What do I do now?

SCMandy

I have been talking to a guy much older than me (I am 24, he is 48) for a few months. We ended up getting together recently and as we were hooking up i completely freaked out over how big he was and awkwardly and abruptly stopped things as a result. I feel stupid, embarrassed and just silly. I haven’t said anything to him since because I feel so dumb and don’t know what to do! I really like him, we have great chemistry and have had incredible conversations.

Any advice or thoughts?

NuevoYorko

Well, he's still going to be the same size if you try again.

Since you're just looking for casual sex, you might just keep looking for people who are a better fit (haha).   The online "talking" that you enjoy can continue as long as you both feel like spending your time that way.

• Like 2
Gaeta

There is nothing dumb here. I am glad you had enough confidence in yourself to say no at the last minute. You tell him you enjoyed the incredible conversation but you are not compatible and you move to next.

• Like 1
Sony12

Yeah if you two are just 'hooking up' I wouldn't worry about it. If he doesn't have the type of body you are looking for then just move on from the situation. A lot of 48 year olds have kids your age so chances are he isn't looking for anything more than some fun with a hot young thing anyways. He can find a young lady that likes them big.

• Like 1
  • Author
SCMandy
16 minutes ago, Sony12 said:

Yeah if you two are just 'hooking up' I wouldn't worry about it. If he doesn't have the type of body you are looking for then just move on from the situation. A lot of 48 year olds have kids your age so chances are he isn't looking for anything more than some fun with a hot young thing anyways. He can find a young lady that likes them big.

I guess I’m definitely curious and don’t mean that I don’t want to experience that.  It’s just I was shocked and not ready for it mainly.  And I worry that my reaction came across as silly or immature 

Sony12
2 minutes ago, SCMandy said:

I guess I’m definitely curious and don’t mean that I don’t want to experience that.  It’s just I was shocked and not ready for it mainly.  And I worry that my reaction came across as silly or immature 

Yeah just contact him again then and see if he would be interested in getting together. He shouldn't be emotionally distressed over the situation with someone half his age.

If you are worried about him putting it inside you just perform oral on him.

• Like 1
  • Author
SCMandy
1 minute ago, Sony12 said:

Yeah just contact him again then and see if he would be interested in getting together. He shouldn't be emotionally distressed over the situation with someone half his age.

If you are worried about him putting it inside you just perform oral on him.

I probably am just overthinking it.  I’m sure he’s had a similar reaction before so maybe he is used to it? Thank you for taking the time to respond 

NuevoYorko
4 minutes ago, SCMandy said:

Well - it's up to you to get over worrying about that.   It's understandable that you have those feelings but you have to just move on.  

Are you experienced in having hookups with guys from the internet that you have been "talking" to?   Do you feel safe and confident in that situation?  

Sony12
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, SCMandy said:

I probably am just overthinking it.  I’m sure he’s had a similar reaction before so maybe he is used to it? Thank you for taking the time to respond 

Some women like them big while others don't. That's a big reason women start dating younger men when they get older because older men begin having trouble with that.

If the guy is emotionally stable he should be able to handle it just fine. And yes if he is that big I'm sure he has had reactions like that before.

Edited by Sony12
  • Like 1
stillafool

Personally, too big can cause major problems if you aren't really hot for it. I wouldn't want to be stretched out like a ballon for a hookup.  I'd have to be dead serious about him.

• Like 4
Gaeta

If he is that big then he needs to be patient and sensitive to his lady. I would not trust a stranger to use patience and care with me. You sound young and a bit inexperienced, I would not pursue anything with him. 

• Like 3
Sony12
Posted (edited)

I do wonder if the guy had used some E.D. stuff before your encounter. I could see a guy doing that who thought he was going to have sex with a lady 24 years younger than him.

Edited by Sony12
  • Author
SCMandy
38 minutes ago, NuevoYorko said:

Well - it's up to you to get over worrying about that.   It's understandable that you have those feelings but you have to just move on.  

Are you experienced in having hookups with guys from the internet that you have been "talking" to?   Do you feel safe and confident in that situation?  

I didn’t meet him on the internet so I’ve felt comfortable with him from the beginning 

• Author
SCMandy
39 minutes ago, Sony12 said:

Some women like them big while others don't. That's a big reason women start dating younger men when they get older because older men begin having trouble with that.

If the guy is emotionally stable he should be able to handle it just fine. And yes if he is that big I'm sure he has had reactions like that before.

He was very kind and understanding in the moment for sure and I appreciated that immensely.  I have to assume he’s had that reaction before, I can’t imagine many guys are as big as he is, it’s crazy 

stillafool

Serious question:  Are there no younger men available for you to hook up with?

• Like 1
  • Author
SCMandy
Just now, stillafool said:

Serious question:  Are there no younger men available for you to hook up with?

There are.  I just don’t connect really well with guys my age.  They are extremely arrogant, emotionally immature and unable to even hold a reasonable conversation.  So there is no connection, it’s all physical.

Sony12
1 minute ago, SCMandy said:

There are.  I just don’t connect really well with guys my age.  They are extremely arrogant, emotionally immature and unable to even hold a reasonable conversation.  So there is no connection, it’s all physical.

That's probably true. However men old enough to be your dad likely aren't going to be interested in much more than physical either. They will just be better at masking it because they will in many cases be better at talking to women.

Does this guy have kids your age? Is he recently divorced? How much about his personal life do you actually know?

• Like 3
  • Author
SCMandy
13 minutes ago, Sony12 said:

That's probably true. However men old enough to be your dad likely aren't going to be interested in much more than physical either. They will just be better at masking it because they will in many cases be better at talking to women.

Does this guy have kids your age? Is he recently divorced? How much about his personal life do you actually know?

I know quite a bit.  We’ve been talking for months leading up to now.  He does have a son a year younger than me who lives in California now.  His wife passed away almost 3 years ago.

We definitely have a good connection and can talk for hours, about anything

Sony12
7 minutes ago, SCMandy said:

I know quite a bit.  We’ve been talking for months leading up to now.  He does have a son a year younger than me who lives in California now.  His wife passed away almost 3 years ago.

That's good. Be careful about the situation though and if you can try to avoid getting too attached because if he has a kid just a year younger than you chances are slim he would be looking for anything remotely serious from the situation. 

• Like 1
Gaeta
21 minutes ago, SCMandy said:

A man that age would probably lick he floor if he thought that would lead you (24) into his bed. Like @Sony12 said older men are just really good at masking their game. 

You wanting the attention of an older man is common among younger women. Him wanting sex with a young woman the age of his own children is dirty/creepy.

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, SCMandy said:

I hope you're aware that the bolded is NOT what hookups usually do. It sounds like you're catching feelings. Just be aware that this likely isn't going to lead anywhere.

• Like 3
Sony12
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Gaeta said:

@Sony12Him wanting sex with a young woman the age of his own children is dirty/creepy.

It can definitely be viewed as creepy and dirty but it has become somewhat common in the current culture of dating for both men and women.  People have a lot more available to them now than ever before and some will actively look into living out that fantasy.

Edited by Sony12
  • Thanks 1
  • Author
SCMandy
27 minutes ago, Els said:

I hope you're aware that the bolded is NOT what hookups usually do. It sounds like you're catching feelings. Just be aware that this likely isn't going to lead anywhere.

That’s a fair point for sure.  Definitely something for me to be mindful of, thank you for calling that out!

flitzanu

if you are honest with him, i can't imagine how this would be negative.  any situation of telling a guy how "big" he is should be just fine and great for the ego.

doing the opposite - absolutely not. 

• Like 1
Sony12
Posted (edited)

The guy needs to find himself an in shape 70 year old who is pining for a big one.

Edited by Sony12