any ls'ers trying to loos weight?

I actually really love to cook. For other people. I think sometimes I must abuse my body because I don't always think highly of myself. It's a subconscious thing. I kinda think if you really love and respect YOURSELF that you tend to treat your body better.... :(

• Author

well I don't post a lot on the weekends but everyone keep in mind your goals and I talk to everyone on Monday.

FoolishDriver
yesterday i ate half a mcDonald's cheeseburger for lunch and 1/4 of a frozen pizza and a half of a piece of cheesecake for dinner

You sound like those girls in the Lean Cuisine commercials:lmao: Then the fourth girl comes in and says she had "Roasted chicken tenderloins,freshly made fettuccini and hand-picked broccoli tossed in a creamy Alfredo sauce with parmesan and romano cheeses, served with apples in caramel sauce":laugh:

GRRRRRRRRR..... my diet is about to suffer because I am in my room at my appartment and I was about to have a nice light lunch (tomato soup, veggies and an egg--eggies are my favorite food and fave protein since I am a veggie) and go for a lovely walk and now my room mate and her boyfriend are breaking up in the livingroom/kitchen for about the 27th time... I don't think they know I am home cuz they usually don't shout this loud unless they think I am asleep... I am freaking hungry and locked in here with X-mas candy.... it reminds me of that episode of Friends when Ross and Rachel are breaking up and all the rest of the cast are locked in the bedroom and they eat the leg wax cuz they get hungry and Joey has to pee real bad.... I will be there soon cuz I just drank a diet Dr. Pepper... Well, I think I can resist the candy, but I hope this is over soon.... actually, if they are mad at each other tonight it will probably help my diet since we can't get roomie's BF to buy any wine for when my BF comes to visit (we are 20, roomie's BF is 21).... Wow, now there's an appetite suppressant... she just told him she can smell his balls from 3 ft away....ewww... I think I can deffinitely resist the candy.....

FoolishDriver

Come on, don't let them keep you locked up in your room. I dare you to go to the bathroom so they know you're home! What wsa the meaning behind smelling his balls from 3 ft away? Why did she tell him that? The longer you wait to make your presence known, the more embarassing it is going to be for them because they're going to eventually find out, if they don't know already...

I think your dare will come true since I am reaching critical pee mass.... hehe, what will you give me? My sister's idea was to crawl out the window with tissue boxes on my feet for shoes and walk to campus to use the bathroom and eat at the cafeteria.... only had 560 cals today so far....

FoolishDriver

That's a great idea. Just go straight to the bathroom, pee and head straight to the shower to give them time to cool down, leave or whatever!:D Point is coming up...lol

YAY, I did it.... I am so clean and shavelegged and everything elsed... and Jeff left.... poor room mate... YAY, but now I get my reputation pt.... haha, and in the spirit of this thread, I weighed myself in the bathroom and I was 2 lbs less than this morn cuz I burned off all the waterweight since I didn't have lunch.... I am gonna go make some now... at 5 pm.....

• Like 1
FoolishDriver

You just got some positive feedback, smoothlegged daredevil you lol Good job on losing the 2 pounds! I myself have a scale-phobia.:( Unless I know I've lost a ton of weight, I can't bring myself to get on the scale!

The concept of 'weight' is quickly becoming a concept of the past. Your weight doesnt necessarily make you healthy. Doctors are starting to look at body fat percentage/BMI to determine health, because muscle weighs more than fat. You could be of a healthy 'weight', but if its mostly fat (not muscle), you can still be at risk for certain health problems, especially if they run in your family. With things like heart disease, high cholesterol, etc. it happens a lot.

I'm 5'3" and I weight 110-155lbs. I have made many nurses scared, because I look much thinner than I actually weigh, because I work out, so its mostly muscle, not fat. They dont believe me until they force me onto a scale and play 20 questions.

My best advice, work on toning muscles, instead of losing 'weight'. You burn the unhealthy fat, and replace it with muscle. In other words, work out to build muscles. You'll gain weight, but it will be all muscle, and you'll LOOK and a lot more trim and fit....and exercise will make you FEEL happier and more energized if you do it on a regular basis, because of the endorphins your body releases. But you can't gauge your weight based on what everyone else weighs. Weight is proportionate to height, and plus everyone carries it differently. AND you dont know who's making up a 5 or 10 pound fib. It's all about being in shape, not how much you weigh.

Eat healthy, well balanced meals. Don't diet! Dieting is worse for you than anything else. It wrecks your self esteem too, once you finish your diet and the weight comes back. And theres nothing wrong with snacking, as long as youre not pigging out on junkfood every time you're hungry. Theres nothing wrong with eating the occasional burger or fries, but try substituting the chips for something healthier... like apple slices. You still get the same satisfaction in plopping on the couch, putting your feet up, and stuffing your face with the contents of a bag at the end of a long day, AND you'll notice a lot less jiggle. lol. One-a-day vitamins are also really important! Because, although I try, I dont get all the vitamins I need when I eat. The one-a-day vitamins gives me everything I need, so I dont miss out on anything. Quick fact: Vitamin C is the only vitamin your body can't make naturally. Vitamin C boosts your immune system, so you can stay healthy, and when you get sick, get over it faster. So it's important to make sure you're getting it.

When I was around 16 or so and 5'0",I used to barely squeeze into a size 9, and dieting only made it worse....I also come from an overweight family (immediate, both sides, and extended), so genetics aren't on my side either. I never thought i looked fat, but the numbers on my pants were telling me otherwise, and no matter how much I dieted, the numbers kept going up. It was really frustrating. I started running, and ended up on my high school track team. I wasnt the best...as a matter of fact I was barely good... but I kept at it. Even though I wasn't winning 1st place in everything I did, I burned the unhealthy fat, got in shape, and gained the discipline I desperately needed to care about exercising. I also did community rec softball...which gave me the same amount of exercise, but the pressure to win wasn't as bad. I can't play sports anymore, because of a knee injury I got playing softball, and then again during track my sophomore year, so when I work out now, I do it on an eliptical or cross trainer, because its low to no impact on my knees.... so it saves me a trip to the ER. lol.

I learned its not about dieting, it's about getting in shape. Right now I fit comfortably into a size 0 or 1. and I weigh 110-115lbs, and I've been this way for a few years. I can honestly say the advice I've given has worked for me, and for the most part (we all have that one thing we wish we could change) I couldnt be happier with how I look. I would really like to write a an exercise book or something like it about all this, because I really think its time to change how we look at eating healthy and exercise.

Doctors are starting to look at body fat percentage/BMI to determine health, because muscle weighs more than fat. You could be of a healthy 'weight', but if its mostly fat (not muscle), you can still be at risk for certain health problems, especially if they run in your family. With things like heart disease, high cholesterol, etc. it happens a lot.

Actually, now they're saying that even more important than BMI or any of the other measures is the waist-to-hip ratio. Ideally, women should have a waist-to-hip ratio of 0.8 or less and men should have a waist-to-hip ratio of 0.95 or less. Seems that fat around the abdomen is indicative of future health problems much more reliably than are any of the other measures.

well I don't post a lot on the weekends but everyone keep in mind your goals and I talk to everyone on Monday.

good morning

naked weight this morning 193 lbs, BUT I fluctuate 4 to 5 lbs in a day. Started at 200ish, so I will just say I am at 195ish now.

woo hoo 5 down, 20 more to go

plus NO smokes since jan9 and no cravings either

• Author
good morning

naked weight this morning 193 lbs, BUT I fluctuate 4 to 5 lbs in a day. Started at 200ish, so I will just say I am at 195ish now.

woo hoo 5 down, 20 more to go

plus NO smokes since jan9 and no cravings either

that is great! I was going to weigh myself on Wednesday I just need to buy a scale.

I walked for 20 minutes in Friday and again on Sunday. I moved to the house all day Saturday (does that count as exercise) and walked up 4 flights of stairs this am. So only one more 20 mintues walk to go before wednesday!

I just weighed myself and I am at 132.... pretty groovy... my goal was to be back to 130 by the end of this month so I am gonna have to be good this week! Kinda had some big food days this weekend b/c of party and going to IHOP for breakfast.... but not too bad.... this week should be good since even tho I am going away this weekend I am going to my parent's house but they won't be there so I will still be doing my own food, and going to BF's for 2 nights.... that will probably be free time since there will be a party and I am going to lobby at the state capitol and all of the food is provided to lobby-ers... so it will probably be a bagel and chips day.... but overall I think I can keep it together this week... and roomie and he now ex broke up so she drank all the leftover Mike's and ate the candy so less temptation there...

PS my starting weight on JAN 1 was 134, which was up from 127 before the holidays and that 2-week long cold I had.... I am not sure how much I have really lost since weight does fluctuate daily, but I think I am making a bit of progress

I was really bad this weekend. I can't even begin to describe. But it was my birthday and then my wedding shower, and my FMIL wanted to teach me how to make pie. Combine these three and we've got thousand upon thousands of calories. I haven't weighed myself yet. I'm going to wait until Wednesday. Maybe I can lose 5 lbs tomorrow! j/k of course.

I wasn't "bad" per se this weekend, but in a way I was. I don't need to lose weight, but I can tell the food I eat is bad. It isn't giving me nourishment. I feel tired and cranky a lot. My bloodsugar is all over the place. I wake up pissed off because I have low bloodsugar!

I'm trying this new thing, Dr. Desmaisons (sp?) theory on sugar sensitivity. I know I feed my body high fructose corn syrup way too much. I need more protein.

I had two minibagels and 2 tbsp. cream cheese this morning. I've started measuring everything that I eat.

Did you ever read that book Potatos not Prozac B_O? I don't know Dr. Desmaisons but I'm guessing the bottom line is the same, cut sugar it makes you physically and emotionally unhealthy. That's great that you're measuring your food and doing portion control. My personal opinion is that muffins and bagels are the root of all evil...it's still better than a Big Mac or some other fast food but the amount of carbs are just mind blowing. Whatever steps you take in the right direction are good ones though. :)

I was a bit sick yesterday and didn't make it to the gym. I weighed in this morning and my weight hasn't changed over the week. I still don't feel like my clothes fit me well. I'm going to the gym tonight and my friend has convinced me to try kickboxing with her tomorrow night. :)

Yes! I read the book...been doing my food journal. It's sick...I use food like a drug. Coffee in the morning, sugary soda in the afternoon, I use sugar like an "upper" -- gets me up in the morning, keeps me going when I need a nap.

I haven't even gotten to the point of cutting sugars. I'm still trying to force my body to eat 3 meals a day.

I know about the carbs, man. I loves me some carbs. I got the mini bagels because the regular ones are like 4 servings a bread apiece!

I hear ya B_O. I'm a carb addict that tries really hard not to be. Personally, I don't agree with her 3 meals a day. I eat 5 or 6 portioned meals a day and have always found that works best for me. I had at one point cut all refined sugars including ketchup and salad dressings. I couldn't do it though. I try to steer clear of the pure sugars like candy and what not but I need to eat salad and fruit and I still eat my meal bar daily which are higher in sugar than I care for them to be. The first week or two of cutting sugar and caffiene are tough but after that you get used to it. Just warn everyone that you're doing it so that they'll forgive you for being a cranky bytch. :laugh:

Hey, Wait up for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope its not too late for me to get in the group. I'm 5'3 weighing 198lbs. No excuse. I belong to a gym. In the past I get up to 2 wks of working out and stop. I need this to keep me motivated. I think I see that Mondays are the weigh in day is that right?