To all ladies out there.. what's your problem with," I am a Carpenter."

Avarantor

Back on the carpenter thing, back in the 70's I worked as a union carpenter during summer breaks and earned enough (10 bucks an hour back then, when min wage was like 3) to pay for my college tuition and books and still had money left over to go racing. However, no panacea. Being a carpenter is hard work!

tetrahedral
There is some truth that there isn't a lot of growth in that kind of field, unless you start your own business... but the wage thing is totally untrue. Like others in this thread have said, it pays much better than many "educated" jobs.

Well, that's the point.

Working in the trades provides ample avenues to start your own business. Which is more likely to end in big-time career growth than a pat on the head from your boss.

I just find it funny how people have these sitcom-like images of a "white collar job" and a "blue collar job" that are so out of touch with reality.

Being a carpenter in itself isn't going to get you anywhere big financially.... just like being a biologist won't. People with glamorous careers aren't the norm.

• Like 1
todreaminblue
No worries, l'll give u his number and you can tell him all about it, how's that.

ps , crackin up here but hey, l think they'll get over it when they see his penthouse and a few million bucks worth of luxury cars one day.

don't think he would care about my opinion .....like anyone else who does read my stuff on here.....I dont understand why you are cracking up......I was actually being serious.....

not all women care about luxury cars and penthouses...seen a few they all look the same to me....big beds...soft sheets and arrogance...And as far as cars go I can tell the difference bet2ween a Datsun and a Porsche...that's about it....I like colors though........people interest me more than abodes and vehicles.........which is why I replied to your posts....I feel having to pretend a life.... shows a high end insecurity under his surface....as a poet ...I feel sadness there /.

personally...I much prefer an honest guy who trusts me when he dates me to a guy who would drive a different car and pretend to be something he is not.....and then go home to his penthouse feeling like such a clever boy who fooled such a gullible mark.....but ....my opinion doesn't count for much in this world or on here.......so laugh on......glad I made you merry......i wish you well.....deb