Is this an Emotional Affair or am I just jealous?

Over the weekend, she constantly fought to have me help her go back on the trip. Against what may have been my better judgment, I agreed. Now I know what everyone here is going to say about that, but I honestly viewed this situation as the "least" of our problems in some respects. In essence, the phone and her access to the Internet are far greater concerns to me than a 3-4 day trip. If I can manage/control those elements and avoid the resentment of having to deal with her being denied this trip, then I'm amenable to it. She asked for her phone for the trip and I flatly refused (after a pretty hefty fight and her throwing MY phone out our 2nd story window). I agreed to get her a GoPhone (talk/text only) for security purposes and a camera.

The rest of the week was tense, but she was so focused on preparing for her trip and we were having so many house showings that we seemed to have our minds elsewhere. We did have 2 meetings with the MC and both were primarily focused on establishing rules of conduct for her on the trip and trying to put my mind at ease (as best it can be). We have another scheduled for Monday where the MC wants us to go over the trip in her presence (and not before).

Just reread this and I still can't get over the fact that you don't see her hyperfocus on getting there at all costs + all the other factors. THe main one is the fact that she knows very well that no one can actually hold her accountable for her actions hile on her trip - and all you were worried about was the phone.
  • Like 1
Betrayed&Stayed
Abe how are things now?

I fear that his absence is a sign that things have hit the proverbial fan upon her return from Birmingham

• Like 1

Abe well who knows. I hope you return to the thread. You will get a few "I told you so" from some, but the most of us will just try and help you through the situation you have found yourself in.

Either way always be true to yourself and find some self respect and self worth.

• Like 1

Abe,

Look up Borderline Personality Disorder, see if she fits the traits. You need to regain confidence in yourself, sounds like you could be co-dependent on her.

She would be doing this to whoever she's married with right now, just not you. It's time to put the ball back in your court and stand up for yourself. You don't want someone who's not going to respect your boundaries and your vows.