WHy don't women get it?

and you have to build your relationship from the ground up start with friendship, dating, and so on.

yeah right, and then hear the woman say "i won't date you b'cos you are my friend" :p

SmoochieFace
yeah right, and then hear the woman say "i won't date you b'cos you are my friend" :p

Yeah, well, the women like that are the ones to stay away from. Relationships can actually develop from friendships... I know it's a difficult concept to grasp especially among the younger set but it's true. :D

No, we wouldn't but we also would not be spending lots of time with someone we were not attracted to and become very close friends. Women know when a man likes them sexually but they will ignore that and continue the friendship because they are getting what they want out of it. It is only when the guy pushes for a physical connection that she will back away and cry foul. She should have told him upfront that she didn't feel the same as him and let him make the decision if he just wants a friendship. They don't do this ( most of them ) and they do enjoy his attention and may genuinely like him but they know if they tell him the truth he will disappear. It becomes about what they want not his desires and he is just left high and dry for caring too much.

I can't agree more!

There is a guy I work with, we'll call him John. He is currently, newly engaged to his gf who he has known for 7 years. We'll call her Jen.

I have worked with John for about 2 years now, and we have become friends. We go to lunch together almost every time we are working the same shift. When he first started, I KNEW that he found me attractive because I would constantly catch him staring. He is kind of shy like me. so finally after a few months we started talking and hanging out more at work. Then I found out he had a gf. Of course I was a little confused/devastated because I was attracted to him as well, and I really wanted something to happen.

2 years later, we still hang out, and he recently got engaged. I STILL have that same feeling about him, and I have a strong feeling that he still finds me attractive. Some of my coworkers have even made comments to me about him liking me and I just shrug it off and say "oh he's engaged." There was a period when I tried to keep my distance, but consistantly asks me to lunch, visits me in my dept. and he obviously makes more of an effort in the relationship than me.

Recently, Jen started working at the same place as us, and she is joining us for lunch more and more often, even on her days off. Whenever she is working the same shift as us she is always leaving her dept, and walking by mine.. to see if I am there? The other day I walked over to his dept. to use his computer for something and about a minute later she comes up behind him and lays a big kiss on his cheek. Does she have some sort of feeling that he could be interested in me, so she is doing everything in her power to limit the alone time we have together?

I have respect for her, and I have always been taught to treat others as you wish to be treated, so I keep flirting to the absolute MINIMUM and I have never spoken up about my feelings. He has done the same. Although it is almost as if neither of us need to say anything at all because we already know.

I mean they have been together for so long, I should just let it rest, but I cannot help how I feel.

amazing727

There is a guy I work with, we'll call him John. He is currently, newly engaged to his gf who he has known for 7 years. We'll call her Jen.

I have worked with John for about 2 years now, and we have become friends. We go to lunch together almost every time we are working the same shift. When he first started, I KNEW that he found me attractive because I would constantly catch him staring. He is kind of shy like me. so finally after a few months we started talking and hanging out more at work. Then I found out he had a gf. Of course I was a little confused/devastated because I was attracted to him as well, and I really wanted something to happen.

2 years later, we still hang out, and he recently got engaged. I STILL have that same feeling about him, and I have a strong feeling that he still finds me attractive. Some of my coworkers have even made comments to me about him liking me and I just shrug it off and say "oh he's engaged." There was a period when I tried to keep my distance, but he consistantly asks me to lunch, visits me in my dept. and he obviously makes more of an effort in the relationship than me.

Recently, Jen started working at the same place as us, and she is joining us for lunch more and more often, even on her days off. Whenever she is working the same shift as us she is always leaving her dept, and walking by mine.. to see if I am there? The other day I walked over to his dept. to use his computer for something and about a minute later she comes up behind him and lays a big kiss on his cheek. Does she have some sort of feeling that he could be interested in me, so she is doing everything in her power to limit the alone time we have together?

I have respect for her, and I have always been taught to treat others as you wish to be treated, so I keep flirting to the absolute MINIMUM and I have never spoken up about my feelings. He has done the same. Although it is almost as if neither of us need to say anything at all because we already know.

I mean they have been together for so long, I should just let it rest, but I cannot help how I feel.