Any Multidating Tips???

Cookiesandough

I think there are "he should"'s before you meet. That's part of the screening process. He should be considerate. Too many flakey people on OLD to give benefit of the doubt if he doesn't confirm

• Like 1
  • Author
No, he needs to confirm the date. I think I read somewhere you will give him up to 1 pm, I think it's very reasonable of you to do that.

Ok, thanks so much for the clarification G

Makes perfect sense :D

• Like 1
  • Author

Ok, I guess a countdown has begun! :laugh:

No_Go, what's with these countdowns? Lol :rolleyes:

• Like 1

They give us some sense of control in uncontrollable situations :laugh::rolleyes:

Update tomorrow! Super curious what hell be like!

Ok, I guess a countdown has begun! :laugh:

No_Go, what's with these countdowns? Lol :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Author
They give us some sense of control in uncontrollable situations :laugh::rolleyes:

Update tomorrow! Super curious what hell be like!

Lmfao! :lmao: So true

Well, if this streak of bad luck continues I wont be meeting him but I'll be sure to update either way! ;)

• Like 1

Do I have the timeline right -- on Sunday this guy set up a date for Tuesday with time and place?

I honestly really wouldn't expect a confirmation since he set up the date so close in time to when the actual date is. I also really wouldn't have expected to hear from him in the one intervening day. It's one day and he's a stranger. My speculation is that he's probably wasted a lot of time texting women in the past and has learned his lesson to just meet fast and not waste time. That sounds ideal to me.

But if you are unsure if the date is on and haven't heard from him, I see no problem with shooting him a text to confirm you are still on.

• Like 2
Eternal Sunshine

The third guy that I was supposed to meet for the first time tomorrow just cancelled with a lame excuse and tried to reschedule for next week. I blocked him. From my experience nothing good ever came from flaking.

I have a second date with that teacher on Friday but I feel so meh about him.

I think I'm just over OLD.

• Like 1

Maybe on more chance to evaluate the teacher? People sometimes are nervous on first meets and under-present themselves.

The third guy that I was supposed to meet for the first time tomorrow just cancelled with a lame excuse and tried to reschedule for next week. I blocked him. From my experience nothing good ever came from flaking.

• Like 1

It's not flaking, it's rescheduling a date because of something unexpected. It can happen to anybody.

• Like 1
  • Author

I woke up this morning and prayed to all that is holy that this guy wouldnt call or text because I was so turned off, I felt like if I were to go on the date I would be cringing the whole time. I was super happy he didnt reach out by the 1pm deadline!

I didnt get a text from him until 6:50 (ten minutes before the date was set) saying, "Hey *my name* I hope I caught you in time. My car won't start. I'm so sorry. It's never happened to me before. I can't believe it. I'm so mad and sorry"

**Cough.. bull sh*t.. cough** :rolleyes:

I said, "No worries. I didnt think the date was on because I hadnt heard from you so I'm out with some friends. Hope everything works out for you!"

SECOND UPDATE!...

I have another date planned for tomorrow night! Yay! This guy is much more my speed. Tall, dark hair and super focused on what I'm focused on.... settling down and starting a family. He actually said that to me. Guys never say that! I liked it :love: Anyway, we were texting last night and texting all day today. I like this guy's vibe. It meshes with me. Although you can never be sure until you meet them in person.

If this date doesnt go through I swear I'll lose it! Haha! :laugh:

No really, super excited for tomorrow and I seem to be doing ok rolling with the punches so far! :D

• Like 4
Cookiesandough

10 min before the date to flake...wow that nerve. I'm telling you, dis. You get that gut feeling don't ignore it.

I'm so glad you found another guy you're super stoked about. Enjoy your date tomorrow and keep up us updated!!!

• Like 2
  • Author
10 min before the date to flake...wow that nerve. I'm telling you, dis. You get that gut feeling don't ignore it.

I'm so glad you found another guy you're super stoked about. Enjoy your date tomorrow and keep up us updated!!!

Oh totally, our intuition never lies. I knew something was off yesterday

And 10 minutes before the date? So glad I dodged that bullet

I'll keep you guys posted about my date tomorrow! I'm excited! :D

• Like 1
I woke up this morning and prayed to all that is holy that this guy wouldnt call or text because I was so turned off, I felt like if I were to go on the date I would be cringing the whole time. I was super happy he didnt reach out by the 1pm deadline!

I didnt get a text from him until 6:50 (ten minutes before the date was set) saying, "Hey *my name* I hope I caught you in time. My car won't start. I'm so sorry. It's never happened to me before. I can't believe it. I'm so mad and sorry"

I said, "No worries. I didnt think the date was on because I hadnt heard from you so I'm out with some friends. Hope everything works out for you.

Good luck on the next date. I have to share with you the best bullsh*t excuse I've ever heard. Two weeks ago I got this text the afternoon before our second date:

"I'm sorry to do this last minute but I'm going to cancel tonight. Some things have taken a sudden turn in my life and I may be moving to New Hampshire in a month to start a doctorate program lol. Random I know... I deleted my profile on okc bc it suddenly seems like a terrible idea to date... if it doesn't end up happening, I'd love to reschedule."

Translation: "I met someone else I like more and waffled for a couple days until I finally decided to cancel hours before a date on FRIDAY night. So now I'm making up some completely BS excuse. But just in case the other guy doesn't work out, I'm dangling a line to keep you in orbit."

I checked her OKC account the next day and she was still there. I never replied. Now stupid me for actually changing my weekend with my daughter to accommodate that date. I naively thought sine she was a PhD student at a really good school that she was above sophomoric game playing...

• Like 3

Blah I was sensing it for today's guy... Good riddance!

For tomorrow's guy: hmmm, things like settling & family were in his profile or he only said it to you? If in his profile - good! If he said it only - he's trying to manipulate, player's strategy.

I said, "No worries. I didnt think the date was on because I hadnt heard from you so I'm out with some friends. Hope everything works out for you!"

SECOND UPDATE!...

I have another date planned for tomorrow night! Yay! This guy is much more my speed. Tall, dark hair and super focused on what I'm focused on.... settling down and starting a family. He actually said that to me. Guys never say that! I liked it :love: Anyway, we were texting last night and texting all day today. I like this guy's vibe. It meshes with me. Although you can never be sure until you meet them in person.

No really, super excited for tomorrow and I seem to be doing ok rolling with the punches so far! :D

• Like 2

I've had even more ridiculous one: it was a guy that I just met twice. Third date scheduled: he says (hint) "It will be very laid back like lying on the couch and listening to music". I'm "ok". Then: "I need to be a little late, is that ok?". Me: "Fine" Then 15 min before the date: "Oh I'm so sorry my coworker in xxx got brutally stabbed see this article *some bs news from the West coast* Oh I need to cancel so sorry" Me: "Ok! Good luck!"

A week later: some sappy explanation he met the love of his life etc. Hahahh, couldn't you say this the first time dude? I'm not getting hints because I don't want to get them ;) He was so sure that I'll get mad that he felt defeated to the point to tell me the real reason (of course someone else).

Good luck on the next date. I have to share with you the best bullsh*t excuse I've ever heard. Two weeks ago I got this text the afternoon before our second date:

"I'm sorry to do this last minute but I'm going to cancel tonight. Some things have taken a sudden turn in my life and I may be moving to New Hampshire in a month to start a doctorate program lol. Random I know... I deleted my profile on okc bc it suddenly seems like a terrible idea to date... if it doesn't end up happening, I'd love to reschedule."

Translation: "I met someone else I like more and waffled for a couple days until I finally decided to cancel hours before a date on FRIDAY night. So now I'm making up some completely BS excuse. But just in case the other guy doesn't work out, I'm dangling a line to keep you in orbit."

I checked her OKC account the next day and she was still there. I never replied. Now stupid me for actually changing my weekend with my daughter to accommodate that date. I naively thought sine she was a PhD student at a really good school that she was above sophomoric game playing...

• Like 3
  • Author
Blah I was sensing it for today's guy... Good riddance!

For tomorrow's guy: hmmm, things like settling & family were in his profile or he only said it to you? If in his profile - good! If he said it only - he's trying to manipulate, player's strategy.

I didnt say anything in my profile about settling down/starting a family however I did make it clear that I was looking for something lasting and genuine

In his profile he didnt say much in his 'About me' section but he did say he was looking for his other half

You're a suspicious one No_Go! ;)

Can't say I blame you but until someone gives me a reason to feel suspicious I'm just going to enjoy things. Dating already sucks without going into it with a glass half empty attitude. There are good guys out there and like you said, we should give them a chance until they prove they arent worthy of one :D

• Like 1

Your patience paid off in the sense that he did feel bad enough to give you the real reason, if it matters. Most would have ignored his last message, knowing it's just a bunch of BS.

I've had even more ridiculous one: it was a guy that I just met twice. Third date scheduled: he says (hint) "It will be very laid back like lying on the couch and listening to music". I'm "ok". Then: "I need to be a little late, is that ok?". Me: "Fine" Then 15 min before the date: "Oh I'm so sorry my coworker in xxx got brutally stabbed see this article *some bs news from the West coast* Oh I need to cancel so sorry" Me: "Ok! Good luck!"

A week later: some sappy explanation he met the love of his life etc. Hahahh, couldn't you say this the first time dude? I'm not getting hints because I don't want to get them ;) He was so sure that I'll get mad that he felt defeated to the point to tell me the real reason (of course someone else).

• Like 1

Oh you're right to give him chance;

Only reason to mention it is to make you watch more carefully because I've seen this a few times (but not cancel or anything - good chance he's right)

Enjoy the date and update us :)

I didnt say anything in my profile about settling down/starting a family however I did make it clear that I was looking for something lasting and genuine

In his profile he didnt say much in his 'About me' section but he did say he was looking for his other half

You're a suspicious one No_Go! ;)

Can't say I blame you but until someone gives me a reason to feel suspicious I'm just going to enjoy things. Dating already sucks without going into it with a glass half empty attitude. There are good guys out there and like you said, we should give them a chance until they prove they arent worthy of one :D

• Like 1
Your patience paid off in the sense that he did feel bad enough to give you the real reason, if it matters. Most would have ignored his last message, knowing it's just a bunch of BS.

Yeah. Fun stuff : he married the girl he told me about so he really gave me the reason (the last message).

But just funny how guys want to make us be the bad one instead of saying the truth at first place.

Cookiesandough
"Oh I'm so sorry my coworker in xxx got brutally stabbed see this article *

Wow. That's terrible lol. Whatever happened to good ole' I'm sick or family emergency. No, they have to think of the most far-fetched, creative excuse possible and embellish it with disturbing details xD

• Like 1
Wow. That's terrible lol. Whatever happened to good ole' I'm sick or family emergency. No, they have to think of the most far-fetched, creative excuse possible and embellish it with disturbing details xD

He was performing artist and certainly veeery creative :lmao::p

I'm rereading sometimes our epic multi-page email history (this was 3-4 years ago) because it was so funny and overboard :lmao:

• Like 1

SECOND UPDATE!...

WOW! I did not expect this at all with today's guy! What's wrong with people these days!

Good luck with new guy, watch out the the big talker who tell you exactly what you want to hear :-)

• Like 4

I got stood up once, the guy called me the following week and his excuse was he had been searching for his birth mother and found her on the day of our date and he forgot about me lol. Ya right! and took him a whole week to remember me. *sigh*

• Like 1

This thread totally needs a new title: The most creative or outrageous excuse for canceling a date the last minute :lmao: