I nailed it baby!!!!!!

• Author
Lauriebell82

Great, so now I have a soar throat. Ugh!!!!

Oh btw, I had something to run by everyone.

The job description says that it requires a masters degree and two years experience in an inpatient or related setting. I have never worked in inpatient directly and it doesn't say so on my resume. I guess she didn't have an issue with that since she is still asking for an interview. I hope that isn't held against me...

Edited by Lauriebell82
Rollercoasterr

If it didn't say so on your resume and she didn't mention it when scheduling a meeting my guess would be that you have sufficient enough experience elsewhere for them to want to give you an interview. Not to say that this wont come up in the actual interview itself, but for now you got the chance.

Good luck, LB.

• Author
Lauriebell82
If it didn't say so on your resume and she didn't mention it when scheduling a meeting my guess would be that you have sufficient enough experience elsewhere for them to want to give you an interview. Not to say that this wont come up in the actual interview itself, but for now you got the chance.

Good luck, LB.

Thanks!!!

I was thinking about capitalizing on the work I have done indirectly with case management and referrels for inpatient therapy trhough the other places I have worked They focus on this certain kind of therapy that I really enjoy doing so I am going to try and talk about my experience with it.

Thanks!!!

I was thinking about capitalizing on the work I have done indirectly with case management and referrels for inpatient therapy trhough the other places I have worked They focus on this certain kind of therapy that I really enjoy doing so I am going to try and talk about my experience with it.

Good idea. Also, demonstrate how your experience will be helpful and applicable in inpatient therapy.

Often employers overlook the lack of specific experience for the right candidate.

• Author
Lauriebell82

I have a really bad cold now..great. :mad: I guess I am going to have to call the lady tommorrow and reschedule if I don't feel better by then. I can't really go in there coughing and sniffling. Is it unprofessional to reschedule an interview? She said she was doing them on Tuesday as well so maybe I can reschedule the interview then.

Hmm. This is a tough one.

On one hand, if its just a cold, you could impress them by showing your dedication to getting the job by turning up.

On the other, most hospitals and health care units at the moment would prefer it if people with colds stay away from them to prevent cross infection (part of the swine flu concerns), so if thats the case then it more professional to reschedule the interview. (esp as they are also doing them on tues)

Give them a call- tell them you are unwell, and ask them what their policy is regarding this, and ask if it would be possible to reschedule for Tuesday- I don't think this is unprofessional at all.

Like SB suggested, I'd call and let them know how you're feeling and kinda put the decision on them. If it's an office environment, and it's just her, maybe she'll still want to see you.

I know my old boss would have appreciated knowing that a candidate WHO HAD WHOOPING COUGH was sick before she came in... :laugh:

Good luck, LB. This one sounds promising - think good thoughts! :)

• Author
Lauriebell82
Like SB suggested, I'd call and let them know how you're feeling and kinda put the decision on them. If it's an office environment, and it's just her, maybe she'll still want to see you.

I know my old boss would have appreciated knowing that a candidate WHO HAD WHOOPING COUGH was sick before she came in... :laugh:

Good luck, LB. This one sounds promising - think good thoughts! :)

Thanks! I am actually feeling better so I think I'll be able to go. I'm reshearsing questions so I can really do well at this interview. This would be a good position and it would get me back into the field. The best part is that I can just say I want to get back into mental health and I don't even have to say anything about it "not being a good fit" or anything like that. I think that may be making me look bad...

Rollercoasterr

I would be afraid that if you said your previous job "wasn't a good fit" that your (maybe)future employer would think that you're just job hopping to find "the one that fits". That would be scary to me if I were your potential boss because who wants to waste time and money on someone who would leave the company when they found the better, and more fitting job?

I'd just go ahead and say you want to get back in the medical field like you said. That way you don't look like a flaky job-hopper type and it shows that you know what you want to do in life.

I know my employer loves hearing that someone has a family and/or getting married because that means they'll be a good worker since they can't afford not to be! It was funny when I bought my new car because our regional boss was talking to me about it and when he found out it was brand new he said he was happy because I had a good car now and because it meant I'd be with the company until I paid it off. Probably a little too much info for the first interview but don't forget to let them know that you'll bust your butt working for them!

• Author

Okay so I went to the interview. It went pretty well. She asked me why I left my job PRIOR to finding a new one. That kind of threw me so I just said real quick that it wasn't working out and I wanted to get out of addictions treatment. She didn't press for more details THANK GOODNESS. But who knows, that still might have looked fishy. The background check is pretty extensive that they are going to do but I'm not very suprised. Ugh, I hope I can get this job!

To success! Hope you did get the job with all the ppl that have lost their own. Better to be optimistic about it, however. :)

• Author

Thanks guys! She said she would get back to me when everything is processed, they have to do a criminal background check and child abuse clearance BEFORE they can even offer me a job. My fiance said I filled out the applications (it was extensive, like I said) well, so hopefully I will get an offer. She said that there is actually two therapist positions open so that will help as well. She didn't say she had anyone else to interview, although she probably does.

Keep your fingers crossed!!!!

• Author
She had you fill things out after the interview?? If so that's great news :)

Yeah, I'm nervous about them finding out I was fired though. I know that my employer could legally tell them I got fired but I don't know if they would take that chance. On the application it asks if you have been involuntarily terminated but doesn't ask about what job or what the circumstances are. I checked yes. I didn't tell them I got fired from my job though, I phrased it like it wasn't working out and I was wasn't satisfied with the job. I hope that will be okay...

Yeah, I'm nervous about them finding out I was fired though. I know that my employer could legally tell them I got fired but I don't know if they would take that chance.

Since you phrased it as you did on your app, the only problem you may have is if they ask the former employer if it is as you wrote it. If they say no, then you might have a problem.

Most former employers do not want to get involved with their former employees' lives. It just isn't worth it.

• Author
Since you phrased it as you did on your app, the only problem you may have is if they ask the former employer if it is as you wrote it. If they say no, then you might have a problem.

Most former employers do not want to get involved with their former employees' lives. It just isn't worth it.

Yeah..this is just terrible. Fiance and I are continuing to argue about it constantly. He says I should be over the whole thing after 6 weeks. :(

Were you FIRED LB? I thought you were let go because of other reasons, closer to a lay off than being fired.

Either way, don't worry about it. If they had you fill out an application and a consent for a background check it means they're very interested in you.

If you did get fired-fired it's not the end of the world. Many people out there have been fired, then gone on to great jobs. Getting fired from a job doesn't mean you aren't a desirable candidate or won't get another job.

Yeah..this is just terrible. Fiance and I are continuing to argue about it constantly. He says I should be over the whole thing after 6 weeks. :(

Has it been that long?

Either way, your fiance isn't being supportive. It's all talk, no walk, on his part. :mad:

Were you FIRED LB? I thought you were let go because of other reasons, closer to a lay off than being fired.

Either way, don't worry about it. If they had you fill out an application and a consent for a background check it means they're very interested in you.

If you did get fired-fired it's not the end of the world. Many people out there have been fired, then gone on to great jobs. Getting fired from a job doesn't mean you aren't a desirable candidate or won't get another job.

Yes, she was fired. And I agree with all your other points. :)

• Author

Well, I was fired but not for a bad or problematic reason. It's confusing, I don't even understand it myself. I was good at my job. My bosses just hated me and wanted to get rid of me so they found anything they could to get rid of me. I'm actually not even sure of the reason, they were extremely vague. That's why when it comes to the interview I don't even know what to say because I don't know why.

That's what makes this so hard, I have no idea what my work would even say about me. My fiance thinks I should call my old boss and find out what he is telling employers. (that's what we have been arguing about) I don't think that is going to help though, he could very well lie to me and tell me that he is giving me a good review and not actually do so.

I'm confused, is my work having something to do with the fact that I can't find a job? I don't know...:confused:

Get your BF to ring your ex-boss and say he's am potential employer.

Get your BF to ring your ex-boss and say he's am potential employer.

That is the PERFECT solution! Or if your bf wont do it then get a friend to! Give me the number and I will do it and say you are in England now lol

LB I hope this does not cause too many probs with your fiance, that would be horrible as you are under stress as it is without him adding to it!

• Author
That is the PERFECT solution! Or if your bf wont do it then get a friend to! Give me the number and I will do it and say you are in England now lol

LB I hope this does not cause too many probs with your fiance, that would be horrible as you are under stress as it is without him adding to it!

Yeah, that was his idea too but he is upset now from our fight and he doesn't want to do it for fear that we will get in another fight about it. I was thinking about getting a friend to do it though. It's a small company so I have a feeling that they don't want to be sued, so I'm guessing they say as little as possible.

I hope it doesn't cause too many problems either, it's hard on both of us.