7 year affair over

• Author
What_Did_I_Do

I'm trying bea. I read an old post here on LS and to quote:

"No contact doesn't open up the gates of heaven and let you in, it opens up the gates of hell to let you out".

This is my focus. To release myself of those chains I so willingly snapped on without a second thought. I just can't believe 7+ years wasted.

His (vehement) argument was that I wanted him to leave her *right effing now* with a snap of his fingers and sorry WDID, not happening. And too bad if you don't like it or agree. Not that I was counting but 7 years could hardly be deemed as instant..in his or any terms. He truly beat me down. And I let him.

• Like 1
I'm trying bea. I read an old post here on LS and to quote:

"No contact doesn't open up the gates of heaven and let you in, it opens up the gates of hell to let you out".

This is my focus. To release myself of those chains I so willingly snapped on without a second thought. I just can't believe 7+ years wasted.

His (vehement) argument was that I wanted him to leave her *right effing now* with a snap of his fingers and sorry WDID, not happening. And too bad if you don't like it or agree. Not that I was counting but 7 years could hardly be deemed as instant..in his or any terms. He truly beat me down. And I let him.

7 years wasted.... Just don't let the next 7 years be wasted on him.

How are you doing today? I caught up on your thread. I'm sorry that you are hurting. And I'm glad that your exMM is out of your life. He sounds like he's got some serious issues. I know it must be hard to reconcile that truth to how you experienced him prior to this (or was there always some element of this behavior throughout?) In any case, 7 years is a long time and emotion invested into someone but I have hope that you can grow into a stronger and better person through this. I hope you can take some time to think about what you want out of life and who you want to be as a person. We're here for you and listening. Take care.

• Like 1
Wow, you have been putting your energy into something for a very long time, and no wonder you feel drained. You have hardwired yourself into a relationship that seems to have been all one-way. It's time you made YOU number one.

This is the best advice. Always make yourself the priority ;-) always!

i always drawn back to him, missing the moments we had together, even right now, i start to regret why am i ruin the relationship, why cant i just keep quiet and be a good AP. i know he is using me, fooling me, yet i am satisfy with just some small effort like spending a small amount of money on taking me for food etc. omg, help me