How to Handle an Ex-friend

Trialbyfire

I don't think it's classless. I see two people who were close friends, and are now with hurt feelings and are emotional right now.

Instead of putting them down, just be supportive and hope that in time they can work it out, enough that a common basic respect can be reached.

What's classless is the pot-shots being taken along the way by some other posters. It's like drawing lines in the sand and saying I'M ON THIS SIDE.

I totally agree. We're watching an emotional struggle right now, and the snide remarks that are transparently against either poster aren't helping anyone.

In addition, whether it was a good idea or not to start the thread is an issue that's long since passed. At present, Trial has made it abundantly clear she does not want Touche to communicate to her in her threads. Why Touche seems hell bent on doing so regardless of Trial's desires seems a bit odd to me at this point. It's alot like repeatedly saying, "Please leave me alone," only to have the other person say, "No. I'm going to sit right here and stare at you and continue to poke you and pull your hair." On the other hand, Trial is continuing the battle by responding. Both want to get the last word in. What's surprising is that I would have expected both of them to be the bigger person... You're both amazing women, and watching this is like pure torture.

Seriously, both of y'all just need to drop it. I dare you to not respond one more time to this thread. Either of you.

Again, not taking sides.

If this is truth or dare, then I pick truth. Or maybe I dare somebody to reveal the truth, but that's cheating.

, and the snide remarks that are transparently against either poster aren't helping anyone.

Obviously you're reading a different thread to me, or you're insane. I'm favouring the latter.

I thought it was classless from the very first post. Unbelievable. :sick:

I did not make that statement to put Touche and TBF down, I made it to try to shock them into stopping this!

Hopefully they have now and hopefully they can sort this out in the future, I actually find it really sad!

This is a classic case of personality conflict as one person suggested. In this case, there will never be and never was a friendship or civil exchange between these two people. No offense, but I think that one person is jealous of the other and wants to fight over it. I am not a psychologist but thats what it seems like to me. Split em' apart forever and don't force them to even apologize.

I totally agree. We're watching an emotional struggle right now, and the snide remarks that are transparently against either poster aren't helping anyone.

In addition, whether it was a good idea or not to start the thread is an issue that's long since passed. At present, Trial has made it abundantly clear she does not want Touche to communicate to her in her threads. Why Touche seems hell bent on doing so regardless of Trial's desires seems a bit odd to me at this point. It's alot like repeatedly saying, "Please leave me alone," only to have the other person say, "No. I'm going to sit right here and stare at you and continue to poke you and pull your hair." On the other hand, Trial is continuing the battle by responding. Both want to get the last word in. What's surprising is that I would have expected both of them to be the bigger person... You're both amazing women, and watching this is like pure torture.

Seriously, both of y'all just need to drop it. I dare you to not respond one more time to this thread. Either of you.

Again, not taking sides.

This is a public forum, which means that TBF has no control over the responses she gets to threads aside from inflammatory remarks which will be deleted by the mods. She can't dictate who responds and who doesn't. If she has a problem with Touche's comments then she can simply ignore them. Touche wrote nothing offensive, nasty or abusive. She simply stated her opinion, which TBF disagreed with. TBF has no authority to censor responses to her threads simply because some of the opinions are not what she wants to hear. So instead she's trying to publicly shame and guilt trip Touche into staying away from her threads, which is classless and passive aggressive. She should have taken this up over pm, or it just ends up looking like a cowardly humiliation tactic. Not to mention hypocritical. TBF asks Touche to maintain a "civil distance" yet starts a thread that is doing just the oppositee. The reason Touche is being stubborn about this is because nobody likes to be told what they can and can't do by somebody who has no authority. If you can't handle an opinion that isn't what you want to hear then ignore it. It's as simple as that. If for some reason you're unable to ignore it, then that's your problem, not the other person's. I see this as the problem of somebody who can't stand not having control.

I want to stress that there's a difference between censoring abusive remarks and censoring opinions stated in a civil manner that you happen to disagree with.

Best words in the whole thread right here........

:laugh:

Having had dealings with Touche (a string of threatening PMs) I can confirm that she is indeed, a nutcase.

You don't really want to mess with me again, do you?

I got angry because you attacked my friend, TBF. It wasn't for no reason.

I suggest you refrain from calling me names or this will not end well for you.:)

Boy do we have different ideas of fun, TBF!:p

I too appreciate the input. Thanks, all.

Maybe we can put this to rest now.

CommitmentPhobe
You don't really want to mess with me again, do you?

Do you think I care about some random nutjob on the internet??

Get a grip woman!

• Author

Touche, I couldn't resist putting out an ambiguous/ironical statement. :laugh:

I agree about putting this thread to rest. Of course this might be construed as controlling... :D

Touche, I couldn't resist putting out an ambiguous/ironical statement. :laugh:

I agree about putting this thread to rest. Of course this might be construed as controlling... :D

I know, I know you were kidding.

Of course it's controlling. Since this thread was about me then I think I should say when it's put to rest.

Ok, it can be put to rest now.:laugh:

• Author
I know! I was joking...I swear, it's SO hard to communicate in text sometimes. :mad:

I'm teasing you back, too. :)

Yes, tone of voice/facial expressions make a lot of difference. No matter how well you communicate via text, someone will take it the wrong way.

I'm teasing you back, too. :)

Yes, tone of voice/facial expressions make a lot of difference. No matter how well you communicate via text, someone will take it the wrong way.

Oh, ok.

So true. It happens all the time on here.

If nobody has anything else to add in the next few months, then I will close the thread with this post. Thank you to all who contributed, and of course those thanks naturally extend to the clinically insane posters, too. (You might not know who you are.) The end. Maybe.

If nobody has anything else to add in the next few months, then I will close the thread with this post. Thank you to all who contributed, and of course those thanks naturally extend to the clinically insane posters, too. (You might not know who you are.) The end. Maybe.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Thanks for your input everyone. I hope you've enjoyed this thread as much as I have.

Well, it has definitely been... an eye-opener.

I still think there are some issues to address. Come on Touche, tell TBF what else is on your mind. When were you ever one to hold back like this? And TBF, it's ok, this is a safe environment. You can express your anger here.

:lmao: You are just shameless, J. Such an instigator. Hey, at one time or another you've had issues (or is it drama?) with one or the other of us.

Out with it. Now's your chance!

(This thread reminds me of a boxing ring.)

Ok, you're up now, J. Don't hold back now!

• Author

I'd like to sincerely thank everyone who put forth effort to attempt to alleviate the situation, instead of bashing or mocking. Some of you really are amazing, caring individuals. ((hugs))