Why do I feel like a cad and am I one?

Iseult

Versacehottie
My bet is low self esteem on her part.

And his....I mean how hard up is he for validation and an ego boost that he needs to do this to his "friend". And too scared to tell her. It was the most adamant thing he seemed to say that he is in no way going to sit her down and tell her. Sounds scared to me. Either so worried she will talk him out of it or scared to have a honest 3 sentence at most convo--this coming from a guy who doesn't even enjoy sleeping with her but will continue it away and oh yeah flaunt other girls in front of her and then cave to the pressure and boo-hoo'ing this girl is doing. messy.

• Like 1
I was hesitant at first to start this thread as a grown man asking internet strangers for relationship advice, but I’m glad I did because it’s given me a lot to think about. Women can take care of themselves and normally I wouldn’t bother, but this girl is different from the usual girls I surround myself with in that she’s quiet and passive and I want to make sure her thoughts are considered.

So here’s what I’m going to.

1. No more sex with her. I understand it can cloud a woman’s judgement so I will stop.

2. Gradually cut the number of 1-on-1 outings we have together. This is more difficult because I enjoy our outings and I don’t want her to think I’m doing the slow fade but to mitigate this, I will keep our outings to group activities. I’ve already promised her dinner next week so that will be the last.

BTW, I realized that this forum has a general relationship section and I probably should have posted this there because I don’t think this is a dating-related issue. But then you’ll have people debating what constitutes a “date” and that’s a whole other thread I’m not interested in participating in.

Not a bad plan. But when sex stops, she might question that. She may also question why you spend less and less time with her... Just saying be prepared to explain yourself because one or both of those things are likely to happen.

• Author
Not a bad plan. But when sex stops, she might question that. She may also question why you spend less and less time with her... Just saying be prepared to explain yourself because one or both of those things are likely to happen.

I'm not worried about the sex because it doesn't happen unless I initiate it. And it's not like I spend a lot of time with her as I only see her maybe 2-3 times a month. Cutting that down to 1-2 shouldn't be a problem and if it sounds like it's only going to be me and her, I'll suggest inviting another friend.

• 1 month later...

Other than cleaning up a retaliatory shot in the direction of the starter at the end, moderation won't edit this thread, rather close it. Starter is history. Thanks to all for topical and respectful replies!