LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Transitioning > Friends and Lovers

Reading sign from girls.


Friends and Lovers Progressing into "Friends with benefits" and beyond: When platonic relationships become more intimate.

Like Tree37Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th October 2017, 5:35 AM   #1
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 72
Reading sign from girls.

I like this girl and I think she knows. We live in a dorm and she’s my neighbor.

I’ve had good chats with her out at the pub and I really felt she enjoyed talking to me.

One night I messaged her “Did you get back safely hun? Just making sure.” She replied the next morning “I did! Thanks for checking up on me.”
One time, she came in my room asking how she looked and used my mirror for a bit.

One night, I told her that I've knocked on her door a couple of times for a chat and she told me to message her if there’s no answer.
I messaged her one night. “Feel like company for a bit?” She replied in the morning, “Sorry Nick. I was fast asleep when you sent this.” I know she was asleep.

I messaged her one night asking what she's up to. She said she got back from work and was chilling in her friends room. I asked her to come chat if she wanted to. She ended up coming for a second, but not sure if she did because she saw my fb message. She said "Hey. I'm exhausted. Fell asleep in my friend's room. What are you doing for the weekend." I said Dunno. There's no more football. It's gonna be horrible". She said "yeah. Nothing on tv too. I'm going home tomorrow, but back Sunday." We just said night.

One time I saw her as she was going in her room. We had a good 5 min social chat. During the talk, she either used her hand to keep her door open or me using my foot. She didn't smile, but did make eye contact. I put my hand against the wall to lean on and her eyes opened wider a little for a second at that exact moment.

What do you make of her eyes getting bigger? She hasn't given me an indication she wants me to back off has she? Is this situation looking bad? Should I stop trying and why?

Last edited by HopelessNick; 9th October 2017 at 6:07 AM.. Reason: Update
HopelessNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2017, 10:20 AM   #2
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessNick View Post
I like this girl and I think she knows. We live in a dorm and she’s my neighbor.

I’ve had good chats with her out at the pub and I really felt she enjoyed talking to me.

One night I messaged her “Did you get back safely hun? Just making sure.” She replied the next morning “I did! Thanks for checking up on me.”
One time, she came in my room asking how she looked and used my mirror for a bit.

One night, I told her that I've knocked on her door a couple of times for a chat and she told me to message her if there’s no answer.
I messaged her one night. “Feel like company for a bit?” She replied in the morning, “Sorry Nick. I was fast asleep when you sent this.” I know she was asleep.

I messaged her one night asking what she's up to. She said she got back from work and was chilling in her friends room. I asked her to come chat if she wanted to. She ended up coming for a second, but not sure if she did because she saw my fb message. She said "Hey. I'm exhausted. Fell asleep in my friend's room. What are you doing for the weekend." I said Dunno. There's no more football. It's gonna be horrible". She said "yeah. Nothing on tv too. I'm going home tomorrow, but back Sunday." We just said night.

One time I saw her as she was going in her room. We had a good 5 min social chat. During the talk, she either used her hand to keep her door open or me using my foot. She didn't smile, but did make eye contact. I put my hand against the wall to lean on and her eyes opened wider a little for a second at that exact moment.

What do you make of her eyes getting bigger? She hasn't given me an indication she wants me to back off has she? Is this situation looking bad? Should I stop trying and why?
It sounds like you MIGHT be "just a friend."

You have to touch her. Small of her back, shoulder, something. Do you guys greet each other with hugs/high fives?

Also, making yourself attainable is good (I play way too hard to get, which is my downfall), but making yourself TOO available? Not so much. Once in a while when she messages you or asks to come over, you have to be unavailable.

One last thing, ASK HER OUT ALREADY DAMMIT!
Jchav123 likes this.
lakerman34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2017, 10:26 AM   #3
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerman34 View Post
It sounds like you MIGHT be "just a friend."

You have to touch her. Small of her back, shoulder, something. Do you guys greet each other with hugs/high fives?

Also, making yourself attainable is good (I play way too hard to get, which is my downfall), but making yourself TOO available? Not so much. Once in a while when she messages you or asks to come over, you have to be unavailable.

One last thing, ASK HER OUT ALREADY DAMMIT!
When I put an arm around her shoulder, she seems to be happy when she's drunk, and I've never touched her when sober. And she never messages me.

Last edited by HopelessNick; 9th October 2017 at 10:29 AM..
HopelessNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2017, 2:17 PM   #4
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 5,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessNick View Post
One time I saw her as she was going in her room. We had a good 5 min social chat. During the talk, she either used her hand to keep her door open or me using my foot. She didn't smile, but did make eye contact. I put my hand against the wall to lean on and her eyes opened wider a little for a second at that exact moment.

What do you make of her eyes getting bigger? She hasn't given me an indication she wants me to back off has she? Is this situation looking bad? Should I stop trying and why?
Let me get this right, you put your foot over into the threshold of her door and placed your hand (probably high) on the wall to lean on?
She would have been startled. That was why her eyes got bigger.
That was an intimidating invasion of her space in a not nice way. She was obviously planning on closing that door if your foot touched the door.
Yosemite likes this.
GemmaUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2017, 11:31 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessNick View Post

One night, I told her that I've knocked on her door a couple of times for a chat and she told me to message her if there’s no answer.
I messaged her one night. “Feel like company for a bit?” She replied in the morning, “Sorry Nick. I was fast asleep when you sent this.” I know she was asleep.

You don't know that she was asleep, it kinda sounds like she was avoiding you.

Overall, OP I'm not seeing a lot of good signs. She seems like she's avoiding you but has to be nice because you're her neighbor. I imagine once she no longer lives there, you won't hear from her anymore.

Please don't start touching her, that's a really bad idea.

If you want to know for sure, ask her for a date. If you're not ready for that, ask her to eat with you at the cafeteria or to study with you in the study room. If she says no, leave her alone.
Cersei likes this.
Yosemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2017, 12:08 AM   #6
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by GemmaUK View Post
Let me get this right, you put your foot over into the threshold of her door and placed your hand (probably high) on the wall to lean on?
She would have been startled. That was why her eyes got bigger.
That was an intimidating invasion of her space in a not nice way. She was obviously planning on closing that door if your foot touched the door.
She wasn't planning on closing the door. She was obviously pushing it open when it started it close. Also, my hand wasnt high, it was waist height.
HopelessNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2017, 12:09 AM   #7
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite View Post
You don't know that she was asleep, it kinda sounds like she was avoiding you.

Overall, OP I'm not seeing a lot of good signs. She seems like she's avoiding you but has to be nice because you're her neighbor. I imagine once she no longer lives there, you won't hear from her anymore.

Please don't start touching her, that's a really bad idea.

If you want to know for sure, ask her for a date. If you're not ready for that, ask her to eat with you at the cafeteria or to study with you in the study room. If she says no, leave her alone.
She was asleep. Trust me. All the messages are on fb too so i know if she's been online.
HopelessNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2017, 12:12 AM   #8
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 72
She wasn't planning on closing the door. She was obviously pushing it open when it started it close. Also, my hand wasnt high, it was waist height.
HopelessNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2017, 12:32 AM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessNick View Post
She was asleep. Trust me. All the messages are on fb too so i know if she's been online.
So, it isn't at all possible that she was texting on her phone, or reading a book/magazine, or painting her toenails etc? You don't know that she was asleep.


Just ask her to do stuff with you besides hang in your room and you'll have your answer.
Yosemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2017, 1:02 AM   #10
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 5,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessNick View Post
She wasn't planning on closing the door. She was obviously pushing it open when it started it close. Also, my hand wasnt high, it was waist height.
Either way, you startled her.

I agree with Yosemite, she seems to be keeping you at arms length/avoiding you whilst being polite.
The way to know if she is interested or not for sure is to ask her out.

Why would you text her if you knew she was asleep?
GemmaUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2017, 1:09 AM   #11
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 72
I texted her when it said she was active 4 mins ago, but she never got online since.
HopelessNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2017, 1:26 AM   #12
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 5,313
Well, someone doesn't fall dead asleep in 4 minutes flat from being active so you can take it that she chose not to respond at that time.

Reading back she responds to night time texts in the morning, either you're texting inappropriately late or she is choosing to only reply in the daytime.

I'm thinking you should probably just leave her alone actually and for gawd's sake stop watching her every move online. It's creepy and stalkery.
Get yourself some hobbies instead.
GemmaUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2017, 1:50 AM   #13
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 72
Is 11pm inappropriately late?
HopelessNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2017, 2:06 AM   #14
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 5,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessNick View Post
Is 11pm inappropriately late?
Yes, it is.
GemmaUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2017, 1:55 AM   #15
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 72
I saw her at the pub last night. I was sitting down chatting. When she walked past me, I have her a big wave. She took a quick look at me and continued walking while giving me a little wave that wasn't really a wave.

I realized she was probably busy because when I looked at where she was going, she was actually comforting a friend. After that, she walked round the back of the bar while looking in my direction for a couple of seconds. There was no expression on her face.

Do you think that counts as ignoring me?
HopelessNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Light hearted: What is your astrological sign versus the sign of your partner? CarboniteCammy Marriage & Life Partnerships 6 29th June 2012 11:02 AM
Am I on 'Friend Territory' / Reading the sign's! picaso28 In Search Of... 2 23rd June 2012 2:47 PM
Is touchy flirting a sign for wanting sex or is it just a sign of interest? PlumPrincess Dating 10 16th May 2012 2:07 AM
Reading 'shy' girls? MikeyC Dating 3 9th June 2009 10:45 AM

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 4:28 AM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2013 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.