It appears 'Honesty' doesnt work in the Dating World so I need to become a 'Good Liar'

IntBrowser

9 minutes ago, IntBrowser said:

see I wanted you to hold the congrats because it was no LIVE conversation yet after the date.    So I just called at 730pm and no answer and no I didnt leave a message.     So its not looking good. 

She's busy, it's dinner time and she had kids.

How old are her children?

13 minutes ago, Gaeta said:

She's busy, it's dinner time and she had kids.

How old are her children?

Or if the kids are younger, they ate at 5:30pm and it's now bath/book/family time.   @IntBrowser if you're going to date a mother, it's important to understand that she has priorities other than you.    If she's interested, she'll respond when the kids are settled and she's had a chance to catch her breath.  

• Like 2
  • Author
IntBrowser
3 minutes ago, basil67 said:

Or if the kids are younger, they ate at 5:30pm and it's now bath/book/family time.   @IntBrowser if you're going to date a mother, it's important to understand that she has priorities other than you.    If she's interested, she'll respond when the kids are settled and she's had a chance to catch her breath.  

two grown kids i think ,and another.    I havent been unmatched yet so u could be right but it doesnt look

• Author
IntBrowser
8 minutes ago, basil67 said:

Just want to let u know that I called the same time she called me before we met at 730pm.    

Don't be so anxious. It was 1 meeting. It went well. Now do not ruin it. You don't have to talk to her every day, relax. 

Edited by Gaeta
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
dramafreezone
3 minutes ago, Gaeta said:

Don't be so anxious. It was 1 meeting. It went well. Now do not ruin it. You don't have to talk to her every day, relax. 

Correct, OP don't put so much emotional investment into this one date.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Cookiesandough said:

I guess I don’t see it as much of a faux pas as you guys seem to think it is. But I understand.  I respect the opinions,  but I guess I believe that one person‘s bad impression is another person‘s good, in cases such as these. Personally, it would look good to me on two fronts because I like nightish owls and  it says he’s spending his Sat evening talking to me. People seem to splitting hairs on what made them lose interest. It could be that...  or anything else but I feel like Ints issue is ultimately bigger than something like that, based on posts he’s made. Jmo 

I get what you’re saying and I agree some posters sometimes find the most arbitrary reasons for telling someone “that’s why she didn’t agree to a second date!” I don’t generally go down that road  

I agree the issue in this case is bigger but these smaller behaviours, I believe are symptoms of that bigger issue. From my perspective at least. 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Cookiesandough said:

Nothing IMO. I prob won’t ask answer a text before 11pm on a sat 

3 hours ago, poppyfields said:

Excellent, I think you may have met your match!  😂

Some of the best convos I've had are at like 1:00-2:00 am in the morning, lol.

Those 2am convos hit different though 💖☺️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Author
IntBrowser
1 hour ago, Gaeta said:

I know but history is telling me......."its not looking good" lol       So at this point I guess I do nothing until wed or thurs?  Or nothing else?

42 minutes ago, IntBrowser said:

I know but history is telling me......."its not looking good" lol       So at this point I guess I do nothing until wed or thurs?  Or nothing else?

It's not gonna work until it does. This might be the one, or it might not be. You have noooooo control over it. Let life happen 😄 and don't text anymore. Leave it alone. She will get back to you. 

• Author
IntBrowser
57 minutes ago, Gaeta said:

It's not gonna work until it does. This might be the one, or it might not be. You have noooooo control over it. Let life happen 😄 and don't text anymore. Leave it alone. She will get back to you. 

I knew it, That's normally the test right there when u call for the 1st time after the date and no answer.      Which is weird since she took off her seatbelt to hug me before I got out of her car.     And then responded to this my text that night

You see how easy it is to hate dating?

HotRevolver93

People always say this but it only works if she actually likes you already lol.

I could go up to any crush I’ve had and “lie” that I love them, it doesn’t mean she’s gonna have sex with me 

• Author
IntBrowser
4 hours ago, basil67 said:

So how long has it been since you sent the message?  

Never sent a message I called at 7:30pm.    When I heard the voicemail I had a bad feeling.     Kind of strange she would answer a text the same night as the date and ask how was the dinner with my mom.    But today dont answer the phone or send a text

Even suggested sitting in the park after brunch but it was too chilly

• Author
IntBrowser
4 hours ago, dramafreezone said:

Correct, OP don't put so much emotional investment into this one date.

I dont have anymore matches lol  If I did I would be focused on that

norealusername

You get more matches than I ever did so you ain't doing too bad. Don't get too focused or worried about each woman. Don't dwell on the messages and stuff, just keep doing it. Eventually you'll meet someone you click with.

• Author
IntBrowser
2 hours ago, norealusername said:

You get more matches than I ever did so you ain't doing too bad. Don't get too focused or worried about each woman. Don't dwell on the messages and stuff, just keep doing it. Eventually you'll meet someone you click with.

If I got multiple matches a week then I would agree with you.   For me its one match a month so I guess the next one will be in June

• Author
IntBrowser
2 hours ago, Dis said:

So how long has it been since you heard from her?

Saturday.   I put her on block at 7pm tonight to relieve my mind of it until tomorrow.   So she maybe contacting me but I dont know because she cant get through.     But you can see how this makes a person not even want to bother going out again when all things was positive.   It appeared that she had a real interest in me.    

Laughing at my jokes.    One joke I made she laughed so loud the entire restaurant heard her

asking about my mom

sharing embarrassing moments

suggesting we sit in the park

So that's why when I called I was confident she would answer the phone

1 minute ago, IntBrowser said:

Saturday.   I put her on block at 7pm tonight to relieve my mind of it until tomorrow.   So she maybe contacting me but I dont know because she cant get through.     But you can see how this makes a person not even want to bother going out again when all things was positive.   It appeared that she had a real interest in me.    

Laughing at my jokes.    One joke I made she laughed so loud the entire restaurant heard her

asking about my mom

sharing embarrassing moments

suggesting we sit in the park

So that's why when I called I was confident she would answer the phone

Well when I'm on a date with a guy I'm not interested in, I act kind of interested just to get through the date. The only reason why is because it would be awkward if I acted disinterested. I just let him know after the date that I'm not feeling it. 

Or maybe she was interested but changed her mind after the date

What happened after you guys went out? Did you text her, did you ask for a second date? 

• Author
IntBrowser
21 minutes ago, Dis said:

Well when I'm on a date with a guy I'm not interested in, I act kind of interested just to get through the date. The only reason why is because it would be awkward if I acted disinterested. I just let him know after the date that I'm not feeling it. 

Or maybe she was interested but changed her mind after the date

What happened after you guys went out? Did you text her, did you ask for a second date? 

toward the end of the date I mentioned since she was into sports we can have a sports bar type date and she said was like yeah we will talk more about it

since I had a mothers day dinner scheduled with my mom, I didnt contact her until that night around 12am and she asked how was the dinner

1 minute ago, IntBrowser said:

toward the end of the date I mentioned since she was into sports we can have a sports bar type date and she said was like yeah we will talk more about it

since I had a mothers day dinner scheduled with my mom, I didnt contact her until that night around 12am and she asked how was the dinner

"we'll talk more about it" = no

You should've texted her to keep you in her thoughts. Not over the top texting but to touch base. 

• Author
IntBrowser
53 minutes ago, Dis said:

You should've texted her to keep you in her thoughts. Not over the top texting but to touch base. 

53 minutes ago, Dis said:

well i wasnt going to go into full detail at that moment

Trail Blazer

Women don't want to hear lies when chatting, but they seemingly don't like hearing your truth, either.

Your logic is very bizarre.  You bemoan relationships being built on lies, then proceed to admit that you'll be lying as well.

Good luck, pal.  Honesty is always the best policy.  If a woman rejects you for who you are then she isn't right for you.

Unless you're looking for one-night stand or casual/FWB, then lying will see you get caught out in no time.

• Like 1