date range for a 36 years old single man

The OP is not interested in older women. He wants a young woman.

He asked younger women to provide him with a realistic date range as he is having trouble dating younger women. Done. Why limit the range if you are having no success. Plenty of other factors as Gaeta mentioned, finding compatibility. Being open to meeting someone your own age or a few years older might help.

• Like 1
I don't want to date undergraduate. I like graduate lady but most of them are in a relationship... in their late 20s. Dilemma!

So you want an attractive, never been married grad student with no kids in her 20s who will immediately give up every thing she worked to achieve to start pumping out kids for you.

Happy hunting.

• Like 6
I don't understand that most women late 20s are in relationships, just look online there are 100s single and looking.

It could be the, “I’m sorry. I already have a boyfriend” rejection when they actually don’t have one.

If I recall correctly (lol it’s been a while) college is all about cliques. You have to be in one and even then, your options of dating someone are limited to that clique. If you try outside that group, the odds are not in your favor.

So you want an attractive, never been married grad student with no kids in her 20s who will immediately give up every thing she worked to achieve to start pumping out kids for you.

Happy hunting.

I don’t see where he wrote that.

• Author
He asked younger women to provide him with a realistic date range as he is having trouble dating younger women. Done. Why limit the range if you are having no success. Plenty of other factors as Gaeta mentioned, finding compatibility. Being open to meeting someone your own age or a few years older might help.

I don't want to lower the bar even if I am not successful.

Oh I missed that part. I'm not a younger woman and shouldn't have replied. My bad.

• Like 1
I don't want to lower the bar even if I am not successful.

Dating a woman your age is “lowering the bar”. Lol

• Like 3
If you want marriage and kids, your stated range is your best age range. It may be hard to find women in this range, as most are already in relationships, and most have children. The younger ones may not, but then you're looking at a 10 year gap - not huge, but pushing the limits of what most people find works and find comfortable. However, if children are your goal, you'll just have to keep searching - you really aren't too old for them at this point, but when you reach 40, your best available prospects will be mid-30s and up - and getting kind of old for children, though.

Mid 30s is getting too old for children? Wow - please get educated and realize that women can have children at least up to their mid 40s-- if not older. As for you not wanting to date women your age -- maybe women younger than you don't want to date men your age. You sound immature. You don't deserve women your age or older - they're too good for you!

• Like 2

They can theoretically but the big fertility cliff for women is 35. After that is a hit or miss, not to mention the major risk for genetic disorders with advanced maternal age...

I briefly dated a doctor once, he was 39 and his age range for dates was 25-35. I wondered why back then - well, that's exactly why - as a medical doctor he was jus hyperaware and not willing to take chances.

Mid 30s is getting too old for children? Wow - please get educated and realize that women can have children at least up to their mid 40s-- if not older. As for you not wanting to date women your age -- maybe women younger than you don't want to date men your age. You sound immature. You don't deserve women your age or older - they're too good for you!
TheFinalWord
Getting young women in college is easy. One thing to keep in mind is, the women who go for older men do so for mostly the same reasons. You have to appear to be more of a "man" than your younger counterparts. Be cool, have your crap together, and be the sort of man they can respect.

100%...HYPERGAMY is your friend. OP, you're working on your PhD, so you have the potential for higher status. But it depends on the field. In the health industry, there are more jobs than PhDs, and hence higher salaries. A PhD in English, there are more PhDs than positions. Supply and demand. Good luck landing tenure-track professorship in such a field.

I would recommend to focus on finishing your PhD strong, publish as much as possible, and secure a tenure-track job. Then you can maximize hypergamy. Right now, you're just a grad student with potential for a higher status. At present, you don't have it. In essence, you're a glorified undergraduate.

Why would a 23 year old junior want to date you when you are on equal footing as the 23 year old frat boy majoring in engineering (strong chance a competent engineer can make the same salary as a professor at entry level), who is also likely more physically attractive and has higher social status in her social circles. Just something to think about.

Edited by TheFinalWord
added link

"Glorified undergraduate" - seriously???

It quite bugs me when I hear something like this for a PhD candidate, because I've been there done that and I can guarantee you it was nothing like this. Believe what you want, but I can give you first hand experience - I've been a "Glorified undergraduate" (PhD candidate), postdoc (how would you call that), worked in consulting and in R&D. Most effort and energy, hands down, I put in the first one. Also don't think he's broke - we don't know where he is, doing my PhD in Europe I was far from broke, my salary was decent and expenses minimal.

Oh, and btw as PhD candidate he has a whole bunch of fellow female "glorified undergraduates" to choose from.

100%...HYPERGAMY is your friend. OP, you're working on your PhD, so you have the potential for higher status. But it depends on the field. In the health industry, there are more jobs than PhDs, and hence higher salaries. A PhD in English, there are more PhDs than positions. Supply and demand. Good luck landing tenure-track professorship in such a field.

I would recommend to focus on finishing your PhD strong, publish as much as possible, and secure a tenure-track job. Then you can maximize hypergamy. Right now, you're just a grad student with potential for a higher status. At present, you don't have it. In essence, you're a glorified undergraduate.

Why would a 23 year old junior want to date you when you are on equal footing as the 23 year old frat boy majoring in engineering (strong chance a competent engineer can make the same salary as a professor at entry level), who is also likely more physically attractive and has higher social status in her social circles. Just something to think about.

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear

Good luck chasing a rambunctious toddler when you are pushing 50, your knees are shot you have a bad shoulder, and you have half the energy you did at 25...Then you can get humiliated on an almost daily basis when people comment on how cute your granddaughter is...Im with No Go here...

And that's if everything medically goes well....big if...

OP is at a tough age for a man...Most women at that age are looking for guys that are well established and have some means..Heck at that age I was only two years away from paying off my rather expensive house..Maybe it is better to go younger in this case, I dunno...

TFY

• Like 1
  • Author

What you said is so inspiring! I wait keep it for ever to make me progress. I am a Phd student majoring in statistics. I would like to be an assistant professor after graduation although the industry can give more money but in my opinion, Phd is just for academics. I will strive no effort for my publication. I have been on the road for more publication. I will finish it strong!

OP, keep options open. Plow if you can. Keep 1 that you like and is a good fit.

That's how the players, dogs, etc. do it.

TheFinalWord
"Glorified undergraduate" - seriously???

It quite bugs me when I hear something like this for a PhD candidate, because I've been there done that and I can guarantee you it was nothing like this. Believe what you want, but I can give you first hand experience - I've been a "Glorified undergraduate" (PhD candidate), postdoc (how would you call that), worked in consulting and in R&D. Most effort and energy, hands down, I put in the first one. Also don't think he's broke - we don't know where he is, doing my PhD in Europe I was far from broke, my salary was decent and expenses minimal.

Oh, and btw as PhD candidate he has a whole bunch of fellow female "glorified undergraduates" to choose from.

haha I'm a tenured professor. Please tell..

• Like 1
TheFinalWord
What you said is so inspiring! I wait keep it for ever to make me progress. I am a Phd student majoring in statistics. I would like to be an assistant professor after graduation although the industry can give more money but in my opinion, Phd is just for academics. I will strive no effort for my publication. I have been on the road for more publication. I will finish it strong!

Great friend! Finish strong. This will maximize hypergamy and your options in the dating pool.

They can theoretically but the big fertility cliff for women is 35. After that is a hit or miss, not to mention the major risk for genetic disorders with advanced maternal age...

I briefly dated a doctor once, he was 39 and his age range for dates was 25-35. I wondered why back then - well, that's exactly why - as a medical doctor he was jus hyperaware and not willing to take chances.

and so what?

Doctor or not doctor, most men want younger women!

Has nothing to do with him being a doctor!

Just because he is a doctor, does not mean anything!

Most of them can't even treat a patient right, talk about knowing which women can have kids and what women can't!

You talk big, you are still 33

I bet you will change your mind when you hit late 30s!

If you want to believe you are incapable of having healthy kids because of your age! You are as delusional as the people who blame autism on vaccination.

Heck, scientists haven't even figured out if coffee and egg are good or us or not!

Mama, grandmama, grandgrand mama, kept on giving brith until menopause!

They turned alright, only problem, they hurt themselves as the technology was not there to save the mom!

Edited by Noproblem
  • Like 1

*rolling my eyes* he just prefered younger women to boost his ego.

My sister-in-law is a doctor and she had no problem with waiting till she is 38 years old to get pregnant of her first. They had no problem getting pregnant and her pregnancy is a breeze. Major risk of genetic disorders at 38? c'mon! At 48 maybe but not under 40.

• Like 3

They turned alright, only problem, they hurt themselves as the technology was not there to save the mom!

I totally agree with this. I am 52 and my doctor keeps waring me condoms aren't enough for contraceptive and he sees 'accidental babies' during peri-menopause all the time.

Or he could chose a 23 year old who doesn't have a college degree. He'd get plenty of those.

• Like 1
*rolling my eyes* he just prefered younger women to boost his ego.

No. Me thinks he just wants a younger woman for her young body, smooth skin and low mileage. I guess that will boost his ego as well.:laugh:

• Like 3
I am a 36 years old single man. I never married before. I want to date women within the age range 25 to 31. But I found that many women within this age range do not want to date mid aged man. I don't want to date women close or over my age. I am afraid if I am hit 40 years old, it will be much harder for me to find younger women. I hope some young women in this forum can give me some suggestions. Or tell me what is the realistic date range for me?:(

I'm in my 40's I tend to date women 25-35 for the simple reason that they choose me, and I choose women that choose me. I don't drink, dont smoke, watch what I eat and work out daily. Thats the key.

I'm happy to date the 20-50 age range, I just tend to fall in with the 25-35 age range.

If you want to have a woman in her child bearing years, your looking at 20-28. Older than that gives more chance of defects and recovery from pregnancy. People deny this, but that's our natural design. Woman of 21 I know, looked exactly the same after an easy pregnancy and birth. Woman of 37 I knew, had to have a C section and can't get herself back to her normal body weight. She's also gone from being good company to constantly angry, which is tough for her husband.

You have to factor in time to get to know another person, before making a lifelong commitment. That takes time also.

• Like 2

I can guarantee you I won’t change my mind in my late 30s ... just numbers and facts are numbers and facts.

Even if one is capable (the anecdotal evidence provided) the probability to 1) get pregnant 2) get the pregnancy to term 3) have a healthy baby - all start drastically decreasing at 35, reaching near 0 at 45 (women still menstruate until much later but menopausal changes start 10 years before the actual menopause).

So if a man wants healthy offspring makes sense to maximize the chances by picking younger woman. Hurts my own chances too - so what? The biology is not going to change as I desire :lmao:

OP’s best bet is a woman in her mid-late 20s and he has I reason to be unable to date one in that range. If reproduction is off the table then worry not, as said at his age he can date anywhere 21-51 or older if he wish.

and so what?

Doctor or not doctor, most men want younger women!

Has nothing to do with him being a doctor!

Just because he is a doctor, does not mean anything!

Most of them can't even treat a patient right, talk about knowing which women can have kids and what women can't!

You talk big, you are still 33

I bet you will change your mind when you hit late 30s!

If you want to believe you are incapable of having healthy kids because of your age! You are as delusional as the people who blame autism on vaccination.

Heck, scientists haven't even figured out if coffee and egg are good or us or not!

• Like 2

If you want to have a woman in her child bearing years, your looking at 20-28. Older than that gives more chance of defects and recovery from pregnancy. People deny this, but that's our natural design. Woman of 21 I know, looked exactly the same after an easy pregnancy and birth. .

Nature made us firtile from age 13 to 50 something so we could only make pretty babies at 28???

Listen, I had a C-section at 20 years old! and it took me 2 years to lose the 60-lbs I gained while pregnant.....I have a friend 40 who just popped out a baby after 2 contractions and gained 0 extra pounds.

I have observed that older mothers take better care of their bodies during pregnancies and are more aware of the health risk of gaining weight. I see PLENTY of young moms with a lot of extra pounds. It's hard at 20 to give up on chips and sodas when everyone around is your age and don't care about healthy issues and drink bear each night. At 40 you bet we're aware of all the risks and we take care of ourselves.

• Like 2