Women starting a new job while hiding being pregnant

I am probably in the wrong country, as I believe in social democracy - where you have a safety net if you're a parent, or in difficulties. I'd be totally fine with income redistribution. Does anyone really think Jeff Bezos (or anyone) needs to have 100 billion in assets while others can't even provide for a child?

I think we work hard in this country to find a balance between rewarding effort and business success while providing for the less fortunate. And while we certainly have a ways to go, I’m not interested in a system that redistributes 60-70% of my income as social democracies do.

When you take away Jeff Bezos - or Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, etc. - you’re also taking away everything they’ve built, accomplished and innovated. Be careful what you wish for...

Mr. Lucky

Lastly, I worked in HR/Recruitment for many years and you wouldn't believe how we discriminated even though all our recruitment ads claimed we were an EOE. LOL. Like hell. And if someone was pregnant, the chances of them getting the job were just about zero. Sorry folks, just telling you like it is for some companies in the real world.

So she's the devil because she protected herself against being illegally discriminated by a potential employer by omitting something she was in no way obligated to disclose? What a b****.

This woman did a smart thing, your post only confirms that.

• Like 3
I think we work hard in this country to find a balance between rewarding effort and business success while providing for the less fortunate. And while we certainly have a ways to go, I’m not interested in a system that redistributes 60-70% of my income as social democracies do.

When you take away Jeff Bezos - or Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, etc. - you’re also taking away everything they’ve built, accomplished and innovated. Be careful what you wish for...

Mr. Lucky

Well, one could argue that countries that have a good mixed economy and that uphold certain social democratic values have been shown to have the highest quality of life for its people (Australia, Norway, Sweden etc.).

• Like 2
I didn't because I could not even get through first page, my stomach hurt. And I am not even a mom.

But I get why most Americans think like this... it's the old "if you can't work, and pull yourself by your bootstraps" - you don't deserve to live... or have an income... or health insurance. Or food. Or a roof over your head. UGH.

I am probably in the wrong country, as I believe in social democracy - where you have a safety net if you're a parent, or in difficulties. I'd be totally fine with income redistribution. Does anyone really think Jeff Bezos (or anyone) needs to have 100 billion in assets while others can't even provide for a child?

Yep, more than likely you are. Are you planning to leave?

Well, one could argue that countries that have a good mixed economy and that uphold certain social democratic values have been shown to have the highest quality of life for its people (Australia, Norway, Sweden etc.).

And yet everyone is trying to come to the US. Go figure.

And yet everyone is trying to come to the US. Go figure.

Yes, so many Australian and Swedish people fighting about who gets to escape to the US first.

Interesting note: from 2010 to 2014 more Mexican immigrants left the US than actually entered. Must be because we're so great.

• Like 3