Feeling like I'm missing out

Yeah, the 2 dentists I went to said I did grind from anxiety & I have some chipped teeth due to it. But I've already tried 3 different night guards & they've done nothing to fix my issue. I've tried exercises that the physical therapist told me to do & that didn't help. I just don't know what to do anymore.

Try yet another night guard. I just ordered a new type. It should be here Saturday. I'll let you know how it works. If you're chipping teeth, you have a serious problem. I have a lot of wear, and have had to have some bonding done for chips/cracks. But I'm 54.

You might also try a magnesium supplement. It's done wonders for me, as has getting my vitamin D levels up. Most people are difficient, unless you're a roofer in a sunny climate. :laugh:

I'll send you links to the products I bought.

A bit?

Have you ever tried walking a lot, daily and seen the effects?

Try it. From tomorrow.

And you do mean far enough and long enough to get the heart rate up and sweat. Correct?

• Like 1
  • Author
Try yet another night guard. I just ordered a new type. It should be here Saturday. I'll let you know how it works. If you're chipping teeth, you have a serious problem. I have a lot of wear, and have had to have some bonding done for chips/cracks. But I'm 54.

You might also try a magnesium supplement. It's done wonders for me, as has getting my vitamin D levels up. Most people are difficient, unless you're a roofer in a sunny climate. :laugh:

I'll send you links to the products I bought.

My dentist doesn't want to make me another night guard. I've been made 3 different types & none of them have done anything to fix my issue. And are you being made a night guard by your dentist or are you getting one from the store? And the chipping isn't too bad & it hasn't gotten worse.

What will the magnesium do for me specifically? I know someone mentioned it in here awhile back but I forgot what it specifically does. I do want to possibly try it but I want to see what my doctor says about everything first when I see him again next month.

I just had to spit up that green phlegm that I mentioned a little while back. I still have no idea where exactly it's coming from. I just don't get it. Also, my head is hurting a bit again today that I had to take an aspirin. I just don't understand why I don't get better from this. I feel my last resort is a chiropractor since I feel something is physically wrong somewhere with my face muscles or it could somehow be an ear issue I just don't know. I really do honestly feel like giving up at times since my quality of life is just not good at the moment.

Edited by NJ123

I chewed through my custom made guard, so am just buying the kind you heat up and fit yourself. I'll report back.

As for magnesium, it has a lot to do with nerve conduction and muscle relaxation. I've been getting the best sleep since I started taking it. I have no more leg cramps, and my jaw is relaxed. There's no need to wait to see a doc to take it. Same with vitamin D.

As for your green stuff, go buy a can of Arm and Hammer saline spray. Get the pressurized can. Start washing your sinuses out over the bathroom sink or in the shower. It's much easier than a Neti pot.

Get to it; why wait?

• Author
I chewed through my custom made guard, so am just buying the kind you heat up and fit yourself. I'll report back.

As for magnesium, it has a lot to do with nerve conduction and muscle relaxation. I've been getting the best sleep since I started taking it. I have no more leg cramps, and my jaw is relaxed. There's no need to wait to see a doc to take it. Same with vitamin D.

As for your green stuff, go buy a can of Arm and Hammer saline spray. Get the pressurized can. Start washing your sinuses out over the bathroom sink or in the shower. It's much easier than a Neti pot.

Get to it; why wait?

True, tell me how well it works for you.

And what brand & where do you get your magnesium? If I decided to get it I wouldn't want a cheap brand or anything.

And I've already tried nasal spray for awhile that the allergist I went to gave me for awhile. When I was on it I never spit up the green stuff but when I stopped taking the spray it just came back again. I'm just wondering if it has something to do with my Eustachian tube in some way.

True, tell me how well it works for you.

And what brand & where do you get your magnesium? If I decided to get it I wouldn't want a cheap brand or anything.

And I've already tried nasal spray for awhile that the allergist I went to gave me for awhile. When I was on it I never spit up the green stuff but when I stopped taking the spray it just came back again. I'm just wondering if it has something to do with my Eustachian tube in some way.

Your Eustachian tube is way too small to be making green stuff. It's more likely your parotid glands or maxillary sinuses. The nasal spray he gave you can't be used forever. Spend 8 to 10 bucks on a can of this stuff and irrigate your sinuses! It got rid of my post nasal drip.

• Author
Your Eustachian tube is way too small to be making green stuff. It's more likely your parotid glands or maxillary sinuses. The nasal spray he gave you can't be used forever. Spend 8 to 10 bucks on a can of this stuff and irrigate your sinuses! It got rid of my post nasal drip.

How long can the arm & hammer spray be used? I don't know if you saw but I already said I had a CT Scan & X-Ray done of my sinuses & it came back completely normal. And let's say it was my parotid gland or maxillary sinuses than how do I go about getting it fixed?

And you didn't say but what magnesium supplement brands are good to get & at what dose?

How long can the arm & hammer spray be used? I don't know if you saw but I already said I had a CT Scan & X-Ray done of my sinuses & it came back completely normal. And let's say it was my parotid gland or maxillary sinuses than how do I go about getting it fixed?

And you didn't say but what magnesium supplement brands are good to get & at what dose?

Sent you a PM. Here's the nasal spray. Use it to your heart's content. Our bodies are 90% saline. Probably cheaper at Wal Mart.

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/simply-saline-nasal-mist/ID=prod6091020-product?ext=gooPLA_-_Health_Care&pla&adtype=pla&kpid=sku6082154&sst=27516782-d82e-473a-8088-b804a6c89324

You can certainly have normal scans and still be producing junk. Scans will show major infections, tumors, or stones. But they don't show everything, and can't show you something that isn't there all the time.

Start irrigating the heck out of things and see if it clears up.

And you do mean far enough and long enough to get the heart rate up and sweat. Correct?

Absolutely yes!

The type that improves overall health, wellbeing, mood, lowers stress, alleviates ailments etc. ad infinitum.

It's also free and amazing to do in whatever weather. I prefer snow, sunshine and heavy rain the most.

• Like 1
I can't believe I have to wait another full month to see my doctor again. I'm experiencing the burning pretty bad right at this moment. This is just crazy. I keep saying it but I'm so frustrated where I just don't know how I'm supposed to have a completely normal life when I'm always dealing with this among other issues. I just don't get how I wound up in this position where I feel I'm never going to get better. It's like what am I supposed to do. Why do I keep waking up everyday dealing with the same issue where it never gets better? I'm just so beyond frustrated to the extreme that I'm still not better from this & what scares me is the uncertainty that it'll ever get better. How do I remain positive dealing with this as well as having to deal with a whole set of other issues on top of this? I just don't know how I wound up here.

Not to harp on this, dude, but there are MANY people in the world who live with chronic illness, or impairments/impediments that restrict their mobility (missing limbs, blindness, etc.), yet they get on with their lives. They don't sit and fret about missing out on a "normal life," they make the lives they have their new normal, and have rich and fulfilling experiences, despite their limitations.

You are the one allowing this issue, whatever it is, to stand in the way when at the end of the day, you don't need to do that.

• Like 3
  • Author
Sent you a PM. Here's the nasal spray. Use it to your heart's content. Our bodies are 90% saline. Probably cheaper at Wal Mart.

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/simply-saline-nasal-mist/ID=prod6091020-product?ext=gooPLA_-_Health_Care&pla&adtype=pla&kpid=sku6082154&sst=27516782-d82e-473a-8088-b804a6c89324

You can certainly have normal scans and still be producing junk. Scans will show major infections, tumors, or stones. But they don't show everything, and can't show you something that isn't there all the time.

Start irrigating the heck out of things and see if it clears up.

I'll order the nasal spray & magnesium on amazon to see if they do anything to help. I guess I have nothing to lose by trying them at this point.

• Like 1
  • Author
Not to harp on this, dude, but there are MANY people in the world who live with chronic illness, or impairments/impediments that restrict their mobility (missing limbs, blindness, etc.), yet they get on with their lives. They don't sit and fret about missing out on a "normal life," they make the lives they have their new normal, and have rich and fulfilling experiences, despite their limitations.

You are the one allowing this issue, whatever it is, to stand in the way when at the end of the day, you don't need to do that.

It's just not so simple for some people though. I never expected to be in this position with all these problems & now I just want to get back to feeling normal & it never does. It's just difficult to think that I'll never feel 100% normal again when I used to be healthy.

What you describe may be your body decaying due to depression. Everyone here has been offering excellent advice, but in the end only you can set you free of your own self-damaging thoughts. Doctors and people who love you can help to an extent, but unfortunately the only cure for your sickness is within you.

To give you a living example of this. My grandmother overcame cancer basically though sheer will power. She's still living at 90 years old and no doctor has yet come up with an explanation as to how she's still doing all the things she has been doing for the past 80 years. I think she's a living testament that you're never at the mercy of your conditions. If your body and/or mind are sick, you can rise up over it if you muster up the will to do it.

My advice isn't very practical but you have been given plenty of that I guess. Just know that you're not alone and you're not the only one fighting a seemingly insurmountable battle. Just hang in there bud.

• Like 1
I'll order the nasal spray & magnesium on amazon to see if they do anything to help. I guess I have nothing to lose by trying them at this point.

You can get the spray anywhere. Wal Mart.

Let me know when you've got the magnesium. I have some tips on helping your body adjust.

Good luck!

• Like 1
BronzeAgeJaeger217

This still worries me and I wonder if it worries the OP, that if it ever does finally ever happen for us, it's going to be removing the mental and emotional pain, scaring, wounds, of the years we missed out earlier

This still worries me and I wonder if it worries the OP, that if it ever does finally ever happen for us, it's going to be removing the mental and emotional pain, scaring, wounds, of the years we missed out earlier

Which is precisely why most people make the most out of life.

It's too short to waste it.

A good relationship should add to your life - not 'be' your life.

It's a shame even that the OP has chosen to order online when he could get one of those items at Wallmart. He could have gone for a gorgeous morning walk for an hour or two before the shops open, grabbed a coffee, interacted with people, gone to Wallmart to get what he needed and enjoyed a morning out instead of sitting online to order at home.

He could have just made that little shopping expo into a really nice day which would have done him the world of good. Or, he could have met a really nice lady that morning if he had been out and about and enjoying himself.

His choice though.

But yeah, until a person drops the bitterness then they won't be attractive. Bitterness is so so easy to spot in people and it's tiresome to be around someone like that.

• Like 4
BronzeAgeJaeger217
Which is precisely why most people make the most out of life.

It's too short to waste it.

A good relationship should add to your life - not 'be' your life.

It's a shame even that the OP has chosen to order online when he could get one of those items at Wallmart. He could have gone for a gorgeous morning walk for an hour or two before the shops open, grabbed a coffee, interacted with people, gone to Wallmart to get what he needed and enjoyed a morning out instead of sitting online to order at home.

He could have just made that little shopping expo into a really nice day which would have done him the world of good. Or, he could have met a really nice lady that morning if he had been out and about and enjoying himself.

His choice though.

But yeah, until a person drops the bitterness then they won't be attractive. Bitterness is so so easy to spot in people and it's tiresome to be around someone like that.

It's more important for a guy to have a life that he wakes up excited for everyday more than the other way around but oh well I guess that's just life and reality

Shorty Shortison
It's more important for a guy to have a life that he wakes up excited for everyday more than the other way around but oh well I guess that's just life and reality
Well I don't have a girlfriend or post nasal drip or whatever either, but I'm still happy when I get started on my day. I have a crap job but a part time gig at a radio station that I'm excited about all week, there is alot of good things to do rather you have a girlfriend or sinus problems or whateve. Plus theirs a cute girl at the station I'm looking forward to seeing too, I hope I get enough nerve to ask her for coffee soon.
BronzeAgeJaeger217
Well I don't have a girlfriend or post nasal drip or whatever either, but I'm still happy when I get started on my day. I have a crap job but a part time gig at a radio station that I'm excited about all week, there is alot of good things to do rather you have a girlfriend or sinus problems or whateve. Plus theirs a cute girl at the station I'm looking forward to seeing too, I hope I get enough nerve to ask her for coffee soon.

Well it does truly seem it is like that, hate how low self-esteem looks worse in men than it does in women, a low self-esteem woman has a better chance of getting dates, a boyfriend more than a low self-esteem guy does at getting dates, getting a girlfriend, but that's the way the world works whether we like it or not

Really???

It is not so important for a woman to have a life that she "wakes up excited for everyday"????

• Like 4
Really???

It is not so important for a woman to have a life that she "wakes up excited for everyday"????

It shouldn't come as a shock that guys who have little to no real-world experience with women in the romance department tend to have skewed, sometimes absurd perspectives of what makes them tick.

• Like 6
Really???

Well, we wake up gorgeous every day and only need to walk out the door to find sex.

What more could we ask for?

• Like 1
Really???

Ditto!

You think you have heard it all and then - Bam!

Must remember not to wake up happywxcited/inspired tomorrow..........

I thought it was important for me (or anyone) to do that as it makes me feel great - but it's not apparently - because I am a woman.

Right..OK...!

It's true that women don't need to be in a good mood. I walk around muttering under my breath about how stupid I think everyone is, and I still get hit on all the time. Just yesterday I yelled at the Starbucks barista for messing up my drink, and it must have impressed the young man behind me because he chased after me and asked for my number.

• Like 1
BronzeAgeJaeger217
It's true that women don't need to be in a good mood. I walk around muttering under my breath about how stupid I think everyone is, and I still get hit on all the time. Just yesterday I yelled at the Starbucks barista for messing up my drink, and it must have impressed the young man behind me because he chased after me and asked for my number.

Yep exactly that doesn't surprise me at all