LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Dealbreakers

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Old 12th August 2006, 4:46 AM   #1
Established Member

Dealbreakers

I won't date someone who:

1. Is a tomboy
2. Doesn't like animals, especially dogs. Dog first, girl second in my life.
3. Grew up with rich parents
4. Has not had a hard life or has not had to deal with great tragedy or disappointment
5. Dislikes giving money to the poor
6. Is a female-power she-man. Give me a demure, homely girl anyday. Someone kind of who is like Laura Bush. No Hillary Clinton for me, or drunk, obnoxious girls at bars!
7. Is plain without makeup
8. Is one-dimensional. Seriously, if you cannot talk about anything beyond your everyday sphere of things, then I don't wanna know you.
9. Doesn't wear dresses. I swear, so many girls at my school wear pants! What's up with that! It's not like we're so freakin old that you can't wear a freakin dress! Ugh
10. Has had many male sexual partners. I don't care if they been with girls. But if they've been with a lot of guys, then I don't know if I want to be faithful to them. Use, abuse, and then dump
11. Has done or does do drugs
12. Is religious

There's more. I'll add later.

By the way, I know my chances of meeting a perfect women who has these qualities is less than 0.01%. Still, I can dream

Last edited by TheSilentType; 12th August 2006 at 4:55 AM..
TheSilentType is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2006, 4:55 AM   #2

Didn't I see this list previously on LS?

Glad you know what you want - so many people don't or only think they do but their expectations are unrealistic.

The 'use, abuse, dump' though - that is setting yourself up for a world of hurt. Just because you don't want to settle down with someone or find out during the course of dating that she doesn't meet your priorities is no reason to use or abuse them!
HokeyReligions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2006, 5:01 AM   #3
Established Member

Dammit, I didn't see that previous list. Buy hey thats from two years ago...so what the hey.

Are my expectations unrealistic HR?

And yes, if I do meet a girl with a lot of partners, then I will use, abuse, and dump. But if I meet a girl with few partners, and especially partners that were not losers in my opinion, then I'll treat her well and care for her.
Old 12th August 2006, 5:27 AM   #4
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentType View Post
And yes, if I do meet a girl with a lot of partners, then I will use, abuse, and dump.
That's the kind of comment that only people with ugly souls make. Maybe it's time to scrub up a bit if you're to stand a chance with this dream girl.
lindya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2006, 5:31 AM   #5
Established Member

You know nothing of my character to say what you have said. If you knew me, you would know that I'm very generous and very understanding of most people.

However, like I said, if I meet a partner who has run the gamut, I will have my fun with them and throw them away. But I will treat the girl who has had few partners, and partners that I could see overall as good people, with respect and adoration.
Old 12th August 2006, 5:38 AM   #6
Established Member

Another dealbreaker...

Anyone who has been in a FWB "relationship." This person is pathetic. Atleast a prostitute is smart enough to get money in exchange for sex. A FWB just did it for free with no strings and no relationship. Just a receptacle. Really, lower than a prostitute.
Old 12th August 2006, 5:41 AM   #7

Angry

My My My! Aren't we a tad bit shallow?
I find it amusing men can and will have many partners but not us females?
And HR may not know your character but your list speaks loud and clear!

Now shew little boy! You are annoying me!
Old 12th August 2006, 5:46 AM   #8
Established Member

Well I did not say that women shouldn't hold men to the same standards. If a woman didn't want a man with many partners, or partners who were just dumb, cheap people, then is perfectly free to dispose of that person

Personally, I don't think there should be double standards for men and women in terms of accountability for sexual relationships. What's good for the geese is good for the gander or however that saying goes.
Old 12th August 2006, 5:52 AM   #9
Established Member

Guys who would not have a serious relationship with girls who have had many sexual partners BUT think that it is okay to use, abuse and dump them are at the top in my "won't date (hopefully)" list.

I also would rather not date guys who are, or look like they are:

- abusers
- cheaters
- too judgemental
- generally rude or mean to people
- specifically rude or mean to me
- trying to make me change my ideas about politics, religion, and important matters. I'm fine with religious guys, but I'm not religious. I can accept that my partner might have different views on politics, as long as he does not attack mine. I hate discussing religion and politics.
- I also would rather not date guys whose ideas of what is acceptable or not in a committed relationship differ much from mine.
- not enough interesting to date according to my own ideas of what makes a guy interesting (I guess this was implicit).
Adunaphel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2006, 5:58 AM   #10
Established Member

And by abuse, I did not mean physically abuse. I would never do that. But I would go for a ride on the bicycle. If you're going to let every low-life loser stick their dick in you, you have no respect for yourself and are cheap.
Old 12th August 2006, 6:09 AM   #11
Established Member

Like:

a fine mess
accurate sterotype
alone together
calculated error

and

arrogant humility,

Quote:
If you knew me, you would know that I'm very generous and very understanding of most people.

However, like I said, if I meet a partner who has run the gamut, I will have my fun with them and throw them away.
that (^) is called an oxymoron.
bluechocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2006, 6:14 AM   #12
Established Member

bluechocolat, the key word is MOST, not ALL. Understanding of MOST people, but not women that play the field.
Old 12th August 2006, 6:27 AM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
And by abuse, I did not mean physically abuse. I would never do that. But I would go for a ride on the bicycle. If you're going to let every low-life loser stick their dick in you, you have no respect for yourself and are cheap.
Do you realize that with going for a ride on the bicycle, as you put it, you'd be adding your name to the every low-life loser list?

(I mean both that yours would be regarded as a low-life loser attitude by a good number of people, and that this way you'd help cheapen the girl.
That is, if a girl can actually be cheapened this way. Which is, IMO, cheap thinking.))
Adunaphel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2006, 6:35 AM   #14
Established Member

Ugh! Everyone has become so fixated on one thing on my list! What about the other things that I have listed?

What about your own dealbreakers?
Old 12th August 2006, 6:37 AM   #15
Established Member

well here is my list

I would not date a guy who...

~was religious
~republican
~racist/homophobic
~did not have at least a bachelors degree
~one of those stupid looking wanna be 'gangsta' types
~had no manners/tact