Feeling like I'm missing out

• Author
Both TMJ and anxiety are CTD symptoms.

I've had anxiety before this problem ever started though. I just looked up CTD & have no clue if that would be it or not. It just seems there's so many different types of issues with it that it's impossible to know whether it could be that or not.

I've had anxiety before this problem ever started though. I just looked up CTD & have no clue if that would be it or not. It just seems there's so many different types of issues with it that it's impossible to know whether it could be that or not.

I have CTD myself. It's actually characterised by having many issues which seem unrelated because connective tissue exists all over the body. If this sounds like you, there's a good chance you may have it. It is a lot more common than doctors think and there are many people walking around like you with many ailments, who don't know they have it.

• Author
I have CTD myself. It's actually characterised by having many issues which seem unrelated because connective tissue exists all over the body. If this sounds like you, there's a good chance you may have it. It is a lot more common than doctors think and there are many people walking around like you with many ailments, who don't know they have it.

I'm just not sure. It's too hard to say. What are your specific symptoms if you don't mind me asking?

....I also used to suffer from extreme anxiety/social phobia before other symptoms started appearing, but a few months after CTD treatment, I don't have it anymore.

I'm just not sure. It's too hard to say. What are your specific symptoms if you don't mind me asking?

Ok, well, I'm female- endometriosis, bowel/womb prolapse, overly loose joints especially TMJs, ankles, SI joints, wrists, dislocated joints/subluxations, eczema and other skin problems, very dry skin, many feet problems, neuromas, plantar fasciitis, muscle spasm, Graves' disease, anxiety which is now resolved, carpal tunnel syndrome, muscle weakness, IBS, bloated stomach, multiple womb problems, insomnia which is now also resolved.

The list is endless, these are just the symptoms I have.

Brain fog is a common symptom. I have also had this in the past.

You don't need to have loose joints, by the way. Many people have tight joints ie-their muscles tighten up to compensate for loose joint ligaments.

Edited by truthtripper
  • Author
Ok, well, I'm female- endometriosis, bowel/womb prolapse, overly loose joints especially TMJs, ankles, SI joints, wrists, dislocated joints/subluxations, eczema and other skin problems, very dry skin, many feet problems, neuromas, plantar fasciitis, muscle spasm, Graves' disease, anxiety which is now resolved, carpal tunnel syndrome, muscle weakness, IBS, bloated stomach, multiple womb problems, insomnia which is now also resolved.

The list is endless, these are just the symptoms I have.

Brain fog is a common symptom. I have also had this in the past.

You don't need to have loose joints, by the way. Many people have tight joints ie-their muscles tighten up to compensate for loose joint ligaments.

Oh wow that's a lot of symptoms. A long time ago I used to get really weird symptoms with my bowels as well as severe excruciating headaches & nausea. Right now I mainly get burning in my head/ears where it feels like a nerve is affected which might be why I get that fogginess feeling in my head, occasional odd dizziness symptom, face muscles hurting when eating at times or when I open my mouth wide, clicking/popping/crackling in/near my ear, swollen lymph nodes on/right near my right jaw line, occasional headaches - sometimes they're just mild while other times they can be really bad but it's more rare lately to get the bad headaches.

Oh wow that's a lot of symptoms. A long time ago I used to get really weird symptoms with my bowels as well as severe excruciating headaches & nausea. Right now I mainly get burning in my head/ears where it feels like a nerve is affected which might be why I get that fogginess feeling in my head, occasional odd dizziness symptom, face muscles hurting when eating at times or when I open my mouth wide, clicking/popping/crackling in/near my ear, swollen lymph nodes on/right near my right jaw line, occasional headaches - sometimes they're just mild while other times they can be really bad but it's more rare lately to get the bad headaches.

You can get a burning sensation from infected/blocked sinuses. If there is excess pressure there, it can press on the facial nerves which can also cause the pain in your face when you move it. If the popping is in your ear, that's definitely blocked Eustachian tubes. I used to get popping often. When you move your jaw, the pressure changes in your ear which causes the popping.

It sounds to me like you have infected sinuses which have also affected your ear/s and lymphs. This can cause headaches and it's a well known fact that blocked ears can affect your sense of balance, hence the dizziness and nausea. Popping in the ears can be mistaken for clicking TMJs.

I have experienced these symptoms on and off myself. There's a herb called barberry root bark. It's a potent antibiotic as well as having many other health benefits. It will clear out any congestion in your head. It's a harmless herb and can only do you good. I only discovered the herb recently but it has already made a big difference to my hearing after the drinking it in tea form for a few days.

It's a coincidence that you complain about what I'm getting over at the moment!

• Author
You can get a burning sensation from infected/blocked sinuses. If there is excess pressure there, it can press on the facial nerves which can also cause the pain in your face when you move it. If the popping is in your ear, that's definitely blocked Eustachian tubes. I used to get popping often. When you move your jaw, the pressure changes in your ear which causes the popping.

It sounds to me like you have infected sinuses which have also affected your ear/s and lymphs. This can cause headaches and it's a well known fact that blocked ears can affect your sense of balance, hence the dizziness and nausea. Popping in the ears can be mistaken for clicking TMJs.

I have experienced these symptoms on and off myself. There's a herb called barberry root bark. It's a potent antibiotic as well as having many other health benefits. It will clear out any congestion in your head. It's a harmless herb and can only do you good. I only discovered the herb recently but it has already made a big difference to my hearing after the drinking it in tea form for a few days.

It's a coincidence that you complain about what I'm getting over at the moment!

The thing is I've already had a CT Scan & X-Ray of my sinuses done & they came back completely normal. I've already seen two different ENTs & they checked my ears & the one did the Eustachian tube test & it came back normal. So I just don't think it could be my sinuses causing it.

The thing is I've already had a CT Scan & X-Ray of my sinuses done & they came back completely normal. I've already seen two different ENTs & they checked my ears & the one did the Eustachian tube test & it came back normal. So I just don't think it could be my sinuses causing it.

From my experience with scans and X-Ray's, they sometimes or often don't pick up pathologies. For example, a few years ago a friend died from cancer because it didn't show up on the initial tests. My uncle developed a very painful, swollen knee, but despite the obvious pathology, the tests were clear. I had countless scans on my uterus for years and years which never picked up my endometriosis. That was discovered during a surgical procedure.

So we can't always rely on test results, including blood tests. My blood was tested for infammation and that came back negative despite my swollen ankles and body covered in eczema.

Medicine has progressed in leaps and bounds over the years but there are still lots of loopholes.

• Author
From my experience with scans and X-Ray's, they sometimes or often don't pick up pathologies. For example, a few years ago a friend died from cancer because it didn't show up on the initial tests. My uncle developed a very painful, swollen knee, but despite the obvious pathology, the tests were clear. I had countless scans on my uterus for years and years which never picked up my endometriosis. That was discovered during a surgical procedure.

So we can't always rely on test results, including blood tests. My blood was tested for infammation and that came back negative despite my swollen ankles and body covered in eczema.

Medicine has progressed in leaps and bounds over the years but there are still lots of loopholes.

Yeah, true. I've had countless tests done & every single one of them came back normal. Do you think it's worth for me to go to a chiropractor? I just don't think it's my sinuses since I breathe fine through my sinuses but I do at times spit up green phlegm ever since this problem started. I don't cough it up or anything but I just get this weird feeling in my throat than green phlegm comes up out of my throat. Could it be coming from the ear somehow though. And if it is how is that happening? It's just so confusing.

Yeah, true. I've had countless tests done & every single one of them came back normal. Do you think it's worth for me to go to a chiropractor? I just don't think it's my sinuses since I breathe fine through my sinuses but I do at times spit up green phlegm ever since this problem started. I don't cough it up or anything but I just get this weird feeling in my throat than green phlegm comes up out of my throat. Could it be coming from the ear somehow though. And if it is how is that happening? It's just so confusing.

Spitting up green phlegm could mean there's an infection. I don't know if ear discharge can come out of your mouth but perhaps it's possible since they are connected.

If I was you, I'd take an antibiotic for a few weeks, preferably herbal. See what happens. If it doesn't do the trick, then you can rule out infection.

• Author
Spitting up green phlegm could mean there's an infection. I don't know if ear discharge can come out of your mouth but perhaps it's possible since they are connected.

If I was you, I'd take an antibiotic for a few weeks, preferably herbal. See what happens. If it doesn't do the trick, then you can rule out infection.

I've tried antibiotics in the past like 3 or 4 times. And it never did anything to help me. My primary doctor thinks it means nothing for why I spit up green phlegm. He thinks I'm crazy at this point though & says I should seek counseling for this particular issue with whatever is happening to me. I just don't know what to do at this point.

I don't want to sound like I'm minimizing your predicament, OP, but you do sound like you have health anxiety. I say that from experience, because I used to suffer from it, and what you're describing—the physical symptoms and the repeated doctors visits—sound like textbook HA.

I recommend you google "anxiety zone." There's a hypochondria forum there that I think you should read. You may be surprised how familiar it all sounds.

• Author
I don't want to sound like I'm minimizing your predicament, OP, but you do sound like you have health anxiety. I say that from experience, because I used to suffer from it, and what you're describing—the physical symptoms and the repeated doctors visits—sound like textbook HA.

I recommend you google "anxiety zone." There's a hypochondria forum there that I think you should read. You may be surprised how familiar it all sounds.

It's not hypochondria. I've been accused of that in the past but it definitely isn't. There's something going on for me to have these symptoms I'm getting. As I said I feel literal burning in my ear, head & face as well as other symptoms. I just wish someone would believe me & try to help me instead of just sending me on my way since the tests come back normal. I'm 100% positive something is wrong since I know my body & how I feel & it's not all just in my head.

It's not hypochondria. I've been accused of that in the past but it definitely isn't. There's something going on for me to have these symptoms I'm getting. As I said I feel literal burning in my ear, head & face as well as other symptoms. I just wish someone would believe me & try to help me instead of just sending me on my way since the tests come back normal. I'm 100% positive something is wrong since I know my body & how I feel & it's not all just in my head.

Have you seen a Cranial Osteopath?

If not, it would be a good idea.

• Like 1

I never said it's in your head. Did you read my post: I used to struggle with the same symptoms (they're real!) but they were psychosomatic. That didn't mean I was making them up, it meant they weren't being caused by anything "wrong," they were caused by overactive stress hormones.

A diagnosis of HA is not a brush-off diagnosis or negative thing; getting over it was literally one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. But there is treatment available, you just need to decide to do it.

Let me know if you want any more info. I've been through this ringer.

• Like 1
  • Author
I never said it's in your head. Did you read my post: I used to struggle with the same symptoms (they're real!) but they were psychosomatic. That didn't mean I was making them up, it meant they weren't being caused by anything "wrong," they were caused by overactive stress hormones.

A diagnosis of HA is not a brush-off diagnosis or negative thing; getting over it was literally one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. But there is treatment available, you just need to decide to do it.

Let me know if you want any more info. I've been through this ringer.

Doesn't psychosomatic mean by psychological stress? Let's say for arguments sake it really is that, than what's the treatment for it? I tried going on medication in the past year but it just made me feel even weirder than I do now. It's like a nerve in my body is being affected & I feel burning instead of anxiety if that makes any sense. It's just really difficult to explain.

• Like 1
What do they do exactly?

"Cranial osteopathy is a refined and subtle type of osteopathic treatment that encourages the release of stresses and tensions throughout the body, including the head. It is a gentle yet extremely effective approach and may be used in a wide range of conditions for people of all ages, from birth to old age. Osteopaths may have different specialities including sports injuries, paediatrics, and visceral osteopathy (treating the internal organs of the body). Cranial osteopathy embraces all of these.

lnvoluntary Motion

Cranial osteopaths are trained to feel a very subtle, rhythmical shape change that is present in all body tissues. This is called Involuntary Motion or the Cranial Rhythm. The movement is of very small amplitude, therefore it takes practitioners with a very finely developed sense of touch to feel it. This rhythm was first described in the early 1900’s by Dr. William G. Sutherland and its existence was confirmed in a series of laboratory tests in the 1960’s and ’70’s. Tension in the body disrupts the rhythmical motion expressed in the body tissues. Practitioners compare what your rhythm is doing to what they consider ideal. This shows them what stresses and strains your body is under at present, and what tensions it may be carrying as a result of its past history. It also gives them an insight into the overall condition of your body, for example if it is healthy, or stressed and tired."

Take care.

Firstly, believe me, I know where you are with the symptoms. I have had facial and eye pain for years and went through a similar pathway to you to try to find a solution. It was eventually diagnosed as Trigeminal Neuralgia, but in some ways that was all that was left. I still had to live with the problem and took Gabapentin for years, which helped. The pain has faded somewhat but it is still there and I know I'll never be normal in that respect. It is demoralising because you think others see how you are different and not right somehow, but actually that is not the case. They are oblivious.

Some health issues can hold a person back because they directly affect the possiblity of a close relationship, e.g. it affects the way they look, their energy for a sexual relationship, or similar. If your condition doesn't affect the way you appear to others, then you could work round it as best you can. A partner should understand you are in pain sometimes and trying to get this resolved.

I do understand what you mean. You want to feel good and be able to take things forward from that viewpoint. Quite a few people do not feel perfectly well and they still have relationships. I agree that it is difficult. I am affected by health issues too. The main impact on me is not feeling that others want someone who is unwell. I have to say, they don't seem to be put off though so maybe the problem of fearing rejection on those grounds is more in my head.

If it is not pain that is holding you back but a feeling that you need to resolve the health issues before starting a relationship, then you need to ask yourself whether you are using the health problems as a reason not to start forming relationships, whether the issue is more fear of making a start than the health issue. Only you know which it is.

You mention inexperience too. Maybe that is your worst fear. Don't let it be. Women are very understanding and lack of experience should not be a barrier. We all need love and affection whatever our previous experience. There are people who will want to meet someone like you. You need to believe that because it is true. How you feel on the inside is almost certainly different to how other people see you.

Edited by spiderowl
  • Like 1

It's dangerous to classify someone as a HA until the possibility of a physical cause can be 100% ruled out. Some years ago I had lost a lot of weight despite my increased appetite, was getting night sweats and constantly feeling on edge. My doctor told me it was anxiety, but I felt there was definitely more to it than that. When I tried another doctor, she tested me for hyperthyroidism(Graves' disease) and that indeed turned out to be the cause. If I'd accepted the first doctor's opinion, I could have become extremely ill.

With advancements in medical research, certain conditions which were once deemed as 'psychological', actually have physical causes like chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia and Ehlers Danlos syndrome.

• Like 1

The bottom line has to be:

"If you feel unwell, you are unwell."

Everything is psychosomatic, in the true sense:

The mind affects the body, and the body affects the mind.

People can have aches and pains because they are depressed, and chronic pain can cause depression.

It's not at all clear where the boundary is, or even if that boundary exists.

• Like 1
  • Author
Firstly, believe me, I know where you are with the symptoms. I have had facial and eye pain for years and went through a similar pathway to you to try to find a solution. It was eventually diagnosed as Trigeminal Neuralgia, but in some ways that was all that was left. I still had to live with the problem and took Gabapentin for years, which helped. The pain has faded somewhat but it is still there and I know I'll never be normal in that respect. It is demoralising because you think others see how you are different and not right somehow, but actually that is not the case. They are oblivious.

Some health issues can hold a person back because they directly affect the possiblity of a close relationship, e.g. it affects the way they look, their energy for a sexual relationship, or similar. If your condition doesn't affect the way you appear to others, then you could work round it as best you can. A partner should understand you are in pain sometimes and trying to get this resolved.

I do understand what you mean. You want to feel good and be able to take things forward from that viewpoint. Quite a few people do not feel perfectly well and they still have relationships. I agree that it is difficult. I am affected by health issues too. The main impact on me is not feeling that others want someone who is unwell. I have to say, they don't seem to be put off though so maybe the problem of fearing rejection on those grounds is more in my head.

If it is not pain that is holding you back but a feeling that you need to resolve the health issues before starting a relationship, then you need to ask yourself whether you are using the health problems as a reason not to start forming relationships, whether the issue is more fear of making a start than the health issue. Only you know which it is.

You mention inexperience too. Maybe that is your worst fear. Don't let it be. Women are very understanding and lack of experience should not be a barrier. We all need love and affection whatever our previous experience. There are people who will want to meet someone like you. You need to believe that because it is true. How you feel on the inside is almost certainly different to how other people see you.

Thanks for the kind words. I'd like to believe that's true but there's a huge part of me that just feels that it wouldn't be fair for someone to be with me while I'm dealing with these problems. I'm just afraid I'm going to get worse or just not want to do things at times. It's just a double edged sword where if I don't think about a relationship than nothing will ever happen but if I do I ask myself am I well enough & how will I meet anyone to begin with. I've been on online dating & messed it up already with some other woman that wanted to go on a date with me last month. I just feel I can't mess up opportunities like that since in my predicament I probably won't get many. I really just don't know what to do. I just want to get experience like everyone else & it would be nice to have a relationship with someone since like you said as corny as it is for me to say I'd love to have the feeling of a woman I like a lot to have the same feelings for me.

• Like 1

NJ, have you checked for B12 and B6 levels?

Did the allergist test over 200 foods, including any possible antibodies?

Do you take probiotics? It could be that you have had a chronic sinus infection. Probiotics are helpful in replenishing the gut environment.

Colon hydrotherapy, to remove toxins.

I'd still consider looking into candida and parasites. They show up in many, many ways, and are very common. Unfortunately, they are also very much overlooked in conventional medicine, and many people are misdiagnosed and are prescribed treatment that doesn't actually serve them, despite doctors' best intentions.