Prenup! At what point do you reveal prenuptial interest?

• Author
well - i guess i'll step into the convo for now...

i really didn't believe in prenups while i was younger. when i got married we pooled everything and paid for everything from the basic money earned by both of us.

two kids and 20 years later we split everything 50/50.

now i suppose i would have to consider a prenup IF i were to EVER consider marrying again... i doubt i will consider re-marrying. no reason to really. not intending to have more kids etc. and i like my life and my freedom to do as i wish too much.

the only reason to consider a prenup would be to be sure that my earned assets go to my kids if/when anything were to happen to me.

i also have family who i trust dearly as my power of attorney so that they can access my assets if need be.

Hi 2sunny: Thanks for posting. Glad you got a 50/50 split. Interesting that you would now consider a prenup...I think what you are saying is you didn't really consider your assets early on, because you didn't think you'd be divorced...but now that you are divorced...you will consider your assets..because you have both assets now, and children.

That's another reason why I want the prenup...same as yours...to protect my *future* kids. Interesting to get someone's view who's been married for as long as you have been married...

Just curious...are you in the USA, and if so, are you in a no fault state?

Hi 2sunny: Thanks for posting. Glad you got a 50/50 split. Interesting that you would now consider a prenup...I think what you are saying is you didn't really consider your assets early on, because you didn't think you'd be divorced...but now that you are divorced...you will consider your assets..because you have both assets now, and children.

That's another reason why I want the prenup...same as yours...to protect my *future* kids. Interesting to get someone's view who's been married for as long as you have been married...

Just curious...are you in the USA, and if so, are you in a no fault state?

Uhhhheeeemmmm, WAS married... as in had been married. not have been married.

in sunny cali... of course. the only place to be...

@ Lookingfoward and Sugarkiss:

I am very sarcastic. Sarcasm, unfortunately, comes off as a bit rough when you don’t know me and you read my written words in this context here in this thread (negative could, nerves getting touched, etc). If we were in person, I guarantee you you’d have a different perspective, thinking I was one of the nicest guys you’ve ever met. In person, I tend to cushion the sarcasm with how I see that you react to it. I can’t do that here….but I choose to keep myself as real as possible by not changing my behavior.

extreme sarcasm stems from anger and pain, we can see you are in pain, but you need to get that under control. perhaps you should seek therapy to help you through this anger you are carrying inside, and I say that in freindliest way possible, not being sarcastic or anything just trying to help you out.

if your reality of keeping it real includes being overly insulting and busive there is NO place for that in this forum, you agreed to the terms and conditions before you signed up here and if you don't remember what they are you should review them because so far in this post alone you have broken rules left and right and you are lucky no one has reported you. no one should have to endure your insults just because they disagree with you. :)

So what I’m asking, in this thread, is for you to just “free style it”…tell me what you *really* think…and I don’t really care if you get personal, just so long as it makes sense (you must support your “sense” with at least some meaningful reasonable evidence).

I already did, see previous and this post.

I would care, however, if you started making threats and silly stuff like that, or if all you have to say is “I hate you trust” and then you say nothing useful about the thread topic, resulting in petty bickering. That would be carrying things a bit too far.

I don't hate you but I do hate the way in which you have been conducting this discussion you have taken a really good topic that brought on a lot of great information and ideas and clouded it with insults not saying it was just you it is a reciprocal, and it has deteriorated into figting personal jabs and low blows rather than debating the topic.

there you have it that was my "free style"

That was entirely too long to read from someone who is obviously a psycho. To both sugarasskiss and lookingforwardtoyougettinglost:

So…I’m here gathering information on prenups..you’re not here to talk about prenups…you’re not attracted to me (as you say, and I don't care) nor do you don’t like what I’ve got to say, and you’re not reading my posts. So why are you stalking this thread I wonder? fu*k off troll. Or are you sticking around to find out where I live so you can boil my pet rabbit on my stove?

you told me I never read anything you wrote to come to my conclusions, then when I point out exactly what I read, you dismiss everything by saying it is too long to read AND call me psycho. :laugh:

just as I thought, when he meets someone who can stand up to his nonsense he runs away like a scared little boy.

totally predicatable!

Lookingforward
That was entirely too long to read from someone who is obviously a psycho. To both sugarasskiss and lookingforwardtoyougettinglost:

So…I’m here gathering information on prenups..you’re not here to talk about prenups…you’re not attracted to me (as you say, and I don't care) nor do you don’t like what I’ve got to say, and you’re not reading my posts. So why are you stalking this thread I wonder? fu*k off troll. Or are you sticking around to find out where I live so you can boil my pet rabbit on my stove?

as I said, you obviously have some anger issues...... too bad as Sk said you can't seem to handle it back the other way.......

The original purpose of this thread was for the OP to get people's feelings on prenuptial agreements. It has devolved into an angry mob whose bickering and petty exchanges and off topic observations are not within our guidelines. I hope the OP got something out of this, it's now going to be closed.

There is no good reason for a civilized society to be this mean on an Internet forum.