Blindsided and heartbroken

• Author
I know you probably don't want to relive this anymore, although it does seem you're very much in that phase where you'll talk about it as much as you can to express your emotions and anger, but, this is my question... You say in the back of your mind you thought she'd come back to you, yet, this entire thread is notes about how she DID try reaching back out. Sure she didn't come right out and say "JP I want you back right this second omg what a mistake I made", but multiple times she tried contacting you. Who knows what kind of convo it really could have lead to I guess, although I still firmly stand by my thoughts that she's probably no good no matter what. But I'm confused as to your mindset looking back at all this in retrospect.

No worries. If you recall, I was initially very beta after the BU. Didn’t go NC the first few days and kept seeking closure. We all analyzed her messages to me after that stage and agreed they were classic breadcrumbs. I believe she felt very guilty because she could tell how much she hurt me and I made that known to her right after the BU. To save the tiny shred of dignity I had left, NC was the only option as many here pointed out. I was in deep denial early on and thought she’d realize her “mistake” by truly proving it and calling me or sending a lot more than the “How are you” type messages I received. Maybe the conversations could have gone deeper but all of her attempts to reach out were very short messages that read as her trying to make sure I’m still hooked. If she really wanted me back, she would have made that clear in some manner and my point in my last post was that I fed off that delusion for sometime that she would make a strong effort so I could avoid facing the reality of the situation. I think if I had entertained her messages, I would have ended up more hurt.

• Like 2

Very much understood. Dignity is a very important thing. You need to get that back in order to properly heal. I feel like you're finally on the right track at this point full steam ahead. Happy for you.