The Ask Rashad About Islam Thread.

woman wear stupud scarfs

GH Smith is just an idiotic moronic troll. I would respectfully advise all who encounter him to completely ignore his posts, he's just flaming.

What TaraMaiden said is true :D

Hah! Not just an ugly face, ya see!

• Author
Something like that, I'm sure Rashad could quote.

And if you read the letter to America from Bin Laden, in there he lists all the injustices he believes are happening in the Middle East.

:(

:D

Quran 02:190

190. Fight in the way of Allah those who fight you but do not transgress. Indeed, Allah does not like transgressors.

Even though Osama may have listed some injustices commited by Americans in the middle east, his retaliation was not well directed. It says FIGHT THOSE WHO FIGHT YOU, Osama did not do that, he fought innocent people while they were busy doing their job and he killed innocent travelers. Osama is a transgressor and indeed Allah does not like transgressors.
  • Author
Hah! Not just an ugly face, ya see!

Lol, it gives me hope to see that some people are still willing to do their research before forming an opinion.

Even though Osama may have listed some injustices commited by Americans in the middle east, his retaliation was not well directed. It says FIGHT THOSE WHO FIGHT YOU, Osama did not do that, he fought innocent people while they were busy doing their job and he killed innocent travelers. Osama is a transgressor and indeed Allah does not like transgressors.

And the explanation for this for what I understand..

Is that America is a democracy, and if the people disagree with the actions of the gov they should have a say and stop it or else they they are supporting it and all are responsible.

Hello Rashad,

Cool Thread! That's great that you want to answer people's questions about Islam!

This question that i have is more what you personally think concerning Imam Fiesal please? I am a member of a Muslim forum that has people who consider Imam Fiesal to be not truly a Muslim. What do you think about this please?

Also, one of my main issues I don't understand about Islam is why do the Sunnis and Shias kill each other? :(

Thanks.

Peace

TaraMaiden,

What?! The face in your avatar isn't ugly at all! The face is jovial! :)

Yeah, TM's a cutie. Don't be decieved, she know it. Although that might be a picture of a young Pema Chodron!

What exactly do you mean by sharif and Casbah?

It's a joke, Bro, from a really old song. Please take no offense. I respect Islam. I'm a Catholic but I don't buy into the idea that there is no salvation outside the Church. I look at the true followers of the Prophet as my brothers in Christ, for both Jesus and Mohammed stood for exactly the same thing: Love Almighty God, and love thy neighbor as thyself. Why would I hate someone who believed just as I do?

• Author
And the explanation for this for what I understand..

Is that America is a democracy, and if the people disagree with the actions of the gov they should have a say and stop it or else they they are supporting it and all are responsible.

That's not how democracy works though, you only get to vote once every four years in the US, and within these four years the person you voted for could change from a saint to a devil. How are citizens to be blamed for that? Furthermore people actually do not know who they are voting for they just know what the media shows them and that can be deceiving. Lastly, the American public are seriously misinformed about Islam (no disrespect). So if Osama wanted to do good, with all the money he has he could have worked on informing the American public about Islam.

Osama has made life difficult for every living Muslim, he corrupted the image of Islam and made it repulsive and now we Muslims have a hard job proving our peaceful nature. There is no excuse for what he did!

• Author
Hello Rashad,

Cool Thread! That's great that you want to answer people's questions about Islam!

This question that i have is more what you personally think concerning Imam Fiesal please? I am a member of a Muslim forum that has people who consider Imam Fiesal to be not truly a Muslim. What do you think about this please?

I really don't know much about Imam Faisal, and it's not for me to decide whether a person is a believer or not, belief is something in the heart. Just because we disagree with other people it does not mean that we should call them disbelievers.

Quran 04:94

94. O you who have believed, when you go forth [to fight] in the cause of Allah, investigate; and do not say to one who gives you [a greeting of] peace, "You are not a believer," aspiring for the goods of worldly life; for with Allah are many acquisitions. You [yourselves] were like that before; then Allah conferred His favor [i.e., guidance] upon you, so investigate. Indeed Allah is ever, with what you do, Acquainted.

There you have it. The must you can say about a Muslim that you disagree with, is that they are misguided, their faith is Allah's business.

Also, one of my main issues I don't understand about Islam is why do the Sunnis and Shias kill each other? :(

Thanks.

Peace

Quran 23:52-54

52. And indeed this, your religion, is ONE religion, and I am your Lord, so fear Me."

53. But they [i.e., the people] divided their religion among them into portions [i.e., sects] – each faction, in what it has, rejoicing.

54. So leave them in their confusion for a time.

That's what the Quran says about division within Religion. Division did not come from Allah, but people divided religion for political reasons.

Now as to why I'm neither Sunni nor Shia...

Quran 30:31-32

31. [Adhere to Islam], turning in repentance to Him, and fear Him and establish prayer and do NOT be of those who associate others with Allah

32. [Or] of those who have divided their religion and become sects,every faction rejoicing in what it has.

I think the verses are clear.

From what I know about Shia, I'll speak of mainstream Shia because there are also fractions within. They believe that Imam Ali the cousin of the prophet PBUH and the first male to convert to Islam at a very young age (and person in my signature) should have ruled after the Prophet, they wanted the Islamic state to be a monarchy. They accuse Abubakr, Omar and Osman of denying Ali his right to be Muhammad's heir. Sunni's believe that Abubakr deserved the Khilafa (rule) He was the prophet's best friend and was in an appropriate age to rule, and that Ali was too young to rule. After Abubakr's death, Omar ruled by popular demand, Omar appointed 6 just people and asked them to select his successor from amongst them, Ali was one of the six, but Osman was chosen. Ali ruled after Osman.

Personally I admire them all, but imo Ali wasn't much of a politician, he was an eloquent speaker and a philosopher.

A Quote from Imam Ali

During civil disturbances adopt such an attitude that people do not attach any importance to you- They neither burden you with complicated affairs nor try to derive any advantages out of you.

Not a thing that a politician would do. imo.
  • Author
It's a joke, Bro, from a really old song. Please take no offense.

lol, non taken... I just tend to be pretty one directional when I'm up to something.. but I do appreciate humor :D

Islam suffers the same problems as Christianity. The spokespersons of Islam are not immune to putting their own slant on things, should they so wish to do.

Just as Christianity has seen manipulators and fear-mongers pulling the Doctrine strings and proclaiming their interpretation of matters as the true word of God, so has Islam been subjected to much "bad press" and mistreatment.

I knew this argument would be thrown up. Well, I don't see any modern-day Christians hijacking passenger jet planes and flying them into downtown office buildings on bright September mornings when people are running late to the office because they're VOTING their right to form their own government.

I wonder what the Quran says about "slaughter of the innocents." How many virgins with large eyes does one get for that?

That's what happens when people mix religion with their culture and some how justify the negative aspects of their culture by religion.

I live in the real world. It is impossible to separate the two. Do you know about Christmas?

... you'd rarely see an Arab play with his wife, the sad thing is that most non-Arab Muslims, instead of reading about the prophet and reading the Quran, they just decide to copy Arabs.

I don't know why this distinction is important? Most Muslims, whether they are Arab or not, do not treat women respectfully or equally. Nice dodge though. You didn't come close to answering my question.

• Author
I live in the real world. It is impossible to separate the two. Do you know about Christmas?

Its not for you to say what is and isn't possible.

Yes actually, I do... I know that the date wasn't mentioned in the bible, and that Orthodox Coptic celebrate it on a different date. I know that the 25th Coincide with many former pagan holidays, perhaps that's what you mean by we can't separate culture from religion.

I don't know why this distinction is important? Most Muslims, whether they are Arab or not, do not treat women respectfully or equally. Nice dodge though. You didn't come close to answering my question.

lol, you do not know MOST Muslims.

• Author
I knew this argument would be thrown up. Well, I don't see any modern-day Christians hijacking passenger jet planes and flying them into downtown office buildings on bright September mornings when people are running late to the office because they're VOTING their right to form their own government.

I wonder what the Quran says about "slaughter of the innocents." How many virgins with large eyes does one get for that?

I've actually condemned Osama and his actions, you should scroll up and read. And that's not just me trying to please anybody here, I have a verse (or two) from the Quran behind every opinion I share on this thread, which makes my opinions pretty much Islamic... whereas Osama and his fellow terrorist never use verses to back themselves up unless twisting them and taking them out of context... I quote FULL verse, together with their numbers so that everybody can verify it.

Quran 05:32

32. Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land– it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one– it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And Our messengers had certainly come to them withclear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors.

Quran 06:151

151. Say, "Come, I will recite what your Lord has prohibited to you. [He commands] that you not associate anything with Him, and to parents, good treatment, and do not kill your children out of poverty; We will provide for you and them. And do not approach immoralities – what is apparent of them and what is concealed. And do not kill the soul which Allah has forbidden [to be killed] except by [legal] right. This has He instructed you that you may use reason."

Quran 17:33

33. And do not kill the soul [i.e., person] which Allah has forbidden, except by right. And whoever is killed unjustly – We have given his heir authority, but let him not exceed limits in [the matter of] taking life. Indeed, he has been supported [by the law].

OMG! So for every so-called "Christian" who has slaughtered people, we should then decry all Christians? :rolleyes:

How 'bout the BTK killer? He was highly regarded in his Lutheran church. Granted, he didn't kill thousands of people (didn't have the resources), but the people he DID kill required one heinous act after another, planned over a long period of time, and he purposely made his victims suffer in HORRIBLE ways. And that's just one guy. There are many, I'm absolutely certain.

You know what I find REALLY interesting? All the people on LS who are creating threads, ranting and raving and claiming to know SO much about Muslims haven't made a single appearance in this one.

But I'm SO not surprised. :rolleyes:

I agree; this is a very interesting and informative thread. Thanks, Rashid, for your patience in answering all these questions and your thoughtful responses.

I have a very minor question that I've been wondering as I read - whenever you mention Mohammad you add PBUH afterward (I think) - what does that mean, out of curiosity?

• Author
I agree; this is a very interesting and informative thread. Thanks, Rashid, for your patience in answering all these questions and your thoughtful responses.

I have a very minor question that I've been wondering as I read - whenever you mention Mohammad you add PBUH afterward (I think) - what does that mean, out of curiosity?

Peace Be Upon Him... we say that after mentioning any prophet out of respect. Same applies for Jesus, Moses, Abraham and all of them.

Praise is due to Allah (GOD) ONLY.