Any Multidating Tips???

One picture and jumping straight to date to me is a guy very desperate to get a GF or ONS and leading using some dating rules that men read :D

But again, that's just based on my (limited) experience. Maybe chat a bit with him before the date - you'd get the best sense is he legit or not doing that (like you did with the other guy).

Is there something I should be on the look out for?

I'm not sure why my description of him seems suspicious

• Like 1
Cookiesandough

Nothing wrong with jumping straight to date IMO I prefer those guys vs too much waiting. Get see what he's like in person. One of mine turned out (95% sure) to be gay! Never would have picked up on it in writing lolz

• Like 2
  • Author
One picture and jumping straight to date to me is a guy very desperate to get a GF or ONS and leading using some dating rules that men read :D

But again, that's just based on my (limited) experience. Maybe chat a bit with him before the date - you'd get the best sense is he legit or not doing that (like you did with the other guy).

He has 2 more pics I didnt see

When he messages on OLD, he sends long messages but it takes him a few hours to message back. I like that because I dont want us to have so much communication to where we build things up too much before the date

I just messaged him my number. The date is on Tuesday and I dont have good service here

What I get from our convo so far is legit. He likes building/fixing things. He has a cat :love: Bonus points! He's interested in what I'm about and wants to know about me.

Also a bonus that he lives right near me. I moved into my new house 3 weeks ago. Its in the country, its a small town and I dont know my way around yet so it'll be nice to date someone who does :D

• Like 1
  • Author
Nothing wrong with jumping straight to date IMO I prefer those guys vs too much waiting. Get see what he's like in person. One of mine turned out (95% sure) to be gay! Never would have picked up on it in writing lolz

Totally agree! :D

I've chatted with guys for days/weeks before meeting up. That excessive communication creates an illusion about who that person really is so when you meet...they're either not what you thought it would be...or they're a straight up let down

Best to just dive in assuming you click thus far :D

He did offer to pick me up but which I thought was a sweet offer...but this isnt my first time around the block ;)

• Like 2

Also a bonus that he lives right near me. I moved into my new house 3 weeks ago. Its in the country, its a small town and I dont know my way around yet so it'll be nice to date someone who does :D

Oh you got a new house! That's great, I remember the multiple pet constraints :)

• Like 2
  • Author
Oh you got a new house! That's great, I remember the multiple pet constraints :)

I'm renting a house for now but I LOVE it!!!

It's like a dream here! :love:

My 4 cats and bunny in tow :bunny:

This guy has a cat = Brownie points

• Like 2
  • Author

Tuesday guy sends long messages but only about 2 of them a day

I gave him my number last night and I havent heard from him

I dont like excessive communication before the date but maybe more than 2 messages a day. The date is tomorrow and I'm starting to wish we had more of a rapport than we do

Am I being too finicky?

• Author

He hasnt messaged/texted me at all today (Tuesday guy)

I'm kind of getting turned off

I'm not too enthused about the date now....I dont really want to go

• Like 2

Just go:) It is a first date - if you don't like him no follow up needed.

Having said that - my gut says this guy is fishy, but who know - maybe your date will prove me wrong :)

• Like 3
thefooloftheyear

here we go again.....:p:laugh:

TFY

• Like 3
Cookiesandough

you mean like you gave him your number last night and he still hasn't text? thats weird. I would get turned off too

• Like 1
  • Author
you mean like you gave him your number last night and he still hasn't text? thats weird. I would get turned off too

Yup! I'm getting turned off for sure

• Like 1
  • Author
here we go again.....:p:laugh:

TFY

Elaborate pls TFY

I'd like to hear a guy's perspective on this ;)

This would be no big deal to me before meeting, considering you gave him your number last night and are meeting tomorrow and there are still hours left in the day today.

Plus it's not a big change from his usual patterns of messaging twice a day, if I have that right.

He just needs to message you by early tomorrow so that you know it's on.

It's good to have less (not zero) communication before you meet.

Creates more room for progression :)

• Like 2
thefooloftheyear
Elaborate pls TFY

I'd like to hear a guy's perspective on this ;)

I'm referencing another thread/poster..Nothing to do with your deal..;):)

On a side note, why is it when this thread comes up, I see it as

****Any Mutilating Tips??*****

I was going to suggest an axe or machete, perhaps a chainsaw for the heavy stuff....:laugh:

TFY

• Like 2
  • Author
This would be no big deal to me before meeting, considering you gave him your number last night and are meeting tomorrow and there are still hours left in the day today.

Plus it's not a big change from his usual patterns of messaging twice a day, if I have that right.

Hey Olive :D

Interesting perspective and I cant say I disagree

I'll give him until tomorrow but if I dont hear from him...I'll assume the date is off

And if that does happen....that will be the second, successive first date that has fallen to the way side since I started up OLD again :rolleyes::(:mad:

• Like 1
Cookiesandough

Perhaps. I guess it depends if he's been on/saw it. I just feel like if someone gives number you should acknowledge it. I always do if I'm interested. I don' think you should leave a girl hanging, wondering... waiting all day to reach out...Or at least I wouldn't

Seems like so many guys these days are passive man-children??? This guy, the rapper guy who flaked, No_Go's guy, some guy I had to tell I didn't wanna message anymore to ask me on a date then made me basically plan the details. It's like they're not even making effort anymore.

• Like 2
Perhaps. I guess it depends if he's been on/saw it. I just feel like if someone gives number you should acknowledge it. I always do if I'm interested. I don' think you should leave a girl hanging, wondering... waiting all day to reach out...Or at least I wouldn't

Seems like so many guys these days are passive man-children??? This guy, the rapper guy who flaked, No_Go's guy, some guy I had to tell I didn't wanna message anymore to ask me on a date then made me basically plan the details. It's like they're not even making effort anymore.

Because we made it too easy for them ;)

• Like 2
  • Author

Totally agree with this Cookies. Took the words right out of my mouth. Many times, the guy gives me his number first and I always text him fairly soon after that. This guy was always a slow messager but now his pace is at a stand still. I dont like it. It a huge turn off but I'm trying not be level headed about it at the same time

Ya, pretty sad state of affairs. The reason why I was excited about this guy was because he nailed down a time, date and place without me even hinting at a date. That was a turn on. Now.. *crickets*

• Like 1
  • Author
Because we made it too easy for them ;)

I really didnt make it easy for either guy though

I didnt make them jump through hoops but I didnt do all the leg work either

• Like 1
I really didnt make it easy for either guy though

I didnt make them jump through hoops but I didnt do all the leg work either

Maybe he's playing dating games that he read somewhere - e.g. Not to look too interested etc. it is all BS but some men fall into this trap of advice.

• Like 2
  • Author
Maybe he's playing dating games that he read somewhere - e.g. Not to look too interested etc. it is all BS but some men fall into this trap of advice.

Oh this could def be the case

But if he is playing games in the hope it'll make him appear more desirable or whatever .... he's sadly going to lose :rolleyes:

• Like 2

He might think that his first text to OP is when he will acknowledge that he got her #.

I dunno, I'm more forgiving for simple stuff like this in the beginning / before meeting, even though it's not ideal.

Some people just aren't big on communicating a lot before meeting so that there is more to talk about in person.

Some also don't feel the need to acknowledge every little thing in texts.

You can communicate your preferences once you know them a bit more though.

If you don't hear from him by early tomorrow then absolutely write him off.

• Like 2