Any Multidating Tips???

• Author

Ughhh!!!

Guys! It's been 5 days since I started OLD again and I havent even been out on a first date yet

I almost have to laugh at this but I def wont!

Cookiesandough
Oh this could def be the case

But if he is playing games in the hope it'll make him appear more desirable or whatever .... he's sadly going to lose :rolleyes:

Gives me a good chuckle when guys play the obviously calculated *wait long too long to message" hand. I get a little bit of glee telling them that I assumed they weren't interested and have moved on. Only part of that is true!

• Like 1
Ughhh!!!

Guys! It's been 5 days since I started OLD again and I havent even been out on a first date yet

Is that supposed to be a long time or something?

• Like 1
Ughhh!!!

5 days is nothing. My approach is quality vs quantity . I'm sure if you *wanted* meeting some random dudes that you have no rapport and attraction with, it would have been much faster. But you want a quality guy right? Don't need to meet 100 frogs to find him - keep prescreening.

• Like 2
Gives me a good chuckle when guys play the obviously calculated *wait long too long to message" hand. I get a little bit of glee telling them that I assumed they weren't interested and have moved on. Only part of that is true!

Nothing repels me more in OLD than a guy following 'rules' to 'make' me bite.

If he's not his own individual - I personally pass.

• Like 1
  • Author

My gfs are telling me to reach out to him

So now I'm tempted to

They said they dont see the harm in reaching out and maybe he didnt get my message

Rookies :rolleyes:

• Author

Ok well this explains everything

Mercury is in retrograde until the 5th of September

Mercury rules over communication and right now communication seems totally f**ed not just on my thread but on others I've seen. During this time communication difficulties are abundant

How did I not put the pieces together sooner?

Fml..

• Like 1
  • Author

Pof had been giving me problems since I put my profile up 5 days ago

It would delete my account every other day and I wasnt getting many messages which was odd

I deleted my profile and created a new one (after I saged the s*** out of my phone :laugh:)

Pof is now back up and running at full speed! :D

Which is great because okcupid runs at a slower pace than pof

I'm already so turned off from this guy, I'm onto the next! :bunny:

How old is this man?

Sounds like this man is not into the 'dating games' and this 'texting game'. He is interested in meeting you and he took actions for that to happen. He asked you for your number? probably simply to confirm your date when times come. There is no need for this back and forth chitchat, you are both still strangers. He is keeping his expectations low and so should you.

He sounds confident and straight forward, he set up a date right away, time and place included. He's efficient. Just like his long emails were efficient. These types of men are not into chitchatting over text.

• Like 2
Cookiesandough

Has he contacted you yet to confirm? He may think you don't need confirmation, but this is OLD. Is this his first rodeo?

• Like 1

Meet this one if still scheduled for tomorrow, that's your multi-dating (well multi-writing) experience.

Also probably keep one site at a time - isn't it very confusing/overwhelming otherwise? OKC - you know the boosters (you pay but it's like a dollar per pop) - they work...

Never tried POF - I've heard it needs more pre-screening though.

Pof had been giving me problems since I put my profile up 5 days ago

It would delete my account every other day and I wasnt getting many messages which was odd

I deleted my profile and created a new one (after I saged the s*** out of my phone :laugh:)

Pof is now back up and running at full speed! :D

Which is great because okcupid runs at a slower pace than pof

I'm already so turned off from this guy, I'm onto the next! :bunny:

• Like 1
  • Author
How old is this man?

Sounds like this man is not into the 'dating games' and this 'texting game'. He is interested in meeting you and he took actions for that to happen. He asked you for your number? probably simply to confirm your date when times come. There is no need for this back and forth chitchat, you are both still strangers. He is keeping his expectations low and so should you.

He sounds confident and straight forward, he set up a date right away, time and place included. He's efficient. Just like his long emails were efficient. These types of men are not into chitchatting over text.

Well those are all good points that I didnt think about

Except I saw that he was online today at 5pm so he saw my message with my phone number but I still havent heard from him

You could be right though, maybe he's just waiting until tomorrow to text me

Or maybe he's so good at the game he has to many plates spinning to text me... he was online today after all

• Author
If a guy didn't confirm with me from OLD I wouldn't go...am I the only one?

Oh god no

I wont be there tomorrow unless I hear from him by maybe... 1pm

No way would I show up without confirmation. Too many flakes on OLD for that

• Like 1
  • Author
Meet this one if still scheduled for tomorrow, that's your multi-dating (well multi-writing) experience.

Also probably keep one site at a time - isn't it very confusing/overwhelming otherwise? OKC - you know the boosters (you pay but it's like a dollar per pop) - they work...

Never tried POF - I've heard it needs more pre-screening though.

I've never heard of the boosters??? Hmmm... how do they work?

Pof does have more douches than okcupid but way more people and it moves so much faster! Lots of messages in a very, very short span of time. Okcupid moves at a snail's pace compared to pof

I like using at least 2 sites. It doesnt get confusing for me...Plus I'm too impatient to just use one at a time :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Author
Has he contacted you yet to confirm? He may think you don't need confirmation, but this is OLD. Is this his first rodeo?

He hasnt contacted me period so no confirmation. He has to know I wont be there without hearing from him right?

I know some guys dont know they need to confirm but I mean, its kind of common sense right? Or maybe common courtsey?

I dont know if he's new to OLD or not but when a chick gives you her number, you use it :laugh:

• Like 2

Or maybe he's so good at the game he has to many plates spinning to text me... he was online today after all

He was online and..? Bring everything back to basic. You are 2 strangers online that made arrangement to meet. You shared the important information through emails already right?

Did he ask your number saying he'd call or text? If not than I am pretty sure he asked for it to confirm the date and in case he needs to cancel etc.

Trust me, if you meet this guy and it turns out a positive meet you will appreciate he's not a regular on pof and he gets to the point instead of turning you into a chat buddy.

• Like 3

It is a feature giving your profile higher visibility for 15 or 30 min, I forgot ...

Hah I thought OKC is fast moving! I've had a lot of messages to empty profile with a single (bad) picture there haha, seems like guys message any profile saying 'female'. Match is the slowest for me. Never tried POF but maybe... if need arises, hopefully not ;)

I've never heard of the boosters??? Hmmm... how do they work?

Pof does have more douches than okcupid but way more people and it moves so much faster! Lots of messages in a very, very short span of time. Okcupid moves at a snail's pace compared to pof

I like using at least 2 sites. It doesnt get confusing for me...Plus I'm too impatient to just use one at a time :laugh:

• Like 1

Forgot to add.

You can't judge a man you have not met by the same rules you'd judge someone you've met 3-4 times. There is no 'he should have' or 'he could have'. You have not met, there is nothing of that.

• Like 3
  • Author
He was online and..? Bring everything back to basic. You are 2 strangers online that made arrangement to meet. You shared the important information through emails already right?

Did he ask your number saying he'd call or text? If not than I am pretty sure he asked for it to confirm the date and in case he needs to cancel etc.

Trust me, if you meet this guy and it turns out a positive meet you will appreciate he's not a regular on pof and he gets to the point instead of turning you into a chat buddy.

He didnt ask for my number. I just gave it to him after he nailed down a date (like a pro). I havent heard from him since

I REALLY did like that he made the date so quickly and that he's not looking for a pen pal. I just dont like that I havent heard from him

But I think you're right...as long as he confirms the date by a reasonable time tomorrow... I'll go

• Like 2
  • Author
Forgot to add.

You can't judge a man you have not met by the same rules you'd judge someone you've met 3-4 times. There is no 'he should have' or 'he could have'. You have not met, there is nothing of that.

Ok so if he doesnt confirm the date tomorrow I should still go?

I've been stood up before so I'd be really hesitant to do that :confused:

Ok so if he doesnt confirm the date tomorrow I should still go?

I've been stood up before so I'd be really hesitant to do that :confused:

No, he needs to confirm the date. I think I read somewhere you will give him up to 1 pm, I think it's very reasonable of you to do that.

• Like 3