Girlfriends going traveling

sevendays

This is harder than I thought... Been a rough day man.

You'll have a few of these days. Then you'll start dating a better, more attractive woman and this one will fade from the memory banks.

• Like 2
  • Author

I've had my FB, instagram deleted for nearly two weeks now. Helps me not lurking on her pages and resetting myself. Maybe it's a bit "weak" of me deleting, instead of just blocking her, but this is what helps me I feel. AND.

She can't see what i'm up to these days. :)

• Like 4
This is harder than I thought... Been a rough day man.

If I'm dating a young woman and she gos off travelling, to be honest I kind of expect her to have new experiences. I'll always say, 'Do what ever you want...'

Now if a woman gos off traveling and she's really into you, she'll invite you along. So the first sign of her just 'dating,' was the fact she went off by herself.

The second sign, 'I'll contact you if I get the time.' This translates as, 'I'm connecting with a new guy I met in an exotic foreign place, I'm connecting with him and might be sleeping with him soon, if I haven't done so already.'

I know because I've been the guy the young woman has met while traveling a few times. (No, I've never gone there as I don't want to get intimate with a woman who isn't single).

As soon as a I meet a woman who is traveling without her BF, I know that 8 times out of ten she hasn't committed to him. And I know that I'm probably going to get an invitation for sex.

If a woman does go traveling without you, you'll get as many messages from her as she can possibly send if she's into you. If busy, she'll text you from the bathroom if that's the only free time she has. You'll hear from her on a regular basis.

And even then bear in mind that it could dry up very quickly, for the simple reason that she hasn't said that she wants you here now. And even THEN you could get there and it doesn't work out because its a different environment and she's all of a sudden not sure how she feels!

So its a minefield, and the only way to be is completely detached. Always be on your own game. Another poster suggested that you should date others, he was criticized but the essence of his advice was correct, as later on in the thread we see that she ends it with you.

You don't have to date other women while dating someone, but don't throw away the black book of phone numbers just yet. Keep other options in the back of your mind.

Immediate NC was the absolute best thing to do. Its first and foremost the absolute best thing for yourself. Do bear in mind though, she will reach out to you as you've shown a strength she didn't see coming. I wouldn't take her back though, unless you're willing to accept that she's here today and gone tomorrow, and that she has connected with other men on her trip. Possibly while she was writing to you.

You seem like a good man, but don't be a nice guy. I've been in your situation a few times myself. Just keep walking and concentrating on you.

It's not weak. You are simply closing the blinds on a window into your life. EXs don't get a front row seat into your life anymore. They don't need it.

The beginning is rough. You're doing the right thing by posting here.

Hang in there.

• Like 2
  • Author
If I'm dating a young woman and she gos off travelling, to be honest I kind of expect her to have new experiences. I'll always say, 'Do what ever you want...'

Now if a woman gos off traveling and she's really into you, she'll invite you along. So the first sign of her just 'dating,' was the fact she went off by herself.

The second sign, 'I'll contact you if I get the time.' This translates as, 'I'm connecting with a new guy I met in an exotic foreign place, I'm connecting with him and might be sleeping with him soon, if I haven't done so already.'

I know because I've been the guy the young woman has met while traveling a few times. (No, I've never gone there as I don't want to get intimate with a woman who isn't single).

As soon as a I meet a woman who is traveling without her BF, I know that 8 times out of ten she hasn't committed to him. And I know that I'm probably going to get an invitation for sex.

If a woman does go traveling without you, you'll get as many messages from her as she can possibly send if she's into you. If busy, she'll text you from the bathroom if that's the only free time she has. You'll hear from her on a regular basis.

And even then bear in mind that it could dry up very quickly, for the simple reason that she hasn't said that she wants you here now. And even THEN you could get there and it doesn't work out because its a different environment and she's all of a sudden not sure how she feels!

So its a minefield, and the only way to be is completely detached. Always be on your own game. Another poster suggested that you should date others, he was criticized but the essence of his advice was correct, as later on in the thread we see that she ends it with you.

You don't have to date other women while dating someone, but don't throw away the black book of phone numbers just yet. Keep other options in the back of your mind.

Immediate NC was the absolute best thing to do. Its first and foremost the absolute best thing for yourself. Do bear in mind though, she will reach out to you as you've shown a strength she didn't see coming. I wouldn't take her back though, unless you're willing to accept that she's here today and gone tomorrow, and that she has connected with other men on her trip. Possibly while she was writing to you.

You seem like a good man, but don't be a nice guy. I've been in your situation a few times myself. Just keep walking and concentrating on you.

That NC also includes blocking her phonenumber right?

TheTraveler

Yesterday she wrote a message along these lines;

Hi ******,

I know I haven't contacted you, and i've been very distant, and seemed careless when I've been in contact. Reason is, I've lost all feelings for you. However, I so much wish that we could stay friends as I don't want to lose you in my life, as I think you are such an amazing guy.

I knew this was going to happen.

She's off on a 6-7 week life changing adventure. Your relationship was in it's infancy, and I'm pretty sure you're relatively young.

She met a guy, develop an instant connection at the beginning of the trip. One thing leads to another and you receive a message like this.

Remember, all the NC everyone is telling you to do...it's not to get her back, it's to heal and move on.

The relationship of bf/gf is finished. You may have a hookup here and there when she's back, but the girl isn't relationship material. That ship has set sailed.

GL op

That NC also includes blocking her phonenumber right?

If thats what helps you to move on then yes. Do not reach out to her for any reason. Trust what we are all saying on this.

• Author
If thats what helps you to move on then yes. Do not reach out to her for any reason. Trust what we are all saying on this.

Ofc, not planning on breaking it at any point. I have to ask though, what makes you think that she will reach out to me again?

• Author
Don't ask. Just get her out of your head. Onwards and upwards.

Without a doubt. Hopefully NC will help me with this

Good job with the NC, keep it up.

Also, you don't have to delete your profiles (FB/Instagram) to continue NC with her. Reinstate your accounts, just block her. Its the same difference and you're not losing contact of other people (by deleting the accounts) because of her.

• Author
Good job with the NC, keep it up.

Also, you don't have to delete your profiles (FB/Instagram) to continue NC with her. Reinstate your accounts, just block her. Its the same difference and you're not losing contact of other people (by deleting the accounts) because of her.

For now, I feel better with it all deleted. :)

• Like 1

OP good job with the NC we all know it's hard as hell, I love this.! because it's got to be driving her nuts Knowing that her plan B is it sitting at home waiting for her crying. That's why she tried contacting you. She was not expecting you to do the right thing for you by cutting out of your life like a cancer. Good for you 0P. Stay the course with NC, but keep us posted when she tries to reach out. Good job

Edited by Sparta
  • Author
OP good job with the NC we all know it's hard as hell, I love this.! because it's got to be driving her nuts Knowing that her plan B is it sitting at home waiting for her crying. That's why she tried contacting you. She was not expecting you to do the right thing for you by cutting out of your life like a cancer. Good for you 0P. Stay the course with NC, but keep us posted when she tries to reach out. Good job

You think she'll reach out?

• Author
Stop it!! Just stop picking at the scab if you want it to heal!

I know... Sorry man, just rough days. I deserve to be treated better.

• Like 1
  • Author

As I went to pick up some food at the supermarket, one of her girlfriends saw me and said 'Hello ******'. All I said back was hi and smiled. That doesn't count as breaking NC does it?

doyathinkso

Naw. You're not going No Contact with the whole world, right?

However, had you asked 'How's so and so doing?' then that would be breaking N C. Furthermore I would keep meetings with her friends to as few and as short as possible in order to minimize the chance of that happening.

Remember, out of sight out of mind.

Naw. You're not going No Contact with the whole world, right?

However, had you asked 'How's so and so doing?' then that would be breaking N C. Furthermore I would keep meetings with her friends to as few and as short as possible in order to minimize the chance of that happening.

Remember, out of sight out of mind.

Well, unless you want to date the friend. Hey, she may be interested, and if she has no bf, why not? Remember, just because you r ex was a dud doesn't mean her friends are... :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Author

Yesterday she rang. I didn't pick up, but she left a voice mail... I could hear her crying and saying "Please pick up"...

Nah..