Astrological Compatibility

tmarie55

I don't believe in astrology... it's fun but you cannot base your life on astrology... that would be dumb...

Anyway... I am compatible with the whole constellation! :bunny:

• 2 weeks later...
plainoldjared
I don't seem to get on well in relationships with Aquariuans, I am a Cancer.

I thought Aquarians couldn't handle the emotional side of Cancer and Cancer not liking the emotional dismissivness of an Aquarian.

Picies and Cancer get on very well and are quite alike, so am surprised to read the above, perhaps this is telling us its all aload of rubbish.

I have to point out that Aquarians are known for being able to see and agree with all different sides of an arguement (positive and negative)... Ive got to defend myself and my fellow Aquarians and point out that we can handle emotion very well however, we will probably figure out a resolution or a reason as to why you should feel the way you do and why you should not feel the way you do. Thats where it gets crazy...

I personally love being needed as bad as it sounds. I love fixing problems and I love listening as long as the speaker is prepared to listen to my 1,001 ideas and tangents in response... I think Ive made my point ;)

I'm a Libra and I read somewhere that I'm sexually compatible with a Capricorn :)

As for relationship, it says Aquarius.

Very interesting :) I'll have to read up on Libra

I have to point out that Aquarians are known for being able to see and agree with all different sides of an arguement (positive and negative)... Ive got to defend myself and my fellow Aquarians and point out that we can handle emotion very well however, we will probably figure out a resolution or a reason as to why you should feel the way you do and why you should not feel the way you do. Thats where it gets crazy...

I personally love being needed as bad as it sounds. I love fixing problems and I love listening as long as the speaker is prepared to listen to my 1,001 ideas and tangents in response... I think Ive made my point ;)

Very interesting :) I'll have to read up on Libra

Mad props my fellow Aquarian. :laugh:

I am considering a Cancer at the moment. However, I did say something to him that perhaps might (in hindsight) may have not been so good.

Something about not caring about his feelings and that instead he should just take his shirt off and do something manly.:laugh: No wonder he is not calling me. Sensitive crab man.:mad:

Problems I have had with Cancers in the past have been them NOT sharing and openly communicating their feelings until they had this whole construct formed in their head and made a decision that never included any direct input from me. No real communication with the heart to resolve a perceived (unknown to me) problem. If I were to generalize based on the 2 (now 3) that I have encountered. I am generally very physically attracted to them however...dang it.

Well, gang, I happen to be a good Pagan girl, and yes, we do use astrology in much of our practice. Thing is about astrology, is that much of what is written and popularly available is not always the best or most accurate information out there.

I do believe there are some very distinct trends in one's sun sign, however, to really fully understand your compatibility with someone else, a full chart, or, at the least knowing someone's rising sign, will shed a great deal of light on your dynamic as a couple.

I will offer one of the best websites out there for just this, and it is astro dot com. You will need to know the time you were born, and also for anyone you are throwing a chart for. BUT, it will give you a wonderful, and IMO, most accurate description of you, and your partner. :)

plainoldjared
Mad props my fellow Aquarian. :laugh:

I am considering a Cancer at the moment. However, I did say something to him that perhaps might (in hindsight) may have not been so good.

Something about not caring about his feelings and that instead he should just take his shirt off and do something manly.:laugh: No wonder he is not calling me. Sensitive crab man.:mad:

Problems I have had with Cancers in the past have been them NOT sharing and openly communicating their feelings until they had this whole construct formed in their head and made a decision that never included any direct input from me. No real communication with the heart to resolve a perceived (unknown to me) problem. If I were to generalize based on the 2 (now 3) that I have encountered. I am generally very physically attracted to them however...dang it.

thank you sweetheart ;) you know I had to speak up

That preconceived notion thing can be deadly to a relationship, I fully believe in open and blunt honesty well maybe not so much blunt because again people can be sensitive but definitely full honesty is the best policy...

Just wondering how many of you believe in astrology. I was dating a guy and we were astrologically the worst match! Does anyone believe in this?

I believe astrogy has some truth to it however I would not base my life on it! As far a love matche's go. My H is a Virgo and I a Capricorn. According to the star's we are suppose to be a close to perfect match well that's so far from the truth.:laugh:

AP:)

bigheartkindsoul

Must have just been my ex!! Seriously he was an arse! :laugh:

I still like you though ;)

I agree with Jilly Bean, to really fully understand your compatibility with someone else, a full chart will really give you a complete look.

I've been into Astrology since I was 11, I'm 30 now, and there's a few things I will say about it. Astrology is the 1st science that hasn't been proven yet. As many books that are out about it, scientists that study it, planet alignment etc... It's not a proven subject. Regardless of that, I've learned one very valuable thing about it. You never want to judge a person on their sign (sunsign specifically) or tell someone they're not compatible with another. Astrology is a guide, it's been a great guide for me, to help you with the personality foundations of a person's sign. You've got to take into consideration if they're a cusp, which way to they tend to lean more towards? And it's a person's Rising Sign that will be your 1st impression of them. Once you get to know them, it's their Moon sign that is revealed and you can see why this person wants & desires the things they do. I've learned to embrace a person's 3 signs (if I know them) and it's a great way to realize why one Virgo doesn't act like another Virgo.

I'm a Scorpio, by the way, very intense and passionate about everything I do. I was born mid month though, so I'm not as "ANAL" as the Scorpio's born before me. (No offense please, I'm simply saying that depending on the tier in which you were born, the personality traits are stronger at the beginning than at the end, and everyone knows Scorpio's in general can be ANAL at times. Me included.) If you're another Scorpio, I'm sure you'll agree that it's hard for people to understand us. Frankly, the only ones who really do are OTHER Scorpio's. My Dad & I are best friends, we finish each other's sentences & most times we don't even talk. Yet...we know and feel the other person.

If you guys have any questions, I'm so very open to help out. I'll do my best.

I don't like putting much stock into the whole astrology thing BUT....

My bf is a virgo and I am a capricorn. Supposedly way compatible and we are. I've also noticed that the vast majority of his friends are capricorn. Also, we don't seem to have many non earth sign friends.

I also seem to always be able to guess someone's sign. I always can tell if a guy is a virgo or scorpio.

All of these things makes it near impossible to completely write off astrology. I want to soooo badly because of how annoyed I get by people who practically plan their lives by it or make statements like:

They are cute, but I can't date a gemini!

We don't get along because she is an aries!

It's like taking a short cut to thinking and just looking for a quick excuse for personal flaws.

When it comes to astrology, I think of people like individual oceans. Astrology can be used to decipher the first 5 feet or so and the deeper levels are chalked up to life experience, genetics, and familial influence.

plainoldjared
Must have just been my ex!! Seriously he was an arse! :laugh:

I still like you though ;)

Good!!!

When it comes to astrology, I think of people like individual oceans. Astrology can be used to decipher the first 5 feet or so and the deeper levels are chalked up to life experience, genetics, and familial influence.

NICE!! I am digging the metaphor and I COMPLETELY agree there are so many different aspects in life that affect us on the daily. We are ALL a little bit of this on Fridays and little bit of that on Mondays...

We are not all the same.:)

We are not all the same.:)

Awe, thanks sweet shells. You are one of my favorite crabs.

Now...come closer. I promise...there is no boiling water in my pitcher.:laugh: Don't be afraid.

Awe, thanks sweet shells. You are one of my favorite crabs.

Now...come closer. I promise...there is no boiling water in my pitcher.:laugh: Don't be afraid.

Don't try anything cute. I have two pinchers and I know how to use them.

I've had a chart done before and some of the reading was true but other parts I just did not understand or seemed contradictory.

I'm a Capricorn and have tended to gravitate to men who happen to be Libra's or Aries, but it never works out. AND as far as compatibility with Virgo, that's bull****. Met one due to death in family, he seemed very nice/sweet/shy, thought there was a connection for maybe a friendship (if at least) and I can't seem to get beyond the aquaintance phase with him. blah..whatever!

Ahh.... I just love this stuff... my guilty pleasure, astrology. I think I might have even started a thread about it once!

Headless Zebra's post/list made me laugh out loud!

I must say that I sort of do believe in it. I know my birth time and have had complete charts done over the years, and it's creepy how accurate the stuff is. Astro.com, which was mentioned already, is a great site.

As for compatibility, I have Venus in Aquarius, though I'm a double Capricorn (sun and moon, conjunct) which means I will try almost anything/anyone.

The only sign I've found incompatible is my own.... Capricorn. Capricorn men... I dunno, yuck. They just seem too remote for my taste... too prudish!

My faves have been Cancers, Taurus, Aries (tho they can be dunderheads), and Leos. Scorpios are fun, but tend to be stalkers.

I have to point out that Aquarians are known for being able to see and agree with all different sides of an arguement (positive and negative)...

Very true. Although as a consequence, we (or at the very least I), gets seen as a nuisance for trying to convince a side that the other bunch of people has a point.

MystifiedByMen

What a fun thread. I'm a cancer and I seem to date Libras alot. I'm not sure, but I'm really attracted to them. Dating a Capricorn now for the first time. I'm going to check out his sign now. I think its really fun to read about people and their sign, but I wont NOT date someone because of it. :o)

MystifiedByMen

What a fun thread. I'm a cancer and I seem to date Libras alot. I'm not sure why, but I'm really attracted to them. Dating a Capricorn now for the first time. I'm going to check out his sign now. I think its really fun to read about people and their sign, but I wont NOT date someone because of it. :o)

i dont.. i think when you were born have absolutely nothing to do with your relationship status. Ive always felt that was a turn off when a guy introduces himself and the next sentance is im a virgo.. hahah I always give a dumb look like "so" ....

MystifiedByMen

haha, i think I said that wrong. I don't base who I date on their sign. I've never just asked someone too. But, if I'm bored and thinking of it, I'm guilty of reading about them. (If I know their birthday). LOL

The only sign I've found incompatible is my own.... Capricorn. Capricorn men... I dunno, yuck. They just seem too remote for my taste... too prudish!

I've also had trouble with the capricorn men. Two were prudish like you said but most of them had a real heavy misogyny vibe going.