any ls'ers trying to loos weight?

• Author

tommorrow maybe I'll start a new thread for wednesday weight in and to see how we did with our goals.

Hey, question...

How often do each of you weigh??? I have read before to only do it once a week or you will feel defeated by not seeing huge progress, but I also read a study that says people who weight themselves every day are more in tune with how their activites affect their weight so they are more likely to control bad habits and keep it off...

For my personality every day works best for me, and the slow improvement is rewarding enough and it is good to see that I am not backsliding, but if I am I tighten things up right away...

What works for you all?

Also, do you have an analog or digital scale? I want one of those really nice ones that tells you body fat % and a digital readout because it is easier to see changes with those, but those can be $100+ and I could only afford the $10 analog so it is harder to see small changes....

Oh, so tomorrow is the weigh in now? Groovy, since monday morns I am often not at my appartment where my scale is....

I weigh myself once a week at the same time of day.

so, I have to ask, not you in particular, but your post made me think of something.

has anyone weighed them selves before and after a nice healty dump? :lmao:

or is that a guy thing?

anyway, I haved weighed before bed and when I wake up and honestly it has gone down by 3 lbs some nights. So I usually step on the scale in the morning once a week.

So I see we have Wed weigh ins now, will post tomorrow, currently I am at 193ish in the AM

I weigh myself every day, first thing in the morning, nekkid.

I do feel like I'm more in tune to my body by weighing myself every day. The scale will also kick my butt when I ate badly the day before which will keep me in check for a while. I'm also someone that can gain 3 lbs from one piece of birthday cake so I have always watched what I ate very carefully.

I'm like that too.... it sucks because I am super good at health food 98% of the time and reall good about exercising too, but if I just let myself go for that other 2% of the time, then BAM, fatty city! I gained 5 lbs over X-mas break since I got off my routine... way jealous of my room mate who is super skinny and never exercises and she has good eating habits, but I would still gain if I ate like her..... so jealous of people who don't have to watch it! It runs in my family, everyone is short and fatty... me and sis are determined not to be....

I was hoping I could get involved with this group too. I am 5'10" and almost 220, up from 180 two years ago and hoping to get back down there. I think it would help me a lot to have some encouragement and be able to track progress. Now if only I can find a work out partner here so I am forced to get out of bed and to the gym.

PS. Has anyone heard of Hoodia? I keep seeing stuff about it but wasn't sure of its true nature.

• Author

Welcome wing81

no I've never heard of hoodia.

I have a question for everyone. I weighed myself on my mom's scale last week I was 173 this week I was 172 but on the scale at work I am 174. Should I count it as 1lb weight loss or not?

Does anyone have any tips on keeping motivated?