Are Paternity Tests Insulting?

Face it Phineas. Guys who feel they may be lacking something need verification of their woman's faithfulness. They can't IMAGINE a woman actually being true to them. There may be something missing inside. ;)

I can imagine it.

I have to because I have yet to experiance it. :laugh:

but hey, i'm keeping the faith.

Yeah, what a GREAT relationship that would be. Skulking around behind your woman's back, thinking she's cheating on you while allowing her to think you actually love her. :sick:

nowomanocry
"But on the other hand, generally speaking, I feel that some nasty women are using this as a threat to the other party in order to cover their one-night stands eh?"

Yes, some nasty women are. And that's terrible and if you have reason to suspect your woman is that type, then a test should be demanded. but dont generalize and punish honest women because of what nasty women do. Like I said, i have been cheated on many times, but i wont assume my future boyfriend is a cheater just because of that.

"If you are so sure of yourself why running away from the paternity test and threatening bf/hubby with ending the relationship?"

so we are all guilty until proven innocent?

I think you men (not ALL men, just the posters defending this) have trust issues. maybe its because youve been cheated on before. if you met a woman you really genuinely trusted with no doubt in your mind, this would not be an issue for you.

Single -

At first, I never ever generalised this to all women - I think I made it clear by saying "some ....." so there is no need to get defensive over it. Likewise, I can say right away that men who blame every woman against the paternity test as bitches are idiots!

No one is guilty, everyone of us we are responsible of our own actions. This is not a crime... even when (some) women cheat in some cases her partner surely has done something wrong etc. Vice versa etc... anyway so there are many factors that has to be taken into consideration. Cheating is not a crime but something that would hurt your partner / lover / woteva. I think you are exaggerating a bit there :)...;)

To finish off, I know that there are lovely women out there who deserve wonderful relationship based on trust. A relationship full of love, friendship, tenderness, passion and lust ...

Basicaly this thread boils down to women being unhappy with anything other the blind faith. They treat having a baby like a religion and if I dare get a paternity test I'm going to hell.

Yeah, it seems that some women go bonkers at the thought of their man refusing to put blind faith in them, as you say. I guess they feel that they lose control when that happens. All of that stuff written here about leaving a man if he dared to do a paternity test is most likely just empty posturing but it's nevertheless revealing of how much disdain these women have for a man wanting an independent assurance.

From a paternity test laboratory site:

DNA Test Participants

In a standard DNA paternity test, the tested parties include a child, the alleged father, and the mother (called a trio).

The mother’s participation in the paternity test helps to exclude half of the child’s DNA, leaving the other half for comparison with the alleged father’s DNA. However, we can perform a paternity test without mother’s participation (called a motherless). A motherless test involves additional analysis, which DDC performs without any additional charge. Results are equally conclusive whether or not the mother participates. Motherless tests are guaranteed to have at least a 99.9% probability of paternity for inclusions and 100% for exclusion.

nowomanocry
Yes - UNTIL he asked for the paternity test. ;):laugh:

Asking women to have a paternity test is such a shame on us males lol...:cool:;)

• Author
Yeah, what a GREAT relationship that would be. Skulking around behind your woman's back, thinking she's cheating on you while allowing her to think you actually love her. :sick:

what ever, I told my gf how I feel about this and she is still with me. My gf is young, beautiful and has a great career... if she wanted to find another man it would be no trouble for her. Yet, here I find myself very much in a relationship with a girl I have explicitly told my policy to and not backed down from. hmmm. I'm not saying she was happy about what I said, I'm just saying she is still my gf... we are still having sex... and still togather.

• Like 1
nowomanocry
Wow, so much pent up anger :D And all because some guy wouldn't take her word for it.

By the way, the guy doesn't need your permission to do a paternity test, and it can be done without you ever knowing about it. So if you have any kids, there's a chance that they were "paternity tested" :D

Lol so true ...

But ssshhhhh Johnny .. don't wake Donna up ;) ;)

To finish off, I know that there are lovely women out there who deserve wonderful relationship based on trust. A relationship full of love, friendship, tenderness, passion and lust ...

And were you to find a woman you REALLY felt fit the above description, would you demand a paternity test of a child she bore for you?

Face it Phineas. Guys who feel they may be lacking something need verification of their woman's faithfulness. They can't IMAGINE a woman actually being true to them. There may be something missing inside. ;)

THAT is your argument?? Sure, I can imagine a woman being true to me. But you know what else I can imagine? A woman not being true to me. So I would suggest to you that it's the man who does not get a paternity test who has "something missing inside". That something is called a brain :D

what ever, I told my gf how I feel about this and she is still with me. My gf is young, beautiful and has a great career... if she wanted to find another man it would be no trouble for her. Yet, here I find myself very much in a relationship with a girl I have explicitly told my policy to and not backed down from. hmmm. I'm not saying she was happy about what I said, I'm just saying she is still my gf... we are still having sex... and still togather.

But you'll deceive her and keep her in the dark to stay in that relationship. Wonderful. Tell her your plans and that you absolutely intend on keeping that course, and let's see how long she hangs around. At least be THAT much of a man - be honest with her.

nowomanocry

Green...

If I were in your shoes I wouldn't be so sure about all going right at the moment lol ...

You have given her a great weapon now... Ready to be used..When the time comes.... Don't be surprised if she brings this up in your 1st future row from now lol ,) ;)

THAT is your argument?? Sure, I can imagine a woman being true to me. But you know what else I can imagine? A woman not being true to me. So I would suggest to you that it's the man who does not get a paternity test who has "something missing inside". That something is called a brain :D

So you wouldn't mind if your woman took your BVD's to be DNA tested every night then?

Why would anyone get married if you can't trust the person you're marrying? I wouldn't ask for any stupid PT unless I had a reasonable suspicion that my wife was cheating. I don't think a relationship as described by some of the posters, would be one worth having, so I'm with Donna on this issue..

So you wouldn't mind if your woman took your BVD's to be DNA tested every night then?

Love the straw man argument. A paternity test is not done to determine whether a woman has been faithful (that's just a side effect). The primary purpose is to determine whether the kid is yours and whether you should be responsible for raising him. How can you possibly compare a paternity test with asking your BF for a DNA test each time he goes out? Now you're just being ridiculous.

Why would anyone get married if you can't trust the person you're marrying? I wouldn't ask for any stupid PT unless I had a reasonable suspicion that my wife was cheating. I don't think a relationship as described by some of the posters, would be one worth having, so I'm with Donna on this issue..

Ummmm, you should check out the seperation & infidelity section.

Lots of people marry someone they fully trust who then cheats on them.

I'm one of them.

If i didn't trust my wife at the time I wouldn't of married her.

• Author
Green...

If I were in your shoes I wouldn't be so sure about all going right at the moment lol ...

You have given her a great weapon now... Ready to be used..When the time comes.... Don't be surprised if she brings this up in your 1st future row from now lol ,) ;)

1st future row, does that mean baby?

Seriously, It was a stupid argument. She knows the truth now, and she has more reason to leave me if she feels so strongly about it. If we break up I don't think it will be over this. If I ever get a paternity test, I will just do it and not bring it up... no point it only seems to insult women.

But you'll deceive her and keep her in the dark to stay in that relationship. Wonderful. Tell her your plans and that you absolutely intend on keeping that course, and let's see how long she hangs around. At least be THAT much of a man - be honest with her.

I have told her my plans. I also told her I don't plan on talking about it anymore.

Love the straw man argument. A paternity test is not done to determine whether a woman has been faithful (that's just a side effect). The primary purpose is to determine whether the kid is yours and whether you should be responsible for raising him. How can you possibly compare a paternity test with asking your BF for a DNA test each time he goes out? Now you're just being ridiculous.

I'm glad you showed up to this thread. Her argument doesn't make any sense considering the mother doesn't even have to be involved in the paternity test. The best was when another poster compared a paternity test to searching for weapons of mass destruction.

Love the straw man argument. A paternity test is not done to determine whether a woman has been faithful (that's just a side effect).

:confused:

I'm being ridiculous?! BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lmao:

You can try to spin this around and around, but it DOES come down to a determination whether your woman has been faithful or not. Unless, of course, there truly IS something such as "immaculate conception." :confused:

Why continue to argue with a woman? Go argue with Joe. He's a man. He should be on YOUR side. But he's NOT!

You can try to spin this around and around, but it DOES come down to a determination whether your woman has been faithful or not. Unless, of course, there truly IS something such as "immaculate conception." :confused:

Why continue to argue with a woman? Go argue with Joe. He's a man. He should be on YOUR side.

If cheating is not a concern then why get the test done in the first place?

again, it makes no sense.

Why continue to argue with a woman? Go argue with Joe. He's a man. He should be on YOUR side. But he's NOT!

So much emotion :D I love this board!

• Author

Why continue to argue with a woman? Go argue with Joe. He's a man. He should be on YOUR side.

So are you saying Jesus isn't real? Yes you are being ridiculous. The "BWAHAHA...." was over the top and thats alot of exclamation marks

nowomanocry
And were you to find a woman you REALLY felt fit the above description, would you demand a paternity test of a child she bore for you?

My LDR girlfriend had 4 kids from her previous bloke - I loved the kids as much as I was in love with her, treated them like my own - her blood and flesh, how can you discriminate? Would that be an answer to your question....

She was ready to give me kids despite she already had 4... spent all her life since 16 raising kids. She was working her ass off to earn the money to be my sponsor, dealing with 4 kids, doing all the housework, picking our daugther up from school etc. She finally got sick and social workers had to take care of the kids whileas I couldn't be there because of all that visa shiat

What happened? Well, she was on min. wage, and I wasn't rich either so we had to take that god damn decision of letting it go... She said you dump me.. I said no you go ahead - *** the maternity test, I would give the world to be with her now

nowomanocry

No

but honestly me always fear of hospital mixing babies so I would make sure I am there and label my kid with something lol

My LDR girlfriend had 4 kids from her previous bloke - I loved the kids as much as I was in love with her, treated them like my own - her blood and flesh, how can you discriminate? Would that be an answer to your question....

She was ready to give me kids despite she already had 4... spent all her life since 16 raising kids. She was working her ass off to earn the money to be my sponsor, dealing with 4 kids, doing all the housework, picking our daugther up from school etc. She finally got sick and social workers had to take care of the kids whileas I couldn't be there because of all that visa shiat

What happened? Well, she was on min. wage, and I wasn't rich either so we had to take that god damn decision of letting it go... She said you dump me.. I said no you go ahead - *** the maternity test, I would give the world to be with her now

Ahhh, I'm sorry man. :(

Don't stop letting love find you though, okay?