Virtual Cheating to reality…

• Author
13 minutes ago, mark clemson said:

It does happen. She may live in a less populated area with fewer high-quality men around who aren't already taken. Or just like the "excitement" etc. Of course she may not be that gorgeous either.

That said, OP it seems you're choosing the course of wisdom here and not meeting up with this woman and looking to taper off or end the LD affair. That is certainly the less risky path, sometimes it's better to turn back before things go too far and one ends up in a calamitous situation. You've already taken a lot of risks frankly, although you seem to be well aware of that.

You might look back one day and say "wow that was sure a crazy time" rather than looking back and saying "wow I sure screwed up and blew up my marriage".

Thank you for your comment Mark. I wouldn’t say she’s gorgeous but she’s definitely cute. Long curly hair, nice body, cute face, 10 yrs younger than my wife etc. As Seinfeld said in an episode: “She possesses all the qualities desired by the superficial man.” 

You’re right, I’d rather look back and say “phew” than say “WTF was I thinking?” 

55 minutes ago, Midas1 said:

This was mostly a joke because it seemed that some ppl on this thread thought that I was getting scammed rather than actually going through something that I came here in search of some advice for. 

The scam she is running is as old as time… Just because she is not asking for money doesn’t mean that you are not being scammed. 

Why do I say that - because she moved quickly to sexual discussion/virtual sex acts. A lonely woman living in a rural setting with few good relationship opportunities doesn’t do that… You should really wonder about any woman who is comfortable doing this with a virtual stranger - of course, there are lots of people online who do, but they are generally not looking for a legitimate relationship to develop from what begins as a highly sexualized interaction. And if they are - buyer beware.

She may not be asking for money, but what you risk loosing if you continue to stay in contact/meet this woman is worth far more than money…

Edited by BaileyB
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, Midas1 said:

she’s definitely cute. Long curly hair, nice body, cute face, 10 yrs younger than my wife etc.

And she wants sex with a married old man?. It's ok to dream, even pretending you have sleuthed your way into a secret identity, etc.

Meanwhile your wife is quietly gathering evidence to take to her attorney. Your wife knows who you are and has access to a lot more than you think. 

• Like 1