I nailed it baby!!!!!!

LB, your anxious for an update from the company still?

just keep yourself busy around the house...

... damn you're starting to make me stress about your job!

• Author
LB, your anxious for an update from the company still?

Yeah, the guy told me he would probably call today so I'm going a little nuts waiting!!! I need a job sooo bad. I do have the backup job though which I'm supposed to hear about on Monday if I don't get this. But this is my first choice.

curiousnycgirl
Yeah I know! The G-20 summitt thing is here so they blocked off half the city. Unfortunately there aren't too many places to go but I definately have to find somewhere especially since fiance went to D.C. for an accounting conference. Ugh!!!!

You're in NY? Why did I think you were in PA?

• Author
You're in NY? Why did I think you were in PA?

I am in PA. They are having the G-20 Summit in our city and all these roads are blocked off all over the place.

curiousnycgirl

IC - well I can totally relate - look at what's going on at the UN!

We are all keeping our fingers crossed for you today LB!

Yes, good luck LB!

One thing that sometimes happens, is that emergencies can strike at the worst possible time or getting everyone to agree on a candidate is like herding cats. With this in mind, even though decision day is today, don't be too, too surprised, if the decision gets delayed.

Yes, good luck LB!

One thing that sometimes happens, is that emergencies can strike at the worst possible time or getting everyone to agree on a candidate is like herding cats. With this in mind, even though decision day is today, don't be too, too surprised, if the decision gets delayed.

Herding cats! :lmao::lmao:

That is so true in many aspects, determining 1st and 2nd candidates and moving the process forward. We usually contact then give the offered candidate a weekend to decide, so there is some decision delay that can happen.

Anyway, good luck.

• Author
Yes, good luck LB!

Yeah, fiance said the same thing. Especially with the G-20 Summit, not a lot of people are at work today, tommorrow, or Friday. I don't know if it is fully this guy's decision either, he is the program director of the place, but I think other people's input goes into the hiring also.

Thanks for everyone's support though!

And don't read too much into when or if he calls today.

To him it is just another line on his To Do List.

• Author
And don't read too much into when or if he calls today.

To him it is just another line on his To Do List.

Yes, you are probably right. I'm trying to watch tv and read to get my mind off of it. Of course it had to rain today so spending time outside is not an option. :(

• Author
:(

There's another gig out there, LB. Just keep lookin'! :bunny:

Yeah I know. I already got rejected twice though, what if nobody hires me? :eek:

Sorry to hear this Lb. :(

Did you ask this guy why you didn't get the job? Sometimes they'll tell you why, which might help you in your continued job search.

• Author
Sorry to hear this Lb. :(

Did you ask this guy why you didn't get the job? Sometimes they'll tell you why, which might help you in your continued job search.

Well, he emailed me. I could email him back but I doubt he will respond to me. :(

Maybe I should just call Giant Eagle and ask to start working. The other interview people told me they would get back to me on Monday but who knows.

Yeah I know. I already got rejected twice though, what if nobody hires me? :eek:

Don't be a negative Nancy or that's exactly what will happen.

This job just wasn't the right fit, that's all. Like a relationship. You'll find one that is just right for you. :)

I know you said you and your fiance aren't in danger of running out of money, but in the interim you might want to consider other jobs just for a small income... even retail. The seasonal work is about to start up, AND you'll get a major discount! Just a thought. :)

• Author
Don't be a negative Nancy or that's exactly what will happen.

This job just wasn't the right fit, that's all. Like a relationship. You'll find one that is just right for you. :)

I know you said you and your fiance aren't in danger of running out of money, but in the interim you might want to consider other jobs just for a small income... even retail. The seasonal work is about to start up, AND you'll get a major discount! Just a thought. :)

Thanks. I might just try to go back to Giant Eagle (grocery store) where I worked while I was in college. I already talked to them when I first lost my job and they said they would hire me back as a cashier. So I might just call them and try to get working again. It would be some money at least and something for me to do in the meantime. It's also flexible so I can request off for interviews.

Ok, I was wondering what the heck the Giant Eagle was !!!

That sounds like a good idea, will keep you busy and bring in a bit of cash.

Believe me, this job market is so tight it squeeks !

My current roomate and I have owned a few of our own businesses, and worked in professional jobs and we are going so crazy with boredom and frustration in our job searches, I think we BOTH would be happy to work at the Giant Eagle for awhile !!!

Thanks. I might just try to go back to Giant Eagle (grocery store) where I worked while I was in college. I already talked to them when I first lost my job and they said they would hire me back as a cashier. So I might just call them and try to get working again. It would be some money at least and something for me to do in the meantime. It's also flexible so I can request off for interviews.

That sounds ideal - go for it!

Well, he emailed me. I could email him back but I doubt he will respond to me. :(

Maybe I should just call Giant Eagle and ask to start working. The other interview people told me they would get back to me on Monday but who knows.

He might, he might not. It's up to you if you want to take the chance or not.

The idea of a job to tide you over this blip, is a good idea, since they're flexible about time.

Also, bringing in some income can give you time to be more selective about the type of job you're willing to take.

Good luck with the Monday thing. :)

curiousnycgirl

Aww LB I'm sorry - but I agree with what everyone else said. You'll get through this! We're all pulling for you!

• Author

Thanks guys! The support means a lot. :)

I'm just starting to feel worse and worse the longer I am out of work. It's taken a huge hit to my self esteem. My fiance is extremely supportive though, he is always saying that we are a team and will get through it together.

I'm happy that your fiance is being so supportive! :)

I know it's easier said than done, but try not to take it personally. I know it's not your first choice, but getting a position at Giant Eagle will make you feel better about these circumstances and enable you to pick the right job at the right place with the right environment, rather than just jumping at the first offer.

Does your college/university have an alumni association/career center that could help you?

• Author
I'm happy that your fiance is being so supportive! :)

I know it's easier said than done, but try not to take it personally. I know it's not your first choice, but getting a position at Giant Eagle will make you feel better about these circumstances and enable you to pick the right job at the right place with the right environment, rather than just jumping at the first offer.

Does your college/university have an alumni association/career center that could help you?

Hmm, there may be something like that although I live an 2 hours away from where I went to college now. My uncle suggested I try to get a state job as they pay higher and the benefits are better. I signed up to take a civil service test on Monday to try and find something.

Sorry to hear about recent developments LB, but don't let it get you down- there is a job out there for you, you aren't unemployable.

You need to keep your confidence up otherwise it will start to show through in any subsequent interviews you may have.

I think the Giant Eagle idea is a good one- it will give you some income, and occupy your time, so that you aren't sitting at home worrying all the time about your job situation.

Be patient little one! :) things will work out...