What foods do you avoid?

WRONG.

I'm RIGHT and now to argue ur miss quoted points

"AT times I cannot stand the fact I am larger boned than thin women. I actually want to kill myself because of it. Because i cannot stand my size." (Quote: http://www.loveshack.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3053354&postcount=245)

Most people don't like the way larger boned women look. She probably looks fine a lot of women exagerate imperfections

"I feel alone' date=' dark, and [b']I enjoy thinking about my suicide[/b]." (Quote: http://www.loveshack.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3043885&postcount=10)

She was pondering her own death... she goes on to write that she just was thinking about it in a normal way. You never thought about what people would think if you were gone or what ever. Shes depressed but working through it.

"I have thought a lot about suicide." (Quote: http://www.loveshack.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3004770&postcount=3)

She was trying to help some one out when she wrote this. She was also writing about how she hates the way people in chat rooms/forums act when you mention suicide how they are quick to dismiss you "go get help" ect.

So PLEASE' date=' Green... stop encouraging her to have these tragically unhealthy thoughts!!! [/quote']

So you think I encourage her to be suicidal..... She isn't suicidal and I'm not encouraging her to do anything except be herself for once in her life. Because being herself is what she has missed out on if anything.

Shameful. :(

If Leigh ever harms herself, I'm holding accountable those LS posters who encouraged her unhealthy patterns and encouraged her to obsess about her weight, and turned a blind eye to her obviously desperate cries for help.

Leigh, please seek out a nutritionist and a counselor/therapist.

Shameful. :(

If Leigh ever harms herself, I'm holding accountable those LS posters who encouraged her unhealthy patterns and encouraged her to obsess about her weight, and turned a blind eye to her obviously desperate cries for help.

Leigh, please seek out a nutritionist and a counselor/therapist.

You dare shame me? Shame on you THIS ENTIRE THREAD is about EATING HEALTHY. You remind me of that woman in the secret garden who got off on keeping the kid in the wheelchair and warning him not to over exert himself. No your more like nurse Ratchet.

Oh by the way she did contact a nutrionist last time I checked... AT MY URGING so why don't you think before you speak because now I've just proven that I've already suggested and she has done what you want her to do (seek out a nutrionist).

Its what she wants to do for a living so I said she herself should go meet with one and explain her interest in the field ect.

Shame on you STAR of trying to shame me and hold me responsible for your sinister predictions.

• Author

I have a rather good handle on food, exercise, and its place in life; I know now how much to eat, and what foods to eat, to get my body functioning well enough for me to real my potentials.

The only unhealthy thing, is that I will always want to be thinner. It is just who I am.

I have lost to about 116 - 114.6 lbs now and to be honest, I want to keep going. But that is what I see a psychologist for. So I can tell her I am thinking about losing more weight, which will harm me, so that I can not ACT on my desires.

Having a desire is one thing; but it is not my eitirity. I will ALWAYS want to be thinner. ALWAYS. However, that is not the ONLY thought in my head!!!!

I also love my life and am happy a lot of the time, and my head is filled with MANY thoughts BESIDES the desire to be thin.

Moreover, I know that being thin does not equate to happiness; I WAS 110 for the past 4 years, less at times, and I WAS NOT FUDNAMENTALLY HAPPY.

I KNOW thinnes does not make one happy. LIVING LIFE makes you happy. For me, I like to look and feel my best.

I could be in a car accident tomorrow, and lose my legs. That is why I like to have the best body I can - I want to make the MOST of what I have!! I really want to embrace life and NOT take anything for granted.

GREEN - thanks for your support. You get me, because we both like thin and good looking women. However, I do have to draw the limit, and learn to have more things going for myself, so that I can stop desiring to be thinner than I naturally should be

Sure, I love beautiful people. However, i need to not let my desire to be skinny like these beuaitufl people, get in the way of the rest of my life.

I am not suicidle at the moment, but I do think thin, petite women have such beautiful bodies, that I am intensely resentful towards my own parents for not giving me those genes.

Just remember - wanting to be thin is one aspect of me. What the heck is WRONG with having one unhealthy thing about you? I see a bloody psychologist about it and I DO NOT ACT on it ( I do not starve myself or anything).

Leigh posted elsewhere, in the last day or so, that she has just hit 114.5lbs (on an empty stomach!!!).

This alone indicates she has a serious problem. Her thought patterns and obesessions indicate that she is still anorexic, even if her weight falls just on the border of 'healthy'. It worries me that she even knows exactly what her lowest possible weight should be. It wouldn't suprise me if she's been told she'll be hospitalised if it falls below that.

Anybody who encourages her in her very warped thinking would be well advised to stop doing so. Anorexia is a life threatening mental illness.

• Author

About food, calorie restriction and weight;

When I eat a clean diet, and there are no chemicals hindering my bodily functions, I maintained 108 - 114.5 lbs on the recommended intake of calories, and I was not emaciated or ill looking. Thin, but not bones poking out.

The thing is, I have to diet just like every one else to lose weight. I gained to 120 - 121 lbs intentionally - to challenge myself - my worst fear was to weigh more than 114 lbs - so after 5 years of being fearful of being a certain weight, I thought I would face my worst fear and gain to the 210 lbs.

I felt fine at 120. But I like how my body looks a lower. So by having a fairly normal deficit, I have lost weight the healthy way - through eating about 1600 ish a day and exercising.

I am going to maintain right about now, and the only foods i avoid currently are:

I got my teeth whitened so I have to eat AS MANY WHITE FOODS as possible LOL.

I had to eat all white coloured foods for two days, but I will continu eto for a couple more - just to be safe!

I LOVE white rice, and rice noodles, and fetta and white cheeses and apples, and they are all white, so it has been fun wating chicken and apples and rice all day.

I have had some almond butter though and some burns sweet potato french fries oh no:S:S:S I am gunna go brush my teeth now and see if the backness did any damage :S

I have to stop having red wine and chocolate ( the clean, raw sugar free type I am addicted to).

I have to learn to like white wine. What foods go with white wine? ANd what the heck can I drink with my expensive cheeses NOW?

I normally loved red wine with expensive cheeses, but I am going to try white wine and see how I like it. I tried it on

e a few years back and felt ill from it... but I am hoping I my initial aversion to white wine was just a freak thing.

The only unhealthy thing, is that I will always want to be thinner. It is just who I am.

I have lost to about 116 - 114.6 lbs now and to be honest, I want to keep going. But that is what I see a psychologist for. So I can tell her I am thinking about losing more weight, which will harm me, so that I can not ACT on my desires.

Having a desire is one thing; but it is not my eitirity. I will ALWAYS want to be thinner. ALWAYS. However, that is not the ONLY thought in my head!!!!

Alway wanting to be thinner is NOT who you are!

You a bright, attractive, 23 year old girl who is choosing to focus on her thinness. That is something you can change. It is not an aspect of your identity.

If you know so much about healthy eating and exercise and how to look after yourself and you KNOW that being thinner will mean you become less and less healthy - how do you reconcile those two opposing schools of thought?

If, as you say, having a desire to be thinner is not your entirety, how about sharing something else about yourself on LS. Something that doesn't relate to your weight, height, statistics, body type, food intake or exercise regime?

• Author

Look, anorexia is far more serious a illness to what I have. I was never very ill, it was more a mental thing - I never got very thin. My problem, was that I had not achieved anything in life BUT being slim, so that was all that mattered. The emphasis was about beingt hin, but I was never anorexic so a severe extent.

There is a differnt between an eating disorder and anorexia. Anorexia is when the person cannot control their impulsive urges to be very skinny; where as I CAN. I want to be skinny, yet I am able to overpower that, and remain a healthy weight.

And yes, 114 is healthy for me. And the reason I KNOW my bodies limits is BECAUSE I have been chubby AND under weight for my build, so OF COURSE I know how much I should weigh.

I happen to like makingt he most of my young and healthy body, so I prefer the way I look when I am on the slimmer side of what is healthy for me. That is all.

Please do not over state my " warped thoughts" . I mean, I am not special, I simply like looking slim and likethinness, it is no big deal. I eat enough and am not on a fad diet and I am primarily interested in LOOKING GOOD; looking good is not emaciated or too thin.

I appreciate your concern, however; I have maintained a healthy weight for years, albiet on the slim side of what is healthy for me. I am aware of what foods are good and what I need to eat.

I am fallling back into the intense desire to want to lose MORE weight; but I have a therapist to help me deal with that. I am aware of it so I can work to change my thought patterns.

LASTLY - Green is right about how food suppl What people consider to be weird and fadish ways to eat, are simply how in line to how humans are supposed to eat.

It is normal to buy bread, cereal, and bottled sauces, and to not be aware othat even freshly baked bread can have additived, chemicals, preservatives, and suger added. MOST of the above foods are not only food - they have science lab material added.

I know food has to be manufactured to a larger degree than the food from 10,000, or even 1000 years ago; but that is bad enough, without knowingly eating added chemicals that humans have not evolved eating.

Basically, me avoiding chemicals and sugar ( aside from small amounts of honey and maple syrup occasionally), is SO ODD in todays society.

Honestly though. Any women with an average body type can attain a slender weight if they just ate clean. If I can do it other normal sized women can.

I find that people hinder how their body functions, through eating foods that are not ideal for human consumption; they then lift heavy weights and add additional weigh to a body that is already above what it could be.

My current status regarding thinnes has more to do with the correlation with the right way to eat and live, and how easy it is to maintain a slender and fit weight.

For me, I found just avoiding chemicals and sugar alone to help a lot. Tried high carb low carb and everyrthing else, but ultimately nothing affected me much, aside from the chemicals and sugar ban.

ALso, not eating huge amounts of grains helped, and the same for cows dairy.

theBrokenMuse
I am hoping I my initial aversion to white wine was just a freak thing.

Yeah, I can't stand the taste of white wine too. It's just so unbelievably bitter. Blush and red is nice but I have an expensive bottle of white wine that I got as a gift that's been sitting on the shelf collecting dust in my house for years now.

• Author
Yeah, I can't stand the taste of white wine too. It's just so unbelievably bitter. Blush and red is nice but I have an expensive bottle of white wine that I got as a gift that's been sitting on the shelf collecting dust in my house for years now.

Oh dear, I can tell I won't like white wine:( But I love drinking, and have always drunk red wine. I like bear, but to drink enough to get tipsy ( I drink for the taste AND the " food good" factor"), I have to drink like one and a half, to two bottles, and I am worried that I would feel bloated and un sexy lol, if I were to drink that much volume.

I like my teeth now that they are whiter after my dentists clean, and do not want to blow it by eating my raw organic chocolate or red wine...

Instead, I am going to buy the chocolate spread - it is from the same company the raw blocks of chocolate are made by.

The chocolate spread contains: coconut butter, cacoa butter and cacoa powder, agave nectar, and a little hymalayan crystal salt.

The chocolate spread is AWSOME; it is like the richest, most expensive chocolate truffle you could imagine.

I figure that CHEWING chocolate is worse than licking itoff a spoon, which is how I eat the choc spread.

I have been enjoying my " white food" diet lately haha - I have been working, and I have been taking a ready to go packet of white rice! It just takes two mins to heat up in the microwave.

The only ingredients in the rice is: rice and food acid. NOt even any salt. I am normally averse to ANY chemicals, but one single chemical now and again does not phase me, so long as the rest of the ingredients are simple.

Haha - most people eat rice with their meals, where as I actually LOVE to just eat plain white rice. By itself. I love it.

So white rice has been my lunch, and it is apples or canned organic pears for breakfast ( the canned pears are refreshing as they are canned in apple juice, which is nice first thing in the morning - I drink the juice as well as eat the pears).

The only non white thing I have had is almond butter, which is light brown.

I am happy with my weigh , and logically I know I can ve very healthy and happy if I can improve my fitness through my own means ( running in my case), and do the right exercises for me, and eat clean.

Having clear and lovely skin, and having a great shaped slim body, is obviously going to make me funtcion better than falling into the eating disorder path, and continueing to lose more weight until the 111's again.

I am just happy to have my body, and that it is healthy and that it works. So I do not want to take it for granted, and be miserable, when I actually have so much as it is.

Why in the world would you be eating only white foods? Some of the most healthful compounds found in nature are the pigments found in fruits and vegetables. In addition, most of your white foods are just high glycemic sugars, which are likely negatively effecting your insulin regulation.

• Author
Why in the world would you be eating only white foods? Some of the most healthful compounds found in nature are the pigments found in fruits and vegetables. In addition, most of your white foods are just high glycemic sugars, which are likely negatively effecting your insulin regulation.

Got my teeth whitened, and was only alloud white foods for 48 hrs, because my teeth would literally absorb any colours after this particular method of whitening. I did not want to waste 1000 bucks.

Furthemore, I was born and grew up with disgured, massively yellow teeth, and to be honest, it was disguisting. NOw they are white, I do not feel like chewing on dark green leafy veggies, or beetroot or carrots.

Instead, I am buying a juicer so that I can have large amounts of dark green leafies, and beetroot and blueberries and brightly coloured foods, without getting it all over me teeth.

My teeth stain very easily, since they wer born dark and yellow. Whats more, is that I hate eating dark green leafy veg, which are the ones that are the best for you in my opinion.

The only way I could eat loads of dark green raw veggies was when I tried a raw vegan diet; I would eat a juicey piece of fruit with the dark greens to make them tasty.

Furthermore, I really like the idea of having a refreshing green smoothier in the morning; you can also pack in loads of dark green leafy veg in a green smoothie, and it is refreshing and tasty, rather than a chore to eat.

AFter a life time of yellow and disguisting teeth, I do not feel like chewing loads of beetroot and dark green leaf veg; but I need dark green leafy veg to look and feel healthy, so a juicer is the best option, seeing as I prfer to DRINK my greens as smoothies any ways.

For those who do not know, a green smoothier is when dark green lafy vegetable, such as kale or spinach, are added to fresh fruit, such as apples and oranges; when blended together, it is like fruit juice with a bit of green added.

theBrokenMuse

Instead, I am going to buy the chocolate spread - it is from the same company the raw blocks of chocolate are made by.

The chocolate spread contains: coconut butter, cacoa butter and cacoa powder, agave nectar, and a little hymalayan crystal salt.

The chocolate spread is AWSOME; it is like the richest, most expensive chocolate truffle you could imagine.

Okay, I'm sold. :laugh: What is the name of this company? I want to look into their divine chocolate spread.

• Author
Okay, I'm sold. :laugh: What is the name of this company? I want to look into their divine chocolate spread.

I am going to treat myself to this mouth watering creation at Christmas - I have been consuming raw chocolate almost daily, in large doses ( seeing as it IS pure, raw, minimally altered cacoa after all!).

So going without it will make the next experience with it very, very pleasant:)

WARNING: Do you like very very dark and intense tasting chocolate? This spread is VERY rich. It is pure cacoa with no milk solids or anything to lighten the taste.

However, if you do like very dark, rich truffles, then this spread is value for money: most people can only manage a small tea spoon in one hit, and so the spread will last months.

Although because I am a freak I have eaten half a jar for a meal. I am relaxed with my meal structures - I know how many calories I need to maintain a weight I desire, and as long as I eat my raw leafy green veggies and raw fruits and some good quality protein, such as chicken red meat or fish, then I DO NOT CARE if ONE of my meals is raw chocolate haha.

No one else would be able to eat the raw chocolate products like I can - I not bragging about it either, but I am saying that due to my extreme types of diets I have tired, such as a raw vegan diet, my tolerance for very very strong foods, such as rich pure chocolate that is bert very dark, is very high.

ABOUT NUTS - STAR GAZER and others - what I meant about my tolerance for nuts, is that I have had binge eating issues in the past, and nuts was one of the foods I binged on the most, particularly nut butters.

I am glad to hear that you and others like HOKIE can easily eat 2 hand fuls! it makes me feel a lot better haha - it annoyed me how people often explaimed to me " gee, those 5 nuts were filling" ( when I was able to eat hanf fuls of them without feeling full!

I am glad that people can eat nuts by the hand ful! I only limit nuts to one large hanf ful or thereabouts, however; if I WANTED to, I can actually eat a 1400 calorie jar of almond butter or peanut butter, without vomiting!

Although I am pleased to report that my binging has stopped.

I have moments where I eat the wrong food at various timesthough. for instance, I have insomnia on and off, and I have had it lately, and this morning at 6, instead of a veggie and fruit juice, I had 350 or 400 cals of sea salt potato chips.

I anticipated that my lack of sleep would = me craving salty fatty things, and I did feel like chips, so I had them. Although chips are within my list of foods I CAN eat; because the only ingredients are potatos, salt and oil.

The rst of the day will be clean foods like coconut water, a green smoothie for dinner with greens and apples and oranges, and I have already had an apple and some goats cheese.

I do not consider goats cheese to be a bad, either; there has been talk about cheese being a " new food" on our evolutionary spectrum as humans, and hence our bodies have not adapted readily to cheese.

However, I beg to differ; I think goats cheese had been consumed for a little longer than cows milk, and whats more, is the fat gobules are apparently smaller than in cows fairy, and far easier to digest.

I do not think dairy in any form though, is more suited to humans than, for instance, lean meats chicken and fish; as we have been consuming animals like this for longer than cheese has been consumed by humans.

DETAILS ON CHOC COCONUT SPREAD: Go to the loving earth website. GOOGLE " loving earth chocolate products" and then go to the site, and navigate through that. They have coconut cashew spread as well as brazil nut spread, too, in addition to chocolate BARS, in unusual flavours.

The sour cherry 62% dark choc is my favourite loving earth raw choc flavour. So get that if it sounds like your thing, in addition to the spread.

Their shipping was reliable the time I ordered a box of their mint choc, which is 72% dark. Although if you are in the USA, I cannot say how fast the shipping would be.

CALORIES: it is about 133 calories for a tablespoon ( a large spoon ful) of the stuff! Which melt sin your mouth.

It also has 5.8 grams carbs, and 11.8 of fat in the one tablespoon.

I hope that helps:)

theBrokenMuse
what I meant about my tolerance for nuts, is that I have had binge eating issues in the past, and nuts was one of the foods I binged on the most, particularly nut butters.

I am glad to hear that you and others like HOKIE can easily eat 2 hand fuls! it makes me feel a lot better haha - it annoyed me how people often explaimed to me " gee, those 5 nuts were filling" ( when I was able to eat hanf fuls of them without feeling full!

I am glad that people can eat nuts by the hand ful! I only limit nuts to one large hanf ful or thereabouts, however; if I WANTED to, I can actually eat a 1400 calorie jar of almond butter or peanut butter, without vomiting!

That's so funny because I have always been flabbergasted when people can eat a few nuts and feel full. There are two foods that I could eat in huge quantities if I wanted to without feeling full and those are nuts (and I don't mean the honey roasted crap cause that's far too sugary but when I am around a bowl of shelled nuts I am so tempted to keep the cracker all to myself and keep on eating them. :lmao: I also have a wierd obsession with wasabi peas. I have actually finished off an entire container of those once while I was on the phone and not paying attention. I try not to keep them in the house because I just keep trying to reason myself into having just one more... not good how my mind works against me sometimes. :lmao:

All processed food is not complete. This means that your body is struggling to do anything with it. The food, on the other hand, it is easy to digest and use. So avoid all processed foods.

Processed is a vague term. That covers everything from cooking and blending to adding salt and sugar. Bread is a processed food. And while I agree that bread is bad for you, it is not because it is processed.

It's the additives like preservatives and other unhealthy ingredients or even an unnecessary amount of healthy ingredients like sodium and sucrose in store bought goods that make it unhealthy.

Sort of.... But..more generalizing. Some preservatives are good for you. Like citric acid. Sometimes unprocessed foods have more destructive force than "processed" foods.

You have to take these things on a case by case basis. The only real rule of thumb is if you can eat it raw, it shouldn't pose too much of a health risk in moderation. Doesn't mean you have to eat it raw. Everything else is going to have drawbacks; processed or unprocessed.

Heatemyheart89

I avoid sugar,wheat and artificial colours like the plague.I have a skin condition that's made worse by tomatoes and potatos too sucks!My boyfriend hates cheese,fish,tomatoes and pepper.I say I'm going to feed him cheese if he's naughty haha !

Now, I pretty much avoid fast food specifically the ones (M, BK, TB) are the only ones I can think of. But There are other places I will still go that might not be the best for me either:o

loverofloveandstuff
Let me tell you I am a regular exerciser and fitness is a key factor for me. So I have healthy and nutritious food. I do not have fast and over oily and spicy food as it will spoil my health. So beware of oily and spicy and unhygienic food.

What's wrong with spicy food?

courtneymaarshall

Your body needs all types of foods only in moderation. Completely cut is unhealthy. Portion control and healthy lifestyle is the key. But some products within each group are better than others. Fiber, which will fill you and keep you full longer so you do not want to reduce them, really, you should eat more of them, like fruits and vegetables and whole grains take place.

What's wrong with spicy food?

I love spicy. Unfortunately, recent evidence suggests capsicum may be contributer to gut permeability. Negatively effecting the villi of the small intestine and disrupting the tight junctions which keep gut lumen from entering the blood stream. Sad, I know.