To many women/girls are over-weight.

this thread is funny. yeah there are too many fat people. they should do something about it. there isnt an accuse for being fat. just eat healthier food less of it. start some exercise and maintain a healthy body weight.

my dad is over weight and he is down the gym everyday now losing the pounds. i really hope he reaches his goal. and i will help him as much as possible in terms of meals and the right things to eat and motivation.

and who ever said the comment about the dating scene where the girl will put average, they tend to be the ones who could do with losing a few pounds...

and also, everyone does have a six pack its just hidden under most peoples flab.

i have a six pack, and its because i exercise and have less than 8% body fat.

just think more people should go to a gym and see it as an essential tool to life.

Let's face it, the person who started this thread is just concerned about looks. So are most of the people who replied in agreement. The fact that he only mentioned women and thinks that the main drawback of such a 'social problem' is his narrowed dating pool.. LMFAO!

Anyone who bashes fat people for being unhealthy had damn well better make sure that they:

1. NEVER overindulge in alcohol.

2. NEVER smoke, or stay in places where people smoke regularly.

3. Only eat natural food without any additives/preservatives/insecticides/hormone injections/etc.

4. Stay far away from air-polluted areas (streets, factory areas...)

5. Work out everyday.

Then, you have the right to throw a stone.

I am thin. But I do not work out, I don't give a damn about what my food contains, and my area has very high air pollution. Lots of overweight women would be healthier than me.

FleshNBones
Let's Anyone who bashes fat people for being unhealthy had damn well better make sure that they:

1. NEVER overindulge in alcohol.

2. NEVER smoke, or stay in places where people smoke regularly.

3. Only eat natural food without any additives/preservatives/insecticides/hormone injections/etc.

4. Stay far away from air-polluted areas (streets, factory areas...)

5. Work out everyday.

Then, you have the right to throw a stone.

Fat people also tend to be unhealthy liars. I will gladly throw heavy stones, and bury those liars.

1. There is no nutritional need for alcohol, and claims for its benefits are dubies at best.

2. For heaven's sake, STOP SMOKING. It is the only product that will kill you when used properly.

3. Eating good food is easy. Stay away from resturaunts, and fast food. The secret to fine cuisine and fast food is the high saturated and trans fat content. To make matters worse, the portion size is usually too big, and the nutritional content is crap. Do your own cooking, and buy fruits, vegetables, pasta, cereals, and so on. This means no cookies, no cake, and absolutely no candy.

4. Pollution varies from time to time, and from place to place. Go to a park or somewhere like that.

5. 3-4x a week would give you the maximum return. Walking is inadequate. You should be SWEATing, and SWEATing a lot. If you do not sweat while you are working out, you are not working out.

Fat people also tend to be unhealthy liars. I will gladly throw heavy stones, and bury those liars.

1. There is no nutritional need for alcohol, and claims for its benefits are dubies at best.

2. For heaven's sake, STOP SMOKING. It is the only product that will kill you when used properly.

Not true. A gun pointed toward you, used properly, will also kill you. Same for a well oiled guillotine.

3. Eating good food is easy. Stay away from resturaunts, and fast food. The secret to fine cuisine and fast food is the high saturated and trans fat content. To make matters worse, the portion size is usually too big, and the nutritional content is crap. Do your own cooking, and buy fruits, vegetables, pasta, cereals, and so on. This means no cookies, no cake, and absolutely no candy.

4. Pollution varies from time to time, and from place to place. Go to a park or somewhere like that.

5. 3-4x a week would give you the maximum return. Walking is inadequate. You should be SWEATing, and SWEATing a lot. If you do not sweat while you are working out, you are not working out.

I'd like to add that drinking water can have tremendous benefits as well. It helps you feel full and helps your metabolism a bit. And it's no calories.

Many years ago I was heavy, the weight crept on gradually after having kids

and doing a lot of rotating shift work which screwed up my sleep cycles.

I began my journey back to a normal weight gradually by incorporating small

changes into my life.. I gave up sugar in my coffee and butter/margarine.. seems laughable right? wrong working shifts meant I probably drank 10 cups of coffee a day.. no sugar meant a nice reduction in calories, no butter knocked a couple hundred more off the day's total. Because I was heavy I felt too embarrassed to go to a health club.. I begin taking my children on a walk each evening after dinner 1/2 hour to the park and 1/2 hour back.

Over time I steadily lost small amounts of weight each week, encouraged by this, I started doing things like eliminating white flour from my diet, I bought a metal steamer that fit into a saucepan and started steaming veggies. I reduced consumption of red meat to max twice a week. I stopped drinking diet sodas and started drinking water. I bought a GOOD bike and started riding everywhere on it,even back and forth to work. I allowed myself a "cheat day" each week.

It took about 18 months but my dress size dropped back into the single digits and has stayed there for close to 10 years. Yes, I do love cake,cookies and chocolate but have learned to eat these things in moderation and I've learned that one REALLY good piece of home baked cake beats out a twinkie

or overly processed sweet every time and I've learned to adapt favorite recipes to lower calorie,lower fat versions. I've also learned that for me, varying my exercise and my calorie intake helps keep

Making small but meaningful lifestyle changes helped me in ways that a strict,spartan diet never could.

SpanksTheMonkey

quote]

Your a very insecure person arnt you? I bet those very heavy stones in your pockets really weigh you down in life? Prob more then my weight dose me! you have a nice day now :D

wow this is a very intense thread. no surprise, its a touchy subject. I think that obesity really depends on the person. unless we're talking about child obesity then it's the parents fault. People just aren't motivated enough to go exercise, its ridiculous.

Yeah, it's very depressing. Men or women, fatness is unatractive :(. I've never been overweight, so I can't really emphatise with what it feels to overweight. I'm sure it's not pleasant. But, the core of the problem is very simple: if you ingest more calories than you burn, you will get fat - your body does the math for you. It does not matter what exactly you eat, even if it is crap (there have been clinical studies). As long as you reduce your calorie intake and exercise you will reach healthy weight eventually, even if it is a year or two.

So yes, it is unattractive, and no - i have no sympathy. Being fat is not that much different from being a smoker IMO - you're probably aware of what are you doing to yourself, but keep doing it anyway...

The problem is that it is probably entangled with some psychological issues. Like you probably can't just tell a depressed person to cheer up. But still, it seems that the variables involved are very simple and completely within a person's control.

I've never been overweight.

yes, it is unattractive, and no - i have no sympathy

Interesting how you can spout off about a subject you personaly have no knowledge of...it's called ignorance.

Many people gain weight due to thyroid disorders.

Weight gain is also a side-effect of many common prescription medications.

What if it were someone in your own family who has this medical problem?

Would you then at least have some sympathy?

Interesting how you can spout off about a subject you personaly have no knowledge of...it's called ignorance.

Many people gain weight due to thyroid disorders.

Weight gain is also a side-effect of many common prescription medications.

What if it were someone in your own family who has this medical problem?

Would you then at least have some sympathy?

Yes, but theres weight gain, and then theres WEIGHT GAIN.

Most prescription meds that have weight gain as a side effect cause you to gain a few kilos, not become obese, otherwise thats counterproductive. Why would you take something to improve your health if it was going to make you unhealthy in another way?

Thyroid problems can be managed reasonably well before people get to the stage where they are obese- thyroxine is a pretty common medication and most people I see in my job who take it aren't obese..

bentnotbroken
Yes, but theres weight gain, and then theres WEIGHT GAIN.

Most prescription meds that have weight gain as a side effect cause you to gain a few kilos, not become obese, otherwise thats counterproductive. Why would you take something to improve your health if it was going to make you unhealthy in another way?

Thyroid problems can be managed reasonably well before people get to the stage where they are obese- thyroxine is a pretty common medication and most people I see in my job who take it aren't obese..

Speaking as someone who has had a thyroid problem for over 15 years. The meds don't always work the same way for everyone. It depends on several factors. Believe it or not, some races respond to certain medications differently than others. Some meds interact with other drugs you may be on. The genetic factor, though that can be controlled to an extent. Women naturally have more fact than mean, and contrary to popular belief, we don't ever get rid of fat cells without the benefit of lipo.

We can shrink the size of the cells but they are always there and are subject to change because of a number of factors. Hormones, menstrual, perimenopause, menopause, hormones due to stress and age.

While I don't believe that everyone who is overweight is healthy or even attractive, I could say the same about people with absolutely no weight issues. Some cultures think slim people are ill and large women beautiful. It is all in the eye of the beholder. Since over weight people are a tremendous percent of the population, it appears that if one has a problem with them, they may as well get used to it.

Since so many have pointed it out, I decided to take a quick view of the male forms in the mall a couple of days ago. What I saw was shocking. Bald, belly overhang, no azz, not clean shaven, some with an azz in the front and the back......all those men:rolleyes:They have just let themselves go and shrunk my potential dating pool:o

I also have a problem with people who test lower than I do on an I.Q. test.:cool:

sb129...

no no - I wasn't talking about obesity.

I was responding to the OP's statement regarding overweight women/girls.

There can be medical reasons for weight gain.

Even quitting smoking can really pack on the pounds.

Just saying.....

sb129...

no no - I wasn't talking about obesity.

I was responding to the OP's statement regarding overweight women/girls.

There can be medical reasons for weight gain.

Even quitting smoking can really pack on the pounds.

Just saying.....

tell me about it!

I am pregnant. Now THERES a reason (and then some!) for weight gain. :cool:

And strangely enough, my husband luuurves my royal fatness (which is good because i am only going to get bigger!). So BNB, you are right about beauty being in the eye of the beholder.

Weight gain is also common for those who suffer from great depression like myself who is type II bipolar.

Those who are being ignorant about fat people need to STFU. It's true that some whine to make excuses, but some have genuine problems with it. Everyone struggles with something differently. Apparently fleshnbones suffers from arrogant bigotry.

• 2 weeks later...
FleshNBones
Weight gain is also common for those who suffer from great depression like myself who is type II bipolar.

Those who are being ignorant about fat people need to STFU. It's true that some whine to make excuses, but some have genuine problems with it. Everyone struggles with something differently. Apparently fleshnbones suffers from arrogant bigotry.

The great depression was in the 1930s.

I was about 20 lbs overweight. I didn't get depressed or pity myself. I didn't go on a reduced calorie diet. I laughed, called myself jelly belly, and then started working out. The weight came off immediately.

I treated it like a business plan instead of an emotional trip. I went as far as documenting my progress, and planning for the next few years.

I think weight loss is easy for healthy people who are serious about it. Serious (I empahsize serious) health problems should be taken care of with a doctor. If possible, get off the drugs, and get your ass out there.

• 1 month later...

Problem with your original post is that "overweight" does not always equal "unhealthy". Judging by your post, you are probably the typical young man who wants a size 2 Victoria's Secret model lookalike.

Here are the problems with that:

1. Victoria's Secret models are myths. They are ALL airbrushed. If you saw their actual pictures, you would be surprised.

2. Skinny does not equal healthy. I know men AND women who are what society says they should be -- thin. But they have no muscle mass, i.e. they are more body fat than muscle, despite the fact that they are skinny. Additionally, I know women who are slightly overweight, i.e. sizes 14 to even sizes 18 or 20 who are just naturally larger women; however they have run half marathons or done triathlons, or they play on kickball or softball leagues, etc. They are healthier than a lot of my "skinny" friends.

3. If you are only looking for a "non fat" woman, then have at it. I guess it doesn't matter to you if the woman is also a good person, hard worker, successful, kind, smart, ambitious, etc. If she is fat or overweight, I guess nothing else matters.

The great depression was in the 1930s.

I was about 20 lbs overweight. I didn't get depressed or pity myself. I didn't go on a reduced calorie diet. I laughed, called myself jelly belly, and then started working out. The weight came off immediately.

I treated it like a business plan instead of an emotional trip. I went as far as documenting my progress, and planning for the next few years.

I think weight loss is easy for healthy people who are serious about it. Serious (I empahsize serious) health problems should be taken care of with a doctor. If possible, get off the drugs, and get your ass out there.

Weight doesn't just "come off" for most people. If it does for you, consider yourself seriously lucky.

Thanks so VERY much. It is a true honor to have finally met Jesus, a true perfect person. SO kind of you to grace our measly little forum here.

FleshNBones
Problem with your original post is that "overweight" does not always equal "unhealthy". Judging by your post, you are probably the typical young man who wants a size 2 Victoria's Secret model lookalike.

1. Victoria's Secret models are myths. They are ALL airbrushed. If you saw their actual pictures, you would be surprised.

2. Skinny does not equal healthy. I know men AND women who are what society says they should be -- thin. But they have no muscle mass, i.e. they are more body fat than muscle, despite the fact that they are skinny. Additionally, I know women who are slightly overweight, i.e. sizes 14 to even sizes 18 or 20 who are just naturally larger women; however they have run half marathons or done triathlons, or they play on kickball or softball leagues, etc. They are healthier than a lot of my "skinny" friends.

3. If you are only looking for a "non fat" woman, then have at it. I guess it doesn't matter to you if the woman is also a good person, hard worker, successful, kind, smart, ambitious, etc. If she is fat or overweight, I guess nothing else matters.

I have no interest in models. What I don't like is dead weight and stragglers. I would rather do something than watch someone else do it.

Any woman in my life who won't keep up with me will be a hinderance. The last thing I want is some woman clipping my wings while I'm in my prime.

Feel free to tout the saving grace of being fat, but you are only fooling yourself.

.... you are probably the typical young man who wants a size 2 Victoria's Secret model lookalike.

I'm dating a girl who is a size 0, and she feels real to *me*.

2. Skinny does not equal healthy.

But obese does equal unhealthy.

Sure, and I want a blue car, but I don't care about ANYTHING else. What a dumb line of reasoning.

shadowplay
op, your premise is disturbing. It's one thing to want people to lose weight due to health concerns and entirely something else to get uptight about what you perceive are heavy individuals, creating a smaller dating pool for you. That's a megalomaniac approach to life.

"i wish every single man i met was single, drop-dead gorgeous, with an iq of einstein and the sense of humor of a stand-up comedian. This would increase the size of my dating pool. You all need to hear the truth, that you don't meet up to my standards!".

lol............

I don't get it either. If you like thin women, don't date the chubbies, but why get so indignant about their existence? What does it matter to you?

lol............

I don't get it either. If you like thin women, don't date the chubbies, but why get so indignant about their existence? What does it matter to you?

I think that at the extreme end of the spectrum, there are guys who talk about wanting women who are thin because they regard that as healthy....but whose notion of "proper" slimness is one that can generally only be fulfilled by a diet/exercise regime that's too punishing to be healthy in the long term. Barking at the moon over the existence of overweight women is one way of giving those who aren't "hopeless cases" a kick-in-the-pants reminder not to dig into that tub of ice-cream. Especially not when rice cakes and tuna in brine are readily available.

One of the instructors at my gym is like that. In small doses, I suppose find his critical-sounding "you could lose another stone and still not be anorexic or unhealthy" motivating - albeit in a negative way. I can't imagine the hell of actually being romantically involved with a guy like that. A joyless routine of dry ryvita, plain fish, boiled potatoes and exercising like a lunatic. However much men who take a Third Reich approach to the subject of overweight women talk about the virtues of a well-balanced diet and exercise regime, the model they're holding up as being ideal (clv has thrown us girls the size zero hint here) doesn't generally get that way through normal, healthy - or fun - channels.

Feel free to tout the saving grace of being fat, but you are only fooling yourself.

Why are you so sure about that? I think she's talking from a female perspective which you may not have much understanding of. One that could, for all you know, have been borne of negative experiences with men who are somewhat controlling when it comes to keeping the women in their lives at a certain weight and bodyfat ration.

"Healthy" isn't just a physical thing. It's also an emotional one. If a woman is slim and toned as a result of being terribly insecure and constantly seeking scraps of approval from generally disapproving men, then that's not psychologically healthy.

Which might not seem to matter to a man who has only a shallow interest in the woman; one which doesn't really extend beyond how she looks. It will, however, matter a lot to a man who actually falls in love with her, is serious about making a relationship with her work....and who (if faced with a choice) would rather be with a woman who's ten pounds overweight because she enjoys dessert and doesn't feel like saying no to it, than some neurotic who stares at a plate of chocolate mousse with a horrified and frightened expression, as though eating it would be a capital offence.

I fully agree that when someone comes equipped with rolls of fat, and follows an eating plan that Elvis would have struggled to keep up with, then that speaks of poor health - both physical and psychological. But what you should remember, when you're berating women on this board for being "fat" is that you haven't met them. You don't know what their perception of "fat" actually is. For all you know, she might be a perfectly healthy weight - but have skewed beliefs about this just not being good enough.

FleshNBones
Thanks so VERY much. It is a true honor to have finally met Jesus, a true perfect person. SO kind of you to grace our measly little forum here.
You are so very welcome. Sometimes people like that are so hopeless that I can't knock them out of complacency even with a baseball bat.