date range for a 36 years old single man

Look OP, whatever your reason is for wanting a younger woman in her 20s is your business. Just smile at the girls you like and if they give you the eye, approach and ask her out. I've seen some pretty hot guys who are 34-39 so if you're in shape and take care of yourself, just go for it. I wish you luck.

Really??.....So once they are potty trained, then we are all home free...:laugh::laugh:

Maybe you should talk to my SIL whose still chasing around a rambunctious and developmentally challenged "oops" kid they had when they were in their mid 40's ...He's now 8 and still is a handful...You cant take him anywhere, he doesn't sleep through the night etc.In fact he just recently stopped wearing pull up diapers....She looks like she aged 20 years since this kid came around and while neither one would admit it, if they were honest, they would tell you they just don't have it in them anymore..

And they'll be collecting social security when the kid needs a couple hundred grand for college....Great..

See, I think most people never realize what life is like until they are thrown in it..And you wont ever hear anything negative from people who have done it, because they are never going to admit they may have made a mistake having a kid at this stage of life..

TFY

So, do you advise OP to look for 20-something girls or to just give up on kids, since...you know... he is already 36 and he shouldn't be collecting social security when his kids are in college?

I see a double standard here. Women are discouraged from having kids later in life (because they won't be able to care for the kids properly), but older men are encouraged to chase younger women. Wouldn't these same men be physically unfit to chase kids around the same way "women would?"

• Like 2
What they don't tell you is what type of parent do they think a mid 40's couple is going to be with an infant? Will they have the stamina to attend to a small child and all that entails? Will you be able to stay up all night when the kid is sick and manage to function the next day? When a typical 40 something comes home from work, they usually want to rest, not start entertaining little kids...

Predictable answer....Aging process ceases to exist up there, eh?

Anyway...

OP's logic is sound...Pick a younger woman..

This just makes me mad. You just gave us a speech about 40s couples but then, you encourage OP who is pushing 40 to pick 25 years old. So, what you really mean women in their 40s can't care for young kids, but the same rule doesn't apply to men in their 40s. Just wow. Look, I understand, (some) men wanting younger women, but don't give us BS about "older parents." According to you, OP's time for kids has passed and he should just give up on the idea. Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Fix quote
  • Like 2

If you are rich and powerful, I don’t see why an older or much older guy can’t land a 20-something gorgeous woman. Otherwise, you might have to compromise on certain aspects, or you might have to keep looking for a long time (and then, you’ll be chasing your toddlers when you have the physical fitness of the granddaddy :laugh:).

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear
This just makes me mad. You just gave us a speech about 40s couples but then, you encourage OP who is pushing 40 to pick 25 years old. So, what you really mean women in their 40s can't care for young kids, but the same rule doesn't apply to men in their 40s. Just wow. Look, I understand, (some) men wanting younger women, but don't give us BS about "older parents." According to you, OP's time for kids has passed and he should just give up on the idea.

Get mad all you want....

Here is reality101...

-A woman's body carries the child(ren) to term..And the older they get the better the chances of issues..and the more they will suffer the after effects of the process..

-Several women on this very thread have stated that the women will usually wind up with a bulk of the child rearing/caring duties, especially early on..And I agree...The older the woman, the less energetic she will be...This is just human nature and the aging process, not my opinion..

And no, i didn't say he should pick a 25 year old, so stop with that BS.:rolleyes:..And 36 isn't "pushing 40", 39 is...I did say if he had kids in mind, and wasn't going to have them in the next year, then its probably best he go a bit younger...Like a 29-32 year old maybe..or at the very least his age, but, IMO, if he does pick a like aged woman and wants kids, then he best get busy with that asap..

If he's smart and has options, he'll know what to do...

TFY

• Like 1
Get mad all you want....

Here is reality101...

-A woman's body carries the child(ren) to term..And the older they get the better the chances of issues..and the more they will suffer the after effects of the process..

-Several women on this very thread have stated that the women will usually wind up with a bulk of the child rearing/caring duties, especially early on..And I agree...The older the woman, the less energetic she will be...This is just human nature and the aging process, not my opinion..

And no, i didn't say he should pick a 25 year old, so stop with that BS.:rolleyes:..And 36 isn't "pushing 40", 39 is...I did say if he had kids in mind, and wasn't going to have them in the next year, then its probably best he go a bit younger...Like a 29-32 year old maybe..or at the very least his age, but, IMO, if he does pick a like aged woman and wants kids, then he best get busy with that asap..

If he's smart and has options, he'll know what to do...

TFY

Well, that is different. but he doesn't want 32/33 years old. and when i say he is pushing 40, by the time he meets a woman, get to know her and she has a baby, it will be at least 2-3 years, so he will be a 40 year old with an infant and 40 something with a toddler. and if girl is mid 20s, she might not even want kids by the time she is 30.

And I don't see women chasing toddlers more than man. It is his kid too, especially if she has a career that is more demanding.

• Like 3
  • Author
You will have to put some effort into publication if you want to succeed. No effort sounds pretty lazy.

Yeah, I totally agree with you!

• Author
I think you should be more open minded and try alternatives. Be open to divorced women, women with children, single older women (30 - 35 is good range I think). Non of these things make women damaged goods.

You aren't 22 anymore, so trying to date 22 year old is gonna probably not work out the way you want it to. Not just because ur old. You are in different places in life, and most likely she won't be able to just settle down and have your babies for you as you would like. She will act like a 22 yearold. She might party sometimes, wanna be out late with the girls, and might not want to trade that to nurse a toddler.

Women 30 - 35 can still have children just fine.

Mama had me at 35 and my sister at 38. Yep, I was her first! :bunny:

This was also 23 years ago, so technology surely has gotten better to give you those biolgoical babies if that is what you want.

Just wondering, if you were so concerned about having children that were biological, why didn't you settle down a little earlier with a woman of a similar age range or slightly younger?

I think I have to be open to divorced women, women with children, single older women. But if women had children before, most of them don't want to have children any more. So, that's why I don't want to date them

• Like 1
  • Author
Yeah that is what I meant by hope. If you are lucky some might think your in their dating range, but ur gonna be fishing for a long time.

Again, my honest advice is aim for 30 - 35 year olds. They are your best bet.

Not too old to have children and can still be hot enough for you.

But most of women with 30-35 had married before or have children already...

But most of women with 30-35 had married before or have children already...

I know plenty that are single and 30, not married. They exist, especially if they are very educated and worked on their careers. It is very possible they put of marriage and children until they were financially stable. My co-worker just got married at 37 and is having her first child at 38.

As I mentioned before, my mom didn't have me until she was 35. So there are women that haven't had children by then.

As a 23 year old I tell you now, my plan is have children and marry by around ~35 as well because tbh I wanna live my life first. Not in terms of ****ing a lot of people or anything, but not having to be responsible for another tiny human. I am totally not considering marriage before 30 whatsoever. I know many 20 somethings that feel the same, this explains why u re having so much trouble

Again aim for 30 - 35, single/divorced women (without children). I think this is the best window because if they are planning on having kids and haven't done so already, they are more likely to give you those biological kids you wish and will be able to settle down like you need them to.

Not sure why a woman being divorced should bother you if she doesn't have any children. Just think of it as another ex. idk..

Edited by HiCrunchy
If you are rich and powerful, I don’t see why an older or much older guy can’t land a 20-something gorgeous woman. Otherwise, you might have to compromise on certain aspects, or you might have to keep looking for a long time (and then, you’ll be chasing your toddlers when you have the physical fitness of the granddaddy :laugh:).

True, but if you wanna have children with this woman, would you want someone that wants to date you for you not because of your money and power?

Would this woman make a good mother to those children, op wants so bad?

• Author
I know plenty that are single and 30, not married. They exist, especially if they are very educated and worked on their careers. It is very possible they put of marriage and children until they were financially stable. My co-worker just got married at 37 and is having her first child at 38.

As I mentioned before, my mom didn't have me until she was 35. So there are women that haven't had children by then.

As a 23 year old I tell you now, my plan is have children and marry by around ~35 as well because tbh I wanna live my life first. Not in terms of ****ing a lot of people or anything, but not having to be responsible for another tiny human. I am totally not considering marriage before 30 whatsoever. I know many 20 somethings that feel the same, this explains why u re having so much trouble

Again aim for 30 - 35, single/divorced women (without children). I think this is the best window because if they are planning on having kids and haven't done so already, they are more likely to give you those biological kids you wish and will be able to settle down like you need them to.

Not sure why a woman being divorced should bother you if she doesn't have any children. Just think of it as another ex. idk..

Maybe you are right. If I can think of them as ex, then divorced women with children is also ok for me now. because the older I get, the more difficult for me to find single women.

• Like 1
I am a 36 years old single man. I never married before. I want to date women within the age range 25 to 31. But I found that many women within this age range do not want to date mid aged man. I don't want to date women close or over my age. I am afraid if I am hit 40 years old, it will be much harder for me to find younger women. I hope some young women in this forum can give me some suggestions. Or tell me what is the realistic date range for me?:(

Look, I'm closer to 50 than 40 now, and I still get 20-somethings hitting on me. I don't understand it to be honest, I've got a fair amount of grey showing up in my hair, but whatever.

It's flattering, but I personally wouldn't date a gal that young. I prefer somebody more my age range, just because the life experiences are similar. And they usually don't mind if I put on some 70s music from the way back. :)

My point is, don't fear growing older and not having younger women attracted to you. It's not been my experience.

Maybe you are right. If I can think of them as ex, then divorced women with children is also ok for me now. because the older I get, the more difficult for me to find single women.

Well to be honest, women with children have co-parenting situations that might arise if they are divorced (but this isn't always the case, and if you love her enough it is something you can learn to navigate). But divorced women with no children and single women in their 30s can be good potential partners for sure.

It's called life....You know....Father Time....He's unbeaten....In the history of mankind...Once you reach a certain chronological age, then you WILL slow down...May vary for some, but we all are gonna succumb to it..There is no debate here...If I was wrong, athletes would never retire..They'd still be competing well into their later years and continuing to make millions..

But hey, if you think you can set the world on fire, work full time and chase little kids around when you are 50+ then I take my hat off to you...I don't know how old you are or even if you have had any children...Ive been there and done it...

All these generalizations...

I'm 58 and I have a 34 yr old daughter, so yeah, I got the successful child out of the experience. I've been there and done that, too and I never said that I'd want to do that at my age.

I have plenty of friends who didn't start parenting until in their 40's and they run rings around younger people.

You probably should expand your social circle since you don't seem to have any examples in your life of people whose lives are decimating your claims.

• Like 1

Here is the harsh reality.

You wouldn't have asked this question if you had any women of your type interested in you.

Guys sadly age too soon, and while women have some tricks to try to look younger, guys have this attitude that they are hot no matter how old they are!

Reasons: Race plays a part! The ones with fair skin age faster..

Your love for fast food and beer with every football game or barbeque or gatherings.

your crazy love to the sunbathing that eventually will screw off your skin and gives you cancer.

and your stressful work. It's all about money money money money.

So, if you looked your age or younger, you won't even have to ask, girls from the age criteria you mentioned will be interested in you right away.

But apparently you look way older than 36, you probably balding by now and your skin is not that great either and you have white hear and your body is not in shape.

You should worry about how your sperms are doing, as sperms well being depend on the man's lifestyle.

And honestly, I don't think you look like Ari from the bachelor who is 36 and married 26 years old.

He can pull that number, you can't, you are an average man with not even enough amount of money to attract the girls who are looking for a stable life, your life is not stable yet, you haven't even got the PHD!

So yeah, look closely at yourself in the mirror, and face realities.

Women care for personality, you obviously lacking since you are judgemental and biased

Women care about stability, where is that again? you are still studying!

Women care about attractiveness, and again I have already said you are not that hot otherwise women would be running after you like crazy.

It's funny how they blame women of the old age of causing the defected babies while, we know, women always marry older than them and the sperms of an older guy play a part too, it's true the cytoplasm mostly comes from the women's egg.

But if there is no sperm, there is no zygote, there is no baby!

So yeah, I encourage you all to read these two websites

here is a quote from one of them "

A man's age matters. As men get older, the chances of conceiving and having a healthy child decline. Male fertility starts to decline after 40 when sperm quality decreases. This means it takes longer for their partners to conceive and when they do, there's an increased risk of miscarriage.

https://yourfertility.org.au/for-men/age/

Another quote from the second website

Pregnancy Tips for Men

So what should we do? We should tell men that are thinking of making a baby the same things we tell women. Clean up your act, eat well, maintain a healthy weight, try to manage your stress and response to stress. Consider yourself an equal partner in the health of your future child, literally. It takes 90 days to make a sperm so let's get cracking, plan ahead, it'll be good for you anyway, and thanks for joining us on The Scope.

https://healthcare.utah.edu/the-scope/shows.php?shows=0_smfdnnqq'

Let that sink in, 100 years ago, men used to divorce or leave the wife for giving him girls instead of guys

science proved that the men sperm decide if it's a girl or a boy!

So, the discussion so far on blaming older women of causing defects in babies and all those horrible things, reminded me that society never change!

And 100 years ago, the mother would tell her son to leave his wife as she didn't give him a boy.

I saw some women here saying the same thing.

Edited by Noproblem
  • Like 2

The reality is maternal age matters MUCH more than paternal age not only because cytoplasm mainly comes from the egg, but also the woman body is doing the child bearing and birth.

Just no point to argue the facts... At 36 men can procrastinate with reproduction, women cannot. If OP dates/marries a 30+ (or especially 35+) woman he needs to be prepared for rapid process which may not give him the chance to gauge compatibility...

So I don’t think there is vanity involved here, just facts and figures... If he was in love with 35+ year old lady I’d have said go for it, just be mindful of time (ie try for pregnancy within an year max), but in his case he’s just asking for best age range for reproductive partner and we all know the answer ...

Btw from personal experience at 27 I dated for couple of years 46 yo guy , age was never a problem... He was always the immature one in the couple and I was supporting him financially and emotionally :D

Here is the harsh reality.

You wouldn't have asked this question if you had any women of your type interested in you.

Guys sadly age too soon, and while women have some tricks to try to look younger, guys have this attitude that they are hot no matter how old they are!

Reasons: Race plays a part! The ones with fair skin age faster..

Your love for fast food and beer with every football game or barbeque or gatherings.

your crazy love to the sunbathing that eventually will screw off your skin and gives you cancer.

and your stressful work. It's all about money money money money.

So, if you looked your age or younger, you won't even have to ask, girls from the age criteria you mentioned will be interested in you right away.

But apparently you look way older than 36, you probably balding by now and your skin is not that great either and you have white hear and your body is not in shape.

You should worry about how your sperms are doing, as sperms well being depend on the man's lifestyle.

And honestly, I don't think you look like Ari from the bachelor who is 36 and married 26 years old.

He can pull that number, you can't, you are an average man with not even enough amount of money to attract the girls who are looking for a stable life, your life is not stable yet, you haven't even got the PHD!

So yeah, look closely at yourself in the mirror, and face realities.

Women care for personality, you obviously lacking since you are judgemental and biased

Women care about stability, where is that again? you are still studying!

Women care about attractiveness, and again I have already said you are not that hot otherwise women would be running after you like crazy.

It's funny how they blame women of the old age of causing the defected babies while, we know, women always marry older than them and the sperms of an older guy play a part too, it's true the cytoplasm mostly comes from the women's egg.

But if there is no sperm, there is no zygote, there is no baby!

So yeah, I encourage you all to read these two websites

here is a quote from one of them "

https://yourfertility.org.au/for-men/age/

Another quote from the second website

https://healthcare.utah.edu/the-scope/shows.php?shows=0_smfdnnqq'

Let that sink in, 100 years ago, men used to divorce or leave the wife for giving him girls instead of guys

science proved that the men sperm decide if it's a girl or a boy!

So, the discussion so far on blaming older women of causing defects in babies and all those horrible things, reminded me that society never change!

And 100 years ago, the mother would tell her son to leave his wife as she didn't give him a boy.

I saw some women here saying the same thing.

Happy Lemming

To nw13c:

I know you are not 40 yet, but there are some studies out there that state that the genes in older men's sperm have a greater chance of being abnormal.

These "abnormal genes" do add risk to a child being born with various mental health issues.

Time is not kind to men or women, when it comes to reproduction.

You may want to do some research on this subject.

You can try to date any age range that you want. The question would be whether they'll date you so if it's not working for you, amend the age range higher.