People cancelling dates

fred123

• Author
You said you would only accept her picking up food and having a date in his apartment (paraphrasing). Would not take her out. Like she owes him an in-apartment "date" or something. Maybe she's not ready.

shes not ready becasue she has low interest? how long should a guy wait? 3 months until she is ready?

CautiouslyOptimistic
Apparently some girls prefer to take it slowwww because moving too fast means the guy will bail soon too.

Or.....she just want to take it slow. Period.

CautiouslyOptimistic
shes not ready becasue she has low interest? how long should a guy wait? 3 months until she is ready?

Yes. If that's what she needs.She's not wrong. If that's not quick enough for you, you're not wrong either.

Or.....she just want to take it slow. Period.

As I girl I think when a girl wants to take it slow it's either because she doesn't have high interest or she has super high interest and dont want to ruining it by moving too fast

• Like 1
  • Author
Yes. If that's what she needs.She's not wrong. If that's not quick enough for you, you're not wrong either.

why make me wait so long when she doesnt make other guys shes really into wait?

I agree with the below, in theory.

But maybe she just had a headache, woke up too early and was falling asleep, got her period... who knows. I've had situations when I didn't want the first more intimate night to suck, so I cancelled/rescheduled.

Although she should have let OP know way before one hour, maybe there is a legitimate reason she cancelled. I have a 3 strike policy. One cancellation should not make people give up on someone.

As I girl I think when a girl wants to take it slow it's either because she doesn't have high interest or she has super high interest and dont want to ruining it by moving too fast

That in no way translates to her owing anything. I did not say she owed him a second date. I said that is the only thing I would accept should she WANT a second date.

I have that right, just as much as she has the right to cancel at the 11th hour.

I see a lot of the replies show the double standard in dating, especially from the women. Because the cancellation was by a woman, she should be understood for having a reason that you may not know but should be sympathetic about and she deserves another chance . Meanwhile if this was a guy who canceled last minute, all the women posters would be calling for his head, saying he is a d*ck etc.

So to sum it up OP, no, this girl does not deserve another chance. No respectable human being cancels plans an hour before & she doesn’t deserve a free pass because it’s a woman doing the canceling instead of a man.

• Like 2

>> if the guy is making dinner for the girl and already made plans and yes after 4 dates wats wrong with a bit of privacy and intimacy.<<

EVERYTHING is wrong with it if she isn't ready for privacy and intimacy.

When I read what you wrote, it appears you were expecting sexual contact. If she wasn't on the same page and she started to be aware shortly before the date that sexual contact was your expectation, then it is reasonable that she'd cancel.

Yes, she could tell you that she didn't want physical intimacy and still come over so that the meal isn't wasted. But threads on this forum make it pretty clear that if you'd tried it on her anyway, she'd be blamed by many for making a bad choice in being alone with you.

Edited by basil67
  • Like 2
and invite for dinner at home is not an uncommon request for date #4

Not uncommon at all. But if she became aware of his sexual expectations and wasn't on the same page, then it's reasonable to pull out. The late notice may be because she took time to get opinions from her girlfriends.

A girl can't be too careful.

• Like 2

Totally disrespectful by this girl. I would say ok, no worries when she cancelled the date as you were prepping and cooking the food.

Then never contact her again, if she contacted me looking to make things up to me, i.e. she invited me out, showed that she was interested, and paid then I would give her another chance.

If she was not comfortable coming to your place for dinner she should have said so when you asked not an hour before hand knowing you would be prepping and cooking dinner.. Does not get more rude and disrespectful than this woman

Otherwise she is rude, selfish, and disrespectful.

you do not want to date someone like this.

Hope you find a more mature woman to date than this one

I wish you the best

CautiouslyOptimistic
why make me wait so long when she doesnt make other guys shes really into wait?

And you know this how?

Sounds like your frustration is more over not getting sex than wasting a meal.

• Like 4

It all sounds a tad contrived.

4th date, cooked meal, then sex...

Its not sexy, its a trap... she doesn't like it, she hems and haws then she bails last minute.

• Like 4
CautiouslyOptimistic

Agree, Elaine, this is exactly what happened.

Was she rude for not coming to this decision earlier? Yes.

• Like 1
  • Author
It all sounds a tad contrived.

4th date, cooked meal, then sex...

Its not sexy, its a trap... she doesn't like it, she hems and haws then she bails last minute.

really?

iv heard women posters on here asking what should they do because they want to be intimate with the guy and people advising them to invite them round and cook dinner. why isnt it contrivrd when a women does it but when a man does it is?

Because women get to control when/if they want to have sex with a man

(just as a man gets to control when/if he wants to have sex)

You pushing her to come for dinner and sex at your house was too early for her. Period.

• Like 2
  • Author

i didnt push her. i asked her for our 4th date to come round for dinner. how is that pushy? she can say no or yes. she said yes.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Redact quote of prior post

She decided she wasn't ready for that level of privacy/intimacy.

And canceling at the last minute is rude.

I'd just move on.

• Like 1
do you forgive them or not?<snip>

Seems to me this woman believes you are moving too quickly. Also just a clue, there nothing wrong with intimacy on a 4th date, but there also nothing wrong with spontaneity and letting things happen instead of setting the stage.

Truncate quote
  • Author
<snip> nothing wrong with spontaneity and letting things happen instead of setting the stage.

hard to be sponataneous when both people live with their parents

Truncate quote
and invite for dinner at home is not an uncommon request for date #4
But we have never met the guy and have no idea the vibe he give her. We have no idea what other communication they have had and what was said, and how it was said. It was only the 4th date, it would be nice if everyone had the other party "pegged" by the 3rd date but it doesn't always happen.

Something made her suddenly afraid.

• Like 1
She decided she wasn't ready for that level of privacy/intimacy.

And canceling at the last minute is rude.

I'd just move on.

Something made her afraid.
Mrs._December
It's unforgivable that she may have changed her mind about being ready to be alone in an apartment with you with expected intimacy?

OK. She probably dodged a bullet if this is your mindset.

It's not unforgivable that she changed her mind due to reservations about being alone with someone she doesn't know well enough and wasn't prepared to deal with intimately. I get that.

But what IS unforgivable is cancelling one hour before the date and using a crappy excuse to do it. He's already done his menu planning, his food shopping, his preparation, cleaning the place, setting the table, and getting everything ready to be put in the oven for when she got there.

If she had reservations about it, she shouldn't have waited until the 11th hour after he'd gone out of his way doing all that preparation for dinner. That was just plain rude.

• Like 1