How do you find living alone ?

• Author

Well . my new deck's almost finished and damn, is it a master piece.

4th one l've built but this one takes the cake.

On other news , actually there isn't any. :laugh: , no wonder l don't like living alone.

• Like 2
goldengirl11
Social life wise ,tbh as l was saying , l'm not really into just hanging out with friends too much, just doesn't cut it for me.

Although l do love some partying. Not much of that goin on though but if there was l may as well be , nothing else going on.

This damn house is too big for one person.

You're so lucky to have all that space to yourself! Let alone storage space! Wanna swap? ;)

• Like 1
  • Author

You think ?

Gee l dunno , l guess. Although when you've moved as much as l have you get a bit weird about keeping too much junk.

lt's also got two triple garages ahh, l've only got one car .

Maybe l need more cars :bunny:

lf only l was rich , l could start a car collection

Edited by Chilli
  • Like 3
  • Author

Don't get me wrong , this place is only an average 3br house and the garages are only those tin kind , one was full of motors before l moved in.

Just feels huge for one person , mainly because it's got a bit of a round about shape inside and 13ft high ceilings. l've come to the conclusion l hate high ceilings , just means more empty space when there's only one.

Great for music though, the sound bounces around a lot gives a great effect.

A sorta friend l met was living alone in a big old farm house , twice the size of this place and it also had 17 foot high ceilings , she was only 5ft tall,classic house but she was going through divorce rented it alone,

She blocked half the house off and only lived in one half of it. You'd probably love it Golden girl. Funny all the people out there living in all kinds of places.

Talking road trips and snuggles , ya know what l really miss, chasey round the house.

Gf and l were always popping up somewhere with a joke or some kinda tease and one of us would race off chasing the other laughing, like a couple of little kids.Some fun, life.

lots of places to run here too.

And bed at night talking and fun , snuggles and and cosy sleep, don't think l'll ever get use to going to bed alone. but there ya go , whenl was married l'd kill for a few nights with the bed to myself.

Ok, now that l've depressed myself, l'll be off. :cool:

Edited by Chilli

I live alone too.

I have 2 kids full time. They keep me busy, but they are children and not much of a companion relationship there. Just the parent and the kids.

I love them to death. But I get so lonely.

I do everything basically alone too. All of the cooking and cleaning. I don't feel hollow, because I had fought my way out of a divorce and into full custody, which was a solid and warranted victory. I had pursued full custody for years. He was abusive. So I fought for the rights to the kids.

But, I do find myself lonely. I have lived alone for 4 of 6 years, after my divorce. I am also "new." I have been here a while, but also don't fair with "hanging out" too much. I have a couple of friends, and I love them to death, but they are also married.

It can be quite a lonely place to be in. Peaceful, but lonely. If I were not so lonely, I would not be here.

I gave up on empty conversations and online dating a while ago. I Just cant do it. I need a person. Friend. Lover. Whomever.

*sending many hugs*

Maybe you will find someone soon.

• Like 1
Road trip snuggies lol! I definitely miss that, too. I'd say I miss road trip surprises more than snuggies, although the snuggies are good too :).

I met a gal a few days ago that digs live sports. I dont mind kids....I actually think they are great. She has 3, and all in a nice respectable age and can be an experience and enjoy to be around.

Hockey and Football is starting up and I would love to bring them all to a game, but 3 is a bit much to handle for the expense.

I dont even want to sleep with the woman to be honest,,,just get to know her. I can do a day trip before the summer ends with the kids. Love to bring the kids to a game but Im looking at about $1200-1500 for a night with the kids overall.

Im not Mr Money, but 3 kids is a bit much and more than what her ex ever did for those kids.

It may have turned into a small snuggie at bare minimal,,,but my ex wa over earlier and we watched some ball....I got a hug for free.

• Author

Hey Shellyb. thanks for that.

l love living with my daughter but sadly she has a pretty fill on bf thing goin on lately so l hardly get any time with her.

l'm cool but not that cool haha, no way l'm gonna out do the bf to a 16yr old. so it pisses me off but him and he's dad see a lot more of her than l do lately but , gotta let her be a teen with a bf l guess and suck it up.

That's a shame about your children's dad , kids need their father just as much as their mother surely he's ok with his own kids, stay open to that and see if he makes an effort it's not good him not being in their lives.

Sorry your down in the dumps , l hear you with the date site thing. l was on them for a few mths awhile after my divorce but basically just wasted a whole lotta time with women l really wouldn't have even bothered with in RL , although 2 o3 were very nice girls but even those l wouldn't go for in RL. So l got off it. Don't think l''d find the kinda women l go for on those things butttt, there are a few here that met and married someone from date sites so anything can happen l suppose.

But right now ahhh, l'm still sorting out gf stuff in head and heart so , maybe if somebody very special came along , possibly , but l ain't looking though as such type thing..

Although there was someone in a shop l was thinking about but didn't go ahead and someone else, l'd met her a few mths back while l was still with gf that was someone if not for gf at the time well , and here l am but , l think l'll let that go too right now tbh.,

l can't even imagine anyone else right now l've realized so , unless something just happened l think l'm solo for awhile. '

Lots of huggems back at ya,

• Author
I met a gal a few days ago that digs live sports. I dont mind kids....I actually think they are great. She has 3, and all in a nice respectable age and can be an experience and enjoy to be around.

Hockey and Football is starting up and I would love to bring them all to a game, but 3 is a bit much to handle for the expense.

I dont even want to sleep with the woman to be honest,,,just get to know her. I can do a day trip before the summer ends with the kids. Love to bring the kids to a game but Im looking at about $1200-1500 for a night with the kids overall.

Im not Mr Money, but 3 kids is a bit much and more than what her ex ever did for those kids.

It may have turned into a small snuggie at bare minimal,,,but my ex wa over earlier and we watched some ball....I got a hug for free.

Hey stixx,

Well , maybe it's just as well because you really shouldn't go getting close or involved with her kids unless you've actually been together at least 12 mths and it is going to be a serious long term or marriage thing.

So just remember that.

her children have lost their full family but hopefully their father is still very much in their lives and that's who they need.

If he isn;t then total strangers and all of mums casual dates , which don't forget there could be dozens of men before she actually meets the right one, if she meets the right one, and that will only mess them up even more if they are around her children and only to disappear in what, a day , a wk , a yr and only confuses them even more of course.

it's also about the worst thing growing up watching their own mum with all these different men.

So mess around with her yeah , but not around the kids unless you plan on stickiing around for good and marrying her, and that's a long long way off yet.

But all the best and l hope things work out with her.

Edited by Chilli
  • Like 2
Hey Shellyb. thanks for that.

l love living with my daughter but sadly she has a pretty fill on bf thing goin on lately so l hardly get any time with her.

l'm cool but not that cool haha, no way l'm gonna out do the bf to a 16yr old. so it pisses me off but him and he's dad see a lot more of her than l do lately but , gotta let her be a teen with a bf l guess and suck it up.

That's a shame about your children's dad , kids need their father just as much as their mother surely he's ok with his own kids, stay open to that and see if he makes an effort it's not good him not being in their lives.

Sorry your down in the dumps , l hear you with the date site thing. l was on them for a few mths awhile after my divorce but basically just wasted a whole lotta time with women l really wouldn't have even bothered with in RL , although 2 o3 were very nice girls but even those l wouldn't go for in RL. So l got off it. Don't think l''d find the kinda women l go for on those things butttt, there are a few here that met and married someone from date sites so anything can happen l suppose.

But right now ahhh, l'm still sorting out gf stuff in head and heart so , maybe if somebody very special came along , possibly , but l ain't looking though as such type thing..

Although there was someone in a shop l was thinking about but didn't go ahead and someone else, l'd met her a few mths back while l was still with gf that was someone if not for gf at the time well , and here l am but , l think l'll let that go too right now tbh.,

l can't even imagine anyone else right now l've realized so , unless something just happened l think l'm solo for awhile. '

Lots of huggems back at ya,

My experiences are listed in "Where did I go wrong" so I just decided not to date any more and find the "someone special"

I am just taking it day by day, seeing what good people I can come across and where it might take me. I am not looking either, but open to whatever.

Maybe the boyfriend thing will get better soon and if there is a break up you will be able to swoop in and save the day :)

My kids father is an abusive *******. I spent 4 years fighting me and my kids out of that marriage. We all have restraining orders now. We are better off without him :)

• Author

l'll say one thing for living alone it's great just coming and going whenever you like day or night and not having to explain a word to anyone.

Great stayin up all night whenever you please too.

l better watch it ,l could get use to this. :bunny:

• Author

And there's more.

l can sing my lungs out and no one tells me off.

Believe me if you heard my singing , you'd get this.

don't talk to me

I live alone in a foreign country. I am quite lonely in general but living alone is something I do like. My sweet little house is my palace. Having to only cleanup after myself, walking around in shocking outfits, having peace and quiet to contemplate and develop skills at any time of day. I don't have to think of anyone else's needs. And I know I do when I'm not alone. My bed is MINE, really, no stolen duvets and snores (mine don't count!). Right now Im looking at a pink and purple sunset from my window. In fact, most days there are pink and purple sunsets out of my window. And I don't dread looking at them on my own. They're beautiful.

• Like 1
Hey stixx,

Well , maybe it's just as well because you really shouldn't go getting close or involved with her kids unless you've actually been together at least 12 mths and it is going to be a serious long term or marriage thing.

So just remember that.

her children have lost their full family but hopefully their father is still very much in their lives and that's who they need.

If he isn;t then total strangers and all of mums casual dates , which don't forget there could be dozens of men before she actually meets the right one, if she meets the right one, and that will only mess them up even more if they are around her children and only to disappear in what, a day , a wk , a yr and only confuses them even more of course.

it's also about the worst thing growing up watching their own mum with all these different men.

So mess around with her yeah , but not around the kids unless you plan on stickiing around for good and marrying her, and that's a long long way off yet.

But all the best and l hope things work out with her.

I dated women with kids. I did that dad thing a couple times(still can). I never married or have kids. I like kids. I dated a women with 4 kids once. Its was fun. I was not bothered at all that a 7 or 9 year old poked me at 3am and said "there is someone in my room, im scared". I just said "come on up with me and mommy honey...theres nobody there". Its then that 3 more follow and you wake up with a bunch of kids all piled up on you and little arms and legs all over. Yeah,,,,Its cute and I can do all the daddy things till I am blue in the face, but after a bit its a bother because they are not mine.

I also feel that the woman I dated with kids I cant cut them out. I have to include them. If mom wants me aboard he has to understand that she is not #1. The kids need attention and to grow.

I never left because of the kids. Its was only to find mom was actually crazy mom...and thats why I left. So I will never do the dad thing with a woman. Its not my responsibility, and its also a financial burden....But really not. Kids are pretty easy to make happy if you have any proper parenting skills. Not every kid needs Playstation and a Tablet if you know what your doing.

• Author

Pink and purple , sounds really something, glad your house is your palace , very cool.

Mine is starting to feel like that sometimes , haven't been here long as yet. It'd be better though if it was a bit smaller .

Get some gorgeous sunsets out the front here too , l've been trying to capture them , can't do them justice though as yet in photo.

One day :cool:

• Like 1
  • Author

How much time are people alone ?

l work at home, and it's the middle of winter in a pretty dead town so l'm often home alone at night too.

So pretty well most of the time lately , especially since splitting with gf.

l usually get out and about quite a bit though especially with work l have to do long trips but that's often alone too aside from people l meet doing the job.

l suppose l do manage to fo a few things still though when l think about it,

Went out for a drink last Sat night, went to see whales with my daughter Sat before, went upto mountains hiking with my daughter wk or two before that, out to the pub with a few people l think wk before that.

A few people drop in at home but l don't really encourage too much tbh, just not in the mood.

There's a new girl up at a shop l use, damn she;s nice.

l'd say she's a very special lady as a person too and she seems really exited when l walk in, although a bit jittery though.

But l must be getting rusty because l can't think why that would be, unless l make her a touch nervous then maybe that could be a good thing.

She's nice and slim ,dark hair, quite a cute face.40s somewhere.

Seems like such a sweetheart though that l dunno how much a my type she;d be because l;m use to a dose of fire in my women and l've got some myself too so yeahhhh, dunno. She could be too much of a sweetheart for this chilli, not sure.

Just happened to notice there's no ring on that finger either.

Def food for thought though non the less that one, should l start to feel in the mood again.

Mind you , no idea if she'd be seeing anyone.

Edited by Chilli
Going up for some lunch and to watch the whales again today.

Lunch with the whales, how cool is that. :lmao:

That would be pretty awesome I think. lol

• Like 1
How much time are people alone ?

Since best friend and his wife left after the eclipse (watched from front yard) I've seen two humans, well I guess three. Lady across the way and I were talking when her son came out and started yelling at her and she proceeded to run over his foot in her car as she ended the conversation. That was fun. Then a few days later the postal lady delivered a package and was complaining about Amazon and asking if I could drive 20 miles to the PO to pick up packages. Eh, no, that's what I pay you all for. ;)

Else, it's just me and the woods and wildlife. My shop was on the ranch so, like you, I worked at home for 30 years or so. Bugged my exW no end that I could walk a couple hundred feet to work. Same now, except the walk is shorter.

What's cool is I meet women in my wanderings, sometimes get that old buzz in the balls but say, just give it time, and yeah, time is wonderful for going nah, no thanks, like with the foot smasher across the way. Drama, no thanks.

• Like 2

Sometimes....i feel like the lonliest person alive.

I moved two states away from home. It was a small town.

I have a couple of friends here, but nobody to really confide in.

The relationships I have tried have not worked out well at all.

The people I meet are not people I would like to keep around. Mostly, I have met people who are on drugs or have motives to use and take advantage.

I even feel afraid to invite anyone over to my place for a glass of wine because the last time that happened a guy expected sex, and I don't want that to happen again. It was quite uncomfortable.

I work from home and hold meetings sometimes, so I only know a few people form work.

I choose to keep to myself and mind my own business.

I would rather not ask for help or compansionship, because I have basically given up on any of that.

It is a small price to pay for peace of mind, I think.

• Like 1
  • Author

Well carhill,you've gotta call that kid over and check his foot out for me.

Always wondered what would happen if a car ran over your foot :lmao:

The woods and wild life sound damn nice though.

Love that environment except l'd probably be too tempted to become a hermit right now so it's probably just as well l can't have it atm.

So 3 of us right here work from home ,classic.

l have to meet my customers if the come out but that's often done over the net to and with just a bit of texting so often too though we never actually even speak.

Had 3 hirls out the other week checking out an RV and one was def; ahh , a touch interested l would say and seemed like a good women to but not someone l would ask out though.

Often on my trips l meet a few people though or l've also with some have ended up in customers kitchens with coffee at the other and sitting around a few hours talking.

Your sitch sounds a bit like mine right now shell, new small town , only know two people.Both have families anyway so apart from a few quick drop in's about something here and there , nothin goin on but l'm not fussed right now anyway either.

My mind has too much to do right now either.

My thoughts really need space right now so when l do feel like something l jump in the car and get outa here instead and conserve the haven :cool:

• Author

Lunch with the whales was surreal. It was cold and windy and wet so most of the tourists bolted and it felt like it was just me and them.

• Author

1st day of Spring here in a day or two.

And according to most of the new trees and plants l've put in through the year so far Springs gonna be right on time.

They've all really started sprouting this last few wks.

It'll be my first Spring here and it looks like it's gonna really be something.

One of my most fav' times of the year usually but sad;ly it also means the years nearly over already, again.

incredible how fast time flies now . You'd think that'd be age talking but it's not because even my 16 yr old daughter and her friends have been saying the same thing for years.

lt's the world we live in now and the in your face overload of everything these days that does it l believe.

I really live alone right now, but I always have a game plan to change that fact. I have my own house, SUV, work and everything should be okay right. We all need someone else to love and be with. Once you achieve that make things better? Might not! I know a lot of women who rather not have any man in there dwelling 24/7. Peace of mind. I think differently on that subject. Most of these women had bad abuse relationships of the past and rather be on their own. No one can tell them what to do ever again. Yeah where is all the bonding, love an etc. Be can all bond with a pet, but when it comes to your partner can you bond with them. Click or not got to be reason why you feel your best when your living alone. I use to it just take each day as it comes.

I can tell you when I have a woman slept over or lives with me, I feel a lot different. Just to know there in the house is more reason to get home faster, than slower!

• Like 2
  • Author

l was in that shop again getting tea tonight but that place is that busy.

She was on though and served me , still seems jittery but a total sweetheart for sure.

Man she's thin ,l do love thin , l haven't even been able to see her properly before tonight there's usually too many people and another 6 or 7 behind the counter buzzing everywhere too.

Like wafe thin , really , really , thin. lt's just her build she looks healthy, like not anorexic or anything.

• Like 1
  • Author

Nope , she's not for me,

l saw her again and she is gorgeous and funny but the word sweetheart always comes to mind.

Can't fault her really, any man would be way lucky to have her, especially if he loves wafes,

But as nice and a catch as she is l'm just not feeling it.

lt's still too soon for me anyway, l need some time.

Not to worry.

Edited by Chilli
  • Like 1