What foods do you avoid?

• Author

So shaddow man - do you think cutting out cows dairy, wheat, gluten and grains most of the time, and red meat tomatoes, spices, and capsicums, is the way to go?

In terms of skin; I am on the pill cos my hormones will always be off. Since my hormones are regulated and I avoid hormonal acne: do you think foods like capsicums, nightshades, occasional raw organic chocolate and sugar chemical free GRAIN products like rye bread and pasta, will make my skin look less good than it WOULD look if I NEVER ate those foods?

I actually r eally enjoy sweet potatoes and fruit, and could easily have it for my main carb source; I am thinking of limiting raw organic chocolate, bread, flour, and etc, to a once or twice a week occasion at the most.

The problem is, I would have to eat higher protein to fill the place of dairy and grains.

So my plan from TOMORROW is:

BREAKFAST: Green smoothie ( bag of raw spinach with frozen raspberries OR frozen bananas with tinned organic mango)

SNACK OPTIONS ( I prefer snacks over meals):

- sweet potato cut into french fries and baked in olive oil and dipped in almond or nut butter

- nut butter, up to 3 tbsps, on its own or occasionally with some agave nectar or honey

- two boiled eggs

- small tin of tuna or salmon

DINNER ( I like the idea of breakfast smoothie - snacks all day when needed - and then a dinner)

- a palm sized small portion of red meat, fish, or chicken, with a handful of cooked or raw green vegetables

- a two egg omlette with baby spinach

NO MORE THAN ONCE A WEEK:

- raw organic chocolate

About THREE days per week:

- goats milk yoghurt or cheese ( preferably yoghurt

- red wine

TEMPORARY GOAL: I have had far too much sprouted rye bread ;ately ( it is made from sprouted rye flour, walnuts, and dates) and I have had huge amount sof the bread, with virtually NO protein for dinner.

From now until Christmas day: NO GRAINS:

AFTER CHRISTMAS: Grains are fine once or twice per weak, as I do love a good sandwhich made with this organic rye bread that I love.

marcusslawrence

Well I love to eat all I like but I always avoid oily foods and never ever try to eat. I love all the delicious dishes. I am health concious and and hence I don't like to have more fatty and oily foods.

So shaddow man - do you think cutting out cows dairy, wheat, gluten and grains most of the time, and red meat tomatoes, spices, and capsicums, is the way to go?

In terms of skin; I am on the pill cos my hormones will always be off. Since my hormones are regulated and I avoid hormonal acne: do you think foods like capsicums, nightshades, occasional raw organic chocolate and sugar chemical free GRAIN products like rye bread and pasta, will make my skin look less good than it WOULD look if I NEVER ate those foods?

I actually r eally enjoy sweet potatoes and fruit, and could easily have it for my main carb source; I am thinking of limiting raw organic chocolate, bread, flour, and etc, to a once or twice a week occasion at the most.

The problem is, I would have to eat higher protein to fill the place of dairy and grains.

So my plan from TOMORROW is:

BREAKFAST: Green smoothie ( bag of raw spinach with frozen raspberries OR frozen bananas with tinned organic mango)

SNACK OPTIONS ( I prefer snacks over meals):

- sweet potato cut into french fries and baked in olive oil and dipped in almond or nut butter

- nut butter, up to 3 tbsps, on its own or occasionally with some agave nectar or honey

- two boiled eggs

- small tin of tuna or salmon

DINNER ( I like the idea of breakfast smoothie - snacks all day when needed - and then a dinner)

- a palm sized small portion of red meat, fish, or chicken, with a handful of cooked or raw green vegetables

- a two egg omlette with baby spinach

NO MORE THAN ONCE A WEEK:

- raw organic chocolate

About THREE days per week:

- goats milk yoghurt or cheese ( preferably yoghurt

- red wine

TEMPORARY GOAL: I have had far too much sprouted rye bread ;ately ( it is made from sprouted rye flour, walnuts, and dates) and I have had huge amount sof the bread, with virtually NO protein for dinner.

From now until Christmas day: NO GRAINS:

AFTER CHRISTMAS: Grains are fine once or twice per weak, as I do love a good sandwhich made with this organic rye bread that I love.

Honestly, I still think you are way, way too hyper-focussed on food, whether it's what you do eat or are not going to eat.

I've said this before ... you always say it's "who you are." I'm sure it is a part of who you are, but perhaps other aspects of you could use equal attention.

Well, I work nights as a pizza delivery man. I tend to pretty much avoid everything on the menu, eating mostly honey roasted peanuts and drinking red Powerade during my shift. Alot of people made fun of me since there's already food there but I'm going thru this odd cycle of out of nowhere gaining then loosing 20 lbs and I figure this is a good way to avoid going thru that.

In the normal course of events there's not really anything I avoid, other than garlic. I eat it occasionally, but generally try not to because of the smell.

I've started to be really careful about what I eat just before and during my period. Over the past few years I've developed a problem with migraines. They hit every few months, and invariably round about the time of my period, so to minimise the risk of an attack I try to avoid cheese and chocolate - both of which are supposed to be triggers.

Last time I had one, I took some orange juice to rehydrate (I'd been sick) and it worsened matters. I've since learned that citrus fruits can be a bad trigger. Annoyingly it seems as though just about everything you can possibly eat bar an aspirin tablet is potentially a trigger with migraines. That said, I don't feel as though I get them so frequently that I have to be obsessive about avoiding certain foods. I just take care to avoid certain foods at times that I'm particularly likely to get an attack.

I get migraines around my period time too. I didn't know that about citrus, thats worth remembering.

You are right about triggers!

My GP told me its to do with the sharp drop in progesterone. Since I have been on a progesterone only BC pill, things have improved significantly!

• 1 month later...

There is long list that one should avoid for staying healthy.

- Fatty protein like McObesity

- Processed carbs like: The majority of breakfast cereals, candy, soda, white rice, rice cakes, chips etc

- Bad fats like fast food in general. Sunflower oil.

- Unhygienic food selling on a stall.

I could write epic poems about my hate for sauerkraut. Nastiest food ever!

On the health tip tho, I avoid:

refined sugar

corn syrup

apple anything other than the occasional plain apple

pastries

Ice cream

candified cereal of any kind

If it can be replaced by whole grain rice - any starch item

If it can't be replaced, I try for whole wheat.

PS - corn is a starch ;) not a veggie

Fresh veggies rather than canned or frozen

Most condiments

Bagged lettuce and greens

Wine (more specifically red)

I catch all kinds of flack for it but I try to sneak spaghetti squash in in place of pasta on spaghetti nights at least twice a month.

I have blood sugar issues so apple pie, juice, any doughnut/pastry, ice cream makes me sleepy and disoriented. Its a rare thing that I indulge my love of a glazed doughnut or ice cream.

And the wine and bagged lettuce thing has to do with a sulfide sensitivity. The preservative used in many bagged lettuce has a high sulfide content and I have an anaphylactic reaction to it. Funny - I can eat red onion just fine.

• 3 weeks later...

There are lots of food list that have to avoid, I would advise to avoid mushrooms before going to bed. mushrooms are very heavy food which is healthy, and still difficult to digest. Thank you.

It is not only a matter of what you eat but also how much you eat.I always avoid soda, french fries, processed meats, hydrogenated oils.

none really.. i pretty much eat what i want in moderation. like i love french fries but i only eat them once or twice a month. but for the most part i try to stick to chicken and fish. don't eat much red meat. although i do enjoy a burger every now and then. for me, it's not realistic to cut anything out - - it only makes me want it more ..