People cancelling dates

fred123

Something made her suddenly afraid.

maybe the OP knew he was a crappy cook?! or that he was planning on making meatloaf?

CautiouslyOptimistic
really?

iv heard women posters on here asking what should they do because they want to be intimate with the guy and people advising them to invite them round and cook dinner. why isnt it contrivrd when a women does it but when a man does it is?

I don't think I've ever seen a post by a woman wondering how she can get her man into the sack!

• Like 1

And, I'm sorry...but it is going to be a turn off to most women to go to a guy's PARENT'S house for dinner/sex.

That's just weird.

• Like 1
maybe the OP knew he was a crappy cook?! or that he was planning on making meatloaf?
It's the way it happens with me. I can cook up a batch of food poisoning that will take out a whole family tree.
  • Like 2
  • Author

its intereating to know peoples thoughts on this from both sexes. lol

just learning still on wats right or wrong and what i should accept or not.

its so hard as a guy to read a girls interest. damn being a man!

I don't think I've ever seen a post by a woman wondering how she can get her man into the sack!
We had one about a week or so ago asking how to seduce him properly. That was how she phrased it and it is in the thread title that way.
  • Like 1
  • Author

why do i feel that there is double standards in dating because every situation or scenario i post has different views depending on if you are a girl or boy?!

• Author
We had one about a week or so ago asking how to seduce him properly. That was how she phrased it and it is in the thread title that way.

exactly!. can u post the link please

its so hard as a guy to read a girls interest. damn being a man!
It isn't that hard, once you learn. I might have to be around them 2-3 times depending on the venue, but it isn't that hard to figure out. Once you try to make the first date it becomes even easier because now you have their direct focus.
why do i feel that there is double standards in dating because every situation or scenario i post has different views depending on if you are a girl or boy?!
Gender roles exist,...and contrary to PC culture,...they are different.
Mrs._December

Oh gosh, I didn't know you were a youngin' still living at home with his parents.

That kind of changes things.

I'll have to assume that she didn't cancel due to being nervous about having to be alone with you if your parents were going to be hanging out in the next room trying to give you two some privacy. :lmao: I'll also assume you were probably just going to order a pizza or heat up something relatively simple.

Truthfully, I wouldn't want to come to your house either if you still live with your parents. No one wants to do that once they're older. You have to do that crap when you're teenagers in high school but not adults. That's kind of lame. :(

But it was still rude of her to cancel on you at the 11th hour. I still stand by that.

• Like 1

I kinda skipped to the end here, but this is by far my biggest gripe with women. I find it incredibly disrespectful to schedule a date then cancel, for any reason, and women do this like its their job and expect you to just be OK with it. I'm not and will not be, if you cancel on me expect a non-zero chance I drop you.

I honestly think the only ones who think this is OK are the cancellers, not the people getting cancelled on.

But it was still rude of her to cancel on you at the 11th hour. I still stand by that.

But maybe she had no say in the matter, her parents may have decided for her, as soon as they realised her plans for the evening...

• Like 1
  • Author
Ah yes, now I remember. I stand corrected.

wow such double standards. i read the posts from all the women advising the girl to cook for the man. not one girl said it was contrived and that it was wrong to push the man into sex. pffft this double standards is a joke no? why is it women dont admit they have double standards?!!!

I kinda skipped to the end here, but this is by far my biggest gripe with women. I find it incredibly disrespectful to schedule a date then cancel, for any reason,
For ANY reason? No, there are good reasons. There is always more to the story. Women don't break dates at the last minute for no reason. There is always a reason, but the guy may just never know what it was.
  • Like 1
wow such double standards. i read the posts from all the women advising the girl to cook for the man. not one girl said it was contrived and that it was wrong to push the man into sex. pffft this double standards is a joke no? why is it women dont admit they have double standards?!!!
You can whine and complain about the game,...or you can just learn to play to win. I pick the later.

First, this is an incident from a while back...not something that just happened this week, so you have to move on from it.

Second, you need to better your own life and situation so that it is more attractive to women. If you want women to be willing to come to your place so you can cook and have private time with them then you're going to have to have a place of your own/with a roommate, not with your parents. Especially as you get older.

Third, double standards exist. That's just life. You aren't going to change it.

• Like 1

I've had enough of the cancelled dates PRW. They always try to concoct the most elaborate and worthwhile excuses usually, but at the end of the day my cancel rate at times is >50%. I don't legit cancel things more then 50% of the time. As a group I just don't believe the reasons anymore.

If the above makes me weed out some interested women fine. I'd rather do that than pursuing some girl that has no interest, little interest, or plain gives so little ****s that she doesn't mind ruining my evening for no reason...

FWIW I had a girl tell me once that if you keep asking them out and they keep cancelling the girl will slowly realize she's messing it up, but idk, do I really want to date that type of girl.

I changed my mind and agree with the others. She sensed you were setting it up for sex and put the breaks on albeit a little too late. It’s clear by the OP’s posts sex was all this was about. Not about dinner really.

Honestly I really dislike the dinner-trap 3rd 4th date clearly-for-sex invitation. Invite me for a regular date, if I decide I want sex I can always go home with you later. This kind of invitation when there was no intimacy before makes most women really uncomfortable.

• Like 2

She may have had her reasons and they were all legitimate, but to cancel at the 11th hour when she knew there were implications that you dedicated time and money to prepare for her coming over, is crappy on her part.

To me, that is someone that is too immature to date. I don't ever cancel last minute because I am mature enough not to make plans that I am unsure about. If I were to make plans that I flaked on, I would be adult enough to be honest beforehand and would not wait until the last minute.

Regardless of the reason, she handled it terribly and that is on her. If I were to make plans again, I would not trust she would show up. If I have to wonder if someone is not going to show up for any reason and I don't trust they take the easiest step of following through, I find it stressful to date that person, waiting and wondering. Therefor, I move on pretty quickly to someone who is fun to date and not frustrating.

The women posting that she thought it was too soon, whatever...they would not feel the same way about a guy no showing on date #2 or #3, or texting while she is at a nice restaurant waiting for him and telling her, "Not going to make it"...because the guy thought date #3 and a $200 dinner conveys I am really into her and I am not ready to admit that yet so let me cancel on her and leave her all alone at the very last minute.

On top of that, it is only an assumption that she cancelled because she was not ready for sex or felt pressure because it was implied. So without knowing the reason and regardless of the reason, this girl pulled a d*ck move and should be called out for such.

:confused: I can’t believe you omitted this info from the original post

hard to be sponataneous when both people live with their parents
  • Like 2