Question for Guys 40 - 50

Eyeofthoth

I don't know anyone in my age range who is looking for the "unattainable movie ideal". Perhaps when we were in our early to mid twenties, this was true. I think we are much more realistic about what makes a good partner and more open-minded about who we date. I haven't lowered my standards, either. My standards involve standards of character, above all. Yes, I need to be attracted to my mate, but I can be attracted to someone who doesn't look like George Clooney. Although I wouldn't turn him down if he showed up. :love:

Actually some women as they get older become even more unrealistic.

Or to put it another way, in the older woman, younger man relationship, only the woman benefits.

The man has a woman with an older body, and still is expected to work and pay for most things, while the woman has a man with a younger body, better at sex, more energy, youthful outlook, more healthy, etc. Not as much of a balance. No wonder women think things should be like that..

Or to put it another way, in the older woman, younger man relationship, only the woman benefits.

The man has a woman with an older body, and still is expected to work and pay for most things, while the woman has a man with a younger body, better at sex, more energy, youthful outlook, more healthy, etc. Not as much of a balance. No wonder women think things should be like that..

Who says older women are going to require a new man to work and pay for most things?

Vonerik, I've worked since I was 13, I've been the sole bread winner here for many years. All I ask of a new man is that he be employed and not come saddled with crushing debt. I'm looking for a companion, not a meal ticket.

SOSO, the man must still work and pay his share right? Do you like the idea of paying for vacations yourself? Buying him a new car? Etc? Many older women STILL expect men to pay on dates.

Well, with many older men and younger women, the men pay for most things, if not everything. THATS the difference.

The younger man can find a woman his age to split bills with too. There is no financial advantage for him, as their typically is for a younger woman who marries an older man.

SOSO, the man must still work and pay his share right? Do you like the idea of paying for vacations yourself? Buying him a new car? Etc? Many older women STILL expect men to pay on dates.

Well, with many older men and younger women, the men pay for most things, if not everything. THATS the difference.

The younger man can find a woman his age to split bills with too.

Vonerik, I'm quite used to paying for vacations and cars, I even pay for the gifts my husband has given me on birthdays and Xmas. When I say I paid for everything I mean everything,including hubby's clothing, his car, his liquor,his pron subscriptions, his poker debts..everything.

melodymatters

Von, I COMPLETELY understand that you, personally, don't dig older woman. What I DON'T understand is why you are trying so damn hard to sell this platform.

Some like tall, some like skinny, some like bad guys, some like bad girls, what-ever.

I like tall, super skinny men who look like scott weiland, the buck cherry lead singer etc. I'm not trying to convince my girl friends who like muscular gym rats to join me in my preferences.

Vonerik, I'm quite used to paying for vacations and cars, I even pay for the gifts my husband has given me on birthdays and Xmas. When I say I paid for everything I mean everything,including hubby's clothing, his car, his liquor,his pron subscriptions, his poker debts..everything.

Well I have never been in a relationship anything close to that, so it is hard for me to fathom a man taking money from a woman.

Well I have never been in a relationship anything close to that, so it is hard for me to fathom a man taking money from a woman.

My husband.. who btw, is older than I had zero problem doing it.At this point we're divorcing ,he'll get half of everything and he'll get lifetime alimony as he's over 55.

almost famous

Rachel Hunter, age 38, just married a 26 year old hockey player.

Not saying I myself am going for that, a younger guy, I already stated I wasn't, but here 'ya go. It's not like this guy needed to marry her for money or anything.....hmm.....

almost famous

Well, I'm sure the guy who wants to be with the woman would disagree. It's not like she's forcing him to be with her. I'm thinking if he's with such a woman, he's benefitting. Otherwise he wouldn't be there in the first place.....or do you somehow think the woman is forcing him to be there? Please explain? :confused:

p.s. the hockey player's name is Jarret Stoll, look him up, he is a hot looking man. He could date young supermodels if he wanted....explain to me that he feels he is not benefitting by being in a relationship with Rachel Hunter, a mother of two teenagers, 12 years his senior. Please explain? She is somehow forcing him and brainwashing him to marry her? :confused:

Rachel Hunter was 21 when she married 45 yr old Rod Stewart. They then had 2 children together. She is dating a younger man, not married to him.

http://www.askmen.com/celebs/entertainment-news/rachel-hunter/rachel-hunters-ticking-clock.html

rachel_hunter_150.jpg Gregg DeGuire/WireImage.com

Rachel Hunter says she has "two years left" to have another baby.

The 38-year-old model - who has two children, Renee, 16, and Liam, 13, with ex-husband Rod Stewart - admits she would definitely like to ad to her family but is worried she will soon be too old.

Rachel, who is currently dating Canadian ice hockey player Jarret Stoll, said: "I think I would like more children. I wouldn't want to adopt though - that's not for me. I think I have two years left to have a child naturally if I want to. It's been a long time since I was pregnant first time around, so I'd really have to learn from scratch."

Rachel - who split from Rod in 1999 after nine years of marriage - also revealed she is in no hurry to get married again.

She added: "It's something I guess I'm open to, but it's not something I need in my life. If I had another child with somebody I wouldn't need marriage to let it happen."

almost famous

Yup and she divorced the geezer.

Rachel Hunter was 21 when she married 45 yr old Rod Stewart. They then had 2 children together. She is dating a younger man, not married to him.

http://www.askmen.com/celebs/entertainment-news/rachel-hunter/rachel-hunters-ticking-clock.html

rachel_hunter_150.jpg Gregg DeGuire/WireImage.com

Rachel Hunter says she has "two years left" to have another baby.

The 38-year-old model - who has two children, Renee, 16, and Liam, 13, with ex-husband Rod Stewart - admits she would definitely like to ad to her family but is worried she will soon be too old.

Rachel, who is currently dating Canadian ice hockey player Jarret Stoll, said: "I think I would like more children. I wouldn't want to adopt though - that's not for me. I think I have two years left to have a child naturally if I want to. It's been a long time since I was pregnant first time around, so I'd really have to learn from scratch."

Rachel - who split from Rod in 1999 after nine years of marriage - also revealed she is in no hurry to get married again.

She added: "It's something I guess I'm open to, but it's not something I need in my life. If I had another child with somebody I wouldn't need marriage to let it happen."

Rachel Hunter, age 38, just married a 26 year old hockey player.

Not saying I myself am going for that, a younger guy, I already stated I wasn't, but here 'ya go. It's not like this guy needed to marry her for money or anything.....hmm.....

If they are engaged, why did you say they are married?

She had children with Rod, ..She was 21, he was 45... You didn't see a man with options opting for a 55 yr old did you?

almost famous

Well, here we have a good-looking 26 year old NHL hockey player who has been living with a 38 year old woman with 2 teenage kids for quite a while (2 years) and now they are engaged......you don't think he is a man with options? :)

Hey,

If I was that 26 yr old I would be doing the same with Rachel Hunter..

When he is 36, and she is 49, he can then trade her in and start all over. (Which will most likely happen)

If they are engaged, why did you say they are married?

She had children with Rod, ..She was 21, he was 45... You didn't see a man with options opting for a 55 yr old did you?

I've been thinking it over and you're so right Voneric !!! men don't want used up old pigs like me. Do you think there's hope,any hope at all of any man anywhere being willing to settle for me? Do I aim too high if I look for a 65 yr old ?

Actually Rod Stewart just married a 34 yr old model, and they just had a perfectly healthy baby.. he is 60. Rachel Hunter admits she has 2 years on her biological clock.., There you go...

Sos0 age is just a number right? Go for the 65 yr old.

Hey,

If I was that 26 yr old I would be doing the same with Rachel Hunter..

When he is 36, and she is 49, he can then trade her in and start all over. (Which will most likely happen)

In normal mere mortal lives, men dump wives who are their ages or a couple years younger in order to chase younger women all the time. You act as if marrying a guy who's a bit older is some sort of protection that it won't happen. I'm here to tell you that it isn't.

Actually Rod Stewart just married a 34 yr old model, and they just had a perfectly healthy baby.. he is 60. Rachel Hunter admits she has 2 years on her biological clock.., There you go...

but he won't want me Von, he's a man he has lots of options !

Jersey Shortie

And Heather Mills married Paul McCartney and royally bleeped him over. We could come up all day with hollywood couples that support our view. Truth is, none of us are hollywood couples.

Vonerik likes to ignore my own younger gal perspective which is I won't be and have no reason to settle for a man much older then myself. :)

And Vonerik, I will ask you for the four millionth time. What happens when a man's younger woman/same age woman ages? Is she kicked out the door so he can troll for more young women? Because if that is the extent of a man's critera, then I guess men just plain don't like women very much.

Jersey, perhaps you are an exception. Women typically like older, more mature men.

When a girl is a freshman in high school, she likes seniors.

When she is a senior, she likes college guys.

When she graduates college, and is 23-27 she likes guys in their early 30's.

In all of the above situations, men her own age are rejected.

I don't have the answers. People typically used to marry early, and stay married. Being 40 -50 and single is awkward and hard for men and women.

I would love to grow old with a woman my own age or a bit younger. If somehow I married a woman that was 10 years older, I am sure I would trade her in as I age as well.

almost famous

She has no clue how long she is fertile, it could be longer than that.......under your logic, wouldn't her fiance choose a younger, hot 22 year old model without kids who he can be 100% sure is fertile?

You just don't like to be proven wrong. :)

I would love to grow old with a woman my own age or a bit younger. If somehow I married a woman that was 10 years older, I am sure I would trade her in as I age as well.

And say you marry a woman a couple years younger,say she becomes ill or otherwise ages poorly, she going to get the boot too? More importantly would you have the cajones to tell her she was being "traded in" and why?

Good luck to you, may you meet and fall head over heels in love with a woman who's as cold and calculating as you are.

almost famous

Hollywood people are people, too. I don't see how this hockey player, what's his name, and Rachel Hunter, don't represent dating/engagement/marriage. Both Rachel and the hockey player have other options and they chose each other.