Tired, so tired

stillafool
3 hours ago, Luna66star said:

When you get sick or need emotional support, will this man drop everything and be there for you?  

Or when you get old or sick, will he be there physically, emotionally and financially?  Have you made up your mind that you don't want children?

6 hours ago, SideChick23 said:

I’m holding out hope that we will beat the odds and end up together in the end. 

I hate to state the obvious but you are not going to beat the odds and end up together if he is not willing to discuss divorce with his wife. 

Edited by BaileyB
7 hours ago, SideChick23 said:

Update: we are still a thing and now on year 7. We’ve been very happy and stronger than ever. He is no closer to even discussing divorce and while I feel stupid for continuing this affair, I’m happy. I’m holding out hope that we will beat the odds and end up together in the end. 

I know many will disagree with me, but I truly do love him. 

If you are happy with the situation, why are you writing here?  Is it for attention?

• Like 3
7 hours ago, SideChick23 said:

We’ve been very happy and stronger than ever. He is no closer to even discussing divorce and while I feel stupid for continuing this affair, I’m happy. 

That's ok. There are arrangements like this throughout all time. Mistresses, kept women, concubines, etc. It's nothing new and you seem to tolerate it.

Perhaps one day you'll grow tired of it and want a real partner, but unavailable people choose other unavailable people. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, SideChick23 said:

Update: we are still a thing and now on year 7. We’ve been very happy and stronger than ever. He is no closer to even discussing divorce and while I feel stupid for continuing this affair, I’m happy. I’m holding out hope that we will beat the odds and end up together in the end. 

I know many will disagree with me, but I truly do love him. 

Well, if you’re happy, you’re happy. That’s all that matters. I would strongly recommend though that you stop hoping for him to divorce. The odds are not in your favor. And he even says that. What more can you ask for? That’s your evidence right there.

….. enjoy what you have and don’t hope for more. If you do, you’re gonna make yourself miserable.

The truth is that he has already told you what he will and will not do. So he will get what he wants. Are you going to help him get what he wants to get? It’s all in your hands.

On 6/12/2023 at 8:51 AM, SideChick23 said:

I have no intentions of reaching out to him at all. I’m staying on my path to healing. 

On 6/12/2023 at 5:14 PM, SideChick23 said:

Do you think he will try to reach out? I’m trying to prepare for the worst. 

I’m curious how you got from this six months ago… 

to this…

10 hours ago, SideChick23 said:

We’ve been very happy and stronger than ever.

Six months ago you said if he ever came back you would ask him to leave his wife - and then you walked back that statement… I don’t know what you are trying to prove or to whom… For what it’s worth, based on your previous posts I don’t believe for one moment that you are contented with your position in life - despite the fact that you have hung around for seven years now… 

• Like 2