The inevitable happened

It was always surprising to me that my then husband would focus on a ring after betraying me in the worst possible way...

Think about it - and focus on repairing the damage you caused instead of a stupid ring.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

I've made it almost 7 months now with no contact with OM. I feel proud of that, because it hasn't been easy.

I just came back from my second visit with my parents that I took on my own without my husband or kids, and was able to keep to NC. I feel proud of that too.

My Husband and I have made a decision to purchase a house together and move further north in AZ when the kids finish school this year. I feel like this is a great step for us, but I am also very nervous. It seems odd to feel nervous about buying a house with your partner of 20 years. But I'm taking it as a sign that we are doing OK and working towards a better partnership. We are getting along well, he's trying to pick up more slack around the house since he got laid off, which is something I really appreciate.

Overall we are the right track I think. I just want to thank everyone for the good advise and encouragement you've given throughout this process....even you, DKT3 ;)