It appears 'Honesty' doesnt work in the Dating World so I need to become a 'Good Liar'

IntBrowser

I can't wait to hear how this goes. Remember to ask her questions and give her feedback on her answers...don't just talk about yourself. Nothing worse than a guy who keeps the convo centered around himself and doesn't try to get to know you

Good luck! :) 

• Author
IntBrowser
11 hours ago, Dis said:

I can't wait to hear how this goes. Remember to ask her questions and give her feedback on her answers...don't just talk about yourself. Nothing worse than a guy who keeps the convo centered around himself and doesn't try to get to know you

Just found out its supposed to rain tomorrow afternoon.    It seems like there are nice weather days when I dont have a date.   I always hated taking a umbrella on a 1st date.    

• Author
IntBrowser
11 hours ago, Dis said:

Im also switching up, I plan to rock the beard for the first time on a date

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, IntBrowser said:

Just found out its supposed to rain tomorrow afternoon.    It seems like there are nice weather days when I dont have a date.   I always hated taking a umbrella on a 1st date.    

omg I remember you had a thread about that once! Did you not cancel the date too because it was raining!

Don't be so set in your ways!! It's just rain.Don't let small things bother you. You may end up kissing under that umbrella. 

Edited by Gaeta
  • Like 1
  • Author
IntBrowser
8 minutes ago, Gaeta said:

omg I remember you had a thread about that once! Did you not cancel the date too because it was raining!

Don't be so set in your ways!! It's just rain.Don't let small things bother you. You may end up kissing under that umbrella. 

The only way I would cancel is a Thunderstorm.   Other than that I am going

• Like 2
12 hours ago, IntBrowser said:

Im also switching up, I plan to rock the beard for the first time on a date

I'm personally a huge fan of men with beards. Just make sure it's neatly trimmed, clean and smells good

Let us know how it goes! :) 

• Like 1
  • Author
IntBrowser
15 hours ago, Dis said:

I'm personally a huge fan of men with beards. Just make sure it's neatly trimmed, clean and smells good

Let us know how it goes! :) 

went well, lasted about 90 mins she wanted to go to the park afterwards but its too chilly today with rain coming soon.   Plus I have a mothers day dinner to go to tonight so the meeting was going to be only a couple of hours.   So we discussed future plans which is going to be a sportsbar date since she likes basketball.    Something I normally dont do at the ends of dates and would go home and wait for a text lol      

• Like 2
  • Author
IntBrowser
5 hours ago, norealusername said:

Sounds like it went well. Good luck

Yeah that was the 1st time someone wanted to extend the date since the summer of 2019

• Like 2

That is wonderful !!!

Next date is next weekend?

You tried something out of your comfort zone! You mentionned a 2nd date right away and it had a positive outcome!! Congratss!!

• Author
IntBrowser
On 5/9/2021 at 12:13 AM, Gaeta said:

That is wonderful !!!

You tried something out of your comfort zone! You mentionned a 2nd date right away and it had a positive outcome!! Congratss!!

Well nothing is set yet.     We hugged at the end of the 1st  date and I text her at the end of the day around 12am telling her to have a nice Mother's Day.    And she replied with thank you and asked me how was the mother's dinner with my mom and I sent her a pic of the meal.    We didnt talk at all yesterday which is not a big deal.     But this is where I was with a woman  I ,met in February.     We met on a saturday, I felt it went well.   I called her once I arrived home and didnt talk the next day since it was SuperBowl Sunday.   After that she never responded or contacted me again.    Not saying that will happen with this woman but the situation is very similar.    And in the woman's case in February, she actually answered the phone when I called after the date which made it even more confusing

Cookiesandough
On 5/3/2021 at 1:45 AM, IntBrowser said:

That what it seems like what women want to hear when chatting, LIES lol      Soon as I tell the truth they are turned off so I guess that's why so many relationships are built on lies.    I was asked tonight Did I cook my dinner and what did I do this  weekend and I guess my answers wasn't EXCITING ENOUGH" so I was unmatched.     I told her no I didnt cook my dinner, I put it in the oven and this weekend I just went clothes shopping and was in all day today relaxing.      Then she says........"You dont have any male friends?     And I explained they are married or relocated so we dont see each other that often.     So far now on I am just saying what women wants to hear because being truthful is boring

Did you cook it?  YES I DID IT, I just started cooking 2 years ago I have a friend who is a chef

Do you like your job?  YES YES I LOVE IT, I get to help resolve sooooo many issues and it makes me feeel gooood

So that's what it seems like I have to do now in order to succeed..........Be FAKE.       I have gotten that DID U MAKE IT? question from 98% of the women I spoke to on the phone.     And she seemed like a nice down to earth lady from her pics.      All I can say is WOW

Found the new guy.  99% of socialization repertoire, at least in the beginning, is fake af.  When someone asks you how you are, they don’t want to hear that you are depressed AF, thinking about going impatient tomorrow. Lol. Dating is a bit like selling yourself, initially. Not saying that you completely lie but you need to embellish a little bit. Add a little ‘flair’  there. Use a little hyperbole there. It’s part of being a good conversationalist/having charisma. Making simple things seem more interesting. Don’t sell a lie or bait and switch, but you want to play up those best assets because this person most likely doesn’t know you very much from Adam, so if Adam has makes a funny quip about the leek and ponzu vichyssoise with yogurt mousse he just had while vacationing in Mykonos, and you say “chicken and rice” who you think she gone choose? 

Edited by Cookiesandough
12 minutes ago, jspice said:

Why do you keep texting women after 11 pm?

Oh good catch. When he said 12 am, I thought noon but it's midnight!!

• Like 1
  • Author
IntBrowser
21 minutes ago, jspice said:

Why do you keep texting women after 11 pm?

What's wrong with a text at 12am on a saturday?

Cookiesandough
19 minutes ago, IntBrowser said:

Nothing IMO. I prob won’t ask answer a text before 11pm on a sat 

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, IntBrowser said:

It's rude, you have no clue if she's in bed sleeping and it might wake her up. 

• Like 2
  • Author
IntBrowser
10 minutes ago, Gaeta said:

Oh good catch. When he said 12 am, I thought noon but it's midnight!!

It wasnt like it was a phone call

• Author
IntBrowser
4 minutes ago, Gaeta said:

It's rude, you have no clue if she's in bed sleeping and it might wake her up. 

well she responded right away

poppyfields
8 minutes ago, IntBrowser said:

well she responded right away

Excellent, I think you may have met your match!  😂

Some of the best convos I've had are at like 1:00-2:00 am in the morning, lol.

• Thanks 2
10 minutes ago, IntBrowser said:

It wasnt like it was a phone call

You are not 16 years old. You are an adult man who's aware of social grace. This is not a girlfriend you know she's up at that time. This is a woman  you know nothing about so far, you don't know what tick her off so you stay on your best behavior and that means you don't text her at midnight. 

• Like 3
Cookiesandough

I guess I don’t see it as much of a faux pas as you guys seem to think it is. But I understand.  I respect the opinions,  but I guess I believe that one person‘s bad impression is another person‘s good, in cases such as these. Personally, it would look good to me on two fronts because I like nightish owls and  it says he’s spending his Sat evening talking to me. People seem to splitting hairs on what made them lose interest. It could be that...  or anything else but I feel like Ints issue is ultimately bigger than something like that, based on posts he’s made. Jmo 

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 1
  • Author
IntBrowser
On 5/9/2021 at 12:13 AM, Gaeta said:

That is wonderful !!!

see I wanted you to hold the congrats because it was no LIVE conversation yet after the date.    So I just called at 730pm and no answer and no I didnt leave a message.     So its not looking good. 

• Author
IntBrowser
2 hours ago, poppyfields said:

Excellent, I think you may have met your match!  😂

Some of the best convos I've had are at like 1:00-2:00 am in the morning, lol.

Slow down its not looking good at this moment.     I just called and no answer.     Not a good sign at all