LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

Employer calls on a Saturday morning to schedule a interview for Monday???

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Like Tree109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th October 2012, 2:58 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got it View Post
You have the lady's number right? Call it. Or if you have her email address, send her an email that you really appreciate her interest in you, but due to other offers/unfortunately you are no longer in a position to interview, you will need to decline. But you like the company, (put in a few selling points about yourself) and say you would love to contact them in the future for any future opportunities.

I think you shouldn't wait for them to reach out today as it will really make you stand out. Just network.

I said if they reach out tomorrow, today is a rainy sunday and I wanna believe that everyone who works for that company is home.
Old 28th October 2012, 3:08 PM   #47
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyDude View Post
I doubt very seriously if they will remember me applying and not responding to a interview invitation with all the resumes they probably received. They will just move on to the next person.
If you are not ready, willing, and able to respond to a job prospect, you shouldn't be collecting unemployment payments. You should be actively pursuing work until you have been hired for a job.
Old 28th October 2012, 3:30 PM   #48
Established Member

Quote:
I said if they reach out tomorrow, today is a rainy sunday and I wanna believe that everyone who works for that company is home.
The company has already reached out to you, it is your turn to respond. What you "wanna believe" is often different from the truth,
Old 28th October 2012, 3:44 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Grant View Post
If you are not ready, willing, and able to respond to a job prospect, you shouldn't be collecting unemployment payments. You should be actively pursuing work until you have been hired for a job.

Did you not hear that I had a interview this past Thursday and another one on Wednesday? So please tell me what the hell you are talking about?
Old 28th October 2012, 3:59 PM   #50
Established Member

Quote:
Employers fall off the face of the earth all the time so why can't I do the same if I;m not interested?
Because you presumably need a job more than they need to hire you.

Basic supply and demand. The market is not in your favor.
Old 28th October 2012, 4:01 PM   #51
Established Member

Quote:
Did you not hear that I had a interview this past Thursday and another one on Wednesday? So please tell me what the hell you are talking about?
An interview is not an offer. A person who needs a job works as many options as they can. Notice the word "work". Finding a job is your job at the moment.
Old 28th October 2012, 4:32 PM   #52
Established Member

Quote:
But But Employers are known for interviewing candidates when the position

1. Doesn't exist

2. Already filled

Isn't that the employer wasting someone's time?
Usually it's being scheduled for an interview and going to it to be told they hired someone else. Yes, it's very irritating and I don't see why it wouldn't be appropriate to call the day of and confirm your interview just to make sure no one else has been hired.
Old 28th October 2012, 4:36 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxoo View Post
Because you presumably need a job more than they need to hire you.

Basic supply and demand. The market is not in your favor.
So just because the economy is WEAK I have to walk around with low confidence?
Old 28th October 2012, 4:38 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxoo View Post
An interview is not an offer. A person who needs a job works as many options as they can. Notice the word "work". Finding a job is your job at the moment.
I'm not qualified for that job and only applied because I was willing to take a chance. Since then another opportunity came through which is something I;m 100% qualified for.

That job I was only 35% qualified
Old 28th October 2012, 4:40 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFONYX77 View Post
PhillyDude, seems to me that you have very flawed thinking and don't understand the difference between an interview and a job offer. You've had a second short interview for just one job and a first interview for another job scheduled for this week. None of these is a JOB OFFER. How many interviews have you had in the last 10-11 months since you've been unemployed? How many job offers resulting from those interviews? None, right? Many people go for scores of interviews without being offered a position. Why do you think your situation is so different and so special that you can turn down opportunities?

Likely none of these interviews this week will happen anyway once the storm hits. There's another excuse for you to slack off.

Why haven't been drug tested yet???
Old 28th October 2012, 4:44 PM   #56

Quote:
This guy is hilarious... too bad Jersy Shore ended, you sound like you'd fit right in.
xxoo likes this.
Old 28th October 2012, 4:47 PM   #57
Established Member

Quote:
High confidence and unemployed vs. realistic perspective and employed.

I know what I'd choose.
Old 28th October 2012, 4:48 PM   #58

Quote:
I'm not qualified for that job and only applied because I was willing to take a chance. Since then another opportunity came through which is something I;m 100% qualified for.

That job I was only 35% qualified
Are you hiring yourself?! Who cares how qualified you think you are, interviews aren't ALL about being qualified, it's about assimilating in the the already working, work environment.

You need a reality check..

You still live at home, don't you.. can't see you paying rent for the ten months. how old are you?!
Old 28th October 2012, 5:00 PM   #59
Established Member

Quote:
You should be conveying that at a moments notice you are ready, willing and able to work. This means your hair has been cut, your suit has been cleaned, you have bus fare in hand, and an umbrella if needed.

If you were called on Monday at 4:58PM saying you're hired, you should be able to report to work the next morning. You've had 10 months to prepare for a new job.
Old 28th October 2012, 5:13 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii50 View Post
Are you hiring yourself?! Who cares how qualified you think you are, interviews aren't ALL about being qualified, it's about assimilating in the the already working, work environment.

You need a reality check..

You still live at home, don't you.. can't see you paying rent for the ten months. how old are you?!

No I don't live at home, I tried to see can I get out of my lease but the rental office told me I can't do it.

So I have to make sure I find a new cash flow so I can pay the bills