My growing bitterness for men

Omei

Rejected Rosebud

Also to "LoveRefreshed":

Nice guy shaming has been around for decades. Calling nice caring men as effeminate and beta.

Do you think women are responsible for this? Nope. Men are pretty much the only ones calling other men out for being "nice guys" and "beta."

Sounds like you don't really know your brother and father.

Really? I'm disappointed that you even go there. Yes, I love my fiancee, brother and father, I know them as well as I know myself. They don't look at women the way you do. Anyway as you say, of course it's your right to see things the way you do, but if you are ever unhappy about your relationships with women you will have only yourself to examine.

• Author
I didn't read that as being about you at all, rather as a general statement. And I agree with the general statement...

It is about me because I'm the claimed bbw with daughter it was mentioned a past post someone said the thread should be closed simply because I'm overweight, not bbw status but I'm not a thin girl.

Also to "LoveRefreshed":

Do you think women are responsible for this? Nope. Men are pretty much the only ones calling other men out for being "nice guys" and "beta."

While men do shame other men for this women do it as well. My ex questioned my manhood for crying at a friend's funeral, not hitting her back when she hit me and wanting to get a cat. I have had women question my sexuality after I adopted a kitten after we divorced plus I have been called gay by women trying to get me to cheat on my wife with them. Believe women do it as well. On the other hand I am a pariah amongst my old group of friends because I am happily married.

• Author
OP, There are wonderful men in the world, many of them. You just haven’t been dating them or finding them lately. Maybe don't date for a year or two so you can clear the screen and reset. The decision to take a sabbatical can feel like a huge weight has been lifted and it might help in not becoming resentful.

I don't really want to stop dating because I want to find someone, I've already been single for 4 years if I don't meet someone in two years time oh well but I don't wish to take myself off market and tax on another two years to the 4 purposely lol maybe a few weeks of a break.

I am not obsessively searching tho I'm not on OLD or anything.

Moderation stopping by to remind members about berating language and tone, as such are prohibited, and to focus on the specifics of the personal issue raised by the thread starter. Plenty of other threads to promulgate gender-warring rhetoric in. Thanks!

WaitingForBardot
It is about me because I'm the claimed bbw with daughter it was mentioned a past post someone said the thread should be closed simply because I'm overweight, not bbw status but I'm not a thin girl.

Obviously I can't speak for RR, but we'll (you and me) have to agree to disagree; it was not about you.

Or do you feel that you are more deserving of what you want because you're not BBW? Just trying to understand...

Also to "LoveRefreshed":

Really? I'm disappointed that you even go there. Yes, I love my fiancee, brother and father, I know them as well as I know myself. They don't look at women the way you do. Anyway as you say, of course it's your right to see things the way you do, but if you are ever unhappy about your relationships with women you will have only yourself to examine.

Well women are responsible for the "friend zone". I suppose that might be a reason why some men are trying to get sex as fast as possible.

Meh people are people, relationships are hard. I love men. Many of them are adventurous and brave and tough and fun. Kind too. It IS hard to find the right person but that's just people. Not gender specific.

• Like 3
  • Author
Obviously I can't speak for RR, but we'll (you and me) have to agree to disagree; it was not about you.

Or do you feel that you are more deserving of what you want because you're not BBW? Just trying to understand...

You can scroll back and read the discussions

I just don't want to be called a bbw because I'm not one that's all

And I don't feel deserving of a specific type of man that was implied by a poster as my own thoughts when they are not.

• Author
Well women are responsible for the "friend zone". I suppose that might be a reason why some men are trying to get sex as fast as possible.

Men and woman both "friend zone" if anyone is responsible for it it's men for giving it a label, woman didn't invent friend zoning both genders do it.

Rejected Rosebud
While men do shame other men for this women do it as well. My ex questioned my manhood for crying at a friend's funeral, not hitting her back when she hit me and wanting to get a cat.
I know a crazy and abusive man. Do you think I should use his behavior as examples of "how men are"? I don't.
  • Like 1
I know a crazy and abusive man. Do you think I should use his behavior as examples of "how men are"? I don't.

I never said all women were like that but it is something common many men experience just like many women experience abuse.

WaitingForBardot
You can scroll back and read the discussions

I just don't want to be called a bbw because I'm not one that's all

And I don't feel deserving of a specific type of man that was implied by a poster as my own thoughts when they are not.

I've followed the entire discussion and I'm sympathetic to your situation. You seem to feel otherwise so I'll drop out for now.

Wishing you the best Omei! :)

• Like 1
  • Author
I've followed the entire discussion and I'm sympathetic to your situation. You seem to feel otherwise so I'll drop out for now.

Wishing you the best Omei! :)

I just don't wanna be called something I'm not lol

Rejected Rosebud

Women are NOT responsible for "the friend zone." I read a lot of books and watch old & new movies. There is a whole trope of women who are "friend zoned" by guys and always seen as "one of the boys." Typically she is sad because she secretly loves a guy who in turn is infatuated by a more "girly" girl.

Anyway why does anybody have to be held responsible for what you call "friend zone"? If you like somebody a lot but not in a sexual or romantic way ... it's a part of life. If that person does not want to be in your life in the role of a friend that is up to them.

How that relates to some men trying to "get sex" as fast as possible I am not really sure. :confused:

• Like 2
  • Author
People have the right to feel whatever they want, but that doesn't mean much of anything. A bigger girl with a kid who only wants to date tall, athletic men is very similar to the older, short, fat guys who want to date young hotties. I have no qualms about telling those dudes what their problem is, but for some reason that same logic cannot be applied to women. Once we try, we are accused of fat shaming, sexism, whatever.

I will say this. When I was in my 20's, I probably had a little more going for me than most guys in my age bracket. When I dated, I was not going to go out with a big girl with kids. Most younger guys with options will not. However, those same guys will have sex with those women while we are between relationships, hence the issues many of those ladies have with dating.

I admit, I have also fallen prey to one of those absolutely stunning "hot mess" type of women. As you say, we are all human. The difference is, I did not live a life of falling for crappy woman after crappy woman and then blaming all women for being crappy to men.

Didn't say I only wanted to date tall single men those words were shoved into my mouth by that poster as was the claim I was a bbw

I'm open to lots of body types and situation

• Like 2

OK, since that didn't work, I'm going to go back and moderate those who have chosen to ignore our directive. In the meantime, move on to other battlefields as this one is closed.