale has not gone up, I've realised (thanks LS people) that I've probably lost muscle mass and gained fat. As such, I feel yuck and I'm starting a 3 day fast tomorrow. Anybody is welcome to join me! It's nice to have support whilst fasting.

Oh yeah, fast bashing is unwelcome.:rolleyes:

• Author
I am a bit of upset today. You know 'fat days?' I feel like I've been having a lot of them lately. And even though the scale has not gone up, I've realised (thanks LS people) that I've probably lost muscle mass and gained fat. As such, I feel yuck and I'm starting a 3 day fast tomorrow. Anybody is welcome to join me! It's nice to have support whilst fasting.

Oh yeah, fast bashing is unwelcome.:rolleyes:

I want to fast:( Don't you already weigh less than me, though ( at the same or a taller height)?

I just ate a huge midnight snack:( I was not even that hungry geez.

I will join you on the second dasy of your fast if u want, or the 3rd day.

I cannot do it tomorrow cos I have a job interview.

I have not fasted in.. since for ever. So I would love the support! fasting does not come easily for me, cos I was CURSED with a stupid body that likes food too much.

I wish I could just be one of those non eaters - females who have low appetites, eat twice daily, and just never get hungry. Typially only very little women r like that, cos their bodies do not need as much food to fuel their tiny body types.

So, I have been good to my body by not fasting and eating well for years, but I am not good at the consistent calorie deficits, and want to try a 2 day fast to speed things up.

WIll start .............. tomorrow perhaps?

I hope I can do it. I never have ben able to fast before, ever. ANd I have not been able to eat UNDER what my body needs to maintain a given weight in years, either.

WHen I was 110 lbs ( 50 kilos) I still ate 1700 - 2000 when totally inactive.

So....... soon as my interview is over, I am seriously consider fasting for as long as I can get away with.

Thanks Leigh! Your comments are always encouraging :)

I have issues with determining what calorie deficit I'm running as well. I think I have the calorie intake pretty accurate but I don't think I can quite get a grip on my calories expended. Calculators tell me I expend anywhere from 2100 to 2400 calories a day for my body weight(164.6lbs this morning), height(5'11"), and age(29). I get kind of confused when it asks for my activity level as I really do nothing but sit all day, but I do 30min-1hr of strenuous workouts 5-6 days a week. So is that still "sedentary" or "lightly active"... "moderately"? no clue. But that's where my caloric estimation gets thrown off mainly. I just take worst case usually. Like the elliptical says I burn about 15% more than my heart rate monitor says I burn so I go by the monitor's estimation.

I think your goal of just having a nicely shaped body is spot on for you. You can't quite go by weight 100% anyways as it doesn't distinguish fat from lean body mass. You maybe aren't able to get back to 110lbs because you've simply gained more muscle than you had previously.

You ask if it is easier for larger people to lose weight - It is if by larger you mean in terms of fat. Take me at 5'11" and 200lbs, losing the first 15lbs was super easy and came off fast simply by cutting out ice cream and sweets. The next 10 lbs required more substantial cuts in my caloric intake and was noticeably more difficult. These most recent 10lbs have required a drastic cut in my calorie intake and some heavy exercise.

I've read and believe from my experience that the closer and closer you get to single digit body fat percentages, the harder and more work it is to achieve any weight loss. Your body sees all of its fat stores going buh-bye and does what it can to hold onto them - because fat is essential to survival, at least in our evolutionary past.

About you and loveroflove fasting - No hating here, but I would recommend eating some high protein foods during all this or you risk losing almost as much lean muscle mass as you do fat. When you're body realizes it isn't getting any protein from lack of food, it will cannibalize your own muscles which gives it 2 things: protein and less muscle mass that it has to fuel. So eat do something like eat 6 egg whites for breakfast (only 102 cals but about 25g of protein) and then eat a chicken breast or some lean meat in the evening (about 200 cals and 40g of protein). You're still plenty starving yourself, but you're staving off muscle loss this way.

And good luck on your job interview Leigh!

Well done, Surrealist! It is good that you modest about your body/fitness level, while also being able to acknowledge that you are not totally hopeless either, haha.

Thank you. Yes I am very modest. :p Seriously though we all have genetic limitations, some much more than others and so on., In the end we can only work with what we have and no amount of wishful thinking is going to help. :) Its such an unfair fact of life really.

I note your plateauing with the weight loss and daily 500 caloric deficit. This may look good on paper but does not automatically translate into real world results.

I'm gonna throw some numbers around merely for the sake of example....

Just because the calculator says your (or anyone's just making a point here) maintenance calories is 2000 per day, means very little if your current caloric intake is much higher or lower and your body, for the sake of example, is maintaining weight.

My caloric intake may be 5000 calories a day. My body weight is stable, I'm neither decreasing or increasing body weight. If I suddenly drop my daily caloric intake to 4000 calories a day, I am in a 1000 a day caloric deficit.

Now here's the kicker.

The calculator may well say my daily maintenance caloric intake, taking into consideration activity levels, current body weight etc, is actually 3000 a day!

Yet here I am creating a 1000 per day caloric deficit with 1000 extra calories per day that I can consume over and above my calculated 3000 per day maintenance calories - until such time, and here's the key, my body plateaus again.

So how might this information apply to yourself (or anyone for that matter)?

Well the opposite can also be true in terms of real world results.

You may well be already consuming less calories per day than your standard maintenance calories - as per the calculator, yet your body is maintaining weight. So to continue seeing progress in terms of weight loss, you are going to have to reduce your caloric intake even further again, even if that means consuming much less calories than what the calculator determines is a 500 daily caloric deficit.

The body is a funny thing. It is a biological organism (lol for want of a better description) and it is not like a machine where we can punch in a calculated number of calories and expect the results to be automatic. The calorie calculators and such are at best, only a guide. The best guide is getting to know your body and how it responds.

This is why I would never advocate crash diets of any kind because your body will inevitably adapt and plateau. Then where do you go from there? You have to go lower and / or exercise more. I think its important to have a re-feed at least once a week, and a good cheat, but they should be scheduled into the diet, less you find yourself cheating every other day which will make weight loss increasingly difficult.

You know when you see the bodybuilders and figure girls on stage, how they are very lean and muscular, believe me, they (unless genetically gifted) need to diet pretty much like a bitch to get there. There's no shortcuts or pills that just magically get people there though some can assist a little. There needs to be a sensible yet rather stringent diet program in place. You see so many overweight people buying into the latest novel diet or exercise apparatus (like the ones advertised on infomercials) yet still not seeing results because they fail to realise the work that goes into it.

I also observe in the gym that the difference between those who do lose a little weight and those who get really lean for competition, is that the ones who don't get there in the end are those who give up when the dieting gets tedious, while the others persist (even if it means getting a bit cranky or bitchy as you pointed out you feel). I know when I've dieted for comps I become quite anti-social and withdrawn toward the end, it is far from easy.

I know you dont have the problem Leigh of being overweight, but if you really want to lose those last few kgs, then you will have to ramp things up, go the extra bit that others wont. :)

Edited by Surrealist
  • Author

Bobdole - I also found it confusing, as to wheather I was " lightly active" or " moderately active" or even "sedentary".

What I have found that works for me, is to put in " lightly active" or " sedentary", and then simply add on any ADDITIONAL exercise I do.

For instance, if you are not moving all day, you are therefore sedentary or ligthly active. Any additional exercise can be added ON to what your usual daily activity.

ON the other hand, if you are a sales man, and are on your feel ALL DAY walking places, then your activity level may very well be " moderately active".

The only way to ensure you are correctly estimating your status, is by trial and error! If you are not losing weight and you are moderately active, then set yourself on lightly active instead.

I do not think many people are totally sedentary, sedentary is when you are basically imobile. Even sitting in an office can be more than sedentary, if you then go home, cook dinner, have two showers a day, to the laundry, alomg other things ( such as taking rubish out, etc).

• Author

Surreal - What is your actual name? I wanted to send u a private msg cos you are from Aus and you are into body building and that area interest me!

As far as calories are concerned, I am fairly averse to restiction. Even though I do not get strong hunger pains or signals in general, I simply do not like telling myself I cannot have food.

Today even, I was planning to fast, and I was not even hungry by lunch time, yet I still thought to mysself " look, I will do it the slower way, by eating slightly less, and working out more".

I want to lose weight, but I am unsure as to how my metabolism will be impacted. There are two theories I have : first off, would fasting for 1 day a week, whilst maintaining on a normal amount the rest of the time, be easier on my metabolism?

GOing without food for only one day, if I ate normally ( in addition to exercising of course!) would not hinder my metabolism; one day without food does not lower the metabolism rate for an extended period.

On the other hand, if I do not fast, but instead I eat about 1400 and exercise a lot, then this sounds like it could lower the metabolism beyond when I stop dieting.

I am worried that my body will sense that I am feeding it less than it needs to maintain, and it will therefore conserve energy by lowering my metabolism rate.

Fasting can be done in one or two days over a two week period, and it isonly two days of no food. Where as dieting, in my case, could fo on for a month before I am at 52 kilo's, and that sounds like long enough for my metabolic rate to lower, to compensate for the calories I am depriving it of.

Eating regular, small meals makes sense, to keep my body from feeling like it will be skipping meals, however, I am still consuming less energy than my body needs. In spite of giving my body regular meals, I am still depriving it off energy it needs to function optimally, and so dieting over a longer period than simply doing a 2 day fast, sounds like it could lower my my metabolic rate after I reach my goal.

One thing I do remember about my history: I gained weight after anorexia years back, and I gained to about 58 kilos through stuffing my face.

I had no help ( professionaly), and what I did, was eat a lot, realize that i was a healthy weight, and then I started to eat normally again.

I also joined a gym and went a few days w eek, doing simple cardio on the rowing machine, and elliptical for about 10 mins each.

I dropped to about 51 - 52 kilos through just eating normally; breakfast, lunch, dinner, some snacks. I did not count calories.

I was 20 at the time, so perhaps my body has changed; I did not do resistance tr aining back then, so perhaps my muscle to fat ratio has increased, more in favour of muscle.

I definitly value the matt workout I do, as it gives my body a ncie shape, so the ACTIVITIES I do physically are paramount to me, so I am not that upset about my weight in terms of how I LOOK.

I do not really have a normal breakfast lunch or dinner laterly, I eat a midnight snack, skip breakfast , eat early lunch, have a snack, eat dinner...

I have no schedule and I have not been eating fish or protein.

What I have found that works for me, is to put in " lightly active" or " sedentary", and then simply add on any ADDITIONAL exercise I do.

For instance, if you are not moving all day, you are therefore sedentary or ligthly active. Any additional exercise can be added ON to what your usual daily activity.

This is inaccurate, and will end up hurting your body in the long run because you'll end up starving yourself.

Your BMR and caloric intake should be based on your standard activity level, not whether you happen to exercise that day. Someone who's sedentary on a regular basis burns far less calories at rest than someone who's highly active. That's why it's important to figure out what activity level you are, and base your calorie consumption from there. Otherwise, if you choose sedentary but end up working out like crazy on a regular basis, you'll eat far too few calories to fuel your workouts, and your body will actually go into starvation mode...and you'll stop losing weight, perhaps even lose muscle and your body will hold on to fat.

I do not think many people are totally sedentary, sedentary is when you are basically imobile. Even sitting in an office can be more than sedentary, if you then go home, cook dinner, have two showers a day, to the laundry, alomg other things ( such as taking rubish out, etc).

MOST people are sedentary, unfortunately. I read a recent article while in a waiting room the other day that only 5% of Americans exercise on any given day. How sad is that?

For all the trainers I've ever worked with, sedentary for purposes of activity level should be used if you have a desk job, or are a student, with no exercise beyond getting to and from your job/school and basic movement around the house/office/school. Moving around just to take care of yourself (showering, cooking, normal cleaning/laundry [i.e., not a maid who cleans 10 hours a day] etc.) shouldn't be included for purposes of activity level.

As for BobDole, he but does 30min-1hr of strenuous workouts 5-6 days a week. That's his standard activity level. IMO, that's moderately active. It would be lightly active if the workouts weren't strenuous/intense, or weren't as often.

Leigh

My name is Steve. :) Have you also considered that it may be the times of day / night you are eating as well? Skipping breakfast slows the metabolism, or rather, having breakfast gets the metabolism going in the morning. I've heard about fasts and stuff like that and I don't really think they help in the longer run. However having said all that, if you are happy with your body shape now, and it would just be a nuisance to lose more weight, why worry about it? I'd rather be slightly heavier and happy than be lean but miserable if you know what I mean?

How do you send / receive private messages on this forum? I figured it was disabled and probably for good reason, given the nature of the forum.

• Author

STAR - I thought that being sedentary PLUS going to the gym to burn 400 calories, = sedentary plus adding on -400 calories.

I log my calories and exercise onto the Australian calorie King, and I have my status listen as sedentary orligthly active; if I burn anything ON TOP of this, I add it in under " exercise".

Different types of exercises burn different amounts of calories, so it may not be accurate if you put " moderately" active, yet burn differing amounts of calories on a daily basis ( for instance, only 200 calories one day, and 600 another day).

STEVE - I am at a point where I realize I have to either be heavier than my ideal weight and body, but not be hungry and thinking about food ( I tend to think about food when hungry, I do not actually GET strong hunger signals in my stomach).

On the other hand, I could get back to the weight I looked best at, but have to suffer with being irritable and in a terrible mood, due to having to eat below 1500 calories.

I honestly cannot eat below 1500 - ish calories without feeling very food obsessed. So I am giving 1600 ish a CHANCE, and INCLUDING exercise. in theory, a women of my stats SHOULD be able to maintain on about 1500 - 1600 when SEDENTARY.

Where as I am eating 1600 ish and exercising, and have not lost much weight. Again, I have not been counting 100% accurately, nor do I know exactly how much exercise burns.

The logical thing to do, would be to count more accurately, limit it to about 1600, and exercise every day.

If I do not lose weight eating 1600 WITH a DECENT amount of exercise ( for instance, 1600 with a 30 minute run AND Pilates), then I am DONE with losing weight.

If I have to eat less than 1600 WITH a lot of exercise, there is no way I would be prepared to eat bloody 1200 PLUS exercise. That is FASTING to me.

It is a little annoying, because when I WAS 110 - 114 lbs, I maintained on what I am doing now. I never ate below 1600. ever.

So. I hate my weight and desperately would LOVE to be 110 - 114 again, but realistically, I know I am not prepared to go throguh the suffering and hunger and being irritable and spaced out, to get to 110.

110 lbs it just too much pain for me. Easy enough to maintain in my experience, but to get there, I have a feeling it would = misery.

My immune system is in trouble right now, I am getting cold sores and my ear infection still has not totally dissipated, leaving my left ear lobe slightly larger than my right; I feel terrible. I loved my tiny ears!!!!! And now they are not even the same size!

My immunity is going down the toilet, due to not eating balanced meals enough; I do not eat anything UN - healthy, however, I am still eating a low or sugar free pure chocolate, nuts, nut butters, LOADS of goats anc sheaps cheese, and sweet potato with olive oil.

I rarely have had any eggs, fish, or chicken in the past 3 months. I think a part of it is due to the fact I am SOOOO disguisted that my body is this weight, that I do nto want to give myself a solid, normal diet., cos living off of other foods makes me feel like I am depriving my body, which is what I WANT to do. Because I hate my weight so much.

Hmm. So fasting is out of the question, seeing as I just cannot do it. SO 1600 ish calories with exercise, PLUS the matt workout ( to maintain my nice shape), PLUS one balanced protein meal per day.

Here is what I might have on a typical day:

Midnight snack: big hunk of goats cheese, about 250 cals

Breakfast ( IF I have it): an apple or two OR I will have a couple of spoons of almond butter. Having pure fat in the morning is apparently not good, and simple foods like fruit are easiest to digest and process first thing in the morning.

Lunch: I ALWAYS have, ever single day, sweet potato, cut into chips ( french fries as you people in the US call them). I make them thickly cut, and bake them in olive oil and herbs.

SNACKS: I have things like raw chocolate, which is pure cacoa butter and the powder, compressed into a block of chocolate, with agave nectare to sweeten. It is very good.

And that is IT sometimes! I eat 1600 - 2000 calories, however, I fill the calories with cheese, raw chocolate, sweet potato, and nut butters.

I am averse to chemicals in food and other products, and I am not consuming anything HARMFUL, but can you guys see why my immunity may still not be funtioning optimally, as a result of not enough fish, occasional red meat, and etc?

TOMORROWS GOALS:

EXERCISE: long walk, plus matt workout and perhaps some resistance moves using own body weight ( I do not go to the gym when I have a cold sore, it hurts a lot plus is an ugly look).

FOOD: Midnight: cheese! ( I LOVE cheese, sheap and goats cheese are the ones i have, they are apparently easier to digest and less acid forming than cows dairy)

Breakfast: couple of apples! Organic ones, of course.

LUNCH: Famous sweet potato chips which are already baked and ready to eat.

DINNER: boiled eggs with some raw organic celery and a few baby spinach leaves, with some garlic and balsamic for dressing.

SNACKS BETWEEN MEALS: nut butters or nuts. The nut butters I have, are almond and sunflower. Macadamia nuts are the nuts I like the most, and I seldom bother to eat the ones I like least.

SO. Now that I have come and put allt hat in writing, I have to actually follow through haha.

wow. I feel happy at the notion that I will not have to fast or starve myself or feel irritable and resentful at my body for being this " size".

I know that if I just use common sense, and eat clean, and to the appropriate exercises every single day, that I can learn to like myself and my body, without my weight being a hindrance any more.

I think I will layoff the weight loss for a while and focus on what it takes to maintain. I want to know that I can maintain on a decent amount, and that I will not have to eat 1600 and work out like a maniac to maintain.

I never heard of sweet potatoe chips, are they any good or are they cooked in oil and filled with sodium?

Sounds like basic inadequate nutrition and lots of exercise may be running your body down a bit and that is why you're feeling tired and experienced a compromised immune system.

Tomorrow's diet looks pretty good though I wonder about the chips, but a lot better than what you been doing - keep it up. And while you're at it, can you get a piccie of yourself? :)

• Author

I make the sweet potato chips myself:) I just cut sweet potato up into chips, and bake them with olive oil and herbs.

I am not trying to avoid showing my pictures, but I seldom take them, and the only times I have, have been on my parents camera, which is currently in Hong Kong ( where my mum lives).

Fortunately, the pictures are downloaded onto the computer in HK, so mum can simply send them to me via email.

Steve, since we are talking about appearance, you actually look like the sort of guy I find attractive haha. I like men who are physically fit and " big" from regular gym training.

What do you eat in a typical day, Steve? I am interested in how much guys your size eat. I asked the body builder I hooked up with and he said he ate about 4000 calories, but I think he was just estimating.