date range for a 36 years old single man

Happy Lemming
Isn't older sperm linked to autism in boys?

I've seen some studies that mention Down's Syndrome, schizophrenia, autism (as you mentioned) and a form of dwarfism.

I didn't see if boy babies were more prone to these risks vs. girl babies.

Either way, it is something to think about. My suggestions would be do some research and be aware of the data/studies that exist.

Just my two cents...

• Like 1
RideTheLightening
Isn't older sperm linked to autism in boys?

No. The study that made that claim did not control for the age of the mother. Older fathers tend to have children with Older mothers. For example, the study claimed that men over 50 have a 66% increase in the chance for autism. However, 80% of men over 50 in the study had children with women over 35... which is considered advanced maternal age. They did not parse the data to show what happened when men over 50 had children with 19 year old women.

Older sperm does have more mutations. Sperm with mutations don't function as well as healthy sperm... which is why older men have more trouble getting women pregnant. The good news is that when a pregnancy does occur... the chance that it's from a mutated sperm is lower.

I've seen some studies that mention Down's Syndrome, schizophrenia, autism (as you mentioned) and a form of dwarfism.

I didn't see if boy babies were more prone to these risks vs. girl babies.

Either way, it is something to think about. My suggestions would be do some research and be aware of the data/studies that exist.

Just my two cents...

The body of research on this topic isn't extensive yet, and the list of other factors they cannot rule out is large. I would not use unproven data to make significant life choices. However, if you just want to use this to justify or rationalize a choice you already want to make... I say go for it!

Bottom line is that you should choose the man best suited to be a father regardless of age. Choosing a man who is likely to be a poor father in order to avoid a 1 in 2,000 chance of baby genetic issues seems foolish.

Thing is, a man's thirties should be regarded as young. The only reason it isn't is because men do not take care of themselves. We're in a society where a beer belly at 25 is normal. This isn't right.

Keep fit, eat right, avoid alcohol or at least minimize it. Nothing rots the body faster than drinking and smoking. You can have 22 years of exercise under your belt at 40, or 22 years of abusing your body.

A man should still be young at 36, hitting your prime at 40.

• Like 2
  • Author
You can try to date any age range that you want. The question would be whether they'll date you so if it's not working for you, amend the age range higher.

you are kind of right!

RideTheLightening
Thing is, a man's thirties should be regarded as young. The only reason it isn't is because men do not take care of themselves. We're in a society where a beer belly at 25 is normal. This isn't right.

Keep fit, eat right, avoid alcohol or at least minimize it. Nothing rots the body faster than drinking and smoking. You can have 22 years of exercise under your belt at 40, or 22 years of abusing your body.

A man should still be young at 36, hitting your prime at 40.

The current Obesity rate for women in the US is 40%. The obesity rate for men is 35%... and remember that's just going by BMI, so weightlifter men are regarded in that number as obese. The true number is probably closer to 30% for men.

If we look at polls, both men and women are very dissatisfied with their options in the dating market here in the US.

you are kind of right!

It doesn't matter if you are 18 or 40, you have to be able to offer a woman something. Either adopt a ruthless commitment to self improvement, or lower your standards.

The current Obesity rate for women in the US is 40%. The obesity rate for men is 35%... and remember that's just going by BMI, so weightlifter men are regarded in that number as obese. The true number is probably closer to 30% for men.

If we look at polls, both men and women are very dissatisfied with their options in the dating market here in the US.

Not just obesity though, just generally out of shape and not looking after themselves. And yes, both genders are equally guilty of this.

And then we all wonder why our bodies are falling apart, are minds are disturbed and our intimate relationships are a joke.

• Like 1